Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) (53310 Views)

Court Remands Mompha In Prison Custody Over N33 Billion Fraud / ‘Whistleblowers’ Spoil Day For Motorcycle Robbers In Ogun State. Photo / Female NYSC Member Arrested And Remanded In Custody For Fraud. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 17, 2017
i nee to go get my own whistle.
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by midehi2(f): 5:20pm On May 17, 2017
zanga420:
truth is one day people will start using whistle blowing to tarnish others image.
What of when whom whistle is blown on can bribe his way out or belongs to the powers that be? Obviously it'll not see the light of the day and the whistle blowers might be in trouble.
What of if the corrupt fellow get tip off before hand that whistle has been blown on him and relocate the the target. All these are also to be looked at.
Besides two guys reported about this, don't you think it needs proper investigation? It's well
exactly my point
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by bionixs: 5:25pm On May 17, 2017
aminulive:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 arraigned the duo of Buhari Fannami and Ba-Kura Abdullahi on two separate one-count charges before Justice M. T Salihu of the Federal High Court Maiduguri, for allegedly giving false information to the agency under the whistleblowing policy.

Fannamit had misled the EFCC with the information about illegally acquired monies purportedly buried at the residence of one Ba’a Lawan but the information turned out to be false after the execution of a search warrant.

The charges read:

“That you, Buhari Fannami on or about the 8th day of May, 2017 at Maiduguri, Borno State, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, did make statement to Officers of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission under the Whistle Blowing policy to the effect that large sums of money being the proceeds of crime were buried in the residence Ba’a Lawan at Pompomari Layout along Pompomari Bypass, Maiduguri which information/statement you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under sections 39 (2) (a) and 39 (2) (b) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Establishment) Act 2004 respectively”.

The accused person pleaded not guilty to the charge. Counsel for the prosecution Alkassim Ja’afar asked for a trial date and prayed the court to remand the accused person in the prison custody pending trial.
Justice Salihu adjourned the matter to June 7 and 8, 2017 for hearing and ordered the accused to be remanded in the prison custody.

On his part, Ba-Kura Abdullahi also gave false information to the effect that large sum of money in naira and foreign currencies were buried in the residence of Ba’a Lawan.

Justice Salihu adjourned his case to June 7 and 8, 2017 for a commencement of trial and ordered the accused to be remanded in the prison custody.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/05/17/whistleblowers-remanded-prison-custody-giving-false-information/
even if the pipiro blowing goes wrong,is this how Dss or Efcc take expose the blower to be wasted by the blowees?
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by CharlotteFlair: 5:35pm On May 17, 2017
midehi2:
cheesy cheesy

but wait oo, don't you think they can corrupt this whistle blowing thing, the accused person can easily bribe his way out, no be naija we dey undecided
Bribe Efcc? I thought Magu was a saint?
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by jwart(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2017
I comment my reserves
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by wildrose21(m): 5:58pm On May 17, 2017
Something like... 'Today I was so bored. I saw an ant in my kitchen and I placed a cube of sugar in front of her. She had some and went to tell her friends. I quickly hid the cube of sugar because I wanted them to think she is a liar'.
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by Stanleyville(m): 6:39pm On May 17, 2017
because of 10%....

Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by klax(m): 6:41pm On May 17, 2017
I have said this over and over how can a poor jobless man will be so busy blowing whittle on a rich in swear the poor guy will die in prison this is it again.

Blow whittle and go to jail or your entire famIly pay the prize. Nigeria is not a country you can do such whittle blowing madness and will not be in trouble.

Warning to the jobless ones I repeat blow the whistle and go to jail.
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by ajailer(m): 6:42pm On May 17, 2017
[quote author=yourexcellency post=56609414]Sure these are the guys that directed EFCC to Badeh's house and one of their operatives got stuck in septic tank yet found nothing. 10 years imprisonment for them. Some of these whistleblowers give false information just to blackmail others

Surely u must be one of those polithiefian machines otherwise you won't talk like this. I only blame those efcc operatives cause they were the ones that failed to fully carry out their findings before entering Badeh's house. I know Badeh is not innocent as they won't just dare entering such a so called big man house like that. Badeh knew they were coming so he had already prepared himself by making sure nothing incriminating is around his house.
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 17, 2017
Abeg o,me sef dey find whistle right lefte centre
I want to blow whistle for wetin dey happen for one house for my area,if I talk am here I no go get money
Efcc sef suppose dey distribute free whistle .d one wey did guy get na shinko whistle grin grin grin grin
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by Zulu212: 6:56pm On May 17, 2017
Anything Buari is bad luck
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by Nogodyej: 8:23pm On May 17, 2017
EFCC NO SERIOUS, HOW OTHERS GO TAKE COME OUT NOW?
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by godquality: 8:27pm On May 17, 2017
yourexcellency:
Sure these are the guys that directed EFCC to Badeh's house and one of their operatives got stuck in septic tank yet found nothing. 10 years imprisonment for them. Some of these whistleblowers give false information just to blackmail others

or someone in efcc tipped of the person b4 the raid was carried out. How can one even prove that the information given was actually false. That will be a tough one for the court because unless they admit it the state will need to prove malice on their part.

1 Like

Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by Fawklicant: 8:29pm On May 17, 2017
Snitch niggaz! I got no love for a snitch.
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by mechanics(m): 8:41pm On May 17, 2017
Eyah, they want to get rich na.
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by enjoy1100: 8:55pm On May 17, 2017
Snitch undecided
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by Ajewealth123(m): 10:18pm On May 17, 2017
I no fit laugh o,see their heads,dem self wan upgrade
Let them collect their 5% and upgrade in kirikiri

Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by Daddybright1986(m): 10:50pm On May 17, 2017
I love reading people's comments I just can't help myself. It's like an addiction. So in honor of those comments that I have read, I have decided to write my own comment. And it's all for you. I hope you enjoy reading my comment as much as I have enjoyed writing it. It's not an interesting comment, but I'm pretty certain you have read the comment up to this point, so you may as well just keep reading right down to the end. And also thank me for wasting your time cause this is very useless
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by simytech: 11:12pm On May 17, 2017
I thought efcc said they will protect the identity of the whitle blower....ah naija
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by kingd91: 12:29am On May 18, 2017
That moment when you check and its an Hausa name...
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by riczy(m): 5:44am On May 18, 2017
maj007:
Amebo gone wrong.

I hope this won't discourage people with genuine info from coming forward.

And the publicity being given to this is not healthy for the anti-corruption war at all.
y shud it,d issue at hand is give correct information n nt a false one!
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by barinedan(m): 8:11am On May 18, 2017
At least they have received their five percent share, congrat to them, foolish fools
Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by timilehin95(m): 11:26am On May 18, 2017
U go explain in greek language

Re: Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) by Silvanus122: 2:38am On Dec 01, 2019
HELLO people
I great we'll
There is some one who has a channel called safepay he was saying he is not a scammer and he will never be a scammer he name is Daniel princewill Azubuike his account name and his bank name is zenith Bank he I want to maybe there is some one across with him
He is a real true a scammer or not because I never do business with him but when I confirm it I will help me who know him well
Please if know him well and you have done a business with him
Help me to either he is a scammer or not please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boluwatife Alexine Olorunsola: Missing UNILAG 16-Year-Old Female Student / Robbers Raid Three Banks In Benue, Kill Seven / 2 Nigerian Men Nabbed In A Hotel With Cocaine Enroute Saudi Arabia. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.