Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) (30562 Views)

Taiye Taiwo Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today; Check Out His Birthday Cake / Taiye Taiwo And Son In Matching Outfits [photo] / Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today In The Uk,while His Twin Broda" Turn 33 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by dayokanu(m): 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2012
Just last weekend, the town was agog with the unpalatable and false tale about prolific and brilliant Nigerian international, Taiye Ismaila Taiwo falsifying his age as a result of his alleged twin brother, who just turned 39.

Our organization, Surprise Package Media and media representative of the immensely talented defender in Nigeria, have decided to come to fore with the true facts as against the untrue tale, which has rented several social mediums like Facebook, Blackberry Messengers broadcasts and Twitter timelines and retweets and is fast spreading like wildfire.

The fallacy as it is been propagated by unscrupulous elements reads, “This is shocking! National football team player, Taiye Taiwo is only 25 years-old while his twin brother who doesn’t play football is 39!”

Our Position

We dare say that the tale is an outright lie and the figment of the imaginations of the broadcasters as well as the perpetrators.

We still don’t understand why anyone would sit in the comfort of his home or hangout and think of picking on one of Nigeria’s top player and pride, Taiye Ismaila Taiwo for no reason thus sending such false broadcast just to run down his career.

Taiye Ismaila Taiwo, is one of Nigeria’s most talked about and successful player at the moment. He had broken grounds when he played in the Globacom league as Lobi stars top defender before moving to Olympic Marseille in France, where he reigned supreme and later moved to AC Milan in Italy before he moved to the Queens Park Ranger, where he is currently playing on loan.

Taye Ismaila Taiwo is a defender with Height: 1.78m and Weight: 75 kg and is a homely and responsible father cum husband.

The Facts

Taiye Ismaila Taiwo has no living twin, his half twin, who incidentally died while they were toddlers. Taiye Taiwo has two (2) elder brothers, an elder sister, a younger sister and a younger brother

In the words of Taiye “I don’t have a twin brother, I’ve never heard of any twin brother since I was young, my parents told me from my young days that my twin, who is a female, had died while we were toddlers. I therefore don’t know where or why anyone would cook up such lies about me. My father is still very much alive and he knows when he gave birth to me and all that, so I don’t think I would want to join issues with anyone on my age or so called ‘twin brother’ as it is been speculated.”

Taye Ismaila Taïwo was born on 16 April 1985 in Lagos, Nigeria. He is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a defender for English Premier League club Queens Park Rangers, on loan from AC Milan. He is well known for his powerful and accurate long shots, and is a dead-ball expert. Taiwo’s primary position is left back.

In his football career, he has played for Lobi Stars, Olympic Marseille, AC Milan and currently Queens Park Rangers

After spending a year at Nigeria Division 1 club Gabros International, Taiwo was bought by Nigeria Premier League side, Lobi Stars. He spent one season at Lobi Stars before moving to Olympic Marseille in 2005, at the age of 20. Taiwo was signed by French club, Olympique de Marseille and was brought in to fill the void Bixente Lizarazu, who had left when he departed for Bayern Munich. The Nigerian left back scored Marseille’s winning goal against Olympique Lyonnais on 21 March 2010, with a trademark left-footed strike from long range. He also scored Marseilles’s winning goal against US Boulogne on 17 April 2010. On 23 April 2011, Taiwo scored the only goal at the Stade de France against Montpellier HSC to win the 2011 Coupe de la Ligue. After the match, Taiwo grabbed a microphone and joined fans in singing an expletive-laden chant aimed at the club’s rivals PSG, narrowly escaping a ban from the LFP.

He later moved to AC Milan on May 9, 2011, under the coach, Massimiliano Allegri, who confirmed the signing of Taiwo along with French defender Philippe Mexès. The two were to play for Milan for the 2011-12 season. He made his debut with the club on 24 September 2011 in the home league match won 1–0 against Cesena where he was eventually replaced by Luca Antonini. In December 2011, Taiwo made an interview for the French sports newspaper L’Équipe were he said that he was disappointed with his current experience at A.C. Milan, commenting on problems with Massimiliano Allegri and on the fact that he wasn’t playing. Despite the player spending time on the substitutes bench, Taiwo remains committed to the Italian club until he was loaned to Queens Park Ranger on January 24, 2012, where he’s doing all he can to help the London club become one of the best in the English Premiership.

He remains in QPR on a loan deal until the end of the season, with the option to buy for a fee of around £3.5 million. He made his debut on February 1 against Aston Villa in Birmingham, which ended 2-2. After 2 games at Queens Park Rangers F.C., Taiwo made allegations that he would stay in QPR. He scored his first goal, which unfortunately was a consolation goal, for QPR through a fantastic curling effort from a free kick in a 3-1 defeat against Sunderland F.C. on the 24th of March 2012.

Our Challenge

We take exceptions to false accusations and allegations by detractors, who seem all out to ruin the bright career and future of the Queens Park Rangers’ defender and we challenge anyone to come out with the picture of the so called twin brother, who’s 39!

http://themetronewsng.com/false-age-scandali-dont-have-a-twin-brother-taiye-taiwo/
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2012
dayokanu: Taiye taiwo celebrated his 25th birthday recently

While his twin brother celebrated his 36th birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO them

grin cheesy cheesy
#Godiswachingthem

2 Likes

Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by not2long(m): 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2012

While his twin brother celebrated his 36th birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO them

grin cheesy cheesy
ah dk,i learnt his twin bro or sis is dead for a long time
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2012
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by wesley80(m): 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2012
Since we all know its a hoax why is it still on the frontpage? This is so unfair.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by 30secs(m): 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2012
ogbeche77:
#Godiswachingthem
lmfao
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by Cuteobi(f): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2012
I am 16 and my twin sister is 44 grin grin
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by executinal(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by OmawumiMegbele(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2012
[size=20pt]lol. maybe there was a delay at birth. Taye came first and kehinde came 8 years after.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by r231(m): 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
Yu ppl shld stp dis. Taye's twin died wen dey were 2 and half yrs old.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by Zi: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2012
Scientifically, they have just proven that twins can be years older to each other!, so what's the hoax?!
grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by Basics007: 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2012
Lots of people needs to offer apology to this guy. Yeah we know he falsified his age but it has been confirmed long time ago that the twin is dead so why is this joke still circulating up till now
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by polokor60(m): 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2012
why can't all these bad belle people mind their Zap.i.n.g business.if you don't have any document to substantiate your claims then bleep off.op you are trying to pull down a man that works very hard straining all his muscles and energy to earn his living.fyi it is a common trend among sportsmen all over the world.so tell me how old is didier drogba,rio ferdinard or carlos puyol e.t.c.see dem, yeye enemies of progress. angry
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by TroyJay(m): 7:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
Nairaland of Lies!
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by bobosydney: 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2012
Nairalanders , let me smoke my weeds first before i come back ... grin grin grin grin
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by idelle: 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2012
Happy Birthday grin grin grin grin grin[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by Prowise(m): 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2012
Its a huge pity how people make decisive comments on an issue that hitherto lacks proofs. Gosh!
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by babaowo: 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2012

While his twin brother celebrated his 33rd birthday
grin cheesy cheesy
... Ain't funny @all.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by Jilo83(m): 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2012
I think dis pple wil b sensitive enough even if he falsified his age. There is football age evrywhere n i learnt dat d twin broda has died. Stop dis rubish.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by shadrach77: 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2012
this thread is nice - initially it sounded like a nice joke, but then when it began to circulate everywhere it became somehow worrisome.People should not ruin the guy's career sad sad sad angry
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by chelseabmw(m): 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by acidtalk: 8:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
shadrach77: this thread is nice - initially it sounded like a nice joke, but then when it began to circulate everywhere it became somehow worrisome.People should not ruin the guy's career sad sad sad angry

Nigerians are always the ones to bring their fellow Nigerian down.

They will deny even staking out their lives defending a foreigner, but will be the ones leading the party to bring a fellow Nigerian down.

No single Patrioticism.p

2 Likes

Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by mkpologwu(m): 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
This post is a kind of libel and should be removed immediately!
Meanwhile this guy is not doing great in his career and doesn't deserve this public distraction. Not after giving his all to make our country proud. Pls let's honour him instead of defamation of his prfl. Word pls!
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by dadicvila(m): 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2012
ogbeche77:
#Godiswachingthem
grin
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by slam7000(m): 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2012
Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 33 (Hoax) by dayokanu(m): 4 hours & 28 minutes
Taiye taiwo celebrated his 25th birthday recently

While his twin brother celebrated his 33rd birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO them

whats wrong with that?It simply is a medical mystery,Its either Taiye was born 8yrs too late or his twin bros was born 8yrs premature.lol
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by Reference(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2012
Maybe George Lucas can answer. He's familiar with this clone business.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by mikron(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2012
guys na wa 4 una sef. wetin? una want to spoil bussiness 4 dis guy na. guys take am easy ooooo grin grin grin
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by buoye1(m): 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2012
wat a funny thread......................mere seein taye taiwo.u ll knw he shld more dan 30yrs of age
Re: Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) by joelala(m): 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2012
OmawumiMegbele: [size=20pt]lol. maybe there was a delay at birth. Taye came first and kehinde came 8 years after.[/size]

i will sue you o! you those words outta ma mouth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Neymar Punches A Fan After Coupe De France Loss (video) / 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 / Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.