Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (9599 Views)

Poll: How do you view Songs of Solomon? As love between:

a man and woman: 74% (40 votes)
God and mankind: 25% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Renz(m): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2010
@ JeSoul,
The title of this thread which u labeled "That Ungodly, Unholy Book in the Bible called Songs of Solomon" is, in a nutshell, ur perception of that book in the Bible. Also i have taken note of your EDIT #2, which you claim not to be against the book, But with regards to the Thread title and your Edit Notes for me it looks like you are holding a two (2) edge sword.

And dont get me wrong, I'm sincerely not comfortable in Spirit with the title of the thread as it is written because in a snap shot of the title it portrays a different message entirely from what you claim to have meant, Hence, if your Idea is the opposite I suggest the title be modified. With reference to the below post:

Abu Zola:

Thank God, the christians are now acknowledging the err, lewdness and aspersion in their holy book. Once again i thank God am a muslim

Always try to make sure that whatever message you are trying to pass across is not misunderstood.

@ No2Atheism,

No2Atheism:

@Renz

- I sincerely think hope you know what you are talking about . . .

- Do you even know the meaning of sarcasm . . . at all.

- The poster was trying to convey a sarcastic message showing the holier than thou attitude of christians towards the Songs of Solomon.

- Yet once again you just showed the same holier than thou attitude that we are talking about . . .

- what gives you the right to claim that someone does not have the Holy Spirit . . .

- Do you yourself have the holy spirit . . .or how dare you accuse Jesoul of such a thing . . .

- Are you trying to tell me that the holy spirit directed you to pass judgement on Jesoul . . .

- Are you trying to tell me that the Holy Spirit directed you to term/consider legitimate highly playful scenariosTM between a man and his wife . . . as a matter of sin.

- Are you trying to tell me that Abraham committed sin by playing with Sarah  . . . (notice i did not say sleep with Sarah . . . I said play with Sarah)

- You do not know her personally hence I take objection to your statement concerning her . . .

- You better apologise to her before I case the Pharasee Spirit out of you . . .

- Did The Creator tell us to pray and fast wen he told man to be fruitful and multiply or was he refering to the fact that highly playful scenariosTM before the knowingTM between a man and his wife, is biblically allowed.

- If you are married, do you pray and fast before highly playful scenariosTM prior to knowingTM your wife . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am disgusted that you have the guts to try to claim a holier than thou attitude towards Jesoul. . . [b]you are lucky I am not Jesoul's husband to be . . . I would have personally gathered a group of highly dedicated prayer warriors to bind and loose that Pharasee spirit out of you . . .  angry[/b]

----------------------------------------------

@selencious @guyzmat

Please take note of my above ranting or else you are next . . .

Your entire post above looks like Politics, dont use me as a stepping stone to express your concern to the person in question.
I dont see any reason why u should speak on behalf of JeSoul as she do understand my point and the reason for my provocation and simply referred me to the former.

Hence, I overlook whatever you have posted above and will not respond to your post on this one. I will just deal with the poster, Thank you all the same.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by No2Atheism(m): 10:36am On Jan 15, 2010
Renz:

@ JeSoul,
The title of this thread which u labeled "That Ungodly, Unholy Book in the Bible called Songs of Solomon" is, in a nutshell, your perception of that book in the Bible. Also i have taken note of your EDIT #2, which you claim not to be against the book, But with regards to the Thread title and your Edit Notes for me it looks like you are holding a two (2) edge sword.

And dont get me wrong, I'm sincerely not comfortable in Spirit with the title of the thread as it is written because in a snap shot of the title it portrays a different message entirely from what you claim to have meant, Hence, if your Idea is the opposite I suggest the title be modified. With reference to the below post:

Always try to make sure that whatever message you are trying to pass across is not misunderstood.

@ No2Atheism,

Your entire post above looks like Politics, dont use me as a stepping stone to express your concern to the person in question.
I dont see any reason why u should speak on behalf of JeSoul as she do understand my point and the reason for my provocation and simply referred me to the former.

Hence, I overlook whatever you have posted above and will not respond to your post on this one. I will just deal with the poster, Thank you all the same.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy . . . do you mean what i think u mean . . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

- The bottomline is I think your post as regards Jesoul is defamatory . . .

- I know her personally, hence I know enough to know that your post as regards her is defamatory. . .

- If you take time to go through the thread you would see that your post which i responded to . . . is inappropriate . . .

- Do more research about Jesoul . . . then ask her whether i am just a faceless nairaland user

- Once again there are jokes and sarcasm inherent in my statements and jesouls. . .

- Please know more about people before making defamatory post . . .

- If i am outrightly violent against you . . .would i be talking about casting out the Pharasee Spirit . . . . . .

I dont see any reason why u should speak on behalf of JeSoul

I am speaking on her behalf because I know her outside of nairaland.

----------------------------------

I apologise for any insulting statements I made towards you . . . please accept my apologies . . . 

----------------------------------

Welcome to nairaland . . .
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by dernzyman: 11:55am On Jan 15, 2010
The songs of Solomon is part of the Bible,but there are certain things to note before concluding on whether it is godly or ungodly.Well every one knows that the love from God is genuine,but let us Examine the follwing TWO QUESTIONS;

--DOES GOD DISAGREE TO THE LOVE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN?
If God doesn't agree to love between a man and a woman then every Christian should be unhappy in their marital homes today embarassed.And if it happens that they love their wives and tell them love poems,it implies that they are sinning.It also entails that Adam did not love Eve as such he had no choice but to take Eve since God was the one who handed Eve to him in person cry.It therefor means that to engage a girl without the love for that girl is correct for we have no choice but to follow Gods rule(we all know that it is cruel to do such a thing).If the above be the case then God must be imposing rules and if God imposes rules implies there exist no genuine love from God.DO YOU BUY THIS IDEA?

--IS THE BIBLE UNHOLY?
To be Holy is to be without sin and godly .If the Songs of Solomon is ungodly then it implies that the Bible is unholy as such every preacher who says the Bible is holy is telling a lie, and to lie is sin.

SO YOU CAN'T BELIEVE THE ABOVE AND SAY GOD HAS GENUINE LOVE FOR MANKIND OR SAY THAT THE BIBLE IS HOLY.MANY PEOPLE TODAY AS WELL AS CHRISTIANS AND PASTORS TAKE THEIR GUILT AND ATTRIBUTE TO SOMETHING HOLY AND PURE.NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN THE BIBLE WITHOUT STUDYING IT AND OBEYING GOD.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by No2Atheism(m): 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2010
Mavenb0x:

@No2Atheism: Hey I didn't mean to be nasty, and I'm really sorry. Below is some really good stuff right here, bro.

http://www.joshharris.com/2007/02/feeding_the_flesh.php

In view of some of your above posts, I think you will also find these useful.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/series/Purity

or, if you prefer to check out the messages one by one,

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2831357-WisdomGuided_Sexuality
God calls Christians to pay close attention to God's truth about sex.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671290-The_Truth_About_Temptation
Joshua Harris teaches on a passage that helps us understand how to think about temptation in light of the real temptations the Corinthians faced and in light of our freedoms as believers in Christ.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671297-Holiness_and_Media
Joshua Harris teaches us four things that holiness requires as it specifically relates to our cultures emphasis on TV and movies.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671300-Resisting_Lust
Joshua Harris continues the series on purity and leads us in considering how lust deceives us and how we can learn to resist it.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671296-Pressing_on_in_Holiness
In the final message in our Purity series, Joshua Harris considers further reasons for pressing into holiness: for God's glory, fellow Christians, and the lost.

I also recommend Joshua Harris' really wonderful books: I Kissed Dating Goodbye, Sex is not the Problem (Lust is) and Boy meets Girl.

- shocked . . . wonderful sermons . . . thanks

- I think I need to brainwash myself with those sermons . . .
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by JeSoul(f): 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
No2A lol 'ppreciate the defense bro.

Renz:

@ JeSoul,
The title of this thread which u labeled "That Ungodly, Unholy Book in the Bible called Songs of Solomon" is, in a nutshell, your perception of that book in the Bible. Also i have taken note of your EDIT #2, which you claim not to be against the book, But with regards to the Thread title and your Edit Notes for me it looks like you are holding a two (2) edge sword.

And dont get me wrong, I'm sincerely not comfortable in Spirit with the title of the thread as it is written because in a snap shot of the title it portrays a different message entirely from what you claim to have meant, Hence, if your Idea is the opposite I suggest the title be modified.
  Lol, I told you what I meant, I took the trouble to highlight what I meant, even my words in the original post and subsequent posts clearly show what I meant - but yet you want to still insist I meant something elsesmiley  Well, you're certainly entitled to insist what you will. No wahala at all.

I knew some people would not get the sarcasm and play on words but this many?  grin
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Fant(m): 7:35am On Jan 17, 2010
This topic is good. I just want guys to know this: The songs of solomon can never be said to be unholy, this is because nothing in the bible is unholy. Every scripture is given by the inspiration of God and it is profitable {2Tim 3:16}. So the SOS is simply showing the love of God for mankind and the extent to which our love should be for God. But judging by the letters, it is simply Solomon's love poetry but the true meaning of any scripture in the bible is not gotten by the ordinary words therein but by the spirit {2cor 3:6} and this spirit is only available to those who study the bible in righteousness because the bible is the Word of God and being the Word of God, it is the spirit of God {john 6:63} and only a Godly person can have the spirit of God. THINK ON THESE THINGS,
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by na2day2(m): 8:56am On Jan 17, 2010
Mavenb0x:

@na2day: LOL na2day? Your name is so apt in this case. I have never met you, so to speak, so how can I tell that?

how can u tell? look into my eyes and see if u dont see true true christian written in it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

JeSoul:

Na2day, my brother I dey o jare. How is life? in Florida?  wink there is a new vid, the guitar and the slavery one - saw those?

florida ke? i no dey florida ooo, na Texas i dey ooo. will check those new videos wink wink wink
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by temiiii(m): 2:02am On Jan 18, 2010
Song of solomon is one of the best books in the bible simply because no other book aptly describes Gods love to mankind allegorically as SOS. so please the eroneous belief that it is ungodly and unholy should be discarded. it takes an eye of understanding with the spirit of God to fully comprehend what this precious book of the bible hs to offer,
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by adeniyi334: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2010
Hmm, I used to use this book to toast girls in my earlier years. God Forgive Me.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by AbuZola3(m): 12:17am On Feb 06, 2010
adeniyi334:

Hmm, I used to use this book to toast girls in my earlier years. God Forgive Me.

hahahahahahahahahh Holy Bible indeed lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by AbuZola3(m): 9:29pm On Feb 11, 2010
Yawn
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2010
Even if the apostles were yahoo boys there would always be ways to explain it. Where is davidylan these days anyways?
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 11, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Even if the apostles were yahoo boys there would always be ways to explain it. Where is davidylan these days anyways?

right here bro . . . bored out of my skin at the topics on this section these days.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:20pm On Feb 11, 2010
davidylan:

right here bro . . . bored out of my skin at the topics on this section these days.
that makes the two of us, I am even tired of playing basket mouth here. Hope you are good.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 11, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

that makes the two of us, I am even tired of playing basket mouth here. Hope you are good.

thaks. I'm good and i'm sure you're having a good time.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by AbuZola3(m): 12:28am On Feb 12, 2010
Hmmm. Yahoo yahoo boiz
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by monday1962(m): 7:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
I have this to tell you, You need to pray for God's guidance and help for the hearth of understanding the nest time you are to read the song of Solomon. Reason is you lack the wisdom of God in you to understand what Solomon is talking about. Look at it from this angle, we are told that Solomon is the most blessed in wisdom and spirituality than any man. Are try to say you are wiser now? To fault him? Solomon in his glory was greater in every way than you can imagine. And he was accepted by God. you want to question God? You see, here is the truth the man Solomon knows and fear God, the one that can not be deceived by anyone, he respect God and being bless beyond your imagination, Solomon spoke to God in many ways in a tongues very easy for people like us can easily misunderstand.
Go pray and read, you will be touch with your findings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? / Pope Francis Speaks On ‘Frequent Kidnappings’ In Nigeria / Proliferation Of Churches: A Need Or Nuisance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.