Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know (24968 Views)

5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 / 4 Side Hustle That Will Help You Say Good Bye To 8 - 5 Job Or Help You Earn Bett / 5 Job Hunting Myths Debunked - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by BiafranBushBoy: 8:44am On May 17, 2017
What are those 5 job secrets they will never tell you? Have you ever wondered while some people are getting and changing jobs with ease, while the others are still at home tapping from other people’s blessings? I bet you don’t know.

Or you are probably wondering how some people change jobs like they own the firms, while others are scared to leave their jobs like a little puppy hiding from the rain. There are some secrets you don’t know and Human Resource Managers is not willing to give it out. Right now I am about to expose all of the secrets and you should be glad you read this article.

Application gets you an Interview, Recommendation gives you the Job

This is what people call “Connection”. Instead of applying endlessly to all job roles on the internet, spend time networking. Applying for a job you are qualified for, might land you an interview but it doesn’t guarantee you the job. All you need is just a recommendation from anyone who is an insider in that firm and BOOOM you have that job! I have worked in three different organizations and two of them came without stress (Recommendation).

There is always that special candidate among the invitees for an Interview

Because of the fact that the above point exists, therefore this point should also be in existence. I remember applying for a job that I was recommended for. Most of them saw me as the underdog as they continued to discuss among themselves. They never knew that I already had a pre-discussion with the man that was to interview us, and the reason for me being with them was just to show face.

You see a large number of people who are waiting for that interview; there is someone who knows that he has the job already. You might ask yourself “So why the need to conduct the interview?”

It is because they want to know if there is someone who is actually far better than the “Special” candidate. Once all of you perform within the same range in the interview, the candidate is chosen with ease.

The person with an extra skill gets the Job

When next you are invited for an interview, always ask yourself “What can I offer aside from my job role?” Don’t bother thinking about “Team Player, Numerical skills, Analytical skills.” All those are jack and bull skills.

Companies are looking to cut down on labor cost, and they are willing to hire someone who possesses various skills in his armory. If can’t answer the above question, no need hoping and waiting when they tell you “We will get back to you.” I hope you have known this job secret

Candidates with ICT certifications are considered first

It might sound like the normal witty washy story you have always heard but I bet you’ve never thought about it. Certifications like PMP, ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, SAGE, Advanced Excel, MOS, and IC3 makes you look like a professional.

If you are banking that your BSc is your best shot, then I guess that you might keep waiting to feed on the crumbs that the big players will leave for you.

Bill Gates said, “Technology won’t replace Jobs; People with ICT skills will replace those without ICT skills.” When next they are firing the cashiers and customer service guys in a bank, ask why they haven’t fired the ICT gurus working as backroom staff of that same bank.

Some Job sectors don’t value your B.Sc. Result

Ever wondered why ICT experts change jobs with ease? It is because they are problem solvers in any organization. Without them, an organization can’t survive. Can you imagine a Bank without an ATM? or you can imagine a bank that can’t solve cash dispensing error?

The truth is that most ICT experts prefer working for themselves than working for any organization, which makes the demand for ICT experts greater than the supply of experts they get. All they need is your certification that shows you have passed through the learning stage process and your ability to do what you have learned.

Now that you have known all these, what will you do with the information? Stop imagining and take Actions

What do you think guys?

Like our Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/topwritersden

Source: http://topwritersden.com/5-job-secrets-hrs-dont-want-know/

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by opeyemiieblog(m): 8:52am On May 17, 2017
this is so true..... nice one

3 Likes

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by iihtlagos: 9:06am On May 17, 2017
Nice piece. I am no HR, so I can't say if it is true. But one thing I know...

Graduates to fill up some exciting slots are not there.

I see a single Cisco voice consultant handling plenty of contracts and even reject some.

I see a Multimedia freelancer who even rejects some job just because he doesn't have enough time.

But yet I see people come online and beg for "Just A Job", and I wonder what is the problem.

I am baffled and I will stop here.

15 Likes

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by ademasta(m): 9:14am On May 17, 2017
This is great.
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Dpredictor(m): 9:15am On May 17, 2017
If there is something true, I think the ICT part is true.

I remember searching for a job for over two years. After I struggled and paid for a course (I won't mention the name), two months after I got a job.

It is not related to what I learnt but I believe it gave me an edge!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Nlevel(m): 9:47am On May 17, 2017
This is awesome...101% true

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Nobody: 11:59am On May 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by sirusX(m): 12:01pm On May 17, 2017
Dpredictor:

I remember searching for a job for over two years. After I struggled and paid for a course (I won't mention the name), two months after I got a job.

Knowledge being hoarded is a waste if not shared

Who knows...you could be lending a helping hand to someone who would appreciate your contribution

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by slimthugchimee(m): 12:01pm On May 17, 2017
Op now that you posted it here, the managers will now see it and start exploiting it >:\
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by okonja(m): 12:02pm On May 17, 2017
cool cool
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 17, 2017
Why wouldn't you mention the name of the course? you don't want other people to possibly get jobs too or is it like a top secret reveal-and- die kinda thing? beats me!

Dpredictor:

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 17, 2017
Dpredictor:

So how does keeping the name of the course you studied to yourself help you or your career? undecided

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by drey08(m): 12:04pm On May 17, 2017
hmm
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Ekakamba: 12:05pm On May 17, 2017
Dpredictor:

Name of course or eye done bee leaf eat. lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by AntiWailer: 12:06pm On May 17, 2017
Now that we have known nko ?
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by AntiWailer: 12:07pm On May 17, 2017
Dpredictor:

Lol.

Attention seeker.

Who cares about the course grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Dottore: 12:07pm On May 17, 2017
Job hunters should always be aware that they can be thrown of other the job anytime with or without notice..
Stop living in another man's dream.

#Entrepreneuristhebest

3 Likes

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 17, 2017
Dpredictor:

You, sir are a joke.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by adeoba2008(m): 12:07pm On May 17, 2017
I still beleive in the ICT aspect of this post. You can check my blog and learn E-Business and Project management for free online. You can inbox me if you need to take any of the exams. Log on to www.crmnigeria.com now

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by ModsWillKillNL: 12:08pm On May 17, 2017
ICT

That was 10 years ago... grin grin grin
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:10pm On May 17, 2017
Have only got a certification in PMP. Looking further to learn other ICT packages.
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by oneda(m): 12:11pm On May 17, 2017
You just told us now grin

In addition to ICT certs, I'll recommend safety certs especially those looking to work in the engineering sector. I am in the Maritime sector and believe you me, here certifications are not something - they are everything. You won't even be employed without your basic safety cert (we call it MANDATORY for a reason.)

2 Likes

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by wayaa007(m): 12:11pm On May 17, 2017
We train on skills and get the certificate, plus degree o HR says, we don't have experience
We have experience and train, and have the certificate, HR says, we cannot afford your salary
We have neither, HR says there's nothing to offer from the candidate.

well, if you have any good job opening, let me know, i am well trained and certified

CCIE | MCSA (Server 12) | MCSE (Private Cloud) | MS-Azure | CEH | O365

3 Likes

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by datola: 12:12pm On May 17, 2017
Correct
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Victornezzar: 12:16pm On May 17, 2017
Dpredictor:

my friend sorry 2 say but ur wicked
y don't u help someone who also needs d name of d course
but u just keep it 2 ur self
people like u need 2 be avoided

12 Likes

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Thermodynamics(m): 12:18pm On May 17, 2017
The ICT is so true, I am currently studying mech engineering and forfeited computer science twice just to study engineering, I got admitted into computer science twice but rejected the admission for mechanical engineering but now, it seems like I should have accepted the computer science admission cus ICT courses are gradually becoming number 1. Engineering in Nigeria is overrated, that's why you find thousands of jambites struggling to be admitted into the faculty of engineering. Ignorance kills....

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by BenZyncla(m): 12:19pm On May 17, 2017
Are you interested in earning good residual income in Real Estate any times you get people that acquire any genuine estate property/land? Many do this aside their regular jobs and earns good 6 digits and millions in such Real Estate residual income even in a single deal. WE ONLY NEED SERIOUS MINDED PEOPLE WHO WANTS TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR SUCCESS IN THIS BUSINESS. The opportunity is not for everyone.

If You Desire Financial Freedom Through Real Estate, Please WhatsApp +2348027390046
OR Drop your WhatsApp number and we'll contact you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Nizguy(m): 12:20pm On May 17, 2017
Dpredictor:

baba Bros nawoah so u stingy like this? God gave u the idea to help others why hiding it? ndi mmadu self

2 Likes

Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 17, 2017
And... Many of the jobs advertised and interviewed for already have been filled grin
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by spankyflex(m): 12:47pm On May 17, 2017
Dpredictor:

why not mention so others can Learn. Its kinda selfish
Re: 5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know by 4rty(f): 12:52pm On May 17, 2017
Dpredictor:

And who do u think is interested in the course u paid for? Hope u r a millionaire now?mtshewwww Pompous and selfish fellow n u know what geharrrrrrrara here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uconnect. Interview Invite!!!!!! / Finally A Job!!! / How To Sell Yourself In A Job Interview: 5 Powerful Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.