Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Who Is Watching "American Gods" - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Is Watching "American Gods" (28256 Views)

Download American Gods Season 01 - Episode 05 / Igbo Language Spoken In The Hit New TV Series, "American Gods" / The New Series American Gods S1e02 Is A Must Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Jeffy1206(m): 1:28am On Jun 15, 2017
sontoly:

I think emerald city was the one people said looks like game of thrones effect.
it was on YouTube that I researched about the best season films of 2017 and I saw American gods, along with others like Legion and emerald city. I have seen Legion and honestly the movie is soo confusing u need patients to watch it otherwise u may run man.
but havnt seen emerald city yet.
emerald city is another waste of everything undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Pangea: 5:02am On Jun 15, 2017
Jeffy1206:
I need better adventure mix with fantasy, sci - fi too... Pls recommend. For now I never understand this except I do better review again. But wait na Jesus then use bullet kill for episode 6 shocked

Go and watch
The Expanse!
Season 2 just finished,
Best sci-fi out there!
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by kevoh(m): 7:13am On Jun 15, 2017
Your​ hyping here made me download this TV series. All the hype, episode 5 and I'm still lost like a 5 year old kid in his first day at Physics class. angry This crap is boring and disjointed! You guys that understand and enjoy it must be from another planet. What a waste of MB men!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by oyetpel(m): 7:22am On Jun 15, 2017
kevoh:
Your​ hyping here made me download this TV series. All the hype, episode 5 and I'm still lost like a 5 year old kid in his first day at Physics class. angry This crap is boring and disjointed! You guys that understand and enjoy it must be from another planet. What a waste of MB men!

The series is thought provoking and its in riddles.

Some of the gods are comparison, especially the new gods like Mr World, Media, Tech boy.

There has always been the world we live in, the people most especially the powerful ones with money.
Media are the newspapers, cable networks, www.
Tech boy is the new form of social networks, apps.

So we believe in all these things, we worship them especially we can't do without social networks in this generation.

The killing of Mexican Jesus at the border was also a riddle, the people prayed for Jesus to help them, and he did.

He the armed forces who also believes in Jesus, and even inscribed the words of Jesus in their bullets, were also firing at the same people who believe in Jesus also murdering Jesus and nailing him to the cross again.

Its full of riddles and hyperboles.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by NPComplete: 7:24am On Jun 15, 2017
The question no one here seem to be asking is Mr Wednesday himself a good god or a bad god. We know he is cunning. The purposes he needs Shadow Moon for are less than noble, we know that.
The question is if he does get his wish, will he be a benevolent god or less?
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by kevoh(m): 7:53am On Jun 15, 2017
oyetpel:

The series is thought provoking and its in riddles.

Some of the gods are comparison, especially the new gods like Mr World, Media, Tech boy.

There has always been the world we live in, the people most especially the powerful ones with money.
Media are the newspapers, cable networks, www.
Tech boy is the new form of social networks, apps.

So we believe in all these things, we worship them especially we can't do without social networks in this generation.

The killing of Mexican Jesus at the border was also a riddle, the people prayed for Jesus to help them, and he did.

He the armed forces who also believes in Jesus, and even inscribed the words of Jesus in their bullets, were also firing at the same people who believe in Jesus also murdering Jesus and nailing him to the cross again.

Its full of riddles and hyperboles.
I understand the symbolism of the characters to the present world, tech boy and co, infact that's another reason I quickly optedin and downloaded it but the show itself doesn't connect for me. I get lost most of the time trying to see the head of the show
I downloaded the book too and tried to read up the first chapters but nothing! I have given upp on the show for now and come back when they have gone like 2 seasons, by then it should be making sense.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Jaymaestro(m): 7:54am On Jun 15, 2017
The show takes fun at being boring in an interesting way.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by oyetpel(m): 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
kevoh:

I understand the symbolism of the characters to the present world, tech boy and co, infact that's another reason I quickly optedin and downloaded it but the show itself doesn't connect for me. I get lost most of the time trying to see the head of the show
I downloaded the book too and tried to read up the first chapters but nothing! I have given upp on the show for now and come back when they have gone like 2 seasons, by then it should be making sense.

Yes, you are right it's still in preliminary and the build up is slow.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by thenny312(m): 7:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
Jeffy1206:
emerald city is another waste of everything undecided
emerald city is quite nice to me, so bad it's been cancelled
I only saw the frist episode of legion, I hate it
So confusing........
Didn't know which scene was real or if it was in the main actors head
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Pangea: 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
I'm shocked, no one is watching "The Expanse"
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Ignatio(m): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
sontoly:

Oga where was it overhyped?, don't expect every show to have same storyline with GOT this series is quite different from others, try and watch and enjoy it no competition here.

It was on advertised on every social media platform. They compared it with GOT. That's what even made me start watching it.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Ignatio(m): 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2017
oyetpel:

I am sure of what am saying.

You know when you want to download a video from youtube, it will present like a 5 seconds advertisement. So it was part of the ad, and they said aomething like the new game of thrones is American gods.

Exactly. They should have just allowed the series make it's name instead of attaching GOT to gain popularity.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Ignatio(m): 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2017
kevoh:

Pls post the download link.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
Jeffy1206:
I need better adventure mix with fantasy, sci - fi too... Pls recommend. For now I never understand this except I do better review again. But wait na Jesus then use bullet kill for episode 6 shocked
The 100, you will love it!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 18, 2017
I like the way The Guy that was talking to Shadow about not pissing people off at the airport talks, he talks exactly like Robert Freeman in "The Boondocks" but he's white!grin #Ep1
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Saintsquare(m): 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
skrt:
The 100, you will love it!
Na better series be that
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
Saintsquare:
Na better series be that
Yeah smiley
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Pangea: 10:54am On Jun 19, 2017
God knows what the family of Yetide Badaki - Bilquis will be thinking with all their daughter's nudity on Tv?
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Faboosuarez(m): 1:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
@pangea, the nudity ain't real tis CG
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by 100naira(m): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
American gods season 1 episode 8

One word

Odin
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by oyetpel(m): 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
Faboosuarez:
@pangea, the nudity ain't real tis CG

CGI or not, what people see is her body.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 20, 2017
Episode 8. O boy see blasphemy at its peak
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by samsard(m): 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
So many Jesuses grin
These gods ehn
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by stacyadams: 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
which site can i download season movies pls"?
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by stonemind(f): 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
After G.O.T I'll pick this any day anytime, and Legion i cant wait for it second season
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Friedyokes: 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. My ravens are Huginn and Muninn, Thought and Memory; my wolves are Freki and Geri; my horse is the gallows.....

I AM ODIN!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 1:11am On Jun 21, 2017
Episode 8 is quite revealing and interesting.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by lizzy8(f): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2017
I so much love this show grin
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by mediocre(m): 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
I'm in episode 2 and I still think it's crap
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 22, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Episode 8.
O boy see blasphemy at its peak
as in ehn. The blasphemy too much. I keep praying to God to forgive Me after each episode . lol
Dead wife sha, she's lukin very disgusting. Let d dead remain Dead na
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 22, 2017
stonemind:
After G.O.T I'll pick this any day anytime, and Legion i cant wait for it second season
Dude , you just spoke my mind.
Re: Who Is Watching "American Gods" by dapotanye(m): 2:33am On Jun 22, 2017
durentchigozie:
as in ehn. The blasphemy too much. I keep praying to God to forgive Me after each episode . lol
Dead wife sha, she's lukin very disgusting. Let d dead remain Dead na
just watch it with an open mind, it has nothing to with your belief

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly / BBNaija: Why I Decided To Date Nina – Miracle / Big Brother Naija 2019 Holds After Elections And Inaugurations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.