Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month (12390 Views)

Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month / Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Sustains Growth For Sixth Consecutive Month / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Drops For Seventh Consecutive Month, Says Nbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by IMASTEX: 7:37am On May 17, 2017
I can only say that for our herbal tea for men that maintained stable price. And the sales of our snails. Not for other goods, I.e rice, etc
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 7:37am On May 17, 2017
A bag of garri is ₦11k from ₦4k.How has inflation dropped?

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 7:38am On May 17, 2017
Lol

Dropped by 0.02

How is that significant?
Price of rice is dropping while price of everything else is increasing.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 7:41am On May 17, 2017
pinkcottoncandy:
Who are you people fooling? Which metrics did they use in calculating these figures?

Abi did they use all the bole and fish joints in PH to calculate the rate of inflation?.....

Make amadi oha faya all these our ancestral leaders ruling since 1970... wey nor gree die leave power for the youths to taste leadership!!

Do you mean youths who had been addicted to abusive language, youth who always celebrate the so call elders who are the looters of our treasury, you mean youth, especially most of the youth on Nairaland?

Until the youth start to reasons objectively! No slot for them.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by buchilino(m): 7:42am On May 17, 2017
pinkcottoncandy:
Who are you people fooling? Which metrics did they use in calculating these figures?

Abi did they use all the bole and fish joints in PH to calculate the rate of inflation?.....

Make amadi oha faya all these our ancestral leaders ruling since 1970... wey nor gree die leave power for the youths to taste leadership!!

WAIT OOO, WERE DEY TALKING ABOUT NIGERIAN INFLATION?, I THOUGHT DEY WERE TALKING ABOUT GHANA OR TOGO, COS BASED ON WAT IS HAPPENING AROUND ME , IT DIDN'T REDUCE BUT INCREASED.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 7:43am On May 17, 2017
OLAFIMIX:
Thank God
Do you believe this statistics or the one in the streets?
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 7:45am On May 17, 2017
MissCuppy:
Its dropping small small sha.
What and what has dropped and which area of the state did it dropped?

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by deflover(m): 7:47am On May 17, 2017
Let them keep lying
Egg is produced here but the increase in price per week is alarming
Most poultries are closing down because of cost of feed yet people will scream agriculture is the new gold
I just dey laff when wall street analysis can't be felt on main street where we all do our thing.
Lies will only be the achievement of this government.
Osinbanjo is just wasting his time

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by 2shure: 7:51am On May 17, 2017
And the bich woman in my street
Sells egg roll for 200
Plastic coke 2h
Mtn card 220
D tin don tire me

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by afamaustin(m): 7:52am On May 17, 2017
Damidave1124:
Has the drop been felt by a commoner?
Abi
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Juciano1(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2017
comshots:
A bag of garri is ₦11k from ₦4k.How has inflation dropped?
Na political dropping. This government is shameless!

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 7:56am On May 17, 2017
lies.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by mapet: 7:56am On May 17, 2017
veekid:
And what happen to the price of rice?
Also dropping. Didn't you read the Bureau of Stats report?
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by checkolatunji: 7:58am On May 17, 2017
pinkcottoncandy:

But when dey told us it was high did you ask which metrics dey use to measure it?

Hypocrisy at its best
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Chizzysplash(m): 8:07am On May 17, 2017
De worst part be say average Nigerian no dey understand or see changes dem dey claim to make
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Partnerbiz(f): 8:07am On May 17, 2017
frenchwine:

Baba so you sef dey do TB . I'm also into it but mehn, profit margin is soon narrow. Which bank are you investing through?
It isn't narrow bro.
17 to 18% per annum is cool.
In fact, this the highest in the past 7 years or more.
It was less than 5% at some point last yr at sec market.
I didn't do yearly though. Did 139 days at 14.5 % with Access.
Stanbic and First banks have the best rates anyway.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by donbrowser(m): 8:12am On May 17, 2017
Jilo83:
We are getting there...
When last did you buy garri?
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by wakes: 8:13am On May 17, 2017
Okay
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by iluvpomo(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2017
Their lies/stories pass the ones Donald Trump tells grin
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by GavelSlam: 8:16am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:
I can't seem to see anything of such. So where did it drop exactly? In the mind of the writer or what?

In fact, the cost of things have increased in some places. However, most of the increases in price is arbitrary. Nigerian retailers are not honest people. They want to rip off customers at all cost, even when they know that the wholesale price of goods have reduced.

I'm sure you understand when the inflation rate drops it means the rate at which inflation increases has dropped.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by maclatunji: 8:17am On May 17, 2017
frenchwine:

This right here tells a true picture of the state of our economy.
From single digit rates , it galloped to near gross value and then it begins a very very careful descent.
Anyone who as much as hails this as a government achievement is a rock-bottom mor0n. Prolly still sucking mummy's breaStS.

And you that are smart failed to factor in the foundation of our problems. We squandered our highest revenues ever under GEJ and were left broke when the price of oil crashed when this government came in.

No need to argue, just go and throw your salary away and see whether you will be balanced financially in the coming month or months.

After that come and argue with me.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by ibrah04(m): 8:18am On May 17, 2017
The manner at which an average Nigeria thinks amazes me sometime, the bad we commoners do to our economy is more than those perpetuated by the the so called elites.For example A crate of egg is now #850 which sold for almost #1200 a month ago, yet some people are saying they have not felt the decline in inflation.
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by ephi123(f): 8:19am On May 17, 2017

According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), inflation rate dropped to 17.24 percent (year-on-year) in April, declining by 0.02 percent from the figures recorded in March 2017, TheCable.ng reports.

Like seriously, is this meant to be a joke?!

Meanwhile inflation still in double digits is nothing to be proud of. The UK today has a rate of 2.7% and yet they won't let their government hear word. We are here talking about a decline of 0.02%
What a shame
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by seguno2: 8:19am On May 17, 2017
Jilo83:
We are getting there...

Abeg where are we getting to?
Prices at 29 May 2015?
When are we getting there?
29 May 2019?
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by Nobody: 8:22am On May 17, 2017
pinkcottoncandy:

The same people that said it increased and you believed are now saying it's decreasing yet you doubting them.

What kind of fishbrain are you?
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by ephi123(f): 8:24am On May 17, 2017
frenchwine:

This right here tells a true picture of the state of our economy.
From single digit rates , it galloped to near gross value and then it begins a very very careful descent.
Anyone who as much as hails this as a government achievement is a rock-bottom mor0n
. Prolly still sucking mummy's breaStS.

Exactly the point. A decline of 0.02% and rate still over 17%

Meaning N1000 last year now worth N830, and this is being celebrated?

Mediocrity will not kill us in Nigeria hopefully.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by pinkcottoncandy: 8:33am On May 17, 2017
Bluetooth2:

The same people that said it increased and you believed are now saying it's decreasing yet you doubting them.

What kind of fishbrain are you?

You are the fishbrain....so it is really true that you think thru your anus.....chaii

So you need metrics to tell you that rice has increased from 5k to 20k

i doubt you know the true meaning of inflation.....

common go back to school....mumu!!
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by pinkcottoncandy: 8:41am On May 17, 2017
checkolatunji:

But when dey told us it was high did you ask which metrics dey use to measure it?

Hypocrisy at its best

If you think I am a hypocrite then i sorry for you...

You are one of the men that SIMPLY DON'T THINK"

I did not wait for them to tell me that the price of bag rice or garri has significantly increased and is showing no sign of coming down.

Take some time out and get your head off your ass so you that your brain can function as God made it to!!
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by kevoh(m): 8:41am On May 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This statistics is false ...Anyone that still has money to to household shopping will know that prices are still on the rise ..I drink a lot of Sans cream Soda which last week was 110 naira a piece but this week is no 130 ..The price of Eggs is still on a gradual rise
Egg moved from N35 to N50 over here ever since recession, even for egg that is as small as lizard egg sef it's still N50. Nothing has really reduced...

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by giles14(m): 8:57am On May 17, 2017
TheHerald:
After 15 months on the rise, the consumer price index (CPI) which measures inflation rate in the Nigerian economy has been on the decline, dropping for the third consecutive month.

According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), inflation rate dropped to 17.24 percent (year-on-year) in April, declining by 0.02 percent from the figures recorded in March 2017, TheCable.ng reports.

“This is the third consecutive month of a decline in the headline CPI rate, exhibiting effects of some easing in already high food and non-food prices, as well as favourable base effects over 2016 prices,” NBS said via its inflation report for April 2017.

“Increases were recorded in all COICOP divisions that yield the Headline Index.The top items to have recorded the highest year on year increases across all the divisions were Solid Fuels, Bread and Cereals, Meat, Liquid Fuels, Clothing materials, other articles of clothing and clothing accessories, and Fish.”

On a month-on-month basis, the headline index increased by 1.60 percent in April 2017, 0.12 percent points lower than the rate recorded in March.

On this basis, the highest rise in prices was dominated by food items including coffee, tea and cocoa, potato, yam and tubers, bread and cereals, milk cheese and eggs and meat and fish.

President Muhammadu Buhari’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) aims to see inflation cut to about 15 percent by the end of 2017.

http://www.herald.ng/inflation-rate-drops-third-consecutive-month/
fake statistics.
just bought I mudu of rice #600 up from #550
pls NBS stop deceiving Nigerians
Re: Inflation Rate Drops For The Third Consecutive Month by emmaitive(m): 9:03am On May 17, 2017
Abeg for wea e drop make i know...becos last tym i cheked price of tins remain dsame even goin higher..dis govmnt sef tryin by all means to impress knowing fully well dt dey have failed woefully..dea s God sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dont Depend On Salary Alone, Learn How To Create Another Income Stream: ! / Igbos And Hausas Who Are Richer / Peace Mass Transit: No Glory Without A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.