Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,328 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting (35925 Views)

5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by discman2k2(m): 8:59pm On May 14, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

[img]https://godlessaspie.files./2015/06/cw8va.png[/img]

Still my take is:
"the fool says in his heart : there's no God"
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Akpan107(m): 10:42pm On May 14, 2017
newsynews:

1. Nite clubs

The level of pride that goes on in a nite club is way too much to the extent that you might get punched for something as little as stepping on someone’s toes mistakenly, even after apologizing. It’s also a place where stupidity is exalted and showered with praises. Or what’s the rationale behind buying a very expensive bottle of champagne then using it to wash your hand or pouring it on the floor? That amount you spent on that bottle is exactly what many work every month just to earn. Christians should stay away from such influences.

2. Worldly music concerts

Apart from the foul lyrics in the songs played and the excessive use of hard drug in such concerts, something else goes on unnoticed- People are made to worship Satan. When Jay-Z tells fans at his concert to use their hands to make a sign, most don’t know that it is a sign of Satan. Akon does something similar too. This is tantamount to pledging allegiance to the power behind the sign. Just as people did the Nazi salute to Hitler, Christians in such concerts pledge allegiance to Satan by observing those signs.

3. Political rallies

You pledge allegiance to political parties when you attend their rallies and repeat their slogans. These parties don’t care about you, that’s why they’ve been failing you for years. Their goal is to amass wealth while they impoverish you. The only time they remember you is when they give you crumbs just to attend their rallies where you might get stampeded or shot by political thugs of rival parties.

4. Protests grounds

Protests can be peaceful while some can be bloody. The bloody ones most times end with shops and stores looted and people killed by riot policemen. The reason why I wouldn’t want Christians to join the peaceful ones is that we don’t always know the intention of the organizers. Some of them usually get paid to stage such, while some get paid to call it off thereby disappointing all those who thought the protest will lead to a good solution to their problems.

5. Pagan festivals

Pagan festivals are beginning to look well packaged and fun, unlike what they were known to be- bloody rituals. This is why some Christians think it is cool to partake in Eyo masquerade festival or in Halloween. We shouldn’t allow the fact that these festivals have been reformed to look cool. Their root is what should bother us and keep us away from partaking in such.

6. Prosperity preaching churches

These churches blindfold you and prevent you from preparing for the hard times Christians are about to face. Many Christians are getting persecuted in Iraq and the whole Middle East, but all they make you concerned about is how the New Year will be your year and how you will get undeserved favor from God. That is why people go to church because of what they want from God, not what they want to give in service to God. But if a church besides their gets bombed one Sunday, I can bet you that theirs will be empty the following Sunday. Why? Because they don’t want to die before receiving their undeserved prosperity from God.

7. Social media

I can’t say you should stay away from social media, but use it wisely. Satan desires every good thing which he aims to destroy, that is why there are so many fowl spirits on social media these days influencing people wrongly. Agents are currently using it to demonize marriage and even promote divorce which they make no big deal of by appearing blissful in pictures after the break up. Don’t be fooled; it is only the wearer of the shoes that know where it hurts. Don’t let the glamour you see make you feel sad about your status. Most of them are fake. Not using social media wisely is one of the reasons why some women hated their husband for not being able to buy them the things a Nollywood Actress’ husband bought her. Well, what a relief to discover that those things were actually bought by the lady herself and not her husband. Those celebs you follow, why do you follow them?

Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://wotzup.ng/7-places-christians-should-avoid-visiting/
God bless you.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Odera24: 10:47pm On May 14, 2017
Nice one dear...especially dat Number 7.Many r already victims without knowing it.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Alltek(m): 12:59am On May 15, 2017
As for number 3...

If you don't attend political rallies, how do Christians change the game? Christians are the loudest when it comes to matters affecting the government. Christians complain about the corruption and the evil being perpetrated in high places, but they don't want to join to as not to smear their hands, so we prefer to watch from a distance, we've decided to leave the future of our country into the hands of the CABAL, we believe everyone in government is evil, but we the "good ones" have refused to join politics.

Lol, such a farce.

God will ask you oh.

Don't say I didn't talk oh.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by goldedprince: 1:02am On May 15, 2017
this is why most naija christians will remain poor
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 2:25am On May 15, 2017
newsynews

A Christian should visit those places and fight the devil head on. The battle has to be taken to the enemy - devil before he win. grin
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Donnetimmy(m): 3:33am On May 15, 2017
Protests and political rallies shouldn't be on the list
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by ndubueze92(m): 9:53am On May 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

Ogöf coooourse kiss
you seem to African...
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 15, 2017
ndubueze92:
Lemme digress a little ... I visited ur profile... though without permission...! You're a deep Africanist... I like that... Hope u ain't a feminist?

My last post was a sacarsm

And yh unapologetically 1
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 15, 2017
Alltek:
As for number 3...

If you don't attend political rallies, how do Christians change the game? Christians are the loudest when it comes to matters affecting the government. Christians complain about the corruption and the evil being perpetrated in high places, but they don't want to join to as not to smear their hands, so we prefer to watch from a distance, we've decided to leave the future of our country into the hands of the CABAL, we believe everyone in government is evil, but we the "good ones" have refused to join politics.

Lol, such a farce.

God will ask you oh.

Don't say I didn't talk oh.

Don't mind them. They praying without action is the most annoying part. Let's pray for our politicians blablabla. Same people that didn't just pray for their exams but also learned and didn't just pray for money but have a job
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by ndubueze92(m): 1:46pm On May 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

My last post was a sacarsm

And yh unapologetically 1

You need not be... That's quite a good research work... analytically correct... I easily fall in love with Africanist and inartificial people... but not feminist...
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 15, 2017
ndubueze92:
You need not be... That's quite a good research work... analytically correct... I easily fall in love with Africanist and inartificial people... but not feminist...

To be honest I don't know why you are telling me this because I don't care and I'm not here for your entertainment/to talk about love or whatsoever
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

To be honest I don't know why you are telling me this because I don't care and I'm not here for your entertainment/to talk about love or whatsoever

Ouch! that's really gonna hurt in the morning.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by ndubueze92(m): 3:19pm On May 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

Shallow.... Nigerian girls definition of love... going out with a guy and ultimately having sex... Indeed very shallow people can just become mutual friends, E- friends or pen pals...
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 15, 2017
Sarassin:

Ouch! that's really gonna hurt in the morning.

Lol but I was being neutral, I really didn't get why I should care of his opinion. Not being rude just honest

Are you into Buddhism sth like that (because of the picture on your profile). I have a friend who is Buddhist cheesy
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

Lol but I was being neutral, I really didn't get why I should care of his opinion. Not being rude just honest

Are you into Buddhism sth like that (because of the picture on your profile). I have a friend who is Buddhist cheesy

Yes, Tantra actually.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 15, 2017
Sarassin:

Yes, Tantra actually.

Oh I know nothing about that embarassed

But then again I'm always interested in those kind of things, gonna dig into it grin
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

Oh I know nothing about that embarassed

But then again I'm always interested in those kind of things, gonna dig into it grin

It's fun.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Krystalzkris(f): 4:55pm On May 15, 2017
the toilet.... Christians should avoid it, it's not biblical.....
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by pinkyruledworld(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2017
newsynews where did u see akon doing satanic signs? oga no com dey lie for here. show us the pix
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Ranchhoddas: 2:01am On May 22, 2017
Sarassin:

Yes, Tantra actually.
Hello. A little query please.

Whenever I recite a mantra, I feel like I become more aware of the air around me. Is there anything to this or is my mind just playing tricks?

What is a vibration and how does a person assess or determine his vibration level?

I have been using the "THE VEIL IS TORN..." mantra for positivity.

Thanks!
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 22, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Hello. A little query please.

Whenever I recite a mantra, I feel like I become more aware of the air around me. Is there anything to this or is my mind just playing tricks?

What is a vibration and how does a person assess or determine his vibration level?

I have been using the "THE VEIL IS TORN..." mantra for positivity.

Thanks!

Hello there,
When you do a prolonged recitation of the mantra with feeling and intent you enter an enhanced state of awareness. This is why you feel the air around you. You are at the first stage of a transcendental experience referred to as “Mantra Siddhi”.

When you recite the mantra longer you will begin to experience the atmosphere seemingly drawing you up, a feeling of lightness, you thus enter a state of grace.

Your vibrations are the gradations or frequency at which you can experience transcendence. You can increase these through meditative practice combined with the use of Mantras.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by AlvanT(m): 3:42pm On May 22, 2017
Sarassin:

Hello there,
When you do a prolonged recitation of the mantra with feeling and intent you enter an enhanced state of awareness. This is why you feel the air around you. You are at the first stage of a transcendental experience referred to as “Mantra Siddhi”.

When you recite the mantra longer you will begin to experience the atmosphere seemingly drawing you up, a feeling of lightness, you thus enter a state of grace.

Your vibrations are the gradations or frequency at which you can experience transcendence. You can increase these through meditative practice combined with the use of Mantras.
Hello bro,aside from the "OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA" mantra you prescribed for confidence,which do you prescribe for protection and goodluck.And oh! to increase vibrations too,the ones I saw on google wasn't that convincing and too long to memorize.(it's quite tiresome reading mantras from your phone when you want to meditate) Thank you.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 22, 2017
AlvanT:
Hello bro,aside from the "OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA" mantra you prescribed for confidence,which do you prescribe for protection and goodluck.And oh! to increase vibrations too,the ones I saw on google wasn't that convincing and too long to memorize.(it's quite tiresome reading mantras from your phone when you want to meditate) Thank you.

Hi there

You should chant the following;

OM GAM GA-NA-PA-TA-YE NAMAHA

In multiples of 108
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by AlvanT(m): 6:06pm On May 22, 2017
Sarassin:

Hi there

You should chant the following;

OM GAM GA-NA-PA-TA-YE NAMAHA

In multiples of 108
108? Oh my! That's a lot but thank you very much though but Sir I have another issue I just relapsed out of atheism and I'm still finding my feet in spirituality.I just had to conclude that some events are paranormal that's why I accepted spirituality,I've been researching and deeply practicing meditation,fasting,tithing but there are still elements of doubt in me like "what ifs".e.g what if I'm not gifted? How long do I have to practice meditation to start seeing results? The one I can ascertain with absolute evidence is that I do have dreams after each meditative session.Please guide me on my new path...atheism is the bridge between religion and spirituality for me and I don't want to be caught inbetween,how long do I have to wait to see result cos I know I shouldn't force myself.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 22, 2017
AlvanT:
108? Oh my! That's a lot but thank you very much though but Sir I have another issue I just relapsed out of atheism and I'm still finding my feet in spirituality.I just had to conclude that some events are paranormal that's why I accepted spirituality,I've been researching and deeply practicing meditation,fasting,tithing but there are still elements of doubt in me like "what ifs".e.g what if I'm not gifted? How long do I have to practice meditation to start seeing results? The one I can ascertain with absolute evidence is that I do have dreams after each meditative session.Please guide me on my new path...atheism is the bridge between religion and spirituality for me and I don't want to be caught inbetween,how long do I have to wait to see result cos I know I shouldn't force myself.

In order that we don't derail this thread any further, I will respond to you on a thread I dedicated to mantras if thats OK.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by AlvanT(m): 6:41pm On May 22, 2017
Sarassin:

In order that we don't derail this thread any further, I will respond to you on a thread I dedicated to mantras if thats OK.
Yes it's perfect,please do mention me when you comment. I love you bro.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by ArcToyin(m): 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2017
dolphinife:
This is pure heap of rubbish....

I repeat....heap of rubbish

So a Christian should not attend rallies and wordly concerts?

So all the musical concerts organised in the days of Abraham and David, no believer attended?
You were the one spewing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Talk2nanro(m): 11:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
Good point, i concur
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by lepasharon(f): 2:24am On Jun 04, 2017
highchief1:
wvy would you put political rallies do u want unbilievers to run the affaires of your country

How has believers running the country improved Nigeria?
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Rainmaker69(m): 3:25am On Jun 04, 2017
This post and the comments reveal the mental and spiritual deficiency in the Nigerian church and the country today. Jesus was found in most of the places listed by Op. He was accused of spending time with prostitutes, tax collectors, politicians and shady characters. Its interesting how things have been twisted to fit a warped sense of spirituality. So sad.
Re: 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting by Amujale(m): 4:21am On Dec 26, 2019
Avoid visiting the Christian bible because its fake, false and counterintuitive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dressing Modestly Pays / Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.