Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

How Did You Make It In Life? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Did You Make It In Life? (29908 Views)

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / How Much Did You Save In 2017? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by LaExpert: 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
saasala:
I have not made it in life until I become a billionaire in dollars.

Why did I say this?

My goal since I was in SS2 as a 16 year old boy who stumbled on Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad was never to proceed to higher institution after I learnt that becoming very wealthy or successful can not be gotten with certificates.

As at the age of 20 I already had 2 handwork: Bricklaying (Which I learnt from my father) and plumbing (enrolled as a plumbing apprentice and graduated cos of the passion I have for it) With this skill I was able to earn some income which I later invested in some internet business that fetched me something big. At the age of 22 I made my first million naira, had a registered business, an office with 2 other partners. We were doing strictly internet business. Online payment merchant, e-currency, made some money via Google adsense etc. At the age of 24 I became broke and lost my business, went back to become a burden to my bricklayer father,one of the partners betrayed me. I learnt the hard way and moved on.

At 24 I started learning programming, read and watched tutorials like my life would end soon while still doing some internet businesses. At 26 I started getting web jobs and things started getting better.

Now I am 30, I am building my own house, I have 3 sources of income. As an internet entrepreneur I have apps and websites that will soon make me a billionaire in dollars.

I didn't further my education. I have been inside of a higher institution just twice when I went to visit a friend and when I went to conduct a seminar. I didn't even pass my WAEC. I have helped students of computer science with their school project severally.

My goal since I was 16 has been to become a billionaire in dollars without going to school. So I have not made it in life until I achieve this.

You probably would have had it easier if you pursued a degree. You're getting it all wrong if you think all you'd have learned in school is academics.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Mypeople2(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
Atigba:

If I tell you how I make it

Will you keep your mouth shut?
Tell us na..Na head you cut ,you go India or you rob bank? Abeg which one u do ?
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by abdeiz(m): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2017
Stevenbright:
Even though it has a learning curve to be able to get to the point of constant earnings monthly with minimum expenditures, Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing has been my main stream of income after finishing my NYSC.

Please can you explain just briefly what Kindle Publishing entails...I'd like to learn more from someone who is currently doing it i.e first hand experience.r

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by slimiyke(m): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
AnaCheks:
Which of the CAD programs?

Revit MEP CAD.... after which I did a special training on Abb Doc, Dialux, Ecodial....But I must tell you that Abb Doc is superb and its very flexible when it comes to low voltage distribution simulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by ladyF(f): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
Baba God pick up my call o, so i can come and share how i made it too. cry

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by pauljumbo: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
Richyicon:
pls can I have your email pls

Info@pauljumbo.com
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by sam4(m): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
U2ice:

...and someone just got to where u left
Even over taking is allowed
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by kareemsaheed: 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
Here I am in d middle of no where..
Raising cash to start my life.
Haven't made it yet
But I believe because the raise of life is on different track.
I am willing to learn. I am willing to learn.
If u have an idea about buying and selling of cryptocurrecy.
Pls don't hesitate to beep me..
Pls just quote me.
Thanks
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by RealityShot: 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
technicallyrich:
It is an open secret that many people are suffering in nigeria. Most graduate don't have jobs and the ones that are employed are underemployed. The ones that are skilled don't have money to open up their business and these go on and on.

The significance of all these is that most of the guys Damn all the consequences and go into stealing and get killed. Most of our young girls are into runz or rather prostitution because they face harsh conditions in life. awhen i work the street I fell bad because I see hardship and pain all over.

But in all these I know that some people are making it,
your definition of "made" is the problem!
go out there and get a job: any job you can, even if it pays 10k. In a few months your eyes will open to new ideas to earn more!

lovelinkheart: go learn how commodities are traded in nigeria ..it will give u many ideas.. Choose one and learn it.. E.g. Cosmetics, biscuits...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Adicsonbaba(m): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
Stevenbright:
Even though it has a learning curve to be able to get to the point of constant earnings monthly with minimum expenditures, Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing has been my main stream of income after finishing my NYSC.

bro, can we talk... this is my whatsapp number 08164718807 or can I have urs
regards
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by U2ice(m): 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
sam4:
Even over taking is allowed

No time..
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Josh44s(m): 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
ladyF:

Shuoooo LadyF all the Bitcon business and online Orukuruku you have been doing since nko? You nova still make am Aaarhhh

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lotto and football gambling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Yhemit(m): 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
slimiyke:
Honestly, it would definitely take more than a text page to give a well detailed explanations of how i made it and eventually found a place and carved a niche for myself in the society. As a young man in the university studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering 2004-2009, I never really appreciated the need for skill acquisition outside of my field of study though I did Basic computer appreciation training before my admission finally came through then after my admission I was posted to kebbi State for my NYSC, while in the camp I tried to identify with almost all the organisations that visited us there either for skill acquisition or training of any sort which was considered relatively cheap, so unknowingly to me that MDG WAP agro entrepreneurial scheme was going to invite us for a training in Abuja Kubwa camp, so, after the training I applied for a loan of 250k knowing fully that my NYSC was going to be the collateral but I decided to take the maximum risk because I was so afraid of coming back home to beg for support, so came back and set up my poultry farm on a small scale in a corner of our rented apartment and also used part of the money to acquire a CAD program skill and a cheap laptop also. Behold after 6months of this programs I was invited for an interview which I passed and immediately got employed...to cut it short, today I can proudly tell the world that I made a repayment of that loan after 2yrs and have also built a house for my parents and I must say that I may not be too rich but I count myself very successful because I have conquered so many fears and made my family so proud....

bro can I know if your poultry farming really worked out or its the CAD that path way for you.
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Dekadet(m): 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
[quote author=groundnutoil post=58914823]pls drop ya watsaa cool.
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by NnamdiN: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
Buying and selling. wink
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
technicallyrich:
It is an open secret that many people are suffering in nigeria. Most graduate don't have jobs and the ones that are employed are underemployed. The ones that are skilled don't have money to open up their business and these go on and on.

The significance of all these is that most of the guys Damn all the consequences and go into stealing and get killed. Most of our young girls are into runz or rather prostitution because they face harsh conditions in life. awhen i work the street I fell bad because I see hardship and pain all over.

But in all these I know that some people are making it,so please let's share some ideals. At least to reduce the pain and suffering in the country.

Your post is filled with so many wrong assumptions, you will suffer if you continue like this
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Gwan2(m): 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
This post could had gone as one of the best article I have come across on Nairaland. .but no thankss to some trolls and nitwits that can't discern a life changing write-up.
Firstly, there is nothing new under the sun, most especially if it will come from the African continent...There is no business, strategy, idea, plan you are having or you will have that someone somewhere haven't done or ain't working on . The life expectancy in Nigeria is just a little above 54yrs, hence virtual no or just a little time nature can accommodate you to exibit that "spectacular" idea of yours.
The white man has tried enough, gave you classroom, inculcated his culture in you to meet up with his way of thinking and ultimately gave you internet service to climb the ladder he had once sacrifice with his blood to have just so you could have everything going simple and be a success...but no.
Someone now came up with a brilliant idea inviting people to narrate their success story so you could have it easy threading the same path ...but no . If you think you gat the whole time in the world to blow , think well..because advancement in technology invariably comes with reduction in human life span.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by slimiyke(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
Yhemit:

bro can I know if your poultry farming really worked out or its the CAD that path way for you.

The poultry business really helped but the attention got so diverted when I got my job newly not just because I don't like the business but my kind of Job requires much attention....imagine if you're asked to follow up a massive project and do some tasking technical detailing as per variations on site I think you will rarely have time for any other thing. ( Though the CAD is just one of the tools I use in detailing my job)
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by technicallyrich(m): 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

Your post is filled with so many wrong assumptions, you will suffer if you continue like this
Which assumptions let us know please.
And for suffer I wont

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by technicallyrich(m): 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
I have a blc in management,any job offer is highly welcome.
You can send message to my email.
Or mention me.
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Ebidave001(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
saasala:
I have not made it in life until I become a billionaire in dollars.

Why did I say this?

My goal since I was in SS2 as a 16 year old boy who stumbled on Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad was never to proceed to higher institution after I learnt that becoming very wealthy or successful can not be gotten with certificates.

As at the age of 20 I already had 2 handwork: Bricklaying (Which I learnt from my father) and plumbing (enrolled as a plumbing apprentice and graduated cos of the passion I have for it) With this skill I was able to earn some income which I later invested in some internet business that fetched me something big. At the age of 22 I made my first million naira, had a registered business, an office with 2 other partners. We were doing strictly internet business. Online payment merchant, e-currency, made some money via Google adsense etc. At the age of 24 I became broke and lost my business, went back to become a burden to my bricklayer father,one of the partners betrayed me. I learnt the hard way and moved on.

At 24 I started learning programming, read and watched tutorials like my life would end soon while still doing some internet businesses. At 26 I started getting web jobs and things started getting better.

Now I am 30, I am building my own house, I have 3 sources of income. As an internet entrepreneur I have apps and websites that will soon make me a billionaire in dollars.

I didn't further my education. I have been inside of a higher institution just twice when I went to visit a friend and when I went to conduct a seminar. I didn't even pass my WAEC. I have helped students of computer science with their school project severally.

My goal since I was 16 has been to become a billionaire in dollars without going to school. So I have not made it in life until I achieve this.
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by bigiyaro(m): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
I want to start exporting yams from taraba state to port hacourt, i hope i can 'make it' any sujesions?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2017
technicallyrich:

Which assumptions let us know please.
And for suffer I wont

You kept saying "Most" in your statement, how do you know this? Can you please post links to surveys that have been carried out in support of your statements or we should just believe that most people are in such situations as you claim without facts. Where is the link of stats carried out to support your assumptions that most young men are thieves and most young girls are prostitutes
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
badoi:
If you dont do illegal jobs or join illegal gangs you cant be a billionaire in Nigeria

If you dont do illegal jobs or join illegal gangs you cant be a billionaire anywhere in the world. The law exists to restrict the number of very rich people.
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
bigiyaro:
I want to start exporting yams from taraba state to port hacourt, i hope i can 'make it' any sujesions?

Fantastic idea. You will succeed. If I was in PH I'd join you
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
Gwan2:
This post could had gone as one of the best article I have come across on Nairaland. .but no thankss to some trolls and nitwits that can't discern a life changing write-up.
Firstly, there is nothing new under the sun, most especially if it will come from the African continent...There is no business, strategy, idea, plan you are having or you will have that someone somewhere haven't done or ain't working on . The life expectancy in Nigeria is just a little above 54yrs, hence virtual no or just a little time nature can accommodate you to exibit that "spectacular" idea of yours.
The white man has tried enough, gave you classroom, inculcated his culture in you to meet up with his way of thinking and ultimately gave you internet service to climb the ladder he had once sacrifice with his blood to have just so you could have everything going simple and be a success...but no.
Someone now came up with a brilliant idea inviting people to narrate their success story so you could have it easy threading the same path ...but no . If you think you gat the whole time in the world to blow , think well..because advancement in technology invariably comes with reduction in human life span.

What a load of crap. You think the white man's knowledge is superior to yours because you are black? Well, tell your superior thinking white folks to kindly explain how Egyptian pyramids were built and how pharaohs were mummified with inferior black race knowledge

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by benjibabs(m): 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
abdeiz:

Please can you explain just briefly what Kindle Publishing entails...I'd like to learn more from someone who is currently doing it i.e first hand experience.r

Bro, let me give you a brotherly advise. I sincerely hope you will not take this personal. lipsrsealed

I can feel your zeal to learn kindle publishing; however, if you are waiting for someone with first hand experience to teach you, you may have to wait a long time.

I do understand where you are coming from as a Nigerian my self; our environment is such that one cannot get information about anything anywhere except you talk to someone who has done what you are seeking before. Now, when you are seeking for info about a service in a developed nation, internet is your best friend. Loads of information is available on the internet and when you access the site of the company offering the service you will get all you need.

So, let me get you started with the research on kindle publishing. Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is simply amazon's self publishing platform.

Head over here to KDP website for a great intro video and more info:

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/

You will also benefit from smashwords (https://www.smashwords.com/) as well. They will help you distribute your ebooks to major retailers and thousands of libraries.

When you are ready for on-demand publishing, I can provide you with info on how to get your book into Ingram/Lightning source.

I've self published a book for my wife using all the platforms above. If you have any question along the way, feel free to PM me.

Wish you the best!

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by saasala(m): 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
LaExpert:

You probably would have had it easier if you pursued a degree. You're getting it all wrong if you think all you'd have learned in school is academics.

And you probably would have had it easier if you had not pursued a degree....You see, different strokes for different folks

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Yhemit(m): 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
slimiyke:

The poultry business really helped but the attention got so diverted when I got my job newly not just because I don't like the business but my kind of Job requires much attention....imagine if you're asked to follow up a massive project and do some tasking technical detailing as per variations on site I think you will rarely have time for any other thing. ( Though the CAD is just one of the tools I use in detailing my job)

God go bless you sir.....

Do you think is possible for me to start anything within ( agribusiness) during my Nysc around November. I love to go into either fishery or rabbits during service..... I don't know if I can do such during service?

everybody is afraid of going back home waiting for #1k from parents.
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Yhemit(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
thanks you for coming back online to answer my question.....
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by fizyalasdair(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
ladyF:

You wey don already make am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Garment Factory In Cross-River Set To Open (photo) / Ibukun Awosika Appointed As The First Female Chairman Of The Board Of First Bank / Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.