Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,428 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (93499 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / How To Witness To A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
achorladey:

Na here wetin you know finish abi it's still remaining?

u speak mumbo jumbo ac, to avoid the issues at hand,
it's your way ac, of running away from them,
ac hor ladey the great marathon runner(scaredy cat) smiley

Besides Jesus Christ being our(the saved) Lord and Saviour
it is His everlasting kingdom, that we(the saved) look for

false jw are looking for a false kingdom:

johnw74:

2Pe_1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

@underline, The Kingdom that u think u r looking 4 is actually the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,
u will never see it, with all your denying of the Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus.

Mat_10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 4:13am On Jul 09, 2017
YAHOVAH is God:

Exo_6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

God, is God and the Word, not just God but God and the Word, John 1:1
they cannot be seperated as God, for God is one, Deu_6:4
but they are seperate as persons - God and the Word. God and the Word speak to each other etc.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Deu_6:4  Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

In Exo_6:3 God Almighty - Yahovah, appeared to Abraham, this was not the Father,
but the Word who became our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, for no man on earth has seen the Father:

Joh_1:18  No man hath seen God(Father) at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
It was God Almighty - the Word - Jesus Christ who appeared to Abraham just as Isa_12:2
affirms that God Almighty YAHOVAH my salvation is Jesus Christ:

Isa_12:2  Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Act_4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
^^^ Isa and acts, God, the Lord YAHOVAH, the Lord Jesus Christ is my Salvation, there is salvation in no other.

false jw don't like the word "God" being used in 1Ti 3:16, they change "God" to "he" there,
but it makes no diffrence if you use "He" there, Paul speaking of God said "He" was manifest in the flesh:

KJV 1Ti 3:15  But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. 
1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
God of course was manifest, there is no other but God spoken off in those verses. 

GW 1Ti 3:16  The mystery that gives us our reverence for God is acknowledged to be great: He appeared in his human nature, was approved by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was announced throughout the nations, was believed in the world, and was taken to heaven in glory.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 5:02am On Jul 09, 2017
Jesus is equal with God:
Php 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 

Jesus is equal with God:
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one. 

Jesus is equal with God:
Joh 14:9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Heb_1:3  Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Rev 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Jesus sit's on the throne of God with His Father
the throne of God of course is for God, only God sits on the throne of God

Jesus and Father is God:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 5:27am On Jul 09, 2017
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

^^^ God-Jesus Christ, our Saviour

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 5:39am On Jul 09, 2017
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

^^^ God created the heaven and the earth
all things were made by Jesus Christ
Father and the Word created all that exist.

false jw by their false beliefs would have to say:
God and a god created all that exist smiley
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 5:49am On Jul 09, 2017
1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1Jn 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Joh 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

^^^ God is light
Jesus is the light of the world

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

^^^ the glory of God did lighten it

the Lamb is the light thereof

the Bible in many places shows Father and Son to be God
of course the blinded cannot see it.

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 7:42am On Jul 09, 2017
Barristter07:

Wetin una go talk before ? grin grin That is what happen when you hijack a conversation you have no knowledge about ... , the issue been discussed is if Christ is equal with his God or not . and clearly he is NoT, even your attempt to prove equality on the basis of nature Failed woefully . " God is the Head of Christ ' - 1 Corinthians 11:3. Absorb that !

The topic here is Jesus Christ is God. The son and the fathers role vary. Jesus is divine. The Father, the son and the Holy Spirit are one

Like you know the conversation. Since you say Jesus is a God. What kind of is he a True or a false God still no answer.

It is not my fault you don't know anyything about the divinity of Jesus Christ. Happens when 7 men in new York tell you that you shouldn't read your bible alone without their help that independent thinking is a sin and it is punishable by shunning.

Read yourbible alone. You said humans are divine. Did the bible say humans are your creators or lord amd savior. Cult logic and cult reasoning when they don't understand what the divine nature of Jesus christ is.

Just want to defend your cults arian beliefs and give excuse for their various atrocities.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

The son and the fathers role vary.

grin
Am Very happy this thread would serve as reference point for anyone to see How ignorant you Are on the main issue at hand. So am not surprised at your irrelevant Noises.

Father is greater than Son . Father will always be Father and Christ will always be his son , at this point, Truth has Finally prevail - 1 Corinthians 11:3

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 7:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
Barristter07:

grin
Am Very happy this thread would serve as reference point for anyone to see How ignorant you Are on the main issue at hand. So am not surprised at your irrelevant Noises.

Father is greater than Son . Father will always be Father and Christ will always be his son , at this point, Truth has Finally prevail - 1 Corinthians 11:3

Are you kidding me? Truth ke. You are the ignorant person here. It's not my fault. You don't know the divinity of Jesus Christ
The Father, the son and the Holy Spirit are one. Different roles different functions and only one true God
Jesus is God
The Father is God and the Holy Spirit is God.

If Jesus is a god like you people claim is Jesus a True or a false God? Still no reply and I know you don't have an answer to this.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by themountain(m): 8:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
You don't witness to the Jehovah's witnesses. They do the witnessing. They witness to you. They are actually the only ones performing the grand commission

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Peacefullove: 11:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Peacefullove: 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Peacefullove: 12:01am On Jul 10, 2017
johnw74:

ha ha, oh my, aren't you embarrased yet?

No God is not flesh, God is a Spirit

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God manifest IN Flesh . so the flesh is still God . does That not indicate Mary is the Mother of God ? emphasis on " Manifest"

Jesus flesh was human, not God,

Lol, okay . confused guy

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:11am On Jul 10, 2017
Barristter07:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

achorladey:

Na here wetin you know finish abi it's still remaining?

^^^ typical rubbish of false jw posts

lie lie barristter, ac hor ladey,

what rubbish you continually post,
false jw don't carry on like that when you go door to door

Mat 7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

^^^ Jesus could have been referring specifically to false jw there,
what sect are bigger false prophets than false jw with all there failed date setting etc.

You lie lie and ac, reject God who said throught the Apostles: Jesus Christ is the Lord and Saviour,
but you believe Yahovah God is your Lord and Saviour,

Yahovah and Jesus is God:

Yahovah
Psa 89:9 Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.

Jesus
Mar 4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
Yahovah:
Isa 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Jesus:
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Yahovah
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Jesus
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Yahovah
Deu 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Jesus
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Joh_8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.

Joh_14:9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

you lie lie and ac, false jw's, reject so much of what God say's through the Bible,
to follow what satan says through his ministers of unrighteousness.

2Co 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2Co 11:13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 
2Co 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

satanic false jw's preach another Jesus, one who is not the Lord and Saviour

false jw's, false prophets, false apostles, false everything.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Peacefullove:

God manifest IN Flesh . so the flesh is still God . does That not indicate Mary is the Mother of God ? emphasis on " Manifest"

Lol, okay . confused guy

duh, no God is not flesh, and truly Jesus flesh was human smiley

no Mary is not the Mother of God, God existed long before Mary
Mary is the mother of the man(flesh) Jesus, not off His Spirit.

ha ha talk about confused, but that's understandable, u r deceiving false jw,
striking out words, changing what is said etc. etc.

2Ti_3:13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

and truly, aren't you so so deceived by satan through your elders
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:59am On Jul 10, 2017
themountain:
You don't witness to the Jehovah's witnesses. They do the witnessing. They witness to you. They are actually the only ones performing the grand commission

Going by all the false jw's failed prophecies about the timing of the Lord's return etc.,
false jw's are clearly false prophets.
They claim Jesus is one of them, the first witness.
Truly Jesus is not a false prophet, one of them,
and the grand comission false jw's are performing, is for their god satan.

Article:

THE 1914 GENERATION FIASCO

Until October 22nd, 1995, each Awake! magazine proclaimed, “…the Creator’s prom­ise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away.” (36)

Beginning with the November 8th, 1995 Awake!, the reference to 1914 disappeared. Why? Because it is another false prophecy! 1914 plus 80 years (the longest time possible for a “generation” by their own admission) ran out in 1994. This prophecy was attributed to Jehovah as “the Creator’s promise”. Therefore this particular false prophecy was done in the name of the Lord, and is subject to His condemnatory judgment on false prophets. There is no escape! Time is the enemy of a false prophet.

THE “ALPHA AND OMEGA” OF REVELATION

Refers to Jehovah God. (Awake!, August 22, 1978, page 28). (32)

Refers to Jesus Christ. (Watchtower, October 1, 1978, page 15).(33)

Notice the rapid change of “truth” and “interpretation of scripture” in just two months!

THE REVELATION NAME “ABADDON-APOLLYON”

Refers to Satan. (The Finished Mystery, page 159). (30)

Refers to Jesus Christ. (Then is Finished the Mystery of God, page 232).(31) Quite a change!

THE “HIGHER POWERS” OF ROMANS 13:1

“Higher Powers” refers to earthly governments. (The Time is at Hand (1915) pg. 81). (27)

“Higher Powers” refers to Jehovah God and Jesus. (The Truth Shall Make You Free, page 312). (28)

“Higher Powers” refers to earthly governments. (Man’s Salvation…at Hand (page 326) (29) Notice how the “brighter light” dimmed back again!

Article here
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 1:02am On Jul 10, 2017
Continue:

ARMAGEDDON PROPHECIES

Armageddon would end in 1914. (The Time is At Hand, page 101, 1911 Edition).(6) Armageddon would end in 1915. (The Time is At Hand, page 101, 1913 Edition). (7) Today, Jehovah’s Witnesses expect Armageddon any minute!

THE RETURN OF CHRIST PROPHECIES

Since Christ failed to show up for any of the Watchtower dates, Jehovah’s Witnesses altered their teaching to make his coming conveniently “invisible”. Christ returned in 1874. (The Finished Mystery, page 395). 8

The Watchtower publications taught this 1874 date right up to 1929. The “Prophecy” book, published in 1929, states on page 65, “The Scriptural proof is that the second pres­ence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D.” (9)

Christ returned in 1914. (The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life, page 87). (10)

THE MILLENNIUM PROPHECIES

The Millennium began in 1873. (Thy Kingdom Come, page 305). (11) The Millennium began in 1874. (Finished Mystery, page 386). (12)

PROPHECIES ON THE RESURRECTION

The resurrection would occur in 1878. (Thy Kingdom Come, page 234). (13) Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old would return in 1925. (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, page 89.) (14)

The Watchtower Society even published a book telling their followers to add a room onto their houses, and get an undertaker to decorate it. Undertakers, of course, would be looking for employment, since there would be no more deaths in 1926. When the room was completed, Watchtower devotees were to call up Jerusalem, where Abraham would have an office, and request that their parents be “awakened” from death. They would soon appear in the new room! (The Way to Paradise, pages 228, 229). (15)

PROPHECIES ON SPACE TRAVEL

“Man cannot by airplane or rockets or other means get above the air envelope which is about our earthly globe….” (The Truth Shall Make You Free, page 285, 1943 edition.) (16)

More here
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by saintmark88(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
Barristter07:
saintmark88

Very hilarious statement though , You can't be subordinate to your equal . Absorb that

Since you agree with the scriptures that Jesus is subordinate to His God, Am okay with that

Same way Jesus is subordinate to His Father

We are both humans, But definitely Not equal cheesy

Angels have the nature of God ( Spirit being John 4:24) They are all Spirits .

Let's do it like this.....I have an elder brother, now in terms of authority, he is superior, he can send me on an errand, and as an obedient younger bro, shey I go obey nii??....I can go and tell others my brother sent me, I have to carry this out, or do this as my brother has instructed....I have placed my elder bro as the authority not me, I am only a messenger to his instruction in the case of delegating that task to others myself.

Following this analogy, if u r truthful to urself who is subordinate to the other n terms of authority between me and my brother.....my brother ofcuz. So interms of authority, my brother is greater.

On the other hand, by nature.....does the fact that he is greater in authority mean he s more of a human being than me??.......God created humans, animals and plant....if am not an animal, not a plant then I'm human likewise him.... There's no greater human being and no less human being by nature....God only gives authority to some over others.

Now if u agree with me on this, same principle applies to d trinity. In terms of authority God the Father is greater than the son and the son is greater than the Holy spirit....but by nature they r all God......no less God no greater God. If u apply my human analogy u shouldn't have a problem wrapping ur head around this.

Thts the reason Jesus says to have seen me is to have seen the Father and I and my Father are one and yet still says the Father is greater than I.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by xaggar(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
Please johnw74 and hairyrapunzel, could you explain this verse for us to understand:
1st Corinthians 15 vs 24 - 28.

24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Kindly explain the entire verse with the bolded in mind.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
xaggar:

Please johnw74 and hairyrapunzel, could you explain this verse for us to understand:

24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Let me help you out of your misery. The verse you highlighted there (vs.28.) is not saying anything different from what what was said in 1 Corinthians 11:3 that we have dealt with earlier even though you guys failed to respond.

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God"

I have said this before but for emphasis let me reiterate that just as the man is not superior to the woman, God is not superior to Christ because they are of the same essence. Saying that I must let you know that there is divine order in the relative functions of the 3 Persons of the Trinity and it makes sense for God to ordain a divine order in the functions of the family, i.e. husband, wife, children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 2:43am On Jul 16, 2017
xaggar:

@bold blue, Are u serious? false jw cannot understand truth, or believe it:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

In the end, Jesus has bought the World back to how it was meant to be in the beginning,
destroying all the enemy, then Father takes control again.

Father runs the business, Jesus takes over running the business to fix what became corrupted, Father then again takes over running the business.

Nothing in those verses about the Word Jesus Christ not being the Lord and Saviour(God).
God and the Word is God, look beck at the verses I have posted in this thread showing so.

More on the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ being God:

Following recent topic concerning Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour

Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour is of course God

God is the first and the last:
Isa 44:6  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa 48:12  Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last

Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is the first and the last:
Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
John added to Jesus statment: "the Almighty"
The previous verse has: "every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him:"
and in this verse: "which is, and which was, and which is to come,"
it's Jesus which is to come:
Joh_14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Rev 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
^^^ you see that "the first and the last" is also "the Alpha and Omega"

John turned to see who was speaking with him:
Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man,

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 
Rev 1:18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
^^^ the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last is Jesus: "I am he that liveth, and was dead;"

Rev 2:8  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
again showing that "the first and the last" is "the Alpha and Omega"
in verse 6 John said " the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel
in verse 16 Jesus said "I Jesus have sent mine angel"

Rev 22:6  And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

^^^
Point of interest:
Not only is the man Jesus Christ the offspring of David in heritage,
but David sprung up from the root-the Word Jesus Christ, Davids creator.

The Word(God) created David, and in the flesh is his offspring.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 9:56am On Jul 16, 2017
xaggar:

The Biblical doctrine of the Trinity teaches that Jesus and the Father are distinct Persons, even though they share the same Being and essence of nature, unified as the one and only true God (1 John 5:20). Just as Christ’s subjection to Mary and Joseph did not make Him inferior to them (Luke 2:51), so Christ’s subjection to the Father does not make Him inferior. These Scriptures where Jesus surrenders His will to the Father and the Kingdom to the Triune God are not denying the Godhood of Christ, but rather revealing the functional hierarchy within the Persons of the Trinity. As Christ reigns until the end of this age, when everything (including death) is subject to Christ, He will turn over His rulership of the Kingdom to the Triune God where all three Persons will reign eternally together as one God (Matthew 28:18; 1 Corinthians 15:24-28; Hebrews 2:8; Psalm 110:1-2; Hebrews 1:13; 10:12-13).
http://www.4jehovah.org/quick-answers-to-frequent-objections-to-the-trinity-doctrine/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2017
xaggar:

When you are bolding a verse bold it completely is it that "so that God may be all in all" is not worth looking into?

Before joining a religion always research that religion properly. The jws will tell you to research your religion in what your religion considers apostate sites yet they tell you not to research their religion in apostate sites that you should check only jw.org
The truth should be able to withstand criticism

Ask your study to tell you what and with biblical verses that support their various teachings

1. Salvation comes from joining only watchtower organization
2. Overlapping generation
3. Use of blood components aka fractions gotten from blood donated by worldly people yet do not allow blood transfusion and donation Is it not double standards?
4. Why they don't baptize active military officers yet Cornelius in the Bible was baptized are they not going again the Bible?
5. Shunning people who leave to other churches
6. Why Jesus is not your mediator
7. Why you can't receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
8 why you can't be born again
9. Why your leaders have to go to heaven but yet you can't
10. Why they frown on getting a higher education
11. Why watchtower alone teaches jerusalem was destroyed in 607bc yet others say it is 587bc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:34am On Jul 17, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

The Biblical doctrine of the Trinity teaches that Jesus and the Father are distinct Persons, even though they share the same Being and essence of nature, unified as the one and only true God (1 John 5:20). Just as Christ’s subjection to Mary and Joseph did not make Him inferior to them (Luke 2:51), so Christ’s subjection to the Father does not make Him inferior. These Scriptures where Jesus surrenders His will to the Father and the Kingdom to the Triune God are not denying the Godhood of Christ, but rather revealing the functional hierarchy within the Persons of the Trinity. As Christ reigns until the end of this age, when everything (including death) is subject to Christ, He will turn over His rulership of the Kingdom to the Triune God where all three Persons will reign eternally together as one God (Matthew 28:18; 1 Corinthians 15:24-28; Hebrews 2:8; Psalm 110:1-2; Hebrews 1:13; 10:12-13).
http://www.4jehovah.org/quick-answers-to-frequent-objections-to-the-trinity-doctrine/

@blue, I like the simplicity of that truth.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by xaggar(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Let me help you out of your misery. The verse you highlighted there (vs.28.) is not saying anything different from what what was said in 1 Corinthians 11:3 that we have dealt with earlier even though you guys failed to respond.

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God"

I have said this before but for emphasis let me reiterate that just as the man is not superior to the woman, God is not superior to Christ[/color] because they are of the same essence. Saying that I must let you know that there is divine order in the relative functions of the 3 Persons of the Trinity and[b] [color=#000099]it makes sense for God to ordain a divine order[/b] in the functions of the family, i.e. husband, wife, children.

You are wrong! Christ kept saying that what he does is not if his own will but the will of He that sent him. Why is it that God had to be the One to ordain the divine order?

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Peacefullove: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Silly copy and paste , Yeshua is not inferior to Joseph and Mary because they are not his God . he never call them My God , did he ? you can show me where .

Did he call his father My God ? Sometimes you need to use your BRA.in.

one question for you ; IS YOUR GOD SUPERIOR TO YOU ?

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Peacefullove: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
johnw74:

@blue, I like the simplicity of that truth.

Is your God Superior to you ?

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Peacefullove: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
johnw74:

no Mary is not the Mother of God , God existed long before Mary

Jesus is not God anymore ? #burst into laughter . pls answer

Mary is the mother of the fleshly part

and didnt you read the part that said what you called the fleshly part is the manifestation of God , so are you now ready to agree that Mary is the mother of God ?

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Peacefullove: 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
saintmark88:

Let's do it like this.....I have an elder brother, now in terms of authority, he is superior, he can send me on an errand, and as an obedient younger bro, shey I go obey nii??....I can go and tell others my brother sent me, I have to carry this out, or do this as my brother has instructed....I have placed my elder bro as the authority not me, I am only a messenger to his instruction in the case of delegating that task to others myself.

Following this analogy, if u r truthful to urself who is subordinate to the other n terms of authority between me and my brother.....my brother ofcuz. So interms of authority, my brother is greater.

On the other hand, by nature.....does the fact that he is greater in authority mean he s more of a human being than me??.......God created humans, animals and plant....if am not an animal, not a plant then I'm human likewise him.... There's no greater human being and no less human being by nature....God only gives authority to some over others.

Now if u agree with me on this, same principle applies to d trinity. In terms of authority God the Father is greater than the son and the son is greater than the Holy spirit ....but by nature they r all God......no less God no greater God. If u apply my human analogy u shouldn't have a problem wrapping ur head around this.

Thts the reason Jesus says to have seen me is to have seen the Father and I and my Father are one and yet still says the Father is greater than I.

the problem with defending trinity is that you have to make alot of assumptions .

firstly , Any reference for the bold ?

secondly, If the son is greater, why did Yeshua said words spoken against him can be forgiven, but words spoken against holyspirit cannot be forgiven ?

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:16am On Jul 19, 2017
Peacefullove:

and didnt you read the part that said what you called the fleshly part is the manifestation of God , so are you now ready to agree that Mary is the mother of God ?

You peacefullove once again lie by changeing what I said, and in doing that you are just taking after your father the devil, and doing what comes naturally to you:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

u peacefullove quoted:

Mary is the mother of the fleshly part

johnw74:

no Mary is not the Mother of God, God existed long before Mary

ha ha talk about confused, but that's understandable, u r deceiving false jw,
striking out words, changing what is said etc. etc.

2Ti_3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

and truly, aren't you so so deceived by satan through your elders

u peacefullove had just done a similar thing, striking out part of what I said to change the meaning,
but that's all u have, lies and deceiving, after all you are false jw

2Ti_3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:38am On Jul 19, 2017
Peacefullove:

@bold, Never have I said Jesus is not God, but u pfl are so confused, which comes from lying, that u talk babble

@red, a fool bursts into laughter at her own confusion

@underline duh confusion reigns in pfl, God was manifest in the flesh is not saying that God is flesh,
truly pfl God is not flesh but a spirit: John 4:24

God was manifest in a burning bush, Q.was God that burning bush? A.no, God is a Spirit
the Holy Spirit was manifest in a dove, Q.was the Holy Spirit that dove? A.no, the Holy Spirit is a Spirit
God was manifest is man-flesh, Q. was God that man-flesh? A. no, God is a Spirit
that man-flesh is the Son of God, His Spirit is God (remember the Word is God, and God is a Spirit)

God and the Word(plural) is God(singular): John 1:1,
God is a Spirit
God and the Word is that same one Spirit, who is God

two persons in that example are God

billions of people are human, though u pfl cannot see, understand, or believe,
bad 4 u

But false jw, u continue believing that God is flesh, add it to your numerous false doctrines.

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 1:00am On Jul 19, 2017
Peacefullove:

Is your God Superior to you ?

uh duh, yes He certinally is

And just like Christ’s subjection to Mary and Joseph did not make Him inferior to them because all three were human, so Christ’s subjection to the Father does not make Him inferior to the Father, both being God

of course u don't believe the Bible and change it, but bad for u, u will have your reward.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (96) (Reply)

300 Workers Resign From Pastor Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Church / Stephanie Otobo's BBM Sex Chats With Apostle Suleman Released By Her (Photos) / ​Stephanie Otobo Holds An Interview With TVC News, Exposes Apostle Suleman More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.