Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross (44697 Views)

Team Muslim Players Vs Team Christian Players: Who Will Win? / Rohr Bans Players From Eating Goat Meat & Pepper Soup / Champions League: 170,000 Sign Petition For FIFA To Punish Ramos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by yahmohy27: 11:35am On May 13, 2017
sunshineV:
I'm a Muslim but this is the problem I have with this religion

haha, what is ur koinsignment?

You are not a real muslim ,why having problem with the religious and not the person himself ?
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by factwriter(m): 11:38am On May 13, 2017
banmee:

Same with Christianity. Familiarize yourself with history and you will find that Christians did worse things back in the day compared to what isis has done so far. #Spanishinquisition for example. Religion is a plague that needs to be eradicated. How a grown man or woman can believe in angels is just amazing to say the least.

WHICH IS MORE VIOLENT:
The Bible or the Quran?

"...here is the transcript of a very interesting broadcast on March 18 2010 on National Public Radio (NPR), as well as a book excerpt from the author of the book that NPR used for the story.

The audio of the program is also available at the link below. Despite the provocative title, it is nonetheless very interesting, and something of a surprise that this was broadcasted on a nationally syndicated station in America"

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124494788

Guess what? It turned out the Bible is way more violent than the Quran.

For those who would not bother to go through the broadcast (despite it's authenticity), the conclusions were drawn from NATURE and CAUSES of those various war fought by Christianity and Islam in the early ages.

While one was fighting in pure defence of its beliefs and existence, the other kept pushing forward for conquest in evangelism.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by gemale(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2017
r2beez:

Use ur head bro. Nigeria is a multi religion country. No one religion can act as if it's solely hers. The scenario u quoted is quite different from this particular one.
Its wrong for any government in Nigeria to act as if Nigeria belongs to one religion by becoming a member of Islamic countries or Christian country if there is anything like that is wrong. Individuals in the country can choose whatever they want but because the president is a Muslim or Christian now decides to Islamic or christianise the country whose population cut across different religious groups is not right, unconstitutional and illegal.

Back to the issue on this thread, what the Saudi scholar is asking for doesn't make sense. Fifa belongs to everybody. It's not labeled Islamic nor Christian. Players join and celebrate in ways that suits them. Muslim players kneel down to pray when they score while Christians make signs of the cross when the score too. And some Muslims and Christians don't even make any signs when they score simply because you are not compelled to. So what is the point he's making?

Are Muslims marginalized? Are they prevented from making signs of the moon? No. So what's the point?
Apt piece. I doff my hat to you.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by ogunleye557(m): 11:42am On May 13, 2017
princy80:
Is football religious? They should instead have islamic football where only muslims play. If u commit foul, they chop off ur legs.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

this one weak me

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Ekoishome: 11:43am On May 13, 2017
princy80:
Is football religious? They should instead have islamic football where only muslims play. If u commit foul, they chop off ur legs.

Best suggestion!!!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by RichThug(m): 11:51am On May 13, 2017
Very mumu religion
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by miketayo(m): 11:57am On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
Lol

The same people who hailed CAN and blasted buhari and every muslim in nigeria when CAN asked nigeria to pull out of islamic country sport will be here again bashing muslims for saying they should ban cross sign.

Hypocrisy and christianity.

Just disgusting.

See ur life... Chai

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by miketayo(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
Lol

The same people who hailed CAN and blasted buhari and every muslim in nigeria when CAN asked nigeria to pull out of islamic country sport will be here again bashing muslims for saying they should ban cross sign.

Just disgusting.

See ur life... Chai some pls land this guy slap
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by miketayo(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
Lol

Just disgusting.

See ur life... Chai someone pls land this guy slap
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by josephsm823(m): 11:59am On May 13, 2017
Homeboiy:
He just won talk am

galaxy s3 white for sale

everything working well

pm if ur interested
Interested In The Phone But Cant Find Ur Number On Ur Signature,text Or Call Me07063319004
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by richard870(m): 12:01pm On May 13, 2017
BetaThings:

What stops you from retaliating by not wishing them anything during their eid

Most of his followers faulted him before you
So are you criticising him or the people who faulted him

Because the Hijab is compulsory for women
It will be silly for you to discourage people from practising their religion because of sports
No sensible muslim will for instance participate in BBN

Islam is actually more realistic than Christianity because it recognises human psychology and make allowance for it
There is no Christian nation without a Military
Yet you claim you turn the other cheek; so what are the arms for?
Now when you go into war, what rules will you follow? What will guide your actions
(smiles) Let me educate you a bit. I'm sure you are aware of one of the memory verses (the 2nd of the 10 commandments) found in Mark 12:31 that 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' ....sure you do!.Just to answer your 1st question

Secondly, you asked if i'm criticizing him or those that faulted him (very funny) the question should be; Does it reflect the claims of Islam being a religion of peace. I'm quite sure you wouldnt say thats a sign of a peace-advocating religion.Would you?......be honest with yourself

Thirdly, you said Islam is more realistic than Christianity (you see what we are saying). What makes a religion whose doctrines revolve around enmity (which ofcourse is as a result of inferiority complex) to other religions, particularly Christianity simply because of its global reach and practice which makes Christianity the most practiced religion in the world.
Let me tell you this if you dont know, no Christian has got time, not even a second to think about what your religion is about let alone think of making a dumb, insensitive, primitive and shallow view as that of your so called 'scholar's' argument.Maybe they need to read well in order to distinguish between a scholar and a Cleric instead of giving themselves laughable accolades like 'Scholar'.

You made a very funny point by referring to BBN of which i see as absolutely ridiculous. My ideals about decency are strong and based on this will tell you that I never supported the show. Also, let me ask you ask a question; Do you think any Christian would go about killing people with the name of God

I wont be surprised if you become confrontational because its a well defined characteristic of YOUR RELIGION

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by ambitionlife(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2017
Islam is a joke.....They are always at war and not comfortable with other people views...

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Mcreloaded(m): 12:06pm On May 13, 2017
In ad much I am.not a Muslim I think it is wrong to use the view or views of a particular person to condemn a religion please there is freedom of speech
Though my own opinion is that they should ban hidjab instead as it is more dangerous concealing bombs and disguising criminals compared to the sign of the cross that is yet to do any harm
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by banmee(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

Ah! Nairaland atheist always looking for a way to attack Christianity. But this post isn't about us. Its about the Muslims. Stay on topic.

My comment is a response to someone else's.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Kennydoc(m): 12:10pm On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
Lol

Just disgusting.

Is Nigeria an Islamic Nation?

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by banmee(m): 12:12pm On May 13, 2017
DeRay98:

Mr Atheist, God will not apologise to you for creating and sustaining your life.
What men have done in the name of God doesn't soil His glory but is accounted them.
Make you no purge belle because you no hear any name called God.

God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance, that is getting smaller and smaller as time goes on. Do you know what that means? The bible tells you that a rainbow is a sign from God to remind him not to destroy the world again meanwhile we now know that is a meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. You get my point now? When something cannot be explained by an ignorant mind it is "God's doing". But know this, the things that can't be explained are getting smaller and smaller by the day. There is no God. What you all consider to be God are just questions that have not been answered yet.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by heenriiy19(m): 12:14pm On May 13, 2017
Wetin concern am

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by ilynem(m): 12:14pm On May 13, 2017
banmee:

My comment is a response to someone else's.
In response to someone who condemned the actions of Muslims and you had to drag Christianity into it. How nice.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by nellyelitz(m): 12:15pm On May 13, 2017
princy80:
Hahaha so true

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by nellyelitz(m): 12:16pm On May 13, 2017
emeijeh:
I thought i was gonna swear that shitty oath before commenting on this thread, and then i realised that today wasn't friday.

Biased nairaland
you mean that useless one ba?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 13, 2017
richard870:
(smiles) Let me educate you a bit. I'm sure you are aware of one of the memory verses (the 2nd of the 10 commandments) found in Mark 12:31 that 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' ....sure you do!.Just to answer your 1st question

Secondly, you asked if i'm criticizing him or those that faulted him (very funny) the question should be; Does reflect on the claims of Islam being a religion of peace. I'm quite sure you wouldnt say thats a sign of a peace-advocating religion.Would you?......be honest with yourself

Thirdly, you said Islam is more realistic than Christianity (you see what we are saying). What makes a religion whose doctrines revolve around enmity (which ofcourse is as a result of inferiority complex) to other religions, particularly Christianity simply because of its global reach and practice which makes Christianity the most practiced religion in the world.
Let me tell you this if you dont know, no Christian has got time, not even a second to think about what your religion is about let alone think of making a dumb, insensitive, primitive and shallow view as that of your so called 'scholar's' argument.Maybe they need to read well in order to distinguish between a scholar and a Cleric instead of giving themselves laughable accolades like 'Scholar'.

You made a very funny point by referring to BBN of which i see as absolutely ridiculous. My ideals about decency are strong and based on this will tell you that I never supported the show. Also, let me ask you ask a question; Do you think any Christian would go about killing people with the name of God

I wont be surprised if you be become confrontational because its a well defined characteristic of YOU RELIGION
The idiots can't watch BBN but they can kidnap Chibok girls and marry them. They can marry 9year old...even their prophet we were told slept with donkeys. Yet he can't watch BBN awon ode oshi
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by nellyelitz(m): 12:18pm On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
Lol

Just disgusting.
look at this olodo... Is Nigeria an islamic republic?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by aamstih: 12:20pm On May 13, 2017
I don't suffer fools gladly.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by nnokwa042(m): 12:20pm On May 13, 2017
banmee:

Same with Christianity. Familiarize yourself with history and you will find that Christians did worse things back in the day compared to what isis has done so far. #Spanishinquisition for example. Religion is a plague that needs to be eradicated. How a grown man or woman can believe in angels is just amazing to say the least.
u can say anything to Christians and get away with it go to Saudi and insult thier religion u will know there is difference between capital B and cow foot
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by jerrymej(m): 12:23pm On May 13, 2017
They're sick again abi? mtchew....
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 13, 2017
kikake:
If the Islamic Cleric is from Libya or Saudi Arabia or Nigeria or Iraq or Kuwait or from a major oil-producing Islamic country, be rest-assured that making sign of the Cross in FIFA-organized games shall be banished immediately. Money rules the hearts of many capitalist countries. The welfare of their citizens comes first before any other considerations.

FIFA can even allow only Muslim prayers be said in FIFA-organized games.

That's the world ruled by Western Nations for us.

liberal not western. That's the world of Hillary and Obama. Real men don't sulk up to terrorist. They use mother of all bombs on them. I don't know why people are not ashamed of this their satanic religion
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by cr7lomo: 12:25pm On May 13, 2017
gemale:

Oga! Saul was ordered to wipe out the amalekites. The Arabs are descendants of Ishmael (the son Abraham had with Haggai). Please study the bible better (@ least once a day). It is food for the soul.

U are indeed the dumb one....was Saul in existence during the time of Ishmael.....the descendants grew to which religion dummy
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by cr7lomo: 12:29pm On May 13, 2017
delishpot:

And you think men haven't? Mohamed, Hitler, Herod and many more from time. Likewise many women have also fostered peace and unity. Why judge women like men never did same thing? Besides, men were created smart according to story so how did women with fish brain succeed in damaging so much through men with human brains?
But for real, the problem we face now would never be solved by shifting blame. It will not help and has never helped anyone.

If not for the weakness for women due to Adams rib being used for the creation of women( by-product) Una no fit get mouth...a man in his correct sense cant b used by a woman
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Stbottle(m): 12:30pm On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
your brain functions below zero gravity.

Is football a christian sport?

Is anyone forcing the participants to participate in islamic sport?

Religion has turned your brain to amala cheesy

Neither is football an islamic sport. So there is no reason ya'll should nod your heads on the ground when celebrating. And for no reason, just to get back at me you said my brain functions below zero gravity. Lmao, i was even schooling a kid..ma binu oo ode...even with what i wrote and my presentation of words can your brain not jst recognise intelligence? Has your religion made you that dumb not to sense intelligence, or am i getting something wrong. Are you really this unintelligent, is it your religion or it was passed from your parents..because trust me. I cant imagine someone as foolish as you are oo... cheesy cheesy..lemme just lugo here..bcz oya mi lenu oo
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by ndubueze92(m): 12:31pm On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
Lol

Just disgusting.
If you purge yourself of hypocrisy... Maybe then you will start making sense... Is Nigeria, Pakistan, Iran or Saudi? We have Christians Majority... Muslim Majority... Traditional practioners... which is the authentic African religion. Before all this western philosophies in the name of religion... How do you dig that ... Nigeria doesn't belong to your religion alone... So learn to tolerate and accommodate or.... seclude or exile yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by delishpot: 12:34pm On May 13, 2017
cr7lomo:

If not for the weakness for women due to Adams rib being used for the creation of women( by-product) Una no fit get mouth...a man in his correct sense cant b used by a woman

Therefore, let us forget about the role men played in making the world a terrible place and just blame women for their roles ba? Besides, did God tell you this story of creation or it was passed down to you from people who have the let's blame women for downfall idea?
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by cr7lomo: 12:41pm On May 13, 2017
[quote author=delishpot post=56482415]

Therefore, let us forget about the role men played in making the world a terrible place and just blame women for their roles ba? Besides, did God tell you this story of creation or it was passed down to you from people who have the let's blame women for downfall idea?[/quote]

Now its certain that you are mentality impaired...i sudnt b arguing with you...ur mental state is questionable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

No Player Has Scored More Long-distance Goals Than Cristiano Ronaldo / Oparanozie Bus-Stop In France Named After Super Falcons Star / Qatar 2022: World Cup Opening Ceremony In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.