Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had Sex With Joseph? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had Sex With Joseph? (1032 Views)

Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? / Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had Sex With Joseph? by Tender1(m): 12:07pm On May 14, 2017
Why is it so wrong to admitt mary had sex in the biblical context? Man in hisperfect state was told to multiply. The more children a woman had back then showed how blessed and favored she was. Jesus created family, brothers, sisters. Its only the dogma doctrine of man that mary was forever virgin and from there cocreater/redeemer..... really??
Where is the scripture for that?

In the first few centuries of Christianity it was held by many that Mary had children after Christ.By the 3rd century a acetical theme struck christianity & a abhoring belief that sex in marriage was unworthy if not sinful prevailed,this is where the nonsense of a perpetual virginity started(unheard of in jews like Mary or Joseph, the jewish tradition held sex in marriage as good. The new testament was written in greek & it clearly distinguishes between cousin & brother.

I heard Mary Had other children with Joseph, I wanna know their names?
Re: Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had Sex With Joseph? by delishpot: 12:11pm On May 14, 2017
I wonder why Mary's vagina is of so much importance to people. Why argue for or against her vigina's history? If God did not want her to use it, he wouldn't have created it.

1 Like

Re: Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had Sex With Joseph? by Tender1(m): 12:15pm On May 14, 2017
delishpot:
I wonder why Mary's vagina is of so much importance to people. Why argue for or against her vigina's history? If God did not want her to use it, he wouldn't have created it.

You know, people think out of an innertube. Why? Because it would be more logical to think that Mary had other children besides Jesus. Why? Back in that time, it was so important to reprocreate. God encouraged people to have children. It was shameful not to have children. So, how do people think God would not reward Mary and Joseph for doing such an important task as to bring forth and raise the Son of God. God knowing he will be crucified one day. Don't you think he would make sure they had airs? Why would he make them just raise one child, watch him be mutilated and hung on a cross, and leave them with nothing. No one knows what happened to Joseph, but we all know Mary lived through it all. Given the fact Joseph wasn't at the foot of the cross when Jesus died, tells me Joseph was probably dead. I doubt he would have not been there if he were alive. There is no biblical evidence he was ever in another marriage. He was a descendent of David and lived by strict Jewish Law. If Mary was still alive, and she was, he would have not been in another Marriage. You couldn't just have a divorce, there were strict guidelines for that. People just didn't divorce on a whim like they do today. I think too many People like to twist the scriptures to convince people of their point of view, when the bible is VERY clear on MOST things. My favorite dunce theory mentioned in this article was the idea is that after the virgin birth of Jesus, Mary remained a virgin throughout her life. Who are they kidding? She had a husband. That would have been dishonoring her God given husband. I don't know who comes up with this stuff, but all I can say is WOW!

1 Like

Re: Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had Sex With Joseph? by delishpot: 12:18pm On May 14, 2017
Tender1:

You know, people think out of an innertube. Why? Because it would be more logical to think that Mary had other children besides Jesus. Why? Back in that time, it was so important to reprocreate. God encouraged people to have children. It was shameful not to have children. So, how do people think God would not reward Mary and Joseph for doing such an important task as to bring forth and raise the Son of God. God knowing he will be crucified one day. Don't you think he would make sure they had airs? Why would he make them just raise one child, watch him be mutilated and hung on a cross, and leave them with nothing. No one knows what happened to Joseph, but we all know Mary lived through it all. Given the fact Joseph wasn't at the foot of the cross when Jesus died, tells me Joseph was probably dead. I doubt he would have not been there if he were alive. There is no biblical evidence he was ever in another marriage. He was a descendent of David and lived by strict Jewish Law. If Mary was still alive, and she was, he would have not been in another Marriage. You couldn't just have a divorce, there were strict guidelines for that. People just didn't divorce on a whim like they do today. I think too many People like to twist the scriptures to convince people of their point of view, when the bible is VERY clear on MOST things. My favorite dunce theory mentioned in this article was the idea is that after the virgin birth of Jesus, Mary remained a virgin throughout her life. Who are they kidding? She had a husband. That would have been dishonoring her God given husband. I don't know who comes up with this stuff, but all I can say is WOW!

I guess you are right. They twist history to favour their agenda.

1 Like

Re: Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had Sex With Joseph? by Arielle: 1:46pm On May 14, 2017
I wish we could talk more about this. I'm catholic but I think you're a hundred percent correct.

1 Like

Re: Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had Sex With Joseph? by sconp: 1:51pm On May 14, 2017
Jesus had brothers o, you can Google it
Re: Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had Sex With Joseph? by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 14, 2017
Mary and Joseph had other children apart from Jesus.
U know James? The writer of the book of James in the New Testament? Yea, he was Jesus' brother and so was Judas(not Iscariot oh) and Joses.
Re: Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had Sex With Joseph? by ebukahandsome(m): 2:03pm On May 14, 2017
Is this what jesus came for?
Focus on the right things you will do that will qualify you to Make heaven and you are here arguing wheather mary had sex or not. ..
If they had sex or not thats not our concern because they r probably in heaven. We are still on this sinfull earth to convert souls like all these Atheists and co's who have lost their minds
Jahbless

(1) (Reply)

Liberation City By Dr. Chris Okafor Celebrates 14th Anniversary / Morgan Freeman Features TB Joshua In Documentary On God / Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.