Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! (9369 Views)

Airline Passenger Finds Lizard In Her Food (Photo) / Nigeria’s In-bound Air Passenger Traffic Sustained On Ebola Containment / Ba & Virgin: Air Passenger Fuel Surcharge Settlement Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by oluwadeo: 10:07am On Jan 13, 2010
In a bid to organize passenger reviews and opinions, and present them in an effective way to reach the airline's decision makers, please post your opinions/reviews on this blog:

http://arikmetics./share-your-arik-experience/

What do you think about Arik Air?

"SHARE YOUR ARIK EXPERIENCE" link on top,

Nigeria deserves a world-class airline! Constructive reviews + comments please!

Olu
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by kokorunna(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2010
For once there is a Nigerian Airline that their services are good and spot on, if they continue in that way who needs British Airways. Its a total SHAME NIgeria do not have a National Carrier flying aboard.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by noblegas2(m): 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2010
kokorunna:

For once there is a Nigerian Airline that their services are good and spot on, if they continue in that way who needs British Airways. Its a total SHAME NIgeria do not have a National Carrier flying aboard.

end of discussion!!!
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by Nezed(f): 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2010
I beg to differ a little fom the glowy comments please.

I flew Arik air sometime ago from lagos-Jos-lagos as they were the only flight then(2008) flying to Jos, and i not only hated that flight, i wished i could speak to their management!

The flight attendants were courteous and okay in their services, but the flight was bumpy, the aircraft old and a lil' dirty(prolly because of those who had flown earlier in it;sweets wraps were littered on the aisle and underneath the seats) and the landing was so jerky. It was so scary.

Funny enough the pilot or whomever it was his/her duty to use the microphone and calm nerves was on vacation that day! NO WORD was said, ONLY 'Welcome to Jos bla bla bla.

Prolly the Company may have upgraded, but i hope they have new planes now?
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by morpheus24: 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2010
i use Arik to Abuja all the time and they are a good airline.

I will not fly any other carrier inside Naija
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by lanre2u(m): 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2010
I know Arik has good and new aircrafts, but i hate their customer relation especially their ticketing and reservation services. Arik is also known for flight delay, 6:20pm flight leaving lagos at 8:30pm.

I can't count the number of times they have being on this flight delay, due to operational reason, due to bad weather when others are flying same route.

Bad inflight service, bread and juice!

I have promise my self not to fly Arik again, Tufiakwa.

Those people are on deminishing return curve.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by Nezed(f): 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2010
lanre2u:

I know Arik has good and new aircrafts, but i hate their customer relation especially their ticketing and reservation services. Arik is also known for flight delay, 6:20pm flight leaving lagos at 8:30pm.

I can't count the number of times they have being on this flight delay, due to operational reason, due to bad weather when others are flying same route.

Lol at bolded. So which airline is onboard now? My fave back in the days were Aero and Virgin Atlantic. Any new ones now? Yeah, i remember Dana! HATED THEIR FLIGHT CREW UNIFORM, Lol.
Virgin's uniform was kinda cute, cant remember what Arik looked like again.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by morpheus24: 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2010
lanre2u:

What do you want them to serve you on a local flight that takes just 45 mins. gourmet Dinner. haba. Nigerians sef!!!

i ahve never noticed their delays being up to two hours long. Their customer service needs to improve but compared to other airlines they are much better,
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by kokorunna(m): 11:00am On Jan 15, 2010
I take my words back, the way Air Arik is going they will end up the same way Nigerian Airways ended up, its not a curse. I left Lagos at 6am yesterday with the intention off getting back to the UK by 4pm, first we made an uplanned trip to to Abuja to pick up some customers and then the plane just sat there for about 3 to 4 hours, no one could give any good reason why we were strucked there.

Afterwards we found out that the plane had no petrol, there was no Arik Staff to help as they all ran away because of angry customers. Their in-flight staff were very rude and not helpful at all, I got to heathrow airport at around 10pm.

I will make a complain to them in the UK and tell them that so or later they will go the same way as Bellview and Nigerian Airways.

This is my 3rd time travelling with them to the UK and at first they were excellent, second time OK and third time, very very very POOR
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by twinskenny(m): 9:35am On Jan 17, 2010
so which of the airline is better
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by twinskenny(m): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2010
so which of the airline is better?? Aero??
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by igbonla(m): 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2010
lanre2u:

May I recommend to you, sir, that you try Chachangi airline on your next trip.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by chyk91(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2010
lol, dont enter chanchangi, its a flying coffin.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by AjanleKoko: 10:41am On Jan 18, 2010
Na wa o.
I fly Arik all the time.
Flew Arik in August to the UK and back, and they were very professional, though there were a lot of process gaps. All told, the flight was quite comfortable.
Flew them a couple of times to Ghana in November/December, also not bad.
Haven't flown them this year though. I decided I wouldn't fly them to the UK again, cos they're kind of expensive, and they don't have a frequent flyer program yet. I must get something for giving them my miles, abi?
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by keyremotes(m): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
Arik is an embarrassment in Customer Service.
The ticketing staff have no regards for passengers.

Right there in your face while on the queue
they collect money from people just strolling into the airport
and give them tickets.

I have flown twice with Arik and had the very same experience the 2 times.

I feel so ashamed.

It is not to place adverts in the papers claiming to be what
you are not. ARIK SHOULD PUT THEIR HOUSE IN ORDER.

IT IS STINKING.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by promise2(f): 10:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
Wat about Dana Air? i fly with them and they are cool.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by Nezed(f): 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Na wa o.
I fly Arik all the time.
Flew Arik in August to the UK and back, and they were very professional, though there were a lot of process gaps. All told, the flight was quite comfortable.
Flew them a couple of times to Ghana in November/December, also not bad.
Haven't flown them this year though. I decided I wouldn't fly them to the UK again, cos they're kind of expensive, and they don't have a frequent flyer program yet. I must get something for giving them my miles, abi?

You can use VirginNigeria/Virgin Atlantic and become an Eagleflier member! Am one, though am yet to understand how the mileage count works.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by AjanleKoko: 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2010
^^
EagleFlier is the Virgin Nigeria version.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by Nezed(f): 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
I already pointed that out.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by naijanow: 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2011
If you plan to fly, please read the article below:

January 5, 2011
LucieA

I was shocked this afternoon at the sight I witnessed at the boarding gate for an Arik Air flight from Lagos, Nigeria. A very large group of exhausted, irritated, unkempt looking international passengers were trying to get information about their flight. They looked like they hadn’t slept in days. I was catching another flight at a different gate but I had to stop and ask them what had happened.

One tired gentleman told me that they had been at the airport since 9pm the night before, in order to catch their flight to South Africa at 11pm. However, when they came to the boarding gate, they were not allowed to enter the plane. They were not sure what the cause of the problem was and were not given any information by Arik staff. They were simply told not to leave the boarding gate area. So they sat down thinking the delay would last an hour or two and they would be on their way home. The hours dragged by.

Arik Air did not provide them with any answers, nor did they offer them hotel vouchers so they could wait comfortably for the next available flight, nor did they find them accommodation at the airport, nor did they provide meals for them or even snacks or drinking water. There is no toilet in the boarding gate area so there was no place for them to even go to the restroom or freshen up. They were not even given access to the lounge area so that they could rest. Only a few of them could find seats, the rest were sitting in their business suits on the floor.

This is how over 200 international passengers were held against their will without information, without assistance, without even food or water for more than 15 hours! It should also be noted that these TWO HUNDRED PASSENGERS were international passengers, meaning they were in a foreign country so there was no option to go back to their homes and wait for their flight information. They had no home there and had been prevented from going home for reasons unknown to them.

It is required of every airline to provide current, up to date information to their passengers. When there is a delay that is not due to the fault of the passenger, arrangements are to be made such as hotel vouchers, meal tickets, beverages and especially access to complete bathrooms!!! These passengers are human beings – not cattle! Yet they were treated without due respect.

This is not the first time Arik Air has behaved in a criminal matter. Many friends and associates have recounted stories of abuse at the hands of Arik Air. One business partner had his wallet taken from his seat pocket while he slept and $2,000 removed from it by an Arik staffer. He was the lone passenger in his row with an empty row both in front of him and behind him. The only one that could have bent over him while sleeping and been unnoticed would be the flight staff. A sister company of ours sent a team on retreat and when they arrived at their destination, the luggage for the entire flight had been left behind at the airport and there was no announcement made on board the plane before takeoff. But how can an airline leave all of the luggage on the tarmac and not load it before taking off?? That is incredulous! I believe if an inquiry is made, many more grievances, even worse than these, will be discovered.

While I was discussing with the man, an Arik staff appeared and announced the flight was now running and would be taking the TWO HUNDRED PASSENGERS to their destination. When prodded for the reason for the delay, the staffer reluctantly informed them that the delay was a lack of fuel in the plane!

This is outrageous and completely unacceptable. They have abused their position as an airline and their directors, managers and staff are not fit to run something so sensitive as an airline. We place our lives in the hands of airlines every day, trusting them to carry us safely from one location to another with our lives, our luggage and our decency in tact. Arik Air violates all of these trusts. Serious action should be taken to prevent our citizens from finding themselves trapped and abused at the hands of Arik Air.
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by Raahym(m): 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hi Nairalanders, In view everybody's comment and with total respect to Arik as a Nigerian "National" carrier. I regret to inform that Arik do not have qualified neither trained personnel's to man boarding gates especially for people travelling to South Africa from Nigeria. These people have been subjected different forms of harassment and made to pay huge sums ranging from $100 - $1000 USD depending on that case and scenario. I require answers to these questions
1, Is Arik airline well equipped to check passengers permit.
2, Is Arik airline in the position to determine if you do not have an observation stamp on your new passport if you had a previous
3, IS Arik Airline in the position to charge 1st time travelers a certain fee if they do not posses an hotel reservation of the country in which they are travelling

These are just a few of the questions directed at Arik personnel especially the young men and women employed at the Muritala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos Nigeria.

These men/women are really not representing Arik Airline in any professional form as they have become a big problem for travelers and people as sorting options of flying South African Airways and what are the benefits of having a so called "National Carrier" if it doesn't help its people but rather look for ways to loot them through its staff members.

I am a victim of this act being that i am coming home for the first time after having traveled for four years, they (Arik staff) in Lagos sai to me my permit is fake meanwhile South African Immigration thinks otherwise after having to bribe my way through Muritala with N40, 0000 and the South African Immigration checked my permit and welcomed me back "home" imagine.

I implore the necessary administrative team of Arik to look into this and act accordingly as this is a team work between the shift managers and the boarding teams.

Nairalanders what is happening to Nigeria?
Re: Arik Air - Passenger Reviews! by Amachebry: 5:11am On Apr 05, 2018
Well I just took arik to abuja enjoyed my trip .no delay sits where intact plane is so clean .all in other.so maybe they have changed oooh or it's the one I entered 5pm flight no delay atall .well will still post my comment when I go to Lagos .or back to ph cos I will sure fly arik

(1) (Reply)

Canada: Justin Trudeau Begs Nigerian President Buhari For One Million Immigrants / Rich Global Travels / Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.