Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. (1151 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by betterABIAstate: 7:59am On Oct 31, 2017
Watch the video and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTnS3VxNUI

[http://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/pastor-says-it-is-a-sin-to-pay-your-tithe-id7500431.html] [Pastor says it is a sin to pay your tithe] is good,have a look at it!
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by dadalicious: 8:04am On Oct 31, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by betterABIAstate: 9:12am On Oct 31, 2017
dadalicious:
Hmmm
same reaction I had.
C.A.N needs to clarify us on this
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by mike2tobi(m): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Why you must pay your tithe?

Response to the psychological trauma plaguing the church of God on the issue of tithe and also in response to freeze OAP.

Open your Bible as we go.

Why you must pay your tithe?....

The power to receive tithe comes from the power of their priesthood not from the law.....

You must know the meaning of a priest and tithe

Let look at the origin of tithe ....

The first who received tithe was not an Israelites, neither a decedent of Abraham. His name is Melchizedek. Gen 14:18-20.and a testimony of him was written that he was a king and also a priest of the most high God...if you continuing reading Abram paid him the tithe of all....

But the major question is why should pastor receive tithe?

When Jesus came, he elevated us with him( Ephesians 2:6) which gave us the power of a priest in (1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar peoplewink to be not just a priest but a royal priest.

furthermore the book of revelation buttress it ( Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priestssmiley To be sure of our stand as a priest.....

And as a priest of the most high God you must pay your tithe to them but if you don't consider them to be the priest of God don't pay

The next question is who and whom should I pay my tithe to?

If you are thinking which pastor is worthy to receive your tithe then we go further to ( 1 Corinthians 9:7-14) If your pastor as ministered unto you spiritual things then he/she is worthy to receive your tithe and offering.

And God Almighty went further to encourage people to pay their tithe and offering with a promise of blessing ( Malachi 3:8-12 )...

Paying of tithe and offering is never by compulsion but it is very necessary because it is a means of livelihood for the priest to concentrate more on their spiritual assignment..
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by betterABIAstate: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
mike2tobi:
Why you must pay your tithe?

Response to the psychological trauma plaguing the church of God on the issue of tithe and also in response to freeze OAP.

Open your Bible as we go.

Why you must pay your tithe?....

The power to receive tithe comes from the power of their priesthood not from the law.....

You must know the meaning of a priest and tithe

Let look at the origin of tithe ....

The first who received tithe was not an Israelites, neither a decedent of Abraham. His name is Melchizedek. Gen 14:18-20.and a testimony of him was written that he was a king and also a priest of the most high God...if you continuing reading Abram paid him the tithe of all....

But the major question is why should pastor receive tithe?

When Jesus came, he elevated us with him( Ephesians 2:6) which gave us the power of a priest in (1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar peoplewink to be not just a priest but a royal priest.

furthermore the book of revelation buttress it ( Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priestssmiley To be sure of our stand as a priest.....

And as a priest of the most high God you must pay your tithe to them but if you don't consider them to be the priest of God don't pay

The next question is who and whom should I pay my tithe to?

If you are thinking which pastor is worthy to receive your tithe then we go further to ( 1 Corinthians 9:7-14) If your pastor as ministered unto you spiritual things then he/she is worthy to receive your tithe and offering.

And God Almighty went further to encourage people to pay their tithe and offering with a promise of blessing ( Malachi 3:8-12 )...

Paying of tithe and offering is never by compulsion but it is very necessary because it is a means of livelihood for the priest to concentrate more on their spiritual assignment..
Malachi 3 was talking to the priests read from chapter 2

According to you passage, everybody is a priest and I can decide to pay my tithe to myself like the pastors are doing.

Abraham didnt pay tithe from his increase, If you think w should live Abraham's live then we should also give burnt offerings like him
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by mike2tobi(m): 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
betterABIAstate:

According to you passage, everybody is a priest and I can decide to pay my tithe to myself like the pastors are doing.

Abraham didnt pay tithe from his increase, If you think w should live Abraham's live then we should also give burnt offerings like him
.....u should better read the verses with your bible because I dealt with what you are saying there....... 1 Corinthians 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?.....and also do u perform the work of a priest.....because priest also pay tithe of tithe....also at that time if any soldiers goes to war they own the spoils....technically Abraham own the spoil of which he payed tithe of all...even the king of Sodom agreed to it.....but he only pay his tithe and gave back the remaining to the king of Sodom and his people..... if you can remember during David time in d wilderness the soldiers that when to war wanted to keep the spoils of war for them self only because it was d tradition but david edited the law to all soldiers 1 Sam 30:21-23
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by betterABIAstate: 2:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
mike2tobi:
.....u should better read the verses with your bible because I dealt with what you are saying there....... 1 Corinthians 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?.....and also do u perform the work of a priest.....because priest also pay tithe of tithe....also at that time if any soldiers goes to war they own the spoils....technically Abraham own the spoil of which he payed tithe of all...even the king of Sodom agreed to it.....but he only pay his tithe and gave back the remaining to the king of Sodom and his people..... if you can remember during David time in d wilderness the soldiers that when to war wanted to keep the spoils of war for them self only because it was d tradition but david edited the to all soldiers 1 Sam 30:21-23
this still didn't explain how to tithe, Nigerian christians like beating about the bush
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by kjhova(m): 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
Remove the concept of tithe and watch the entire pentecostal protestant structure in Nigeria come crumbling down!

Why are the churches so comfortable with cherry picking doctrines from the bible? Tithing is an old testament law enacted upon agricultural peasants from 11 out of 12 provinces of ancient Kingdoms of Israel/Judah for the sole purpose of creating a source of subsistence for the natives of Levi, the 12th province, who were forbiding, by the Mosaic law, to engage in any form of commercial work.

In all of the 66 books of the bible, there is no alternative or secondary purpose for tithe other than the above. So long as Levites are forbiding from earning a living, the rest of the country was mandated to provide for them by forteiting a tenth of their annual harvest and/or earnings.

This was a specific law for a specific people at a specific time for a specific purpose. Why have Christian churches hijacked and adopted this law to milk the flock while enriching their own coffers?

Tithe is mentioned only 3 times in the gospels and all in a tone of condemnation. It is also mentioned 4 times in the book of Hebrews, only in reference to the function of the Levites. No where else in the new testament is tithing mentioned and no where at all in the new testament are believers asked to pay tithe to anybody. Jesus never charged tithe, Peter never did, Paul never did, John and all other apostles never ever collected tithe from a single parishioner!

What then is the basis for today's churches making tithe collection an integral part of doctrine?

What is the tithe for when you already charge offering (in some cases several offerings)?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by mike2tobi(m): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
betterABIAstate:
this still didn't explain how to tithe, Nigerian christians like beating about the bush
...don't be in haste, open your Bible and read every passage I quoted....but you rather want me to use my words instead of the word of God.....learn to open Bible....
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by betterABIAstate: 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
mike2tobi:
...don't be in haste, open your Bible and read every passage I quoted....but you rather want me to use my words instead of the word of God.....learn to open Bible....
lolz, relax. You don't open the bible more than I do, I kkow where you are going to.

I want you to explain how to pay tithe
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by mike2tobi(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
betterABIAstate:

open the Bible passage written.... stop asking questions that has been answered.....read the scriptures given in explaining...
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by betterABIAstate: 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
mike2tobi:
open the Bible passage written.... stop asking questions that has been answered.....read the scriptures given in explaining...
I will rather read from chapter two to know whom chapter 3 was referring to.

You are bringing curses upon yourself if you don't respect the agreement God had with Levi, oh yeah priest. Don't manipulate the agreement God has with levites. Before you teach Malachi 3, look at at chapter 2. A word is enough

Malachi chapter 2.
Malachi 2Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

Rules for Priests
1“Priests, this rule is for you.
2 Listen to me! Pay attention to what I say. Show honor to my name. If you don’t respect my name, bad things will happen to you. You will say blessings,[a] but they will become curses. I will make bad things happen because you don’t show respect for my name.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said.

3 “Look, I will punish your descendants. During the festivals, you priests offer sacrifices to me. You take the dung and inside parts from the dead animals and throw them away. But I will smear the dung on your faces, and you will be thrown away with it!
4 Then you will learn why I am giving you this command. I am telling you these things so that my agreement with Levi will continue.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said.

5 The Lord said, “I made that agreement with Levi. I promised to give him life and peace—and I gave him those things. Levi respected me and showed honor to my name. 6 He taught the true teachings and didn’t teach lies. Levi was honest, and he loved peace. He followed me and saved many people from being punished for the evil things they did.
7 A priest should know God’s teachings. People should be able to go to a priest and learn God’s teachings. A priest should be the Lord’s messenger to the people.

8 “But you priests stopped following me! You used the teachings to make people do wrong. You ruined the agreement with Levi.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said.
9 “You don’t live the way I told you. You have not accepted my teachings. So I will cause people to hate you and think you are worth nothing.”
Re: Pastor Chris Ojigbani: It's A Sin To Pay Tithe. by mike2tobi(m): 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I will rather read from chapter two to know whom chapter 3 was referring to.

You are bringing curses upon yourself if you don't respect the agreement God had with Levi, oh yeah priest. Don't manipulate the agreement God has with levites. Before you teach Malachi 3, look at at chapter 2. A word is enough

Malachi chapter 2.
Malachi 2Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

Rules for Priests
1“Priests, this rule is for you.
2 Listen to me! Pay attention to what I say. Show honor to my name. If you don’t respect my name, bad things will happen to you. You will say blessings,[a] but they will become curses. I will make bad things happen because you don’t show respect for my name.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said.

3 “Look, I will punish your descendants. During the festivals, you priests offer sacrifices to me. You take the dung and inside parts from the dead animals and throw them away. But I will smear the dung on your faces, and you will be thrown away with it!
4 Then you will learn why I am giving you this command. I am telling you these things so that my agreement with Levi will continue.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said.

5 The Lord said, “I made that agreement with Levi. I promised to give him life and peace—and I gave him those things. Levi respected me and showed honor to my name. 6 He taught the true teachings and didn’t teach lies. Levi was honest, and he loved peace. He followed me and saved many people from being punished for the evil things they did.
7 A priest should know God’s teachings. People should be able to go to a priest and learn God’s teachings. A priest should be the Lord’s messenger to the people.

8 “But you priests stopped following me! You used the teachings to make people do wrong. You ruined the agreement with Levi.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said.
9 “You don’t live the way I told you. You have not accepted my teachings. So I will cause people to hate you and think you are worth nothing.”
..... I know u read Bible more than I do but don't forget this.... 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth...... . you must know how to fix missing part together as God has said..... Isaiah 34:16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them........nor shall want his mate......and perhaps we don't av a close system.... if you are in doubt or not clear you should commune wit d holy spirit to open your understanding. . let stop acting as we cant hear from God ourselves and to do that WHICH IS right and has commanded..... except you can't hear from God...then attend and raise those question in Sunday school or ask your pastor if you do go to Church

(1) (Reply)

The Words Of Jesus Are Not Words Of Allah/Muhammad / What Is Taqiyya? / Woman Rips Off Bible Part Asking Wives To Be Submissive, Use It To Smoke Weed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.