Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have (23347 Views)

Some Qualities Of A Good Muslim In Light Of The Glorious Quran / Excellent Qualities Of Islam. / Seven Qualities That Allah Loves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by sodsak: 9:14am On May 12, 2017
INTRODUCTION

Most books and the social media platforms are filled with several qualities a good and pious wife must possess. So, I decided to write this as a guide to the sister asking how she will know her Mr. Right or better still, her "Perfect Man". A good husband should posses the following attributes:

1)Religious commitment

A good husband must be a Muslim upon sunnah who fears Allah and obeys His commandments.Allah says

وَلَا تُنكِحُوا الْمُشْرِكِينَ حَتَّىٰ يُؤْمِنُوا وَلَعَبْدٌ مُّؤْمِنٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن مُّشْرِكٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَكُم

And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikun till they believe (in Allah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater, etc.), even though he pleases you.(Q2vs221)

2) Wealth

He may not own a private jet,or be richer than the Warren Buffet or the Dangotes, but he must have sufficient wealth(sustenance) to provide for his family and prevent them from begging.The Prophet said to Faatimah bint Qays , when she came to consult him about three men who had proposed marriage to her,

أما معاوية فرجل تَرِب ) أي فقير ( لا مال له .. ( رواه مسلم 1480

“As for Mu’aawiyah, he is a poor man who has no wealth…” (Narrated by Muslim, 1480).

3) Kind and lovely

A righteous husband must definitely be kind,lovely,gentle,nice and patient towards women, the Prophet said to Faatimah bint Qays, in the hadeeth quoted above,

أما أبو جهم فلا يضع العصا عن عاتقه ( إشارة إلى أنّه يُكثر ضرب النّساء .

“As for Abu Jaham, his stick never leaves his shoulder”,referring to the fact that he used to beat women a lot.

4) Attractive and healthy

It is good if he is sound of body and healthy, free of faults, sickness, etc., and not disabled or sterile.

الْمُؤْمِنُ الْقَوِىُّ خَيْرٌ وَأَحَبُّ إِلَى اللَّهِ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِ الضَّعِيفِ وَفِى كُلٍّ خَيْرٌ احْرِصْ عَلَى

The strong believer(in emaan and strength) is better and more beloved to Allâh than the weak believer, while there is good in both.

5) Knowledge

He may not be as knowledgeable as Ibn Taymiyyah or versed like Ibn Hajar, but he should know what's enough to safe himself and his family from the hell fire,as Allah commanded him

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا قُوا أَنفُسَكُمْ وَأَهْلِيكُمْ نَارًا وَقُودُهَا النَّاسُ وَالْحِجَارَةُ

O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones(Q6vs66)

6)Character

A good husband should be patient, truthful, trustworthy and supportive.

Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), was asked, “What did the Prophet (ﷺ) use to do in his house?” She replied,
(كَانَ يَكُونُ فِي مِهْنَةِ أَهْلِهِ)
“He used to keep himself busy serving his family (Bukhari)

In another report Aisha was reported to have said, “He did what one of you would do in his house.

يعمل في بيته كما يعمل أحدكم في بيت كان يخصف نعله ويخيط ثوبه

He mended sandals and patched garments and sewed.” (Adab Al-Mufrad graded sahih by Al-Albani)

Written by Soodiq bn Mas'uud

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by madridguy(m): 9:18am On May 12, 2017
Jazakallah Khairan @ OP.

4 Likes

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by okims: 9:18am On May 12, 2017
Almighty Allah will make it easy for us

1 Like

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by obadisa: 9:19am On May 12, 2017
jazakallah kairan

1 Like

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by Adeyemi0(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2017
Alhamdulillah..
Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by irumanle(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2017
Jazakumlahkair
Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by GeneralOjukwu: 9:22am On May 12, 2017
7. A very long rod....

Make her do that every night

9 Likes

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by Mofpearl: 9:22am On May 12, 2017
Jazakallahu Khyran
Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by Sirheny007(m): 9:24am On May 12, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
7. A very long rod....

Guy how do I remove this Islamic text they pasted on my profile?? angry
I mistakenly clicked yes....
Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by yaqq: 9:24am On May 12, 2017
may Allah provide us with abundant wealth n a good wife fill with hadini

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by GeneralOjukwu: 9:27am On May 12, 2017
Sirheny007:

Guy how do I remove this Islamic text they pasted on my profile?? angry
I mistakenly clicked yes....

LOL... i don't work on Nairaland nah grin Go and create SirHenRy007 if you don't want it at all.

Many people who are not Muslims would definitely come here to learn a thing or two.

MEN sacrifice a lot to make women happy embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by mostyg(m): 9:30am On May 12, 2017
May Allah provide us with righteous and dutiful spouses.

2 Likes

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by amynah94(f): 9:43am On May 12, 2017
"The best among you are those who are good to their wives"

1 Like

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by Alphacrissy(m): 9:52am On May 12, 2017
Fear Allah and stop promoting that which Allah has prohibited
Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by handsomenonny(m): 10:09am On May 12, 2017
Religious country
Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by opeyehmmy(m): 10:34am On May 12, 2017
OK
Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by muzzafar(m): 10:58am On May 12, 2017
May Allahu Grant Us Beediyah
Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by mallamabdul25: 10:59am On May 12, 2017
MUST ONE BE A MUSLIM TO BE A GOOD HUSBAND ? RUBBISH !

1 Like

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by closearms(m): 11:50am On May 12, 2017
come again.. some of your points are not connected to your topic of a good husband quality... such as ,.. I think you picked your source from not to excellent source ... not saying you are wrong ... but some re not connecting
MaSha Allah
Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by closearms(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2017
mallamabdul25:

you asked a question and answered yourself
Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by Sirheny007(m): 12:14pm On May 12, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

LOL... i don't work on Nairaland nah grin Go and create SirHenRy007 if you don't want it at all.

Many people who are not Muslims would definitely come here to learn a thing or two.

[b]MEN sacrifice a lot to make women happy
embarassed[/b]

grin grin grin
i tell you bro, I just learnt that now.. cry

1 Like

Re: Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have by teebell999(m): 5:20pm On May 12, 2017
mallamabdul25:

Who ask you to be a Muslim by fire by force? Mumu world wide!!

(1) (Reply)

Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions / I Need Duas And Supplication To Battle Masturbation / Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.