Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,134 members, 7,845,766 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Taiye Taiwo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taiye Taiwo (849 Views)

Taiye Taiwo Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today; Check Out His Birthday Cake / Taiye Taiwo And Son In Matching Outfits [photo] / Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taiye Taiwo by hollandis(f): 8:18am On Jan 13, 2010
This boy has no business in the defence line up,it is quite unfortunate that Amodu is not malleable and not a crusader of change.If he was,he could have known that previous goals against Nigeria always had Taiye at the center of things.I remember when we had Amuneke and Babayaro in our squad they performed different roles for the eagles,one was attack minded,the other defensive even though he occasionally scored brilliant goals from set pieces.it is unfortunate that Amodu has the best players and yet cant produce results.My position is that Taiye should play 11 and echiejele 3
Re: Taiye Taiwo by FBS: 8:43am On Jan 13, 2010
Never knew I would say this, but he was ZERO yesterday.
He should be benched for the next match.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by marutimon: 9:32am On Jan 13, 2010
You people are clueless,

He is faultless when he defends and provides a big threat going forward.

None of yesterday's goals were his fault (blaming him for the deflection is silly). It is not the fullback's job to cover center strikers. And Amodu had two DMs to cover for Taiwo when he goes forward. Thats how ALL coaches deal with this. Where were they during the first goal? He never loses out when defending and saved Yobo's and Obinna's backside at least twice yesterday.

Taiwo DOES NOT make NEEDLESS mistakes. Anyone with any Ligue 1 knowledge knows that.

Only in Nigeria would the most classy defender be constantly attacked,
Re: Taiye Taiwo by FBS: 9:41am On Jan 13, 2010
You are more than clueless. Take the stunners off your eyes and then watch the match again.

Can't even believe any sane person will say Taiwo was faultless yesterday? Who is talking about the deflection off his a.s.s?
How many threats did he provide yesterday? NONE!!!
So if he did not provide any threat going forward and he certainly did not defend well, what the bang was he doing on the bleeding pitch? undecided
Re: Taiye Taiwo by yemitide(m): 9:49am On Jan 13, 2010
I am surprised that many people are just realizing Taiwo's defensive frailties.
When we went out of the 2008 ACN against Ghana, wasn't Taiwo the defender that was ballwatching while Agogo was scoring?
In the 2-2 draw against Tunisia, wasn't Taiwo the defender that was beaten for that second goal?

I love watching Taiwo when he goes forward, but his defence is suspect. It might be better to play him on the wing and put someone else with a better defensive mindset as a fullback. Our midfield is largely anonymous and moving Taiwo there could simultaneously help the midfield and the defence.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by marutimon: 10:13am On Jan 13, 2010
A suspect defender? No one in France would agree,
Re: Taiye Taiwo by Katsumoto: 1:27pm On Jan 13, 2010
I agree that TT should play 11 with Echeijile playing 3. This is not based on yesterday's game because TT was one of our better players. I think he is quite suspect at the back. But picking on TT alone is not enough; Yobo has been at fault for most of the goals conceded by the Eagles yet he remains in defence.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by marutimon: 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
Katsumoto: I saw him make several well placed tackles and no one can get past him in the French league. He has actually made a name for himself for being unpassable. That said they don't let him venture up front too often in Ligue 1.

The problem is sometimes his passing and also the fact that he doesn't backtrack fast enough. That said normally when a left back goes forward then the DM should cover for him as well as the winger. I did not see that happening hence the holes in the defence.

Taiwo was one of the few players that actually posed a threat in the second half. And Kalu really should have at least tested the keeper after Taiwo supplied him with the ball in the first half.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by Katsumoto: 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
marutimon:

Katsumoto: I saw him make several well placed tackles and no one can get past him in the French league. He has actually made a name for himself for being unpassable. That said they don't let him venture up front too often in Ligue 1.

The problem is sometimes his passing and also the fact that he doesn't backtrack fast enough. That said normally when a left back goes forward then the DM should cover for him as well as the winger. I did not see that happening hence the holes in the defence.

Taiwo was one of the few players that actually posed a threat in the second half. And Kalu really should have at least tested the keeper after Taiwo supplied him with the ball in the first half.

You are correct in your analysis. Any good coach that relies on an over-lapping full back will GIVE INSTRUCTIONS to the left or right sided midfielders to cover the full-back. Since we rely on TT to bomb forward, our idiotic coach should be telling Olofinjana and or Etuhu to cover him but he doesnt. Hence it always appears as if the left wing is porous. That was the reason we conceded the second goal against Tunisia.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by GTay(m): 2:09pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ Katsumoto

You're making it sound like these guys (Etuhu, Olofinjana, Mikel) are robots that need to be [b]TOLD [/b]what to do undecided by Amodu!

They are professionals for cryin out loud! This is what they do for a living! Amodu doesnt need to pull out their ears and yell out instructions to them every minute!
Re: Taiye Taiwo by Katsumoto: 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
GTay:

@ Katsumoto

You're making it sound like these guys (Etuhu, Olofinjana, Mikel) are robots that need to be [b]TOLD [/b]what to do undecided by Amodu!

They are professionals for cryin out loud! This is what they do for a living! Amodu doesnt need to pull out their ears and yell out instructions to them every minute!

But thats precisely what good coaches do. Good coaches keep sending instructions to players. In Amodu's case, do you ever see him getting up and belling out instructions? The guy just sits there looking like a slowpoke.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by GTay(m): 2:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
^^^ I agree with you on Amodu's insistence on sitting down on the bench even when the going gets tough! He's simply clueless i.m.o

The guys on Brila FM yesterday completely disagreed on this Standing up issue sad

My conclusion:

Amodu is not respected by the players, hence his standing up or sitting down would amount to nothing to the super chickens

I remembered watching the Inter Milan - Siena Game last saturday and Inter was down 2-3 in the 85th minute!

Mourinho was almost in the pitch, ranting instructions and doing what he does best - putting pressure on the Ref and Linesmen

Minute 88 and Sneijder scores the equliser with an excellent Freekick. What does Sneijder do? Sneijder runs to the bench to hug Mourinho!

What does Mourinho do? Mourinho shakes him and rushes him back to the field telling the players they can still win this. This was 90 Minutes in

What happens next, 91st Minute, Inter Milan scores the winning goal via Samuel 4-3 In Favor of Inter!
Re: Taiye Taiwo by hollandis(f): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
Telling Taiye to play defense and attack is just like telling Amuneke to play 3,Amodu is short of ideas.He has abundant players at his disposal but still he misuses them.Shame on him
Re: Taiye Taiwo by Katsumoto: 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
GTay:

^^^ I agree with you on Amodu's insistence on sitting down on the bench even when the going gets tough! He's simply clueless i.m.o

The guys on Brila FM yesterday completely disagreed on this Standing up issue  sad

My conclusion:

Amodu is not respected by the players, hence his standing up or sitting down would amount to nothing to the super chickens

I remembered watching the Inter Milan - Siena Game last saturday and Inter was down 2-3 in the 85th minute!

Mourinho was almost in the pitch, ranting instructions and doing what he does best - putting pressure on the Ref and Linesmen

Minute 88 and Sneijder scores the equliser with an excellent Freekick. What does Sneijder do? Sneijder runs to the bench to hug Mourinho!

What does Mourinho do? Mourinho shakes him and rushes him back to the field telling the players they can still win this. This was 90 Minutes in

What happens next, 91st Minute, Inter Milan scores the winning goal via Samuel 4-3 In Favor of Inter!

I was actually thinking about this game when I made that comment. Do you know how many times Mourinho yelled at Robben for not Ashley Cole when Cole over-lapped? Amodu is not respected because he does not command respect. He was chosen when he wasn't the best person for the job. The fault lies with Lulu, Galadima, Toro and the other unqualified idiots who want to rule the NFF.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by agitator: 2:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
marutimon:

You people are clueless,

He is faultless when he defends and provides a big threat going forward.

None of yesterday's goals were his fault (blaming him for the deflection is silly). It is not the fullback's job to cover center strikers. And Amodu had two DMs to cover for Taiwo when he goes forward. Thats how ALL coaches deal with this. Where were they during the first goal? He never loses out when defending and saved Yobo's and Obinna's backside at least twice yesterday.

Taiwo DOES NOT make NEEDLESS mistakes. Anyone with any Ligue 1 knowledge knows that.

Even Celestine Babayaro was well known for this style of play and you also have other world class defenders with this same style scoring for their various clubs and countries.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by chidyke77(m): 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2010
Playing Taye in 11 wl nt make sense though he had pace which i never observe before till yesterday and a player that plays at the wing shuld be skillful and able to use both legs. If u play taye at 11,the marker wl be getting d ball from hm coz hs right foot does'nt make a lot of sense to hm and thats where he wl get it wrong by using hs left foot.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by Katsumoto: 4:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
chidyke77:

Playing Taye in 11 wl nt make sense though he had pace which i never observe before till yesterday and a player that plays at the wing shuld be skillful and able to use both legs. If u play taye at 11,the marker wl be getting d ball from hm coz hs right foot does'nt make a lot of sense to hm and thats where he wl get it wrong by using hs left foot.

Wherever did you get that idea that a winger should be able to use both feet? Amuneke could only use his left, Odegbami was right-footed. Messi plays from the right even though he is left-footed. Henry has played on the left virtually his whole career but he is right-footed. In the absence of any gifted left-footers, TT should be able to play 11.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by honeric01(m): 4:49pm On Jan 13, 2010
The best position for TT is 11, ANYTHING different from that is disaster.

We should start looking for another LB apart from Echiejile.

TT is just too slow to track-back, gone were the days he had the strength tracking back (2005), but now he's too heavy to track back as a natural LB.

I watch TT with Marseille most of the time and he does the same thing in his club but the difference is that he's got people who cover for him and Heinze is always there to cover being a natural Left footer.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by 12large: 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
most of you guys here are stupid, how can you suggest taiwo to play 11 just because he has good shot, i will take okoro,worgu in number 11 before considering taiwo and in modern football it is right footer that plays left and left plays right. taye taiwo a potential match winner,freekick taker should be benched for ordinary echijile that has not played 1 game this seaosn u must be mad, we need to start solving our main problem and the wingers is not it, the problem is central defence and creative midfilders, for creative midfilders we have lukman,ibrahim and ekpo so am not scared just good coach will call them for wc, for for central defence am scared i don't know who we have
Re: Taiye Taiwo by efeboy(m): 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
FBS:

Can't even believe any sane person will say Taiwo was faultless yesterday? Who is talking about the deflection off his a.s.s?
How many threats did he provide yesterday? NONE!!!
So if he did not provide any threat going forward and he certainly did not defend well, what the bang was he doing on the bleeding pitch? undecided

I can't believe this is coming from you.

For God's sake everyone that watched that game from a professional point of view should be able to pick Taiye Taiwo as one the best players

on that pitch yesterday.

Infact, the Taiye Taiwo factor has worsened Amodu's case.

Every experienced coach should know how to cover for any adventurous wing or fullback of his with either a CB or DM, Some even use a wide

Midfielder to cover up. Now Amodu could not convince his players to do that simple match winning task.

You said Taiye did not pose any threat to the Egyptians? What of the powerful run he made that resulted in one of the many technique oriented

crosses/passes we will be seeing in this tournament? He gave Kalu Uche that pass, but Kalu could not do what a top class footballer would do with

the ball.

Had it been that Kalu lost possesion instead of shooting wide, and then the Egyptians capitalised on that and launched a counter attack, and they

came through Taiye's wing, found nobody, and scored, would you have blamed Taiye for making the run in the first place?

Please let us not castigate the Guy blindly. The blame should go to Amodu for not knowing how to properly manage the talent he has at his

disposal.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by Katsumoto: 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
efeboy:

For God's sake everyone that watched that game from a professional point of view should be able to pick Taiye Taiwo as one the best players

on that pitch yesterday.

Every experienced coach should know how to cover for any adventurous wing or fullback of his with either a CB or DM, Some even use a wide

Midfielder to cover up. Now Amodu could not convince his players to do that simple match winning task.

You said Taiye did not pose any threat to the Egyptians? What of the powerful run he made that resulted in one of the many technique oriented

crosses/passes we will be seeing in this tournament? He gave Kalu Uche that pass, but Kalu could not do what a top class footballer would do with

the ball.

Had it been that Kalu lost possesion instead of shooting wide, and then the Egyptians capitalised on that and launched a counter attack, and they

came through Taiye's wing, found nobody, and scored, would you have blamed Taiye for making the run in the first place?

Please let us not castigate the Guy blindly. The blame should go to Amodu for not knowing how to properly manage the talent he has at his

disposal.

Thanx
Re: Taiye Taiwo by honeric01(m): 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
efeboy:

on that pitch yesterday.

the ball.

disposal.

Mr man, the havoc he caused yesterday was more than the good stuffs he did, he kept leaving his position vulnerable and if you watch that match very well, you'd see that all the goals came from that left side of the pitch, if you are professional enough, you should have spotted this point.

After Kalu shot wide, why didn't Taiwo cover up before the Egyptians played the resulting goal kick? why did it take him 2 minutes to fall back to his position or are you telling me its justifiable to stay in the half of the Egyptians after the good pull out he made? Every good LB should have the capacity to fall back once the ball is no longer in your possession or don't you know that as a professional football analyst?
Re: Taiye Taiwo by Katsumoto: 8:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
honeric01:

Mr man, the havoc he caused yesterday was more than the good stuffs he did, he kept leaving his position vulnerable and if you watch that match very well, you'd see that all the goals came from that left side of the pitch, if you are professional enough, you should have spotted this point.

The first goal was a long ball through the middle; Yobo was at fault.
The second goal was a shot from 27 yards; Etuhu was the anchor manning the left side of midfield.
Third goal was through the middle as well.

None of the goals was through the left flank.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by honeric01(m): 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

The first goal was a long ball through the middle; Yobo was at fault.
The second goal was a shot from 27 yards; Etuhu was the anchor manning the left side of midfield.
Third goal was through the middle as well.

None of the goals was through the left flank.

LOL, you funny wella, which kind tv you use watch the match?

Build up came from the middle (Al fathi), spotted an empty left side of the pitch, squared the ball to Majeek, no one to cover, Yobo was at the right side, Nwaneri and Taiwo were the 2 mounting the left side, Nwaneri was not there, Taiwo was busy trying to be an 11 thereby leaving the left flank empty. Nwaneri tried to help Taiwo out most of the time.

Second goal also came from the left flank, Nwaneri was covering for Taiwo by taking on Zidan, Zidan spotted Al Fathi, played a  shot pass towards Al Fathi, Taiwo suddenly turned to a 6, was suppose to throw his heavy body at the shot, instead, turning his back at the ball- resulted to a wicked deflection that wanted to render Enyeama cripple.

Third goal was not really his fault but the he was not also present at his normal position, Kanu lost possession, Egypt played a counter attack, SENT THE BALL TO THE LEFT HAND SIDE FOR THE 3RD TIME, Yobo was caught at his blind side, Nwaneri and Taiwo were no where to be found, Nwaneri tried to run back to cover the empty left side, came too late because the Egyptians were already celebrating their third goal before he got there.

So? what says ye? undecided
Re: Taiye Taiwo by Katsumoto: 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
honeric01:

LOL, you funny wella, which kind tv you use watch the match?

Build up came from the middle (Al fathi), spotted an empty left side of the pitch, squared the ball to Majeek, no one to cover, Yobo was at the right side, Nwaneri and Taiwo were the 2 mounting the left side, Nwaneri was not there, Taiwo was busy trying to be an 11 thereby leaving the left flank empty. Nwaneri tried to help Taiwo out most of the time.

Second goal also came from the left flank, Nwaneri was covering for Taiwo by taking on Zidan, Zidan spotted Al Fathi, played a  shot pass towards Al Fathi, Taiwo suddenly turned to a 6, was suppose to throw his heavy body at the shot, instead, turning his back at the ball- resulted to a wicked deflection that wanted to render Enyeama cripple.

Third goal was not really his fault but the he was not also present at his normal position, Kanu lost possession, Egypt played a counter attack, SENT THE BALL TO THE LEFT HAND SIDE FOR THE 3RD TIME, Yobo was caught at his blind side, Nwaneri and Taiwo were no where to be found, Nwaneri tried to run back to cover the empty left side, came too late because the Egyptians were already celebrating their third goal before he got there.

So? what says ye? undecided

Classic case of give a dog a bad name to hang it; It is obvious from the above that you do not like TT. You did your analysis in such a way that TT was at fault for all the goals. I guess we have to agree to disagree.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by honeric01(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

Classic case of give a dog a bad name to hang it; It is obvious from the above that you do not like TT. You did your analysis in such a way that TT was at fault for all the goals. I guess we have to agree to disagree.

And what made you think i don't like TT? i said he should be moved to where he's most useful (11), that's where he should be used if you really want to see his RAW power. what i just analyzed was what i saw yesterday and it's 99% the truth IMO, you might not have agreed with me, but he contributed to all the 3 goals we conceded yesterday, if we were to rate people that did well in the attack, then i can give him the rightful honor he deserves.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by marutimon: 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
One simple question: If Taiwo is allowed to go forward where were the DMs filling in for him when he goes forward?

Ergo: Not Taiwo's fault. If Amodu let him venture up front he should have plugged the hole.
Re: Taiye Taiwo by rasputinn(m): 10:22pm On Jan 13, 2010
Equals waste product
Re: Taiye Taiwo by rasputinn(m): 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
marutimon:

Are you high on monkey tail or something??

Since when did ball-watching equate to class

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Gabon/cameroon/tunisia? (11am Eastern Time) / Where Can I Find Good Talented,tall Basketball Player In Edo State / Nigeria The Most Supported African Team By South Africans At The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.