Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix (71786 Views)

IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) / Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye, The Nigerian Surgeon With A Difference (Photos) / Nigerian Surgeon Removes Baby From Womb, Operates On Her Tumor, Returns Her Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Bblessing37: 7:38pm On May 13, 2017
Na wa oo
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Nature8(m): 7:38pm On May 13, 2017
smellingmenses:
Iawal haruna... Quota system product. I am not surprised.

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Jacobx007: 7:40pm On May 13, 2017
Michel2013:
first time i heard of a boko haram doctor abroad instead of adding to the last part of the image of the zoo like his mates in US he just spolt it like a product of boko haram him bi. aboki na aboki i spit on u. idiot. just come back and join ur fellow terrorists and continue where u stopped.
Or better still go to malaysia to sell drugs grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by 12345baba(m): 7:41pm On May 13, 2017
Na Chelsea fan
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Kingbuhari(m): 7:42pm On May 13, 2017
Tolexander:
Youngman,
the incidence was reported to have happened in the UK.

UK uses quota system to employ?
this guy has root of quote system in him.... maybe nah buhari distance nephew
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by felixomor: 7:43pm On May 13, 2017
Where is CatfishBilly?
Come and see your partner.
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 13, 2017
Smh
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by precious1967(m): 7:47pm On May 13, 2017
quack surgeon. he should be deported to his state in nigeria with immediate effect b4 he kills some1.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by chigoziem10(f): 7:48pm On May 13, 2017
smellingmenses:
Iawal haruna... Quota system product. I am not surprised.
It must be quota I swear

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by FBIL: 7:50pm On May 13, 2017
But this dogkinta looks like someone whose mother always package Indian hemp and melon to via DHL. After heavy eating comes heavy weeweeing... ! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 13, 2017
We have lots of his kind running hospitals here in Nigeria while some others are working in government hospitals. If he had done this here in Nigeria,there is a 90% chance he would have walked away being a senior practitioner.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by DrogoG(m): 7:52pm On May 13, 2017
Never agree to any operation in Nigeria without going to at least five hospitals to be sure! Don't play with your life!

Most Nigerian "doctors" are quacks! They've killed many Nigerians than diseases! Never trust one doctor even if the person is a foreigner!

Most women in Nigeria today are hardly allowed to give birth normal because crooked and quack doctors prefer operation because of money, not because the woman needs it!

Nigeria doesn't have a viable healthcare system. There are crooks everywhere playing with people's lives for money! Be careful and be safe!!
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by sparkle4u(f): 7:53pm On May 13, 2017
I pray he stay there so that he won't come to our teaching hospitals or have his own hospital with long connections to do operation.
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by zikter(m): 7:53pm On May 13, 2017
smellingmenses:

Son I don't have to exchange insults with you. I am off to civilised discourses. I am not responsible for your bitterness at the world.
you started it all in an uncivilized manner. I thought you don't have the word civil in your dictionary
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Michel2013: 7:53pm On May 13, 2017
Jacobx007:

Or better still go to malaysia to sell drugs grin grin grin grin

quota system byproduct spotted. blood sucking vampires. as if boko haram vampires have not sucked enough blood of nigerians, almajiri herdsmen murderers have joined in the blood sucking venture. now latest vampire a quack doctor has been spotted to be importing white blood as if it is petrol importation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by DJMCOTTY(m): 7:55pm On May 13, 2017
Madeu:
How did he miss the incision?

McBurney Point is the incision for Appendicectomy, different from oophorectomy. It easy to rupture the Ascending colon than the ovary.
I had a room mate back then who was studying medicine, this the exact way my friend was confusing my life with all these medical terms and illuatrations , pls don't remind me of EMMANUEL abeg.
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Jacobx007: 7:55pm On May 13, 2017
chigoziem10:

It must be quota I swear
So they employed him in UK based on quota system? As in, one from each state in Nigeria

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by fostermd(m): 8:02pm On May 13, 2017
He should be able to distinguish the appendix appropriately at the junction of ileum and colon,moreover the ovary is more closely related to the end of the fallopian tubes which are conspicuously different from the bowel.General Medical Council is very strict here hence his name was struck off the register.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by opeolu202: 8:09pm On May 13, 2017
Crauxx:
Maybe he was high
Or he was looking at toto
Or recession is worrying him

Buhari why na

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Flamzey00(m): 8:11pm On May 13, 2017
Na so d man go mistakenly remove scrotum for appendix. Quack doctors everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 13, 2017
when on earth did abokis started treating people.
na wa oo. i pity the woman.
same way buhari is destroying nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by vRendoh(m): 8:16pm On May 13, 2017
angry
Na quota admission product...what do you expect from a system that deprive the good ones of admission and allow a kunu to be admitted.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Tori46(f): 8:20pm On May 13, 2017
Gurusblend:
Na so the thing be? Surgeon or veterinary Doctor? Oloshi, any time they want to work na Google them go dey use, imagine A Doctor google searching for drugs he will prescribe for an anaemia patient.. O su mi undecided undecided

As in ehn, it's a serious something ooo.. I've also witnessed something like that. I once followed my friend to the hospital. So the doctor asked for the symptoms and the next thing she did was to pick up her tab and she started typing somethings, didn't understand.
Some doctors have killed so many people rather than save lives.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by seeyouin2019: 8:24pm On May 13, 2017
Quota system doctor.. Only God knows how many people these quota system education people don send to u timely graves oo..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by kenoz(m): 8:25pm On May 13, 2017
shocked
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by delpee(f): 8:38pm On May 13, 2017
This reminds me of the doctor in the North who removed a guy's kidneys instead of the appendix! It seems the guy is still looking for donors for a transplant. I wonder if the doctor is being tried. God save us from half baked doctors.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by israelmao(m): 8:46pm On May 13, 2017
When money rules doctor's mind instead of care for patient that's what happens.
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by mavinc4u(f): 8:54pm On May 13, 2017
Dem plenty for naija now especially lagos. Quack doctors everywhere
Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by peacechild(f): 8:59pm On May 13, 2017
As he have been rejected in UK hope he will not rush back and establish killer hospital. Pls beware of that name.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by Osanoghodua1: 9:03pm On May 13, 2017
I have said it before and will say it again and keep saying it, "Aboki Na Aboki, even for London, Newyork Na the same abeg.

Free for Aboki is them to embrace Jesus.
If you forsake Islam today, your life will become new in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix by dnawah(m): 9:06pm On May 13, 2017
neky2016:
A 59-year-old Nigerian Senior Surgeon, Dr Lawal Haruna, who reportedly removed a woman’s ovary accidentally instead of her appendix has been struck off after being branded a ‘danger to patients.

He allegedly botched up three operations over the course of two years including removing a woman’s ovary because he said the appendix and fallopian tubes were similar ‘worm-like structures’ in the same area. The unnamed woman, known as Patient B, was treated by him when she was admitted for abdominal pain while he was working for Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Trust in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

During the operation, one of her ovaries was removed leaving her appendix – which was causing her great pain – in situ. A tribunal heard how it was lucky she was not of child-bearing age as it could have affected her fertility.

Dr Haruna botched up two further operations mistaking a lump of fat for an appendix in one case and a skin tag for a harmful lump in another. Colleagues described the operations as poorly executed and ‘never events’. Haruna who claims to have 25 years experience later dismissed the incidents as ‘trifling errors’ and said the appendix and fallopian tubes were similar ‘worm-like structures which lie in a similar area.

The surgeon, who represented himself, told the Manchester hearing he had ‘poor vision’ at the time he carried out the surgery and claimed it would be ‘harsh’ to strike him off. But at the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service a disciplinary panel found him guilty of misconduct and banned him from treating patients.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/nigerian-surgeon-removes-ladys-ovary.html

i no be doc but i know say two of them r distance apart.known this since my primary 6.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Belgian Hospital Cut Off Ajima Ogbole’s Cervix, Paralysed Her Sister (Photos) / Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search / Lady Born With Cleft Undergoes Surgery: Before And After Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.