Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

How To Set Python Default Interpreter - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Set Python Default Interpreter (1193 Views)

How To Download And Install Python Interpreter / Dificult To Update Pip in Python 3 when default is python 2 / An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Set Python Default Interpreter by rawdpiper(m): 9:49am On May 11, 2017
I Run A Windows System, And I Have Both Installation Files Of Python 2.7 And 3.6. Coz I'll Be Using Python 3.6 Most Of The Time How Do I Set It Up In Such A Way That Python 3.6 Will Be Default Interpreter And Will Switch To Python 2.7 Anytime I Need It?

Cc: Gaara101, dfrost
Re: How To Set Python Default Interpreter by Franzinni: 9:55am On May 11, 2017
Don't let lalastic. Lala.. Think the python is the snake kind ooo....

You might just find yourself on front page...

Unless... That is the plan

Re: How To Set Python Default Interpreter by rawdpiper(m): 10:18am On May 11, 2017
Franzinni:
Don't let lalastic. Lala.. Think the python is the snake kind ooo....

You might just find yourself on front page...

Unless... That is the plan

Snake Dey Get Version?!
Re: How To Set Python Default Interpreter by Franzinni: 10:25am On May 11, 2017
rawdpiper:

Snake Dey Get Version?!

Yes sir....

There is a programming language call python script...

There are snakes called python..

You see where I am going with this..

Re: How To Set Python Default Interpreter by rawdpiper(m): 11:17am On May 11, 2017
Franzinni:

Yes sir....
There is a programming language call python script...
There are snakes called python..
You see where I am going with this..
Hmmmm....
Re: How To Set Python Default Interpreter by dfrost: 1:26pm On May 11, 2017
rawdpiper:
I Run A Windows System, And I Have Both Installation Files Of Python 2.7 And 3.6. Coz I'll Be Using Python 3.6 Most Of The Time How Do I Set It Up In Such A Way That Python 3.6 Will Be Default Interpreter And Will Switch To Python 2.7 Anytime I Need It?

Cc: Gaara101, dfrost

The folders are separate. Check Startup Menu. You should see 2.7 and 3.6 separate. The IDLEs are different to albeit similar in appearance.

I'll advise you use 3.6 since it supports commands from 2.7 but 2.7 does not support changes in 3.6.

You can also download PyScripter.
Re: How To Set Python Default Interpreter by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 11, 2017
Why not stick to 3.6.. The G above me said it all.

(1) (Reply)

[SOLVED] Gurus In The House (PHP Programmers) / Any App Development Tool Without Coding? / An Error Occurred At Log Record Id.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.