Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! (3004 Views)

Unfinished Business (21+ - A Story Of Betrayal, Sex And Infidelity) / Top 10 Writers And Stories On Nairaland 2018(check It Out) / The Best Stories On Nairaland Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Lemmy123(m): 6:32am On May 26, 2017
hinky:
Its not really their fault, writing on phones if one doesnt have a laptop can be stressful...

Speaking from experience
Yeah i understand; their fingers becoming a little stiff from typing ba? I feel for them too but they could always finish typing everything before posting it bit by bit, we are not in a hurry. . . but it's alright, someone has taught me how to read stories on Nairaland; "read with less seriousness and always cheer the writers for the little effort they show"

1 Like

Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Lemmy123(m): 6:44am On May 26, 2017
iamloyalty:
70% correct. That's why i dont read ongoing stories, i read only the finished ones. Some do feel like gods when they ask to update by their fan, worst still some writers do remove parts of the story complaining of plagiarism when they know fully well the story is opened to all. But some writers are faithful to their stories like Oyinprince and Demowale so far.
Truth is those that feel like gods, those that always rub it on your face that they can do something you cannot, might not even be good writers. . . I love BibiJay, the writer of the The Kelvlar Family or a title of that sort. Those ones are loyal like your name
Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Lemmy123(m): 7:03am On May 26, 2017
fikfaknuel:
I'm not done with my stories here. I promise myself that.

Resources and Time are the major problems, and given that those who know me well know I'm a sensitive person, stuff gets to me and hinders me from writing most of the time.

However, this will soon pass. And I hope it won't be long, will I come back. I miss these stories too. I miss how the characters possess me. And I understand the pain of an unfinished story.

After thoughts :1. How many of the thousands of readers on NL will actually BUY these stories? It isn't fair to complain of mediocre writing when you aren't being supportive.

2. I'm glad you like that rusty roof of a story...who's your favorite character?

3. I don't think your post is harsh and insensitive. Writers should bleed for the craft.
I've always known you are very sensible. . . (crace people nor dey write story, lol). Yes I think you are right, to an extent at number one. Although myself, I always buy books be it on Okadabooks or elsewhere as long as it is affordable and available. As a writer, I think I should spend money in buying books, it's as necessary as eating breakfast!
Number 2! (my favourite part) it is unfair that I have forgotten the name of a character I claim to be my favourite, although I remember Jumoke, the one that has saliva drooling all over her mouth, but the other male, (not the first born o and not the twins) the athletic one, the one that listens to radio often and tries to imitate the white lady on the radio. . . (I hope it is only him that has the above mentioned features, it's been a while since I read it. . . Lol) that story does something to me! It tickles me, literally!
Thank you for adding this number, I've always known good writers to be always contending and ready to make amends or improve but I was surprised that some people who claim to be writers came firing back at me. . . Two wrongs can never make a right.

This your name has come to stay in my head, I was surprised at how quickly the name came to me when I needed to make a reference. . . Thank you
Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Lemmy123(m): 7:25am On May 26, 2017
kikayboss:
true they have a life outside nairaland......

but that won't stop me from killing DAVIDFLO when i see him....tell sombori 2 tell anoda sombori and anoda sombori and..........

#peace
You yaf crace grin please be easy on DavidFlo, he might just be too busy!!
Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Lemmy123(m): 7:29am On May 26, 2017
TheLight44:
Sometimes the writer starts writing and then something happens in the real world and then all of a sudden writing doesn't interest them, sometimes they don't know what else to write, because inspiration comes from anything at anytime but not all the time, sometimes they had nothing to do when they started writing, but now they got a job, and its time consuming. No time for writing. If its hard for a Professional writer who writes for a living , to complete a story, what do you imagine it would be like for those who write for free and still has to face their lives.

Cut the writers some slack. Enjoy what they give and support them. Even when they hit the dreaded writers block
You are rice, i thought about this too and i realized that i went overboard, but i've apologized already. . .
Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 10:57am On May 26, 2017
Lemmy123:

Yeah i understand; their fingers becoming a little stiff from typing ba? I feel for them too but they could always finish typing everything before posting it bit by bit, we are not in a hurry. . . but it's alright, someone has taught me how to read stories on Nairaland; "read with less seriousness and always cheer the writers for the little effort they show"

Well, my former moniker i had one of my stories completed.... It was really really stressful... d second one cudnt finish it online but in d outside world its completed

D quote is d best thing to do anyway
Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Lemmy123(m): 2:41pm On May 26, 2017
hinky:

Well, my former moniker i had one of my stories completed.... It was really really stressful... d second one cudnt finish it online but in d outside world its completed

D quote is d best thing to do anyway
Seriously writing is not easy. . . at all. . . you might start and finish a story in your head but in reality, you've not written a word because you don't know to start. . . It's funny. You said something about quote, what quote
Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 26, 2017
Lemmy123:

Seriously writing is not easy. . . at all. . . you might start and finish a story in your head but in reality, you've not written a word because you don't know to start. . . It's funny. You said something about quote, what quote

About reading stories with less seriousness

1 Like

Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Lemmy123(m): 7:06pm On May 26, 2017
hinky:

About reading stories with less seriousness
yaaa
Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Oly23(f): 11:37pm On May 28, 2017
Lemmy123:

Display of ignorance and redundancy right?
grin grin cheesy na you talk am oo
Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Creeza(m): 12:17am On May 29, 2017
Oly23:

grin grin cheesy na you talk am oo
Hehehe oly23 , you still dae here.? I hail o. And soryy for the late quote I was very busy.
Re: Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! by Oly23(f): 10:42am On May 29, 2017
Creeza:
Hehehe oly23 , you still dae here.? I hail o. And soryy for the late quote I was very busy.
I dey oo! Baba I loyal smiley I understand no lele

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK / Secondary School Babes Sha... / My Soulmate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.