Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen (62728 Views)

Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time / A Reply To Roberts Lindsay's Assessment Of Nigerians​.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Sanchez01: 6:38am On May 17, 2017
I felt I was bleeding reading through the piece and the comments. Yes, so many Nigerians have this weird attitude that could be distasteful and disgusting, but that does not imply that there are good folks in the county.

The piece chose to channel its strength into what it believes to be the negatives and likely problems plaguing us as a people. My grouse is with the so-called Nigerian who claimed money means everything to us. This is not true. Perhaps he generalized using a divide. All the same, it's nothing but stereotype.

The article reeks of hasty generalization, which pains me the most.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by beautygboel(f): 7:09am On May 17, 2017
Nigeria is corrupt we agreed. Before you remove log in someone's eyes check yours. show me a country free from corruption and I will show someone worst than a Nigerian.

We are bad, why are they flooding our country to do business? The other day I ran into a retail shop completely run by China men, I was like arg, what are this people doing here.

We are bad, most of our home video teaches Love but the so call foreign movies we see are all massive crime, killing, robbery, Internet theft, just mention it. It makes me wonder what kind of message are this people passing?

From my understanding everything bad we do in Nigeria we learnt from them because we copy everything from the white, name style, dressing, language, style, culture, evening the so white wedding that we Nigeria cannot do without again is not our culture.

Which people started Internet theft, where did the Nigeria learn to steal and use masters and visa card, who show us how to defraud people online.

We bad I begggg them worst. I love Nigeria God bless Nigeria, I don't tolerate anybody bad mouth my people. #ProudNigerian

14 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Frankgenius213: 7:14am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:
Ricardo also commented this:

what's d name of the blog u got this from?Nigerians reputation is gone am telling u

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by fratermathy(m): 7:25am On May 17, 2017
Frankgenius213:

what's d name of the blog u got this from?Nigerians reputation is gone am telling u

lindsayblog. It's a WordPress blog. Check the initial post to see the source. I was just researching into Nigerian stereotypes when I came across it.

Its so sad that Nigerians have thrown its name to the gutters!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Ishilove: 7:35am On May 17, 2017
Seajae:
Does she have a valid point or just looking for traffic on her blog?
Does she hate Nigeria, West Africa or the whole African continent? She gotta make up her darn mind.
Very incoherent gibberish cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Efewestern: 7:44am On May 17, 2017
beautygboel:
Nigeria is corrupt we agreed. Before you remove log in someone's eyes check yours. show me a country free from corruption and I will show someone worst than a Nigerian.

We are bad, why are they flooding our country to do business? The other day I ran into a retail shop completely run by China men, I was like arg, what are this people doing here.

We are bad, most of our home video teaches Love but the so call foreign movies we see are all massive crime, killing, robbery, Internet theft, just mention it. It makes me wonder what kind of message are this people passing?

From my understanding everything bad we do in Nigeria we learnt from them because we copy everything from the white, name style, dressing, language, style, culture, evening the so white wedding that we Nigeria cannot do without again is not our culture.

Which people started Internet theft, where did the Nigeria learn to steal and use masters and visa card, who show us how to defraud people online.

We bad I begggg them worst. I love Nigeria God bless Nigeria, I don't tolerate anybody bad mouth my people. #ProudNigerian

comment like this is the reason the country is still in this pitiable state.

so because few whites did internet Fraud all Nigerian youth should engage in such, what nonsense.. why can't we copy other good things?, I don't see Nigeria developing in the next 100yrs, we are stuck in this mess together, we better sanitize the society instead of justifying criminals action.

That's y most youth celebrate corrupt politicians..

and yes am proud of my country.. grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Seajae: 7:50am On May 17, 2017
Ishilove:

Very incoherent gibberish cheesy
I'm telling you smiley
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Smith16(m): 8:00am On May 17, 2017
Painful but everything you mentioned is true,The question is what is the way forward to create a better nigerian??

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by MajorGomwalk(m): 8:08am On May 17, 2017
Pls shut up and stop misinforming people and fooling yourself here. Ponzi was an Italian who did fraudulent businesses in America and got deported after serving time in jail. Try making your point without bias and falsehood for once.

konfused:
That Blogger is a fool. A big fool, I wonder the type of things that come out of their mouth, so almost 180 million individuals are scammers and all Americans are saints. The worst is when fellow Nigerians support such trash. Americans have he highest rate of con artist in this word. Ponzi is actually the name of an American Banker......imagine the level of scam you must have done for a scam to be named after you,. Nigerians re learners where Indians and Russians are when it comes to scam.

I have been scammed by a Macedonian before but that wont make me to label them all as scammers.

Bunch of racist umu ndi ara

16 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by remedick: 9:00am On May 17, 2017
mydavidorf:
she is entitled to her own view.meanwhile,we are not looking for people who like niigeria.we need people who can bring about a radical change in the system.
how many Nigerians are ready for such radical changes? The only problem I have with what is written there is the generalisation, but for a fact, they are telling the truth.

We are corrupt. Even the none corrupt and becoming corrupt as well.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 9:02am On May 17, 2017
Smith16:
Painful but everything you mentioned is true,The question is what is the way forward to create a better nigerian??
in nigeria...hardwork hardly pays, like someone rightly said the country is founded on ethnicity, nepotism and religion, no room for excellence, take a look at how people get employed in govt parastatals at all levels, with the exception of a lucky few just to keep things going, its strictly by "who you know" with minimal regard for competence, come to political offices, its same story and who is going to make it different?certainly not the ones who got in there by the same corrupt system in the first place, how do you expect a saraki whos family defrauded kwara state through societe generale bank to make laws fighting corruption? it is something like a national cult, obasanjos son was getting married same time as ibbs daughter but where did they all gather?same ibb in whose time corruption and fraud became a national theme, and in same week a certain dino, who somehow managed to graduate despite failing to meet the requirements launching his book on "anti-corruption" with pej who never had a decent source of income in her life but boasts of millions of dollars in her bank account as a special guest of "honour", recently a governor who said meningitis is a result of fornication was fingered in a $3M fraud, same gov who was about to be impeached for diverting bail out funds by his state legistive till the daura secret service stepped in and hounded them to abuja while the rest fled to kaduna for refuge, what corruption are we fighting really?
well maybe one day when govt takes our economy and future serious we would have sound educational institutions like havard and oxford and the wealthy and politicians wouldnt need so send their wards abroad, maybe one day when we realise meningitis isnt a curse from the gods we would have enough quality health care centres for both the rich and the not so rich, maybe one day when criminals are no longer employed in law enforcement agencies we would have a secured society, maybe one day when the judiciary realise it is the third arm of govt and not a tool for the executive or otherwise there would be no more sacred cows in the society, just maybe one day the youth would put aside their differences no matter how big and understand they and their future unborn generations are being enslaved in poverty and backwardness by those who thrive on corruption and nepotism, and eventually stand by those genuinely interested in the good of the common man, till then its no country for gentlemen...

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by remedick: 9:04am On May 17, 2017
fallout87:
Why won't they say this? Since of these are racists who hate anything that isn't white, but some are saying the truth.

I was attacked in a thread for saying an Igbo woman shouldn't make fake gucci and versace shoes. They were mad at me because to them it is okay to make bootleg items.

With trash like that why wouldn't Nigeria be backward.

It will surprise you how many Americans make knockoffs to riches. That isn't the problem, but also the mindset of the Nigerians. The maker of what you condemn is only presenting what people WANT. You are not a business person and I don't expect you to understand.

How many made in Nigerian products have "made in Nigeria" stamped on them? Ever thought that and ask yourself why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by fratermathy(m): 9:29am On May 17, 2017
spako4:
Saraki you see yourself

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by harizonal123(m): 9:48am On May 17, 2017
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Earthrealmlord: 9:48am On May 17, 2017
This RACIST is just trying hard to paint Nigerians bad with his disjointed Lies.

Less than than 40% of Nigerians have access to the internet , of which only 10% have access to broad band internet.
Another study shows that less than 5% of the total population of Nigerians at one time or the other have used the
international recognised site like Amazon, Ebay or Ali Express.
It is an established fact that most Nigerians use their internet for social media.
Why generalize most nigerians by saying 2 out of 100??

Most Nigerians, I repeat Most Nigerians are GOOD and God Fearing.

This Tribal bigot and conspiracy theorist generalizing the whole west/east African countries because
of the crime committed by less than 1% of its entire population needs to see a psychiatrist.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Smart41(m): 9:52am On May 17, 2017
we no like u sef angry angry
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 9:53am On May 17, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by spako4(m): 9:54am On May 17, 2017
Saraki you see yourself
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 9:55am On May 17, 2017
China and Russians scam more than anybody in the world
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by verygudbadguy(m): 9:56am On May 17, 2017
Few people destroying the reputation of about 180 million others...

God dey. Almost every family has one or two amongst them.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by yamendiva(f): 9:57am On May 17, 2017
shocked shocked shocked..... Hehehe
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Afam4eva(m): 9:57am On May 17, 2017
Before we come for the writer's head, we should ask ourselves if he/she is right. I think to a large extent, the writer is right. Majority of Nigerians are criminals without them even knowing. They only think people who rob banks and scam people directly are criminals. If you've ever paid or received bribe implicitly or explicitly, you're a criminal.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by sod09(m): 9:58am On May 17, 2017
sadly she's right after all... sad sad sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 9:59am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:
This post was made by a citizen of the US in his blog. I was really disturbed by it and thought to share here to see reactions. I'll also post some of the disturbing comments I saw. Please take your time to read it and comment on what you think. I have also boldened some of the important parts of the post.

Source: https://robertlindsay./2015/06/03/why-i-dont-like-nigerians/
I'm ashamed of being nigerian. They'd soon come here shouting "Racism!" Stupid people, thieves.
I was in the bar yesterday and overheard 3 boys boasting of a successful scam. Everyone, yes every single nigerian, desperate and evil. They would do anything for money.
Nigerians are so shameless, everything written up there is correct. Even the "begging for money" stuff. We see them parading nairaland everyday displaying their shameless begging proclivities. The other day, it was a Nigerian that went to Richard Quest's twitter page begging for 500 dollars. Just imagine.
Enter american forums, you'd be seeing stuffs like "call (+234..)" Nigeria numbers full there looking for who to scam.
I wish i could strip myself and my kids off this Nigerian nationality.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:00am On May 17, 2017
'People say if you walk into cyber cafe'.......Them say ,them say..Did you see it with your eyes?C'mon ,Get Lost,you lack logistics! Whypipo and their high key racist bullshit
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:01am On May 17, 2017
In falz's voice, Is our workiooo...

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ocheejemb: 10:01am On May 17, 2017
No one will ever make a thread talking about how he loves Nigerians, how some of us are honest andd hardworking doctors, nurses, engineers, accountants, lawyers, bus drivers, business analysts, shop floor workers, just regular people doing their regular jobs. The bad always gets amplified over the good.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Onliie(m): 10:01am On May 17, 2017
I don't like Nigerians too

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:01am On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

I think its a "he". I also think this was informed by racism and hate more than anything else. There are too many generalisations. There are bad eggs in Nigeria, no doubts about that, but to say ALL NIGERIANS are like that? That's an overstretching of falsity!
The bad eggs are more than the good. Thats lindsay's point.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by dalaman: 10:02am On May 17, 2017
sunnysunny69:
this is a hateful interview, shame on her.

It is not. Most Nigerians are scammers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 10:03am On May 17, 2017
So true, every point stated in here, so true...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by enimooko: 10:04am On May 17, 2017
Let Lindsay tell Americans stop hiding proceeds of of stolen monies. Arrest their governor of CBN for allowing such slush funds to Stay one day in their economy.
Ask Switzerland to stop their fraudulent banking and OR allow third world countries to do the same.

I don't care a white thief is same as a black thief.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Woman Stripped Unclad For Stealing Handbag. Photos / Yahoo Boy Tries To Pluck Out His Mother's Eyes For Rituals In Delta (Pics) / Kidnappers Kill Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.