Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

'paganism' And 'atheism' Are Two Different Things - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'paganism' And 'atheism' Are Two Different Things (345 Views)

The Relationship Between Witchcraft And Atheism. / What Is Differene Between Paganism And Atheism/freethinking / Meme Wars: Post Your Memes On What You Think Of Religion And Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'paganism' And 'atheism' Are Two Different Things by dRealnino(m): 9:39am On May 14, 2017
Good morning my fellow nairalanders.
So I've been on this forum for a while now and I've noticed a huge misconception of the term 'ATHEIST'. Most of us confuse being a pagan for being an atheist. Please note that these are two different terms.

An atheist is a person who believes that no deities exist while a pagan on the other hand is a person not adhering to any major or recognized religion.

So for someone who grew up in Nigeria of all places to come out and scream "I'm an atheist" is really laughable. Please know I'm not judging against atheism as i believe we all have the right to make our own choice.

I put this out here for clarity so my fellow Nairalanders won't go out there taking so much pride in what they do not even fully understand
Re: 'paganism' And 'atheism' Are Two Different Things by Nobody: 9:48am On May 14, 2017
Paganism is satanism.

As the pagan Gods are all Gods of satanism.
Re: 'paganism' And 'atheism' Are Two Different Things by Nobody: 9:54am On May 14, 2017
Pagan: a person outside of accepted Western religions; one who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim; heathen.

Atheist: a person who believes that there is no god or gods.

(1) (Reply)

Double Tragedy Rocks Church As They Lose Parish Priest And Gets Abandoned Baby / Is The Meat Of An Animal Killed By Dog Eatable / Is The Sun The Alleged Ever Lasting Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.