Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search (71991 Views)

Bird Flu: Lagos Begins Decontamination Of Markets (Pictures) / Enugu State Sets Up Free Door-To-Door Healthcare Initiative For Senior Citizens / New Research Opens The Door To 'functional Cure' For HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Islie: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
As the number of confirmed positive cases of the novel coronavirus rises in Lagos state, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Thursday said the State Government would commence a door-to-door search tagged: ‘Active Case Search’.

The governor, who disclosed this on his official Twitter handle @jidesanwoolu, stated that in the coming days, some health workers will be moving around in pairs to administer an electronic questionnaire at homes and healthcare facilities to make enquiries about some symptoms like cough, cold and fever.

This, he said, is necessary bid to intensify the search for possible cases of COVID-19 in different communities across the State. “These officials can be identified with a COVID-19 outbreak response tag or a letter from the LGA,” he said.

He implored residents to give the health officers their maximum support by providing accurate information that would help in containing the #COVID-19 pandemic quickly. Meanwhile, the Governor also said that seven more patients have fully recovered and have been discharged from the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH), Yaba on Thursday.

The patients, according to Governor Sanwo-Olu, include one female and six males. He said that three of the discharged male patients are foreign nationals; two Ukrainians and one Italian.

They were discharged having tested negative twice consecutively for COVID-19; bringing to 39 the number of discharged patients in Lagos, he said.

“As we look forward to more great news in the coming days, I implore you all to support our offensive against COVID-19 by complying with our directives and taking responsibility for yourselves and your community. Again, I assure you that at the end of it all, we will be victorious,” Sanwo-Olu assured.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/coronavirus-lagos-begins-door-to-door-search.html

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by jared007: 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
Covid19 is a hoax. The more they carry-out tests the more the rise in covid19 cases.

If u have suffered from covid19 pls step forward wink

143 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Shelumiel: 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
I hope they'll cooperate better than those Edo people who gave false info regarding one of their own.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Agent8706(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
Call me a prophet of doom, but the sad reality is that the way I am seeing things, we Nigerians don't know (or choose to ignore) what Corona can do. Imagine movement everywhere during this lockdown, putting our lives at risk as if we have 9 lives. May our case not be like the Americans and Italians where Convid-19 is feasting on souls like the end is here!

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by BruncleZuma: 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin

Will they be running actual COVID-19 tests or just wasting resources taking temperatures and polling surveys?

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by SOLMICHAEL(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
God knows I'll run away. Please don't ask me why. I have my reasons. Thanks for the understanding.

147 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Being001: 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
Let somebody request for my account details

Hunger dey

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Patrioticman007(m): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
What a trying time, DOOR 2 DOOR search ?, seeing those guys in hamzat suits knocking on your door, would be depressing even to the bravest & richest man on earth, talkless of an average Nigerian.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by socialmediaman: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by real691(m): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
This is becoming confusing. About four groups have come to my house.

1st group: we came to check on the elderly, govt has something for them.
All of us came out: Govt is working o
. smiley smiley

2nd group: we came to check on the disables, govt has something for them.
Some of us came out: we haven't seen anything from the last group
. undecided undecided
2nd group: Don't worry, they will come with something.

3rd group: we came to check on your welfare, we are writing names of the most vulnerable. Govt has something for them.
Few of us came out: although we haven't seen anything, let us use faith
. grin grin grin

4th group: we came to check on your health, is there any sick person among you? Govt has something for them.
None of us came out, except the man who peeped and was caught.
4th group: where are other tenants?
The man: 3 groups have been here from the govt. They said govt has something for us, yet we have not seen anything
. angry angry

Any other group coming empty handed will have to check on the building, because hunger virus is real.

This govt is a joke as regards welfare. When they say 'we are giving foodstuffs to the vulnerables'. Do your investigation and you'll find out, they actually did it. They set two or three relieve centres and expect the whole vulnerables to benefit.

Meanwhile.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Houseofglam7(f): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Mrshape: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
Lagos is going to win this fight in no distant time.
I like their tenacity

Instead of wasting time and money in questioner

Why not put the questioner on the internet they will fill it and get 1K credited to their account using BVN.

With this people can report anonymously any next door person or family member that has symptoms and is unwilling to give information about.

Before 24 hours they have got the required data

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Kaxmytex(m): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
The real figure about to show face

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Legalcriminal: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
Two women came here from local government yesterday said they’re searching every house if someone got fever or any symptoms for the virus.

The next thing she said was nothing go happen in Jesus name they are tired of walking but they believe no one would have virus grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Babatunde40(m): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
What is the cost of the door to door search? You will hear N5billion

Please, as they are doing door to door search, let them carry relief materials and share

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Tetrahedron: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
My brothers, I suspect I might be banned again for revealing the truth about this govt and definitely nairaland has been paid to censor information getting to the citizens,

I just posted a topic where I revealed with reliable source how the nig govt has obtained loans from the chinese govt with about 10% of the oil fields in NigerDelta used as collateral but the topic was deleted grin grin ;, we have fifth columnist amongst us on NL working for the FG.

See the link of the post below

https://amp.rfi.fr/en/africa/20190411-focus-africa-imf-warns-nigeria-about-mountain-chinese-debt

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by HQuadreal: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
Oju aye.... the country e start from self no go door to door...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Sultty(m): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
I pity Lagosians sha undecided

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Fucsheetup(f): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
This same Lagos I live in?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by seedsower(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
E don happen
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by DoubleEngine007: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
So,who get flu now or malaria in Nigerian is Coviki one nine positive... grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Jabar2017: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
Just carry food with Una test or else we go have problem....

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by mrofficial042: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
Corona virus is a hoax I repeat

See my signature to earn money

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Seun(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
Have they run out of contacts to trace? Don’t they have people calling their hotlines begging to be tested but are denied because they have no travel history? So why would they even need to conduct a door to door search for people with the Coronavirus? I don't understand.

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Lakedanson: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by asahnwaKC: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
They should bring food along...otherwise am not attending to anybody.... angry

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by seedsower(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
jared007:
Covid19 is a hoax. The more they carry-out tests the more the rise in covid19 cases.

If u have suffered from covid19 pls step forward wink

You are not normal.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by Ololanla: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
If you like do a room to room search but please do not extend the lockdown period.

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search by funmike83(f): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
No more hiding place for Coro. Corona don enter the wrong country. This governor is really proactive. Bubu is still busy sharing money to his ghost poor pple . anuofia

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please,how Effective Is The Mixture Of Lime And Lipton,in Weight Loss / Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight / See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.