Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal (10785 Views)

Memo To Joint Army/police Panel On Taraba IRT Deaths / Senate Declares Police IG Idris ‘Enemy Of Democracy’ / Electoral Violence: Court Backs Wike, Declares Police Panel Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by vickylincon(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2017
hmmm
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by vickylincon(m): 10:06am On May 10, 2017
jlinkd78:
BMC spotted. U were so filled with bile that u never read DAT the court and d judge are both of Abuja division. Everybody here even know that Justice Kolawole is pro-APC judge but due to d overwhelming evidence in favour of Wike he had no choice but to rule appropriately. Read before commenting so u don't end up with dementia like Ur paymasters
I don't know what you guys are arguing with up there. but this is not about APC and PDP. this is a bad thing. we all know that election cause a lot of death and the police wanna inquire on the cause, the judge now said its illegal. trust me, its not good. what of those that lost families?...whoever is playing script is an enemy. is that mike San, the guy can defend bad thing ehn
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by kinibigdeal(m): 10:06am On May 10, 2017
Good for our democracy, we however hoped that our coordinating vice president will probe that zombie Ameachi sent to snatch ballot papers in open air
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by Bobby808: 10:28am On May 10, 2017
senatordave1:
This is the worst judicial order i have ever seen.how can a court stop security agencies from carrying out its core duties? Itz never done.who does that? I dont need to be told that gov wike bribed the FHC,ph division.they have been in his pocket since 2015 thats why he even stopped the sss from arresting FHC judges on his payroll.i dont expect the police to obey such a kangaroo or monkey post judgment.yesterday,that same court ruled in favour of wike and has repeated the same precdent.just as the rivers government is right in probing amaechi,the police and sss are right in probing the rerun.up apc,up buhari.down wike
But honestly, Buhari is indeed a bad luck leader. I have never seen such very hopeless leader. Uptill this hour, he has consistly loss all the correction cases he has accussed people of. Am just waiting for that of Dasuki, because am very sure he, Buhari will also lose that too. Damn too dull

1 Like

Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by senatordave1(m): 10:34am On May 10, 2017
Even if its the abuja division and justice kola is apc,the judgment is faulty.its setting a strange precedent
Whether the police decides to have a joint panel with dss or any other security agency,its of no concern of thr judiciary as far as there are peforming investigations which is part of their core duties anywhere in the world.we have always complained of lack of inter agency cooperation in nigeria between several security agencies.now that its been gradually achieved,a funny judge wants to scuttle it.no way.just like amechi is guilty of looting rivers corfers,we also know that hes guilty of mass scale election rigging,violence and murder.let wike still go ahead and set up his own probe panel.in the end,lets see who will win.wike's cup is full.up apc
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by senatordave1(m): 10:43am On May 10, 2017
Bobby808:
But honestly, Buhari is indeed a bad luck leader. I have never seen such very hopeless leader. Uptill this hour, he has consistly loss all the correction cases he has accussed people of. Am just waiting for that of Dasuki, because am very sure he, Buhari will also lose that too. Damn too dull
Your talking out of point.were talking of a judgment against the police not corruption case or buhari.but if i may indulge you,its not the fault of buhari that hes losing corruption cases but that of efcc.also,corrupt judges play a role.they efcc dont gather enough evidences to present to judges while many judges are biased against buhari's anti graft posture since it affects their corrupt ways.the law favours the rich and mighty in nigeria and doesn't favour the poor.thats why the rich hardly gets convicted.buhari has seen anomaly thats why dasuki and other corrupt ones would always be in detentionm
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by excel4us: 11:08am On May 10, 2017
NextGovernor:
Amaechi right now be like "Which kind wahala be this"

During Wike time as minister he deal with Amaechi as Governor nazo he run leave am cross to APC.
Wike na Governor he still dey deal with Amaechi as Minister upon federal might wey full him hand..

Don't u think Wike as councillor will still defeated Amaechi with Federal might?

Power pass Power my broda.
We are watching events as they unfold
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by ahaika23: 11:09am On May 10, 2017
Can someone tell me what is going on? First it was Presidency asking for Saint Amaechi to resign, now it's his Police committee he set up via the super professional police IG that has been quashed by an ABUJA COURT. Ah, lest I forget, the commission of enquiry set up by Wicked Wike which found Saint Amaechi unbelievably filthy was again upheld in a court of competent jurisdiction. You know one empty vessel made note of the fact that the judgment was from a Port Harcourt court. I wonder what he/she will say about the Abuja own. Why always Amaechi? Let me come and be going like bubu.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by kenny987(f): 11:14am On May 10, 2017
senatordave1:
Even if its the abuja division and justice kola is apc,the judgment is faulty.its setting a strange precedent
Whether the police decides to have a joint panel with dss or any other security agency,its of no concern of thr judiciary as far as there are peforming investigations which is part of their core duties anywhere in the world.we have always complained of lack of inter agency cooperation in nigeria between several security agencies.now that its been gradually achieved,a funny judge wants to scuttle it.no way.just like amechi is guilty of looting rivers corfers,we also know that hes guilty of mass scale election rigging,violence and murder.let wike still go ahead and set up his own probe panel.in the end,lets see who will win.wike's cup is full.up apc

Justice Kolawole noted that even though Section 4 and 11 of Police Act, allows the police to investigate allegations of crime, the law stipulates that the it will require presidential assent for the police to delegate power to another prosecutorial agency.

The police did not meet this requirement therefore the panel and everything arising from it is illegal. The law and proper procedures/due process will not be thrown out the window because they claim to be fighting corruption or investigating some crime. It is that law and its provisions that will be used.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by jrusky(m): 11:28am On May 10, 2017
This is what we have be waiting for I guess its better Buhari remain in UK its like he function better from UK beside its like without him Nigeria will do better and move forward. I will not rest til Amaechi is seriously punish in this country either now or later the guy called Amaechi annoys me everyday I set eyes on him like pooh.

Amaechi game over soon or later you will be bundle to your state to go and answer you fathers name. I knew it will happen one good day and its about to right now no hidding place for you even your Daura Lord has secretly told you to be packing your stinky luggages out of his cabinet as quick as you can hope Mr Amaechi the bastards of Ubima or Ubimo is hearing the bell now.

He that sold his brother cheap will not be able to buy it back costly. He that throw stone unto his fathers house will live and die miserably.

For DSS I had said severally the way they will be punish and victimize the very day power change hands in this country will be so brutal to the point hell fire will be more cooler and better than the sort of payback DSS will receive just keep watching the Tsunami is about to explode.
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by mrdreams: 11:56am On May 10, 2017
senatordave1:
This is the worst judicial order i have ever seen.how can a court stop security agencies from carrying out its core duties? Itz never done.who does that? I dont need to be told that gov wike bribed the FHC,ph division.they have been in his pocket since 2015 thats why he even stopped the sss from arresting FHC judges on his payroll.i dont expect the police to obey such a kangaroo or monkey post judgment.yesterday,that same court ruled in favour of wike and has repeated the same precdent.just as the rivers government is right in probing amaechi,the police and sss are right in probing the rerun.up apc,up buhari.down wike
your illiteracy is strictly from your enemies in your villa

go and bribe dem to jettison you from their list coz dem kill ur assimilation point

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by senatordave1(m): 12:02pm On May 10, 2017
kenny987:

The police did not meet this requirement therefore the panel and everything arising from it is illegal. The law and proper procedures/due process will not be thrown out the window because they claim to be fighting corruption or investigating some crime. It is that law and its provisions that will be used.
And who says they police may not have gotten presidential assent before doing that when we know the IGP cannot act without getting presidential assent? How can you say police is delegating its duties when the duty of sss and other agencies also encompasses investigations?
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by senatordave1(m): 12:06pm On May 10, 2017
jrusky:
This is what we have be waiting for I guess its better Buhari remain in UK its like he function better from UK beside its like without him Nigeria will do better and move forward. I will not rest til Amaechi is seriously punish in this country either now or later the guy called Amaechi annoys me everyday I set eyes on him like pooh.

Amaechi game over soon or later you will be bundle to your state to go and answer you fathers name. I knew it will happen one good day and its about to right now no hidding place for you even your Daura Lord has secretly told you to be packing your stinky luggages out of his cabinet as quick as you can hope Mr Amaechi the bastards of Ubima or Ubimo is hearing the bell now.

He that sold his brother cheap will not be able to buy it back costly. He that throw stone unto his fathers house will live and die miserably.

For DSS I had said severally the way they will be punish and victimize the very day power change hands in this country will be so brutal to the point hell fire will be more cooler and better than the sort of payback DSS will receive just keep watching the Tsunami is about to explode.
But why the hate for amechi? Is it a must to support gej? Is it not his constitutional right to support whoever he wishes to? Amechi is bad and corrupr but wike is far worse.amechi is a lesser evil.a little research on both personalities from 1999 would prove me righr
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by ahaika23: 12:12pm On May 10, 2017
senatordave1:

And who says they police may not have gotten presidential assent before doing that when we know the IGP cannot act without getting presidential assent? How can you say police is delegating its duties when the duty of sss and other agencies also encompasses investigations?

This one thinks the court as his girlfriend and tries to display his intelligence when he quarrels with her. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by marv1: 12:25pm On May 10, 2017
Na WA oh. The way haters of this government twist information is terrible.
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by kenny987(f): 12:38pm On May 10, 2017
senatordave1:

They were before the court. They did not present evidence of such assent because it wasn't sought and gotten. They can investigate but there are procedures one of which is not to incorporate another prosecution agency without approval from the president. Stop flogging a dead horse, they messed up as usual and the court will always remain the custodian and final arbiter that it is.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by senatordave1(m): 12:52pm On May 10, 2017
kenny987:

They were before the court. They did not present evidence of such assent because it wasn't sought and gotten. They can investigate but there are procedures one of which is not to incorporate anothet prosecution agency without approval from the president. Stop flogging a dead horse, they messed up as usual and the court will always remain the custodian and final arbiter that it is.
I have gone through the judgment over and over again and discovered that its an indirect victory for the police.one,the court saying the panel is illegal is an academic exercise and belated because the judge also said that the panel has finished its report and submitted it to the AGF and therefore it cant quash the report since the plaintiffs never presented it in court.the judge also states that itz now left for the AGF to act on the report and we all know what he would do.secondly,the igp can simply set up another panel made up of only police officers without the sss but can call the sss as witnesses thereby satisfying all legalities.thirdly he can still co opt the dss and others agencies but would get a written presidential assent.fourthly,wike doesn't want the police and others to probe but wants to do the probing himself yet would still submit the report to prosecutorial agencies later and still expect them to act on it.in summary,wike is still the loser.
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by Splashme: 1:29pm On May 10, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Wike 1--------Vegetable 0

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by ahaika23: 1:30pm On May 10, 2017
tongue
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by Bobby808: 5:04pm On May 10, 2017
senatordave1:

Your talking out of point.were talking of a judgment against the police not corruption case or buhari.but if i may indulge you,its not the fault of buhari that hes losing corruption cases but that of efcc.also,corrupt judges play a role.they efcc dont gather enough evidences to present to judges while many judges are biased against buhari's anti graft posture since it affects their corrupt ways.the law favours the rich and mighty in nigeria and doesn't favour the poor.thats why the rich hardly gets convicted.buhari has seen anomaly thats why dasuki and other corrupt ones would always be in detentionm
Buhari is federal government. He has every thing to win corription cases just that he is too dull to appoint very powerful people to head efcc. He has the money too to pay for many powerful lawers.
Re: Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal by Egalitarian1: 7:58pm On May 10, 2017
So upon all the daily noise made by Mr Femi Falana as having deep legal knowledge of our constitution, Ozekhome still defeated him. It's now obvious that Chief Mike Ozekhome, SAN, is MORE JURISPRUDENT than the much respected Falana. Remember that this same Mike Ozekhome has defeated EFCC nothing less than seven times in court(Gov Fayose's 70m professional fee is still a reminder). Tiri gbosaa for the BEST LAWYER OF OUR TIME, OZEKHOME. though I am vehemently against corruption and injustice but our constitution must be upheld in all supremacy in our daily socia-political affairs. Quote me wisely please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bad Roads: You’ve Not Been Fair To Ogun - Dapo Abiodun Tells FG / Violence Not Peculiar To Nigeria - Presidency Responds To Daily Trust Editorial / 50% Transport Subsidy: FG Slashes Inter-State Fares, Labour Knocks Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.