Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) (69767 Views)

World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean / Why You Shouldn't Squat In A Hostel / Aborted Baby Found In A Hostel In Federal University Oye Ekiti (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Hamature(m): 11:45am On May 10, 2017
This looks like a Sloth to me. Not sure though.
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by ruggedtimi(m): 11:46am On May 10, 2017
Specialspesh:
There's nothing so strange/weird about it. That's a Potto, eye turns white when dead.
correct...naija with that bush baby mentality and lady koi koi mentality
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by technicallyrich(m): 11:46am On May 10, 2017
That is a frog

1 Like

Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Missmossy(f): 11:46am On May 10, 2017
Eww too scary undecided i don't even want to see it in my dreams.
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by kirchofff(m): 11:48am On May 10, 2017
VickyRotex:
This same animal that caused confusion on NL about 2 months ago. (Potto)

Where people were saying it's Koala, Panda, bush baby cheesy cheesy cheesy

I know this will get to 20 pages too. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3665672/see-animal-killed-university-benin
thanks jare..wen i saw it i remeberd that post, but i couldnt remember the animal's name....now i wont forget it next time
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by virus05(m): 11:48am On May 10, 2017
yemimajid:
please shut up.
cow, idiot.
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by donsheddy1(m): 11:48am On May 10, 2017
bbbabes1:
This Facebook user said this weird looking animal was found in front of his sister's room in her school situated in Ekpoma, Edo State. This looks very much weird.

Is it really a bush baby?

[img]https://3.bp..com/-w1JbGC5AKYI/WRK_tzp0B5I/AAAAAAADnVs/cCTfTv59nTogonPULNLc9VRd0rbc-Hm3QCLcB/s1600/20170510_080842.png[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/05/see-strange-and-weird-looking-animal.html

Anyways this is an Angwantibo.
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Baroba(m): 11:50am On May 10, 2017
Piercy:
Hey guys I am really interested in this and I will get to the root as to this was found in my school in as much.. It's typically a very odd animal

Now let me clear the air

First of all its

It's not a koala.. They don't live in Africa.. Secondly the features are in arguably different nothing similar about both animals

Secondly it's not a potto

The potto is quite close to this creature but seeing what I have researched so far about potto I can say it's definitely not a potto

Thirdly it's not a bear...the last specie of Africa bear known as the Atlas bear is extinct plus it was only found in North Africa precisely around Morocco

And no again it's not a bush dog or some wild cat

Now we have understood that...

I would have loved a real detailed picture of the animal one where the feet and hands are shown that's a simple way to identify it but nor the less I will provide a viable name today...

Please I disqualified the above assumptions after serious researchs made... Before you claim to be Noah let me see your proof with possible sources

Thanks

If any one could help me with its actual skin color, it's feet, possession of claws or not... Any details at all or a good link to a very good pic of it.. It will be helpful

Nice write up, but I disagree with you, this looks like a Potto, observe the fingerless digits and read up on wiki the anatomy of the potto..This very animal matches that description.. It may well be a Calabar Agwantibo, they kind of look similar from my little research.. We have a lot to learn in Naija men..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potto

1 Like

Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Nobody: 11:50am On May 10, 2017
kirchofff:
k

It's not a sloth. There is evidentiary 6 species and nor of it matches it.. If it's some sub specie core features should be intact most notably the claw hands something I don't see.. And you are right though about same thing : both animals are the same

Concerning the glowing eyes.. I believe this is a refraction of flash led light on camera when it was taken...
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by adecz: 11:51am On May 10, 2017
A bush baby

looking for its bush mother

in female hostel......

Maybe a student mother aborted it
& threw it into the bush.. undecided
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by 360command: 11:51am On May 10, 2017
yourexcellency:
Egbere in Yoruba
hmm, never heard of this. what is Egbere when translated to English
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by midehi2(f): 11:51am On May 10, 2017
Bumbae1:

Haha spoilt geh cheesy
Lol actually didnt even think that its the shoe i was looking at. It's not me o ..
Neva marry o
hahahaha, forget that thing jor, u never marry, u no dey straff cheesy cheesy
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by talk2saintify(m): 11:52am On May 10, 2017
NA WITCH

1 Like

Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Specialspesh: 11:52am On May 10, 2017
Slow Loris is not as big as a potto. Though they look alike to an extent
Atmmachine:

I know the name of that animal

That animal is definitely not a baby bush

The name of that animal is Slow Loris

Here's the picture of how a Slow Loris looks like
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Pecca: 11:53am On May 10, 2017
ikiri
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Specialspesh: 11:55am On May 10, 2017
Pottos have different species. This particular one is a Bosman's potto
Piercy:
Hey guys I am really interested in this and I will get to the root as to this was found in my school in as much.. It's typically a very odd animal

Now let me clear the air

First of all its

It's not a koala.. They don't live in Africa.. Secondly the features are in arguably different nothing similar about both animals

Secondly it's not a potto

The potto is quite close to this creature but seeing what I have researched so far about potto I can say it's definitely not a potto

Thirdly it's not a bear...the last specie of Africa bear known as the Atlas bear is extinct plus it was only found in North Africa precisely around Morocco

And no again it's not a bush dog or some wild cat

Now we have understood that...

I would have loved a real detailed picture of the animal one where the feet and hands are shown that's a simple way to identify it but nor the less I will provide a viable name today...

Please I disqualified the above assumptions after serious researchs made... Before you claim to be Noah let me see your proof with possible sources

Thanks

If any one could help me with its actual skin color, it's feet, possession of claws or not... Any details at all or a good link to a very good pic of it.. It will be helpful
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Nobody: 11:56am On May 10, 2017
Baroba:

Nice write up, but I disagree with you, this is definitely a Potto, observe the fingerless digits and read up on wiki the anatomy of the potto..This very animal matches that description..

Baroba:

Nice write up, but I disagree with you, this is definitely a Potto, observe the fingerless fifth digit and read up on wiki the anatomy of the potto..This very animal matches that description..

After the second picture from the same animal from the uniben post and wiki details on potto this definitely is a potto.... Plus the potto is the only animal who falls between the Nigeria region for possible habitation especially the southern side...

Nice If you don't mind do check out the uniben post it confirmed your suspicious and provided a plausible answer to the animal

THIS is a confirmed potto... It was why I needed a detailed look at the nails it's easy to get a read on animal taxonomy through the finger digits
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Hyicene(m): 11:59am On May 10, 2017
loobby:
THAT ANIMAL IS CALLED BUHARI
u re on point bro!
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by paxefe: 11:59am On May 10, 2017
What a scary creature. Seeing it the time
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by DeRay98(m): 11:59am On May 10, 2017
bbbabes1:
This Facebook user said this weird looking animal was found in front of his sister's room in her school situated in Ekpoma, Edo State. This looks very much weird.

Is it really a bush baby?

[img]https://3.bp..com/-w1JbGC5AKYI/WRK_tzp0B5I/AAAAAAADnVs/cCTfTv59nTogonPULNLc9VRd0rbc-Hm3QCLcB/s1600/20170510_080842.png[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/05/see-strange-and-weird-looking-animal.html

For people who have lived in deep rural areas and are familiar with forest, there's nothing spiritual about this animal. It's one of the family of Bush baby.
It has a very tough skin and live in deep forest on the trees. If the house is close to bushes with big trees it can come out to food in the open.
It's a night animal. Hence it's not easily seen.
Enough of the spiritualization of ignorance.
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Hyicene(m): 12:03pm On May 10, 2017
technicallyrich:
That is a frog
if u see frog like dat real lyf u no go run?
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by VickyRotex(f): 12:04pm On May 10, 2017
dacovajnr:
it's pronounced in a singular form so Vicky bushbaby nie grin cheesy

angry angry Daddy Bush, Awee report you to Mods for bullying. angry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by VickyRotex(f): 12:05pm On May 10, 2017
kirchofff:
thanks jare..wen i saw it i remeberd that post, but i couldnt remember the animal's name....now i wont forget it next time

lol. No worries. You're welcome!
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Hyicene(m): 12:05pm On May 10, 2017
technicallyrich:
That is a frog
aw sum pple dy think sef
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by EnkayDezign: 12:05pm On May 10, 2017
One day all the wild animals will vex and leave Naija, na so so kill we just de kill dem.

Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 10, 2017
Confirmed thanks to quick observation by baroda and a much detailed pic of same animal from an earlier thread by a uniben stud who killed same animal... It's confirmed as the periodictus potto ( THE BOSSMAN POTTO)

1 Like

Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by tonychristopher: 12:07pm On May 10, 2017
IT IS NO SPIRITUAL ANIMAL ITS CALLED BUSH BABY..NOCTURNAL IN NATURE AND BOTANICAL NAMES SOUNDS FUNNY...LIKE galagea something something

had biology F9
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Baroba(m): 12:09pm On May 10, 2017
Piercy:

After the second picture from the same animal from the uniben post and wiki details on potto this definitely is a potto.... Plus the potto is the only animal who falls between the Nigeria region for possible habitation especially the southern side...

Nice If you don't mind do check out the uniben post it confirmed your suspicious and provided a plausible answer to the animal

THIS is a confirmed potto... It was why I needed a detailed look at the nails it's easy to get a read on animal taxonomy through the finger digits

Thanks, I remember the picture from a few months back, I even sent the pix to a wildlife centre in UK and they did confirm it was a Potto..I have since been to London zoo to see them. Intriguing animals..

1 Like

Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Hyicene(m): 12:09pm On May 10, 2017
midehi2:

that your dp, i can't comprehend, was the guy giving you behind job? cheesy cheesy cheesy choi!
atin. something going on dia
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by dacovajnr: 12:10pm On May 10, 2017
VickyRotex:

angry angry Daddy Bush, Awee report you to Mods for bullying. angry cry cry
Hehehe,I know the last thing you'd do to me is "report me to the mod" kiss kiss #GentleSoul
Re: Animal Found Dead In A Hostel In Ekpoma, Edo State (Photo) by Hyicene(m): 12:11pm On May 10, 2017
adecz:
A bush baby

looking for its bush mother

in female hostel......

Maybe a student mother aborted it
& threw it into the bush.. undecided
ur very ryt.. i see with u...any thin can appun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Autopsy Result Of Sylvester Oromoni Junior Has Been Released (photos) / Aerial View Of Ahmadu Bello University — Naturally Ahead (Photos) / Kwara Poly Post Ume Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.