Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality (1263 Views)

MASSOB Cautions Ganduje Against Receiving Chieftaincy Title In Aba / Biafra Day: IPOB Orders Sit-At-Home In Igboland, Benue, Adamawa, Kogi, Kaduna / We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by nurex01(m): 2:26pm On May 14, 2017
Mudiaga Affe, Calabar

The Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB has cautioned security agencies against unnecessary show of force by arresting or killing its members during the 2017 Biafra Independence Day.

Leader of MASSOB in Cross River State, Mr. Samuel Okah, said this on Saturday in Ikom when the organisation commenced activities for the annual celebration with a peaceful rally.

Okah said that the celebration will climax with a football match with the Bayelsa State wing of the movement on May 22 in Ikom.

He said, “We call on security agencies not to engage in any show of force by killing members of MASSOB who are celebrating Biafra Day because it is a peaceful event to honour Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu who on May 30, 1967 declared Biafra Independence to free his people from the yoke of bondage which they were subjected to.”

Okah said that the celebration of May 22 started when the MASSOB leader, Chief Ralph Uwazurike, in pursuit of a non-violent struggle for the actualisation of the Biafra nation declared the Biafra Independence Day on that date in the year 2000.

“Since then members of MASSOB have been engaging in peaceful struggle for the actualisation of Biafra independence and so it is instructive that we be allowed to do our thing without any form of violence from the police or any other security outfit,” he said.

He said the celebration would not require non-members to panic, stay away from work or close their businesses, except those who want to join in the marches around the state.

“We will be carrying our flags and marching in some areas like we are doing now, which does not disturb office work or closure of businesses except those who want to join us and as such anybody is free to join us,” he said.

The Cross River MASSOB leader said members in the state still have outstanding cases in courts as a result of police action against the movement during its peaceful activities.

He appealed that the 2017 event should be free from any form of high-handedness from security agencies.

http://punchng.com/biafra-day-celebration-massob-cautions-security-agencies-against-brutality/

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Alleviating: 2:26pm On May 14, 2017
angry
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Afriifa(m): 2:32pm On May 14, 2017
Selfishness is a disease

1 Like

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by nurex01(m): 2:36pm On May 14, 2017
Afriifa:
Selfishness is a disease

Yes, a great dss.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Baawaa(m): 2:39pm On May 14, 2017
Vanity upon vanity, bia-fraud is vanity grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Shelloween(m): 2:42pm On May 14, 2017
What is there to celebrate? Our fallen heroes? Heroes that were abandoned by their leader; Ojukwu. He left them and fled to Ivory Coast.
Why should I join Nnamdi Kanu? A man that can't even free himself from the Nigerian Government, let alone actualize Biafra.
When yawa go cast, Nnamdi Kanu would, like Ojukwu, flee abroad. You my friend, would be slaughtered.
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Arda1000(m): 2:42pm On May 14, 2017
Baawaa:
if it is vanity why did you come here to express your fear?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Xway(m): 3:01pm On May 14, 2017
Arda1000:
if it is vanity why did you come here to express your fear?
At the mention of biafra.
Afonja shall begin to panick.
It is a proven fact.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Donexy16(m): 3:01pm On May 14, 2017
Which fear..

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Arda1000(m): 3:05pm On May 14, 2017
Donexy16:
Which fear..
if you aint afraid then stop posting rubbish
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Donexy16(m): 3:07pm On May 14, 2017
Arda1000:
if you aint afraid then stop posting rubbish

I think you're confused..

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by ZombiePUNISHER: 3:08pm On May 14, 2017
Baawaa:
This particular vanity does not çoncern you.. Just go and continue being miserable some place else...its your destiny

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Arda1000(m): 3:09pm On May 14, 2017
Xway:
It is a proven fact.
nwannaa mua aghota kwa udi nkaa, mmadu ana agbahari attach anyhow
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by ZombiePUNISHER: 3:11pm On May 14, 2017
Donexy16:

I think am confused..it's a biafran thread...what am I doing here? ... Am a fool

1 Like

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Arda1000(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2017
Donexy16:

I think you're confused..
i think you are the one confused here
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Cooly100: 3:17pm On May 14, 2017
Afriifa:
Selfishness is a disease

Please tell how they are selfish..I dey beg you!!! No insult...

1 Like

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Cooly100: 3:18pm On May 14, 2017
Baawaa:

Why is it vanity...compared to Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by nurex01(m): 3:19pm On May 14, 2017
Xway:
It is a proven fact.

Nothing is going to happen. Nigeria is one. I support we live peacefully together. Greediness is not good. We have to be contended with whatever we have. I remain loyal.
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Donexy16(m): 3:21pm On May 14, 2017
[quote author=ZombiePUNISHER post=56512994][/quote]

Am reporting you right now.. Why did u twist my comment
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by whitebeard(m): 3:30pm On May 14, 2017
Cooly100:

Why is it vanity...compared to Nigeria?
so it the previous order u want to use to govern yourself....u are backward ooo..I am sorry for u
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by whitebeard(m): 3:32pm On May 14, 2017
Cooly100:

Please tell how they are selfish..I dey beg you!!! No insult...
they are not the only one facing the struggle..yet they fight for themselves when they are still citizens of a Nigeria... u know if we all come together I mean the whole of Nigeria..things would change...but if we keep separating like this, things would only get worse
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Caseless: 3:43pm On May 14, 2017
Fear fear people.
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by ozowarac: 4:12pm On May 14, 2017
Shelloween:
What is there to celebrate? Our fallen heroes? Heroes that were abandoned by their leader; Ojukwu. He left them and fled to Ivory Coast.
Why should I join Nnamdi Kanu? A man that can't even free himself from the Nigerian Government, let alone actualize Biafra.
When yawa go cast, Nnamdi Kanu would, like Ojukwu, flee abroad. You my friend, would be slaughtered.

why taking drugs on another mans sickness? you must be a fool.
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Cooly100: 4:17pm On May 14, 2017
whitebeard:
they are not the only one facing the struggle..yet they fight for themselves when they are still citizens of a Nigeria... u know if we all come together I mean the whole of Nigeria..things would change...but if we keep separating like this, things would only get worse

...Nope the suffering is mainly in their region. Why not you start your struggle from your region asking the central government to be equitable to all Nigerians...? They can't be fighting for you when the federal government invests in your region...and treats you better...
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by Cooly100: 4:18pm On May 14, 2017
whitebeard:
so it the previous order u want to use to govern yourself....u are backward ooo..I am sorry for u

I didn't understand your grammar...You can write in pidgin if that's too difficult for you...
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by whitebeard(m): 4:35pm On May 14, 2017
Cooly100:

...Nope the suffering is mainly in their region. Why not you start your struggle from your region asking the central government to be equitable to all Nigerians...? They can't be fighting for you when the federal government invests in your region...and treats you better...
which government is investing and we are complaining...some biafrans are in Lagos they still complain...
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by nurex01(m): 6:34pm On May 14, 2017
nurex01:
Mudiaga Affe, Calabar

The Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB has cautioned security agencies against unnecessary show of force by arresting or killing its members during the 2017 Biafra Independence Day.

Leader of MASSOB in Cross River State, Mr. Samuel Okah, said this on Saturday in Ikom when the organisation commenced activities for the annual celebration with a peaceful rally.

Okah said that the celebration will climax with a football match with the Bayelsa State wing of the movement on May 22 in Ikom.

He said, “We call on security agencies not to engage in any show of force by killing members of MASSOB who are celebrating Biafra Day because it is a peaceful event to honour Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu who on May 30, 1967 declared Biafra Independence to free his people from the yoke of bondage which they were subjected to.”

Okah said that the celebration of May 22 started when the MASSOB leader, Chief Ralph Uwazurike, in pursuit of a non-violent struggle for the actualisation of the Biafra nation declared the Biafra Independence Day on that date in the year 2000.

“Since then members of MASSOB have been engaging in peaceful struggle for the actualisation of Biafra independence and so it is instructive that we be allowed to do our thing without any form of violence from the police or any other security outfit,” he said.

He said the celebration would not require non-members to panic, stay away from work or close their businesses, except those who want to join in the marches around the state.

“We will be carrying our flags and marching in some areas like we are doing now, which does not disturb office work or closure of businesses except those who want to join us and as such anybody is free to join us,” he said.

The Cross River MASSOB leader said members in the state still have outstanding cases in courts as a result of police action against the movement during its peaceful activities.

He appealed that the 2017 event should be free from any form of high-handedness from security agencies.

http://punchng.com/biafra-day-celebration-massob-cautions-security-agencies-against-brutality/
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by nurex01(m): 8:30pm On May 14, 2017
Which fear?
Re: Biafra Day Celebration: MASSOB Cautions Security Agencies Against Brutality by nurex01(m): 10:16pm On May 14, 2017
Xway:
It is a proven fact.

No fear at all

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Sending An Astronaut To Space By 2030 / Chief Of Defence Staff Commissions Naval War College In Amaechi's Town Ubima(pix / Aisha Buhari Is A Shameless Corrupt Criminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.