Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? (89092 Views)

Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score? / I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? / I Scored 300 In My JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by taiwofawole: 10:59pm On May 18, 2017
houstonia:

why worry yourself when they'd change it for you
my bros wait there and think UI will change for you . #ONYOUROWN
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 18, 2017
absool:
I got 263 in jamb what are my chances of getting Civil engineering in FUTO
good chances !
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Ndkings1(m): 11:01pm On May 18, 2017
Bros, if you are really serious about securing admission to study in ui this year don't mind all this people telling you to wait.... Run now and change to another course less competitive or you'll regret it at last.
Do you know how many people with 300 and above who wants medicine and excellent waec and NeCO result for ui admission? If you know you won't be asking such questions.
These people stand a better chance than you.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by quisera(m): 11:01pm On May 18, 2017
urgent response needed please....my gf jamb result displayed only d total score without d individual subject scores.wat could actually be the cause i need responses please as she's currently very worried.Tanx++
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Bigsteveg(m): 11:04pm On May 18, 2017
rafo200:
I scored 260 can I get medicine and surgery in ui
With this it will be difficult to get medicine at UNIBADAN. Also not only your Jamb result, your o levels also matters as A and B are of better points. (UI use points). UI is mostly post graduate school so the intake of undergraduate is not always much.

But all in all, nothing GRACE cannot do, i pray you meet favour. Try, it will work out for you. I wish you all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 18, 2017
quisera:
urgent response needed please....my gf jamb result didnt displayed only d total score without d individual subject scores.wat could actually be the cause i need responses please as she's currently very worried.Tanx++
village people at work!!!
gf bawo. All this secondary school love. Tell her to give her life to christ then you follow her and give yours too.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:05pm On May 18, 2017
Timson01:
i am much happy for you u will get medicine not because of ur grade but because God will help u u noticed ui have high standard
What kind of silly advise is this?? Mr man, UI has a system of computing jamb scores and waec scores, the addition of which gives a final score which will determine entry into the institution .. Contact someone in UI who knows someone in 100 or 200 level MBBS.. Ask them to teach u the new mode of calculation.. Then compare ur score with the merit cut off during their time.. That will give you a good idea..
What I know is the old mode of calculation and it won't be of use to u
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Shevy01: 11:07pm On May 18, 2017
LMAO.....Laff Wan Comot My Waist, My Brother You Need To Reliase Your Potentials. You Have The Charisma To Be a Great Comedian.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by ugonna1054(m): 11:09pm On May 18, 2017
rafo200:
what abt me that score 260
see, there's no much difference between 252 and 260....divide both by 8, u have 31.5 and. 32.5 respectively, a difference of 8 nw changed to 1......it depends largely on ur O level

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:11pm On May 18, 2017
mayoor15:
God is your strength, keep hope alive but as of 2010, I know someone who had 283 and UI didn't blink their eyes to pick him for medicine but when grace works for a man, protocols are broken.
I hate when people say half truths. Pls if you don't know the full story be quiet..
283 is a very good score.. If the person did not gain admission into Ui, it means his WAEC wasn't so good or during screening, he performed woefully..
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 18, 2017
FrankGiel:
I hate when people say half truths. Pls if you don't know the full story be quiet..
283 is a very good score.. If the person did not gain admission into Ui, it means his WAEC wasn't so good or during screening, he performed woefully..
i thought they said no more screening?
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Gr8amechi: 11:13pm On May 18, 2017
rafo200:
why change your course?? The most important thing about medicine is the school accreditation, how good you become as a doctor is left for you, if you need good guild inbox me

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Smeago007(m): 11:15pm On May 18, 2017
Don't know what to do.
I put pharmacy
I got 194

4As 3cs
Olevel

Any luck or hope for me
What do you guys think
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:16pm On May 18, 2017
rafo200:
260 isnt a bad score at all.. Ur WAEC result will be the determining factor.. If you have 5A1's in WAEC I can guarantee you admission into UI without any form of leg..if ur WAEC isn't so good, then there will be a problem.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:18pm On May 18, 2017
durentchigozie:
i thought they said no more screening?
there used to be screening in the past.. No more screening though.. I was just responding to the person that said a person got 293 and didn't gain admission.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Duru009(m): 11:18pm On May 18, 2017
I give that admission in the name of Jesus name Amen!

#If you confess it, you will possess it...
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by kikake: 11:18pm On May 18, 2017
rafo200:
should I change course b4 it is too late??

No.

Better wait and study for next JAMB.

If your interest is to study Medicine, but you hurriedly change course now, because you want to be in the university, you shall regret it in future.

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:19pm On May 18, 2017
jabedwadmn:
JAMB CBT 2017 Result Score Upgrading has Started. Upgrade your Jamb low score result 250-360 , Result Witheld for assistance.
Check & upgrade your 2017 jamb CBT score now real confirmed and guaranteed from official, interested Candidates should
call Mr Edward , Cordinator Abj - O 9 O 6 5 4 1 O 3 5 7 now for Assistance.
419 and a thief!!!! Go and look for a job you this scammer..
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 18, 2017
FrankGiel:
there used to be screening in the past.. No more screening though.. I was just responding to the person that said a person got 293 and didn't gain admission.
alright.
Duru009:

no be by name of Jesus oo. 100% of d applicants dey go church or mosque too.

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by DROLA11: 11:19pm On May 18, 2017
what of 242 and 3A and 2B2 medicine ui
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 18, 2017
Smeago007:
Don't know what to do.
I put pharmacy
I got 194

4As 3cs
Olevel

Any luck or hope for me
What do you guys think
pls , find a state university and apply for chemistry. Ewoh! 190, pharmacy?
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:21pm On May 18, 2017
Duru009:

What kind of nonsense talk is this??
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Duru009(m): 11:21pm On May 18, 2017
I give that admission in the name of Jesus christ name Amen!

Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by FrankGiel: 11:23pm On May 18, 2017
Smeago007:
Don't know what to do.
I put pharmacy
I got 194

4As 3cs
Olevel

Any luck or hope for me
What do you guys think
If its UI, bros its almost impossible.. The 4A's is it A1? Or does it include B's??
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 18, 2017
DROLA11:
what of 242 and 3A and 2B2 medicine ui

It's not just 3As or 2B2, they also have to be in relevant subjects namely: English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology etc In this case, An A in economics is meaningless, if not useless.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 18, 2017
Smeago007:
Don't know what to do.
I put pharmacy
I got 194

4As 3cs
Olevel

Any luck or hope for me
What do you guys think

Don't waste your time, you won't get to UI with 194.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by quisera(m): 11:28pm On May 18, 2017
durentchigozie:
village people at work!!!
gf bawo. All this secondary school love. Tell her to give her life to christ then you follow her and give yours too.
idiot u could easily have moved on without commenting but u chose to display sheer stupidity.
NB:She's an A level student who seeks to further more.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 18, 2017
quisera:

idiot u could easily have moved on without commenting but u chose to display sheer stupidity.
NB:She's an A level student who seeks to further more.
i don't blame you. Get her pregnant and work your ass out. Rubbish
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by DROLA11: 11:30pm On May 18, 2017
bayooooooo:

It's not just 3As or 2B2, they also have to be in relevant subjects namely: English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology etc In this case, An A in economics is meaningless, if not useless.
I no....it is in the 5 relevant subjects
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 18, 2017
DROLA11:
I no....it is in the 5 relevant subjects

You have a chance.
Re: I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? by Ayofaks(f): 11:35pm On May 18, 2017
bayooooooo:

I think you need to sort out your WASSCE before applying to UI, or any school for that matter.

DON'T change your course from Medicine to any of the following:
1. Chemistry
2. Zoology
3. Microbiology

There is a high chance you won't be allowed to cross from those disciplines to College of Medicine. Once a zoologist, always a zoologist. Chemistry do allow people to cross, but it DEPENDS on the disposition of the HOD; this is also applicable to microbiology. But it is extremely rare to cross from zoology to medicine.

The following courses will allow you to cross to medicine:
Biochemistry
Physiology
Human Nutrition

Why? They are all in College of Medicine or Faculty of Basic Basic Medical Sciences, and once the provost endorses your form, I don't think any HOD can hold you back. Besides, there is a history of students crossing from those courses to Medicine.

Now, many candidates with high scores who can't get to medicine would change to Physiology or Biochemistry, which in turn makes the two disciplines competitive through change of course route. Your best bet is to change to Human nutrition and then read well in 100 level. Basically if you have a CGPA of 6.0 (First Class), you can be guaranteed of crossing but mostly a 5.5 (comfortable 2:1) is good enough to cross but there is no guarantee.

You will need the following courses to cross (4 chemistry courses, 5 physics courses and 3 zoology courses):
CHE 195 (Practical Chemistry, 2 Units)-- very easy to get an A (7.0)
CHE 177 Organic Chemistry, 3 units
CHE 157 Physical Chemistry, 4 units (legendary CHE 157)
CHE 127 Inorganic Chemistry, 3 units

PHY 112 (Basic Principles of Physics II, 3 units)
PHY 113 (Basic Principles of Physics III, 3 units)
PHY 114 (Basic Principles of Physics I, 3 units)
PHY 115 (Basic Principles of Physics IV, 3 units)
PHY 118 (Experimental Physics I, 3 Units)-- many people usually find this difficult. Each experiment is graded (each time you go to the lab is more or less taking an exam) and is based on a law of physics. So read your manual and know why the experiment is needed. You are trying to validate a constant/or a principle, by plotting data generated during the lab work. You can always tell if your slope or constant is way off if you have a sound knowledge of the experimental principle

ZOO 111 (Principles of Animal Biology, 3 units)--more or less a glorified biology. You have to take it seriously if Chiaka is one of the lecturers.
ZOO 112 (The Mammalian Body, 3 units)
ZOO 113 (Diversity of Animal Life, 3 units)--this is a second semester course, and is by far the toughest of the three. It requires a lot of reading, drawing and cramming. It has a practical component too. Different animal kingdoms etc.

You will also take other courses like the GES (general studies 101, 102, 103 or 105), bio-statistics etc but your chances of 'crossing' to medicine rest squarely on the 12 courses. i.e. those 12 courses, not the overall CPGA, are evaluated for change of course purposes. If you intend to change to pharmacy, you would need to register for some botany courses.

Generally, the easiest route to UI medicine is to put any of the three courses especially Human Nutrition as first choice, and then apply to change to medicine after 100 level.

OP...pls follow this advice diligently...the easiest route to medicine in UI is through Human Nutrition department.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) / UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites / COVID-19: Japanese University Conducts Graduation Ceremony Using Remote Robots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.