Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Humble Opinion On Why Some Muslims Are Leaving Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Humble Opinion On Why Some Muslims Are Leaving Islam (687 Views)

Muneera Abdulsalam, Ex Muslim Warns Those Threatening Her For Leaving Islam / Arab Muslims Are Intellectually Advanced, But Some Black Muslims Are Backward / BAD ATTITUDE!: Some Muslims Don't Employ Other Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Humble Opinion On Why Some Muslims Are Leaving Islam by mohammadyusuf66(m): 12:50am On May 14, 2017
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatuLLAH. I once came across a thread where a brother inquired why some muslims are leaving islam and alhamdulillah so many brothers and sisters did contributed intelligently to the topic, may Allah accept it from us.
i don't know if i was the one that missed it, but i was oppurtuned to travel recently to spend a week with one of my uncles and while i was there, i was able to observe more reasons why some Muslims are at a higher risk of going astray. what i observed is that movies people watch are one of the major factors. when i i say movies, i mean our local Nigerian movies not necessarily hollywood or so.
i have at some times watched local movies mostly the Hausa, the English and of recent the Yoruba movie (subtitled) and here are my observations.
the Hausa movie lacks originality and teaches little or no lessons. the English movie similar to the Hausa movie eventhoguh has more originality but also teaches little or no lessons, develop materialism in one and has the tendency to make one become immoral (this, it shares with most movies even the Hausa and Arabic)
the Yoruba movie of which is the aim of opening this thread is very original and yes of course teaches lessons, but the evils in some if not most Yoruba movies is worse than watching a Hollywood movie to a Muslim,
i spent some days with this my Yoruba uncle and his family (a very nice family), the father and my uncle who happens to be a very busy man goes for work very early in the morning and returns late in the evening ( a fate shared by most fathers in the world), the house is equipped with a satellite with full subscription and there is a television set in each room in the house, from the sitting room, the masters bedroom, children room down to the guest room and alhamdulillah everything is routed to a single control ( i.e what ever is being played in the sitting room will be shown on each TV set in the house ( they did that to make sure the children are not watching adult movies, the oldest child will be around 8 and has younger ones of about 4).
since, i got there to the time of my departure, apart from when they watch news, the TV is always set to my TV Yoruba (presuming for a lovely Yoruba family leaving in the core north among not even Hausa speakers but Fulani speakers, it is understandable and commendable to want to keep the children in touch with their language, culture and origin).this accord me also the privilege to watch and observe what a Yoruba movie is like. and like i said, its very original but its the most dangerous entertainment for a Muslim.
all the movies i watched, if they are not trying to glorify idol worship, then they are brainwashing weak Muslims into believing that Muslims, Christians and idol worshipers are worshiping the same GOD with different approaches and the reward is same. there is none of the movies where you will not see someone affected by one challenge or the other going from alfa to pastor to ifa (babalawo) to seek solutions to his problems and they do not only propagate it but they encourage it and gild it as though its the right thing to do.
the truth is that any muslims that have the above stated believe is very close to apostasy and disbelieve because looking at it, if we accept the wrong assumptions that which ever way is a way, then somebody like me when i am told that in Islam, there is no short cut to paradise, i have to earn it and none has died for my sin and am told that Jesus has died for my sins which if i accept it, will accord the privilege to pursue all my whims and desires wont have a second thought before porting to xtianity ( may Allah protect us from such evil ending) and to make it worse, on careful observation of the producers and directors of such movies, majority of them are Muslims or they have Muslim names.
i had to do extra work to explain to my darling cousins that such believe or ideology is not only faulty but evil. there was a time when a brother was sick and he went to different hospitals and spent lots of money to seek cure but there was no improvement, instead of him to be patient and accept it that Allah was using it to try him, he started contemplating other evil options such as was shown in this movies and now, i know why.
they have robbed people of their peace and make people unnecessarily depressed by telling them that some people are after them and have sent some evils to them. some have even stop keeping birds as pets because they watched a movie that indoctrinates them that there are evil birds.
in essence, what i am saying is that Muslims have to be careful with the type of movies we and our wards watch. Muslim directors and producers should do better in their movies and eliminate all those evil beliefs. i was a grown up when i watched some of this movies and i know how badly, it affected my eeman (faith), i cant imagine the damage it will do those who for most of their childhood have watched and will still be watching this evils.
may Allah make us better Muslims and forgive our shortcomings.

2 Likes

Re: Humble Opinion On Why Some Muslims Are Leaving Islam by Nobody: 3:37am On May 14, 2017
if we accept the wrong assumptions
that which ever way is a way, then somebody like me when i am told that in
Islam, there is no short cut to paradise, i have to earn it and none has died for
my sin and am told that Jesus has died for my sins which if i accept it, will
accord the privilege to pursue all my whims and desires
wont have a second
thought before porting to xtianity ( may Allah protect us from such evil ending)
...and who is the son of lucifer that told you these lies? May Allah help you know the Truth
Re: Humble Opinion On Why Some Muslims Are Leaving Islam by Nobody: 7:00am On May 14, 2017
Na'am, a nice piece....

Yoruba movies sincerely is not ideal to be watched by Muslims with sound aqeedah(creed) or Muslims who wish to have a sound aqeedah...

There is no single Yoruba film you watch that is free from shirk or immorality....

They teach that "the ends justify the means" this principle has no basis in Islam...

Even the .movies that decide to "portray" Islam end up destroying its true image, acts of bidah.....

And they make all these seem like its all fine...

WAllaahul musta'aan...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Humble Opinion On Why Some Muslims Are Leaving Islam by alfarouq(m): 8:25am On May 14, 2017
ztapi:
if we accept the wrong assumptions
that which ever way is a way, then somebody like me when i am told that in
Islam, there is no short cut to paradise, i have to earn it and none has died for
my sin and am told that Jesus has died for my sins which if i accept it, will
accord the privilege to pursue all my whims and desires
wont have a second
thought before porting to xtianity ( may Allah protect us from such evil ending)
...and who is the son of lucifer that told you these lies? May Allah help you know the Truth
Brother, it seems you have misunderstood what op meant. He means that Christianity though being a path to ruin in this world and next will be more appealing to any weak Muslim who has the wrong and evil impression that Allah that commands Islam will also accept Christianity because the belief that someone has died for your sin, all you have to do is profess it and you will be guaranteed heaven irrespective of immorality and other vices you pursue.
May Allah grant us better understanding.
Re: Humble Opinion On Why Some Muslims Are Leaving Islam by davide470(m): 9:58am On May 14, 2017
alfarouq:

Brother, it seems you have misunderstood what op meant. He means that Christianity though being a path to ruin in this world and next will be more appealing to any weak Muslim who has the wrong and evil impression that Allah that commands Islam will also accept Christianity because the belief that someone has died for your sin, all you have to do is profess it and you will be guaranteed heaven irrespective of immorality and other vices you pursue.
Brother, your concept of Christianity is wrong. Accepting Jesus is not a shortcut to heaven (paradise in context). Accepting is a journey. If you stray, you can ask for forgiveness but you will not return back to your vices.

There is no justification for continuing in sin even after accepting and professing. It is wrong and definitely means you have not made a decision yet.

2 Likes

Re: Humble Opinion On Why Some Muslims Are Leaving Islam by Nobody: 11:43am On May 14, 2017
alfarouq:

okay, obviously you all have been fed on the wrong teachings, where exactly did u learn about Christianity please?if you accept Jesus Christ and continue living in sin you are still guaranteed heaven?thats not the Christianity of the Bible sha, i dont know who taught u that but its a huge deception

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

About To Convert To Islam. / Earth, Wind, Water And Fire. Do These Elements Truly Matter? / A Short Story!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.