Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Zamfara Strikes Gold, Others, Set For Exploitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Strikes Gold, Others, Set For Exploitation (1645 Views)

New Ondo Deputy Governor, Others Set To Dump PDP For APC.. / Suswam’s Deputy, Lawani, Aondoakaa , Others Set To Defect To APC In Benue / Buhari, Atiku Others Set To Contest For APC Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Strikes Gold, Others, Set For Exploitation by MAYOWAAK: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
ZAMFARA State may be bracing up as an exporter of solid minerals, following discovery of commercial quantity of the subterranean wealth in the area.

Specifically, an exploration exercise revealed occurance of high grade gold and some other precious metals in the state, with the governor, Alhaji Mahmuda Aliyu Shinkafi affirming the discoveries as potential big foreign exchange earners.

Shinkafi told reporters yesterday in Gusau, the state capital that the discovery of abundant solid mineral deposits in the state would not only bring development to the state but also make it become a major contributor to the nation's wealth as the country seeks other sources of revenue generation, to reduce the country sole dependence on oil revenue.

SOURCE:GUARDIAN TUESDAY JANUARY 12 2010
Re: Zamfara Strikes Gold, Others, Set For Exploitation by largie(f): 2:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
good for them.i think now the north will have a good reason to want to break away.Are they gone already?God is good all the time.bye
Re: Zamfara Strikes Gold, Others, Set For Exploitation by ChapelleS: 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2010
I see the people that put us on terror list jostling to get mining licenses.Hypocritical capitalists
Re: Zamfara Strikes Gold, Others, Set For Exploitation by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2010
I thought Zamfara has always had gold
Re: Zamfara Strikes Gold, Others, Set For Exploitation by Abagworo(m): 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
@tpia.you are very right.ilesa in osun state also has gold being mined illegaly.infact almost every state in nigeria has sustainable natural and agricultural resources but,

My opinion is that we should care less about mining and extraction and focus more on processing,fabrication and manufacturing.
Re: Zamfara Strikes Gold, Others, Set For Exploitation by Fhemmmy: 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
That is a beautiful thing, more resources for Nigeria to share.

(1) (Reply)

N800m Stolen At Thisday / If I Were Buhari By Tony Iredia / Oil Subsidy Probe: Tension Grips Reps Over Alleged $3m Bribery Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.