Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service (18277 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Distributes Transistor Radios / See What Policeman Did To Vigilante Member After Being Saved From Kidnappers Den / Dino Melaye Holds A Protest Against Yahaya Bello Led Kogi Government (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by 36govs: 6:25pm On May 18, 2017
The government of Kogi State has reemphasised its total commitment to the peaceful coexistence and safety of the people of the state. The State Security Adviser, Navy Commander Jerry Omodara (Rtd.), said this on Thursday, May 18th 2017 at the at the Confluence Stadium, Lokoja, while presenting 260 motorbikes and 10 Ford trucks to officers of the Kogi State Vigilante Service on behalf of the Governor Yahaya Bello administration.

He said the significant improvement in security witnessed in the last 14 months in the State was testament to the considerable investment the New Direction government has made in the sector. He said the development of the state will be built on a firm foundation of peace and security.

"When we came on board, there were 93 expatriates living and working in Kogi State, today there are over 170," Mr. Omodara said. "Before this government, Kogi was one of the many states where warnings were issued not to visit. In the last four months, we have hosted the United States Ambassador, the British High Commissioner and the European Union Ambassador to Nigeria. These are indications that we are getting it right and the international community has noticed the improvement. Kogi is ripe and ready for investment.

"What we are doing today is providing support for officers of the Kogi State Vigilante Service. One motorbike will be going to each ward in the state, and the Commander at the local government level will get an extra motorbike. This crimes to a total of 260 motorcycles. This is to aid community policing, which we believe is a vital part of our security architecture.

"The trucks will be stationed at some points along some major roads where there are flashes of armed robbery and kidnappings."

The Commander of the Kogi State Vigilante Service, Col. Hassan Aliyu (RTd.), promised the judicious deployment and use of the vehicles provided. He said the service would ultimately recruit and train 3,000 officers across the state.

One of the recruits, Adepoju Suleiman, praised the Governor of the State for being steadfast and committed to battling insecurity.

"I am happy that our roads are safer today. There was a time you couldn't travel from Lokoja to Kabba without fear. Now, you can even travel at night and be sure that you will arrive safely. We promise not to fail in our task of keeping our communities safe. We will use these vehicles to the glory of God and the betterment of Kogi State."

a

Source : http://40ng.com/kogi-government-distributes-260-motorcycles-10-trucks-to-vigilante-service/

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by 36govs: 6:26pm On May 18, 2017

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by fiizznation: 6:29pm On May 18, 2017
And the winner of today's competition of youth empowerment is the governor of kogi state.

At least he didn't empower his people with 25 litres cans of water like my friend(the failed governor) in anambra state, neither did he gave his state graduates wheelbarrows to push like the man in benue.

But come to think of it, if obiano empowered his people with cans of water while ortom empowered his own people with wheelbarrows, then a kind of trade have been established between benue folks and anambra folks. Like I push water for you with my wheelbarrow while you sell some canny water to me. Great!!!

Kudos to yahaya bello

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by HughJazz(m): 6:44pm On May 18, 2017
Just give people state police already! !

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Aromas: 6:52pm On May 18, 2017
Seriously we need this in Kogi State, the rate of insecurity has endanger the progress of our dear state. Now, Lokoja to Ajaokuta straight to Okene is safe both day n night............ Likewise Iyara to Ijumu forwarding to Kabba join Okene expressway is absolutely commendable. Thumb up GYB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by auntysimbiat(f): 8:37pm On May 18, 2017
WATCH WHAT THIS ARSENAL FAN GOT TO SAY ABOUT THE PROJECT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVKLoNDG26I
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by josephine123: 8:41pm On May 18, 2017
cc lalasticlala seun

wats good for ambode is good for yahaya
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Goldenheart(m): 8:44pm On May 18, 2017
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by princechiemekam(m): 8:46pm On May 18, 2017
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:46pm On May 18, 2017
That's good. Security of lives and property is very important.
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by mattyboy007(m): 8:46pm On May 18, 2017
While Hell rufia dey band dem in kaduna..
God cum to our(Christian) rescue in kaduna plzz cry
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin

I hope they know in other countries the word Vigilante is associated with lawlessness and carnage?

8 Likes

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Teewhy2: 8:47pm On May 18, 2017
Can we know how much was used in purchasing this items , hope we won't hear after sometime that the money used for this project can be used to but an automotive factory.

Do you need to do a roof parapet, or you are building on a water logged land. Try to reduce your building load with the use of polystyrene material.
Get to know more by clicking below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Hongbenga(m): 8:48pm On May 18, 2017
Nice one
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by uviesa(m): 8:48pm On May 18, 2017
Please why is Buhari number not going

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Luvdk(f): 8:49pm On May 18, 2017
Biafran oil n gas money sad
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Victornezzar: 8:49pm On May 18, 2017
fiizznation:
And the winner of today's competition of youth empowerment is the governor of kogi state.

At least he didn't empower his people with 25 litres cans of water like my friend in anambra state(APC will rescue anambrarians very soon), neither did he gave his state graduates wheelbarrows to push like the man in benue.

But come to think of it, if obiano empowered his people with cans of water while ortom empowered his own people with wheelbarrows, then a kind of trade have been established between benue folks and anambra folks. Like I push water for you with my wheelbarrow while you sell some canny water to me. Great!!!

Kudos to yahaya bello
Am so surprised dat dere was no single sense in dis long crap u just wrote

11 Likes

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by kogistar: 8:53pm On May 18, 2017
useles yeye bello

1 Like

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by chuksjuve(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2017
Child's play
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 18, 2017
Can we have some jerry cans please? I am from Anambla.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Antangonist: 8:56pm On May 18, 2017
This is what u see when u visit your friend in the hostel who is a computer science student.

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:57pm On May 18, 2017
If u think this person above me is lying 'Like' if it's true 'share'
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by nkwuocha1: 8:57pm On May 18, 2017
deji15:
Can we have some jerry cans please? I am from Anambla.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

*throws a bunch of unpeeled banana at him *

1 Like

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Litmus: 8:58pm On May 18, 2017
Nigeria does not apear to recognize the importance of record keeping. Border control, registration of births and deaths, DNA keeping and all the similar things I'm always going on about are part of record keeping. Record keeping is one of the most important things to get right in order to manage security. If for instance, the Korgi officials don't record the registration of each bike, don't record the exact number of vigilantes, their names, age, photos, where they live, the names of their closest relatives, blood types; who takes out a weapon, when, in what condition, when returned; who drove what vehicle, the amount of petrol in/out, mile on clock, the characters of individuals etc,etc, soon the lines will be blurred between vigilante, terrorists and thieves.

....for instance, as the things the state provided for vigilantes, end up sold or used for activities not provided for.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by nkwuocha1: 8:59pm On May 18, 2017
Kogi state na state? With the empty houses as a result of voodoo genocide. Very wicked state,especially the muslims there.

Pray not to be on transit during riot in that state especially lokoja axis. Na that time you go know say Lucifer na human being.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by kcy(m): 9:10pm On May 18, 2017
nkwuocha1:
Kogi state na state? With the empty houses as a result of voodoo genocide. Very wicked state,especially the muslims there.

Pray not to be on transit during riot in that state especially lokoja axis. Na that time you go know say Lucifer na human being.
Liar......lie mohamed

1 Like

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by nkwuocha1: 9:12pm On May 18, 2017
kcy:

Liar......lie mohamed

Lol. From where I stay to kogi, if I drive it's 1hr 30minutes.Kogi na the kind place to use for walking dead na!

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by TerrorSquad(m): 9:15pm On May 18, 2017
good one
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Tosin249(m): 9:19pm On May 18, 2017
[quote author=Aromas post=56651597]Seriously we need this in Kogi State, the rate of insecurity has endanger the progress of our dear state. Now, Lokoja to Ajaokuta straight to Okene is safe both day n night............ Likewise Iyara to Ijumu forwarding to Kabba join Okene expressway is absolutely commendable. Thumb up GYB. U just mentioned my home town. Iyara ile owo
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by hoodmenconcept(m): 9:24pm On May 18, 2017
How I wish, all these motocylces and truck are been produced in Nigeria... angry angry sad sad

1 Like

Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by chukwuibuipob: 9:29pm On May 18, 2017
grin sad see how they dress like our vigilante Minister
Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by Aromas: 9:30pm On May 18, 2017
[quote author=Tosin249 post=56655788][/quote] nice one bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okorocha Can Only Be Suspended At Ward Level, Imo APC Replies Oshiomhole / Gbajabiamila Denies Being Convicted In US / Kogi APC Governorship Primary, Biggest Fraud In Nigeria’s History – Shuaibu Audu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.