Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Pls Is God Against Polygamy Or Monogamy, I Need Expert, Qoute Bible Not Ideal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Is God Against Polygamy Or Monogamy, I Need Expert, Qoute Bible Not Ideal (469 Views)

Christian Men Can Marry More Than One Wife, No Bible Verse Is Against Polygamy – / The Wrath Of God Against EDINBURGH / Scotland In UK / Men Can Marry More Than One Wife, No Bible Verse Is Against Polygamy – Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Is God Against Polygamy Or Monogamy, I Need Expert, Qoute Bible Not Ideal by losak9111(m): 11:35pm On May 12, 2017
In the Bible women who were married to one man were all referred to as wives and they were recognized by God, polygamy was not mentioned anywhere as a sin, the Bible says God hates divorce, it doesn't say God hates polygamy. For Paul to say that a Bishop should be husband of one wife means that there were people in the church who were husbands of more than one wife, he just wanted them to appoint people who would have enough time to do Gods work because a larger family will take a. lot of ones time, he even went ahead to tell them to try and be celibate like him just so they could have time to spread the gospel which was the most important thing to him. Neither celibacy nor monogamy nor polygamy is rejected by God. Marriage is a cultural thing, fornication and adultery are major sins, instead of committing sin, marry and do not "look at" or take another mans wife. Times have changed though, women ain't that submissive anymore so one woman is a lot of trouble, two will be more than double trouble. I doubt that polygamy can work well for anyone in this day and time
Re: Pls Is God Against Polygamy Or Monogamy, I Need Expert, Qoute Bible Not Ideal by Franzinni: 11:48pm On May 12, 2017
Nack anybody God will still bless you... See the story of jacob....

Fire two sisters till they begin do competition...

He still fire the two of them house girl join.... In competition too.

God still blessed him after that...

2 Likes

Re: Pls Is God Against Polygamy Or Monogamy, I Need Expert, Qoute Bible Not Ideal by losak9111(m): 11:55pm On May 12, 2017
Franzinni:

thank you
Re: Pls Is God Against Polygamy Or Monogamy, I Need Expert, Qoute Bible Not Ideal by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:17am On May 13, 2017
Franzinni:

Well said, also check the story of King David, King Solomon and Abraham who all had baby mama, mistress and concubines that they were NOT married to (sometimes up to 700) and were never punished by god, or viewed as sinners.
The only time king David was punished was because he had sex with a "married" woman.

1 Like

Re: Pls Is God Against Polygamy Or Monogamy, I Need Expert, Qoute Bible Not Ideal by abitex577(m): 3:21am On May 13, 2017
If God wanted a man with two or more women, obviously, when he made Eve, he could have added Evelyn. Genesis 2:21-25. Abraham who is the father many Nations and a friend of God had only one wife, even though due to his wife's barrenness an error was committed by him having a child with Hagar and she was later sent away. Isaac had only Rebecca while Jacob was deceived to having two wives.

1 Like

Re: Pls Is God Against Polygamy Or Monogamy, I Need Expert, Qoute Bible Not Ideal by Amberon: 4:18am On May 13, 2017
You said your doubt wasn't personal opinion but you went ahead and gave yours. Look, Jesus christ said a marriage is between a man and his wife, not a man and his wives.

It is written that a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his "wife", and they TWO shall become ONE. It didn't say they three shall become one.

1 Like

Re: Pls Is God Against Polygamy Or Monogamy, I Need Expert, Qoute Bible Not Ideal by losak9111(m): 5:20am On May 13, 2017
abitex577:
If God wanted a man with two or more women, obviously, when he made Eve, he could have added Evelyn. Genesis 2:21-25. Abraham who is the father many Nations and a friend of God had only one wife, even though due to his wife's barrenness an error was committed by him having a child with Hagar and she was later sent away. Isaac had only Rebecca while Jacob was deceived to having two wives.
Do u know that Abraham married to another women after d death of Sarah?

(1) (Reply)

If You Had Only A Week Left To Live, How Would You Spend It? / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(wed. 31/05/2017) / Do You Think You Are In Heaven Now Or Are You Hoping To Be In Heaven Someday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.