Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? (8266 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of 'ruga'? / The Meaning Of Buhari's 4+4 Sign Pictures At National Assembly Dug By Nigerians / How Afonja Lost Power To Fulani In Ilorin — Kasum, Leader Of Afonja Descendants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by konjinus(m): 5:36pm On May 10, 2017
grin please who knows?
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Agimor(m): 5:41pm On May 10, 2017
Afonja warriors will storm this thread for you... grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Unimaginable123: 5:45pm On May 10, 2017
konjinus:
grin please who knows?
name of a yoruba chief in ilorin that invited fulanis to help him fight oyo empire. The fulanis ended up killing him and installing their emir as chief of ilorin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by khallyberry: 5:58pm On May 10, 2017
afonja has a very broad meaning, below are some of the meaning ;
1.a person from the brown roof republic
2.a person with a scar face that looks the mane of a cat (wild or domestic)
3.a person who does not have respect for higher powers( oba lilwayne).
am coming let me make more research cheesy

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 10, 2017
Watch Kunle Afolayan's October 1st

You will see who Afonja is and how he behaves.
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Ejanla07: 6:42pm On May 10, 2017
Ok
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Unimaginable123: 7:16pm On May 10, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
Watch Kunle Afolayan's October 1st

You will see who Afonja is and how he behaves.
Mazi, are u from Aroundizuogu? I'm from Aro too. Arondizuogu. God bless

6 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Jajayi: 7:26pm On May 10, 2017
grin grin grin

cc; BiafranBushBoy, ZombieTamer, ZombieTERROR
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by GodIsFoolish: 7:37pm On May 10, 2017
Afonja was a Yoruba (King)Oba who betrayed the Yoruba Race and aligned with the fulani people, the fulani people murdered the Oba of Yoruba then installed a fulani as Emir.

That's why Yoruba people now have Fulani as king(Emir) in Illorin instead of an Oba,

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 10, 2017
AFONJA association of frustrated Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:57pm On May 10, 2017
checking my dictionary
Afonja means a person who lives to appease the Fulani to his own detriment

A person who would do anything for the Fulani
Even donate his sense to the Hausa Fulani

If you doubt me say anything anti Buhari ... They will start foaming from all openings on their body

24 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:58pm On May 10, 2017
Jajayi:
grin grin grin

cc; BiafranBushBoy, ZombieTamer, ZombieTERROR

4 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by lashout1: 10:01pm On May 10, 2017
Its a person that had undergo a series of more or less long time predictable conic head shaping act esp 2 weeks after birth. they emerge afterward as a card carrying member of a group of cowards found in Southwestern part of Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Princesaha: 10:59pm On May 10, 2017
Afonjas are "Wasterners" easily identified by the shape of their oblong coned heads and tiger-scratched faces and I am proud to be one. Our main religion is Islam while our major occupations are head and skull mining, kidney harvesting and Limb processing. We are also good in Internet scams (Yahoo plus) and pickpocketing.
As for me, I am a skull miner and by the grace of Sango and Obatala combined, the present Secretary-general of "Afonjaa skull miners association of Nigeria (ASMAN), So if there is any other thing you need to know, just holla me.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Mophasa(m): 12:36am On May 11, 2017
Afonjas can be classically defined as the a$$ lickers and worshippers of the gambaris (fulanis)

Eg- Awolowo, Tinubu, Oba Lilwayne of the lagoon grin

We even have loads of them over here on NL ie Sarrki, Antiwailer, ngeneukwenu, madridguy etc
We also have afonja wannabes like omenkalives and Co

They can give up their lives just to defend their fulani masters and they have vowed to be slaves to the fulanis for life grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by AntiWailer: 12:53am On May 11, 2017
Mophasa:
Afonjas can be classically defined as the a$$ lickers and worshippers of the gambaris (fulanis)

Eg- Awolowo, Tinubu, Oba Lilwayne of the lagoon grin

We even have loads of them over here on NL ie Sarrki, Antiwailer, ngeneukwenu, madridguy etc
We also have afonja wannabes like omenkalives and Co

They can give up their lives just to defend their fulani masters and they have vowed to be slaves to the fulanis for life grin

Only if you invest your miserable life in something worth while.
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Nobody: 1:03am On May 11, 2017
simply mean.. betrayal.

8 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by cedar3: 1:33am On May 11, 2017
Dictionary of Nigerian History (8th Edition):

1. (noun): a slave, especially one who has vowed to remain same forever, mostly from the southwestern region of Nigeria.

2. (noun): a person, easily recognizable by whiskerlike tribal marks across the face and highly skilled in the art of betrayal.

3. (pron): someone who has determined to gravel at the feet of Fulani Muslims, or conveniently plays second-fiddle even if it means death.

4. (adj): used to qualify a people who can never see anything good from the SouthEastern or SouthSouthern regions of Nigeria.

Example:
1. Awolowo was the Afonja who took rat poison to end his miserable life after helping to shed the blood of millions of Biafrans and swindling them out of their money.

2. Oba Lilwayne was the Afonja that promised to drown all Igbos in the lagoon if they don't vote for his anointed President who later turned to be a snitch.

3. An Afonja king recently disrespected another Afonja king and got his regalia burnt.

Synonyms:
Yoruba,
Ofe nmanu,
Brown roof.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Nonybb: 6:01am On May 11, 2017
Simply put, Afonja are the conquered Yoruba nation by the Dan Fodios

6 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Nobody: 6:09am On May 11, 2017
Afonja is the derogatory term used by nairaland IPOB miscreants to describe anyone opposed to their Biafran, land grabbing antics. The surprising thing is that they fail to realize Nigeria is made up of over 250 ethnic groups and many nairalanders could just as well belong to any one of them

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Basic123: 6:11am On May 11, 2017
IGBO s are having fun.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Adiola(f): 8:08am On May 11, 2017
cedar3:
Dictionary of Nigerian History (8th Edition):

1. (noun): a slave, especially one who has vowed to remain same forever, mostly from the southwestern region of Nigeria.

2. (noun): a person, easily recognizable by whiskerlike tribal marks across the face and highly skilled in the art of betrayal.

3. (pron): someone who has determined to gravel at the feet of Fulani Muslims, or conveniently plays second-fiddle even if it means death.

4. (adj): used to qualify a people who can never see anything good from the SouthEastern or SouthSouthern regions of Nigeria.

Example:
1. Awolowo was the Afonja who took rat poison to end his miserable life after helping to shed the blood of millions of Biafrans and swindling them out of their money.

2. Oba Lilwayne was the Afonja that promised to drown all Igbos in the lagoon if they don't vote for his anointed President who later turned to be a snitch.

3. An Afonja king recently disrespected another Afonja king and got his regalia burnt.

Synonyms:
Yoruba,
Ofe nmanu,
Brown roof.
respect my tribe
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by cedar3: 12:46am On May 12, 2017
Adiola:
respect my tribe
Even as u respect mine, thou from d most sophisticated tribe

8 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by Sealeddeal(m): 3:09am On May 12, 2017
Afonja is the a name of a Person, Animals, Place or things.

1 Like

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by EzeCanada: 3:50am On May 12, 2017
A. ANCIENT
F. FAMOUS
O. ODUA
N. NOBLEMAN with
J. JUDAS Iscariot's
A. ANTECEDENTS

... I am terribly sorry if this doesn't help

12 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by IstandWitBuhari: 4:08am On May 12, 2017
Lol

1 Like

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by 9jakool: 4:42am On May 12, 2017
konjinus:
grin please who knows?
Afonja was a historic figure from Ilorin who formed an alliance that backfired on him causing Oyo to loose the Ilorin throne.

On NL:
A term derived from a historic figure that people from a very particular tribe like to single out and abuse to validate their pathetic claim after now learning about the rich history of Yoruba people. They use it as an insult while not understanding it's full context. In reality, it makes no sense because it's the same as referring to Jewish people as Judas as a form of insult.

1 Like

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by saintneo(m): 4:54am On May 12, 2017
Unimaginable123:
name of a yoruba chief in ilorin that invited fulanis to help him fight oyo empire. The fulanis ended up killing him and installing their emir as chief of ilorin
brutality.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by EzeCanada: 5:06am On May 12, 2017
9jakool:

Afonja was a historic figure from Ilorin who formed an alliance that backfired on him causing Oyo to loose the Ilorin throne.

On NL:
A term derived from a historic figure that people from a very particular tribe like to single out and abuse to validate their pathetic claim after now learning about the rich history of Yoruba people. They use it as an insult while not understanding it's full context. In reality, it makes no sense because it's the same as referring to Jewish people as Judas as a form of insult.

Quite an intelligent and sincere submission. I can understand your frustrations too. The only contrast however, is that unlike the jews, majority of the historic figures from this particular tribe past and present exhibited similar betrayal tendencies like the Afonja.
The Awolowo's, the Banjo's, the Obasanjo's, the Diya's, the Tinubu's and more recently the Akinolu's, just to mention but a few, comes to mind.

Nevertheless, there are adorable ones amongst them.

6 Likes

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by CursedIboes: 5:15am On May 12, 2017
[s]
EzeCanada:

Quite an intelligent and sincere submission. I can understand your frustrations too. The only contrast however, is that unlike the jews, majority of the historic figures from this particular tribe past and present exhibited similar betrayal tendencies as the Afonja.
The Awolowo's, the Obasanjo's, the Diya's, the Tinubu's and more recently the Akinolu's, just to mention but a few, comes to mind.

[/s]

Wawa Ibo, how did those names up there betray you? You people have opposite meanings to everything, same way you call the loudmouthed Abidjan coward, Ojukwu a brave man. How is Akiolu a betrayal? Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by CursedIboes: 5:16am On May 12, 2017
EzeCanada:
A. ANCIENT
F. FAMOUS
O. ODUA
N. NOBLEMAN with
J. JUDAS Iscariot's
A. ANTECEDENTS

... I am terribly sorry if this doesn't help

I - Idiotic
P - Paupers
O - Of
B- Biafuro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Afonja? by 9jakool: 5:17am On May 12, 2017
EzeCanada:

Quite an intelligent and sincere submission. I can understand your frustrations too. The only contrast however, is that unlike the jews, majority of the historic figures from this particular tribe past and present exhibited similar betrayal tendencies as the Afonja.
The Awolowo's, the Obasanjo's, the Diya's, the Tinubu's and more recently the Akinolu's, just to mention but a few, comes to mind.

Betrayal to who?
The people you listed are being praised by yorubas, so I don't know who they betrayed.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Guber: Journalists Barred As Tribunal Rules On APC Petition / Kogi Tribunal: Braimoh Closes Case With Proof Of Election Non-compliance / EXPOSED: Zahra Buhari's Expensive Lifestyle [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.