Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? (1110 Views)

Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Called A 'Cultist' Over Sign He Made With Fingers (Photo / Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Axelrod(m): 10:02am On May 14, 2017
In many occasions, I've been addressed ''the devil'' just because I choose not to give in to religious fanaticism and fantasies.

I have lost a lot of friends, especially the female ones just because I refuse to compromise my stance as an Atheist.

I hear lots of insulting words from Christians who themselves are not even worthy of standing before a god, if there was one.

Funny thing is, most these people preaching to me do virtually everything I do, even worse.

So, my fellow Freethinkers and Atheist, how do you handle being called the devil?

#Atheist_Freethinker_Freesoul.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by hopefulLandlord: 10:26am On May 14, 2017
best revenge is to keep living the good life, living in a way totally different from what they describe, ignore the devil nonsense because even they themselves and them don't believe you're a devil and they're just using it to some sort of moral high ground as compared to you, that they're somehow better than you cuz they believe in "Jesus", they can rape a 4 year old boy and that sin can be "washed away" by mumbling some words to their imaginary friend

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Axelrod(m): 1:38pm On May 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
best revenge is to keep living the good life, living in a way totally different from what they describe, ignore the devil nonsense because even they themselves and them don't believe you're a devil and they're just using it to some sort of moral high ground as compared to you, that they're somehow better than you cuz they believe in "Jesus", they can rape a 4 year old boy and that sin can be "washed away" by mumbling some words to their imaginary friend
That was spot on. Thanks for the advice.

3 Likes

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by OtemAtum: 10:38pm On May 14, 2017
There is no one deviating from the norm that they have never used the word 'devil' for. The religious people think that life is about GOD and devil. There is no entity called devil,but they don't know.
DOCTUFOS: Ikilo 17:1-3

Chapter Seventeen
1. There is no devil as a personality.
2. Every time you do bad, you are momentarily a devil.
3. But when you do good, your goodness shall turn you back to your natural self.
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Niflheim(m): 4:09pm On May 16, 2017
@Axelrod,

During debates, when they call me a devil, I ask them a question(simple for me but difficult for them), and ask them to get the assistance of the holy spirit to give them the answer!!! When they still fail, i laugh and tell them that it is far better to be an "Illuminated Devil", than an Imbecilic Church goer!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Agimor(m): 4:18pm On May 16, 2017
So you believe that the Devil do exist but God doesn't.
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by hopefulLandlord: 4:30pm On May 16, 2017
Agimor:
where in the OP did the author say he believes your imaginary enemy exists

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by dalaman: 4:35pm On May 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

where in the OP did the author say he believes your imaginary enemy exists

Christians deliberately pull this straw man always because they just need something to beat when debating atheist.

Atheist do not believe in any imaginary God and devil.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by hahn(m): 4:43pm On May 16, 2017
I laugh whenever people like analice107 call me the devil or say I am possessed because I know they are ignorant, scared and gullible

I might as well feel offended when someone calls me Lex Luthor cheesy grin

6 Likes

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by hahn(m): 4:45pm On May 16, 2017
Agimor:

Since you have nothing to say, this will suffice undecided
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by analice107: 4:56pm On May 16, 2017
hahn:
I laugh whenever people like analice107 call me the devil or say I am possessed because I know they are ignorant, scared and gullible

I might as well feel offended when someone calls me Lex Luthor cheesy grin
I.don't know why don't consider you worthy of my response. My 5yr Nephew reasons more accurately than you. Just go away.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Richirich713: 4:58pm On May 16, 2017
Being an atheist doesn't make you a freethinker. In fact More than half of the atheists here on nairaland are bigots.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Wilgrea7(m): 6:12pm On May 16, 2017
I've been told by my fellow Christians how the devil is using me to spread falsehood
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by hardeycute(m): 8:41pm On May 16, 2017
Richirich713:
Being an atheist doesn't make you a freethinker. In fact More than half of the atheists here on nairaland are bigots.
True man

I am agnostic,i do not take up debate but deeply i know what shaped me into one

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Deicide: 1:14am On May 17, 2017
Atheisting 101
Do you remember how you aren't supposed to believe in gods or deities if you're an atheist? Well, put that aside and worship Satan anyway. This likely seems counterintuitive, but as you'll see soon it all makes perfect sense.

Now, although Satan is a malevolent deity, you apparently don't even have to believe in his existence in order to worship him. You see, no matter how often I explain to theists that if I don't believe in a god that it must naturally follow that I don't believe in his supposed nemesis either, a great many, Christians especially, still persist that regardless of my disbelief I am still doing exactly what Satan wants me to and so I'm apparently actually fighting for his team. Since the only justification for this idea that these theists can give is, "because I said so", or, “because my holy book says so", no amount of logic and reasoning will sway them from this idea. So, while atheists don't actually worship Satan, we still apparently worship Satan... because potato!

The good news here is that you don't have to actually worship Satan to be an atheist. The bad news is that by being an atheist you worship Satan by proxy, at least according to a great many theists and the bible. Since many believers are going to think you are a devil worshiper no matter what you say, I recommend having some fun with them when you run into these obstinate theists. Make your voice sound like a demon from the movies and start chanting gibberish at them, and roll your eyes back as far as you can for added effect. Or, if you want to keep it a bit tamer, just give them the horns and a hearty "Hail Satan!"*

The funny part of all this is that only the theist actually believes in Satan. The atheist finds it even more ridiculous to have an imaginary enemy than we find having an imaginary friend, and even Satanists find the whole thing to be rather silly. In the end, this is just the theists’ way of saying that if we're not with them that we must naturally be against them. Seems legit.

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by OtemAtum: 11:39am On May 17, 2017
Wilgrea7:
I've been told by my fellow Christians how the devil is using me to spread falsehood
cheesy
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Deicide: 9:41pm On May 17, 2017
Wilgrea7:
Is your own Christianity different from theirs?
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:14am On May 18, 2017
Deicide:
yes.. kinda.. something like that of 0aroloye... but different from his
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by CatfishBilly: 6:42am On May 18, 2017
Wilgrea7:

It's a lie grin grin grin grin
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by OtemAtum: 7:05am On May 18, 2017
Deicide:

Wilgrea7 revised standard version of the bible says Yahweh aka Hashem has never created hell fire and hell fire doesn't exist. Assuming this news was told our parents back then,they would not have converted to Christianity. The fear of hell fire made them convert, but now Wilgrea7 has quenched the fire.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by OtemAtum: 7:06am On May 18, 2017
Wilgrea7:

We should have Wilgrestian Christianity grin
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:02am On May 18, 2017
OtemAtum:
Wilgrea7 revised standard version of the bible says Yahweh aka Hashem has never created hell fire and hell fire doesn't exist. Assuming this news was told our parents back then,they would not have converted to Christianity. The fear of hell fire made them convert, but now Wilgrea7 has quenched the fire.

there are tons of denominations of Christianity that don't believe in hell... why is it only me you want to crucify?
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:05am On May 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:
It's a lie grin grin grin grin

why do you say so? cheesy
Re: Fellow Freethinkers, How Do You Handle Being Called A Devil? by CatfishBilly: 9:27am On May 18, 2017
Wilgrea7:

why do you say so? cheesy
I'm just kidding, bro.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Must Read!! The Great Conversion Of Alhaji Paul Ado Bayero. / Blood Groups SS Turns To AA As Propeht Joshua Iginla Ministers To Siblings / "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.