Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,542 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad (2351 Views)

Reapplying For A Turkish Visa After Rejection / Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by TeeFriz: 6:46am On May 10, 2017
Hi, Good morning...

A friend of mine just got this job offer in canada(contract). Please he wants to know if he is meant to apply for visa on his terms or the company would probably send a link or something because in their offer letter,it was stated that he should send his signed agreed terms and also send his passport photograph,visa size 45mm + 33mm(this was what got him confused). If he is to go ahead to apply on his own please how will he do it(the link) or any other seamless way of going about it (procedures). They agreed to give him a free air boarding ticket also.

Secondly how genuine can this be although he applied and online interview was conducted(written).

Thank you in advance
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by TeeFriz: 9:08am On May 10, 2017
Please he needs advise
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by justwise(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2017
TeeFriz:
Hi, Good morning...

A friend of mine just got this job offer in canada(contract). Please he wants to know if he is meant to apply for visa on his terms or the company would probably send a link or something because in their offer letter,it was stated that he should send his signed agreed terms and also send his passport photograph,visa size 45mm + 33mm(this was what got him confused). If he is to go ahead to apply on his own please how will he do it(the link) or any other seamless way of going about it (procedures). They agreed to give him a free air boarding ticket also.

Secondly how genuine can this be although he applied and online interview was conducted(written).

Thank you in advance

This is just first stage before demand for money comes in. Your friend has a lot time now to run away.

To answer your question.. yes your friend has to apply for visa himself.

5 Likes

Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by welf99: 1:05pm On May 10, 2017
TeeFriz:
Hi, Good morning...

Thank you in advance

You mention Canada, ask your friend did he applied for this job? was any interview conducted? tell your friend to do more investigation.....they will soon ask for money. The chance is yours to flee

1 Like

Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by TeeFriz: 2:31pm On May 10, 2017
welf99:

You mention Canada, ask your friend did he applied for this job? was any interview conducted? tell your friend to do more investigation.....they will soon ask for money. The chance is yours to flee

He applied and did interview....
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by berberjyde(m): 6:53pm On May 10, 2017
it means dat is passport photograph should be in 45mm+33mm visa size...... the company will process is work permit. visa passport size is usually 45-33

[quote author=TeeFriz post=56374272]Hi, Good morning...

Thank you in advance

[/quote
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by TeeFriz: 7:46pm On May 10, 2017
Than you
quote author=berberjyde post=56396381]
it means dat is passport photograph should be in 45mm+33mm visa size...... the company will process is work permit. visa passport size is usually 45-33

[/quote]
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by bedspread: 2:21am On May 11, 2017
justwise:

This is just first stage before demand for money comes in. Your friend has a lot time now to run away.

To answer your question.. yes your friend has to apply for visa himself.
OP! GO AND BUY A BOTTLE OF REDWINE FOR JUSTWISE. HE JUST GAVE U THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by ttmacoy: 4:45am On May 11, 2017
If you got an offer from a company in canada why not ask them if they will be applying for a visa for you rather than nairaland?

Re how genuine, is It a genuine company, are you qualified for the role, do you have a contract of a job offer signed? does it sound too good to be true?

TeeFriz:
Hi, Good morning...

Thank you in advance

Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by TeeFriz: 5:54am On May 11, 2017
ttmacoy:
If you got an offer from a company in canada why not ask them if they will be applying for a visa for you rather than nairaland?

Re how genuine, is It a genuine company, are you qualified for the role, do you have a contract of a job offer signed? does it sound too good to be true?

And what is the harm in asking narialand? undecided

Learning is a continuous process
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by TeeFriz: 5:55am On May 11, 2017
ttmacoy:

Besides you didn't give any cogent advise.
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by ttmacoy: 8:27am On May 11, 2017
The harm is if you have to come to nairaland to ask if the company will apply for a visa for you then its obvious the offer is a scam isn't it?

If a reputable company offers you a job they will tell you the visa process and you will know rather than be left in the dark asking on nairaland.

And besides I asked him other questions which if he answers he will also see it is a scam. You get an offer for a job you are not exactly qualified for, with little or no interview or application process and you don't ask the question why would they offer me this job instead of someone in Canada?

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have any contact in the company he is supposed to have an offer from and it's all via email.

TeeFriz:

Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by obinna5000(m): 12:04pm On May 11, 2017
I thought the company will be the one to petition for the work permit or work visa on behalf of the employee.
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by TeeFriz: 1:06pm On May 11, 2017
obinna5000:
I thought the company will be the one to petition for the work permit or work visa on behalf of the employee.

Thank you...somebody making sense atlast

Based on logistics... It should be the company (if they are genuine)
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by komia: 2:06pm On May 11, 2017
The company should advice accordingly unless it's owned by a Nigerian
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by valeroso: 10:41am On May 12, 2017
TeeFriz:

Did nairaland offer him the job?
Think. Always think.

1 Like

Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by ttmacoy: 11:17am On May 12, 2017
Isn't that the same thing I said by asking why come to nairaland to ask and not the company who has given you an offer?

The guy should be careful not to pay any money because it all smells like a scam. If a reputable company makes you an offer knowing fully well he is based in Nigeria and needs work visa sponsorship, they will start discussion on visa application asap. He will have a contact in HR and the team he will be working with to address such questions not come to nairaland.

TeeFriz:

Thank you...somebody making sense atlast

Based on logistics... It should be the company (if they are genuine)
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by TeeFriz: 11:50am On May 12, 2017
valeroso:

Did nairaland offer him the job?
Think. Always think.

Perhaps you think through your an*s....

I came on here to seek opinions....and i know thats what this forum is meant for

The last time i checked it wasn't placed out there through your inheritance...so why the cold blood?
Re: Visa After Getting A Job Offer Abroad by TeeFriz: 11:52am On May 12, 2017
ttmacoy:
Isn't that the same thing I said by asking why come to nairaland to ask and not the company who has given you an offer?

The guy should be careful not to pay any money because it all smells like a scam. If a reputable company makes you an offer knowing fully well he is based in Nigeria and needs work visa sponsorship, they will start discussion on visa application asap. He will have a contact in HR and the team he will be working with to address such questions not come to nairaland.

Of course he will ask.... Double checking and getting substantial information about something before you strike is not a bad idea either

(1) (Reply)

Forgot To Print Online Nigerian Visa Application Form! Any Advice Please? / Moving To England / Urgent Please Can I Renew My Nigeria Passport at the Nigeria consulate in Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.