Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia (1274 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia by Katsumoto: 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2010
I think it is time to give the job to Siasia. Amodu is a clueless coach and knows nothing about football.
Who goes to a tournament with 5 holding midfielders and more strikers than midfielders?
Who does not know the strength of his players?
Who picks unfit and injured players while fit players are watching at home?

How did Yakubu finish that game when he was the most useless player on the pitch? Why did Amodu substitute Mikel for Kanu? Why did it take so long to introduce Nsofor and why did Amodu finish the game with two holding MF when we were chasing the game? How did players like Adeleye, Adebayo, Rabiu, Okoro, Macauley, etc not get a look in and useless players like Nwaneri, Yusuf, Keita, Yakubu get selected?

It is too late to get a world class coach before the world cup but there are a few decent coaches in Nigeria. Some are mentioning Oliseh but I think he is untried but he is the kind of strong personality that is needed. Keshi is also a good coach but I think Siasia is the best person to take Nigeria forward.
He can build the team around upcoming players while adding a few of the current squad. If Nigerians shout loud enough, maybe the idiots at NFF will understand and appoint Siasia otherwise Nigeria is going to be embarrassed further at the world cup. How can Nigeria lose 3-1 to an Egyptian that was missing Zaki, Mido, Aboutreka, Barakat?
Re: It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia by GTay(m): 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
How about - It's time to [b]Privatise [/b]the Super Eagles cool
Re: It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia by Katsumoto: 2:35pm On Jan 13, 2010
GTay:

How about - It's time to [b]Privatise [/b]the Super Eagles cool

Bros, this is a serious matter now.
Re: It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia by GTay(m): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
lol cheesy okay no vex

Siasia? Good Option but he would need time! and lots of it to build a championship winning team - I mean lets face it, we dont have a team i.m.o. And I'm not sure we should expect any miracles before the world cup in S.A at this rate especially with this set of players!

Players who shouldnt be in the team should be dropped! Those who remain should be played in their [b]best [/b]positions.

Yesterday's lineup for example had players playing in unusual positions
I mean did you see the formation yesterday? Where's the creativity coming from?
If no CAM, then who are the LM and RM: Mikel and Etuhu shocked Oh Please lipsrsealed

Enyeama

Taiwo Nwaneri Yobo M.Yusuf

Etuhu Ayila Mikel

Obasi Yakubu Kalu
Re: It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia by Katsumoto: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
GTay:

lol cheesy okay no vex

Siasia? Good Option but he would need time! and lots of it to build a championship winning team - I mean lets face it, we dont have a team i.m.o. And I'm not sure we should expect any miracles before the world cup in S.A at this rate especially with this set of players!

Players who shouldnt be in the team should be dropped! Those who remain should be played in their [b]best [/b]positions.

Yesterday's lineup for example had players playing in unusual positions
I mean did you see the formation yesterday? Where's the creativity coming from?
If no CAM, then who are the LM and RM: Mikel and Etuhu shocked Oh Please lipsrsealed

Enyeama

Taiwo Nwaneri Yobo M.Yusuf

Etuhu Ayila Mikel

Obasi Yakubu Kalu

Going to the WC with Siasia is more about damage limitation. Going with Amodu is analogous to committing suicide; remember Zaire in 74. Siasia can start building towards the next nations cup and world cup qualifiers because with the poor showing, Nigeria is likely to be paired with a strong team (CIV, Ghana, Egypt, Cameroun) for the next WC qualifiers. I am almost certain that Nigeria would not have made it to the WC if she was paired with one of those teams.
Re: It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia by naso2(m): 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2010
To achieve this , you may have to mutallab everyone in the NFF.
Re: It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia by Katsumoto: 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2010
na_so:

If thats what's necessary then its a must. Who is going to volunteer?
Re: It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia by GTay(m): 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
na_so:

grin
Re: It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia by chidyke77(m): 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
Kanu and yakubu shuldnt be included in our subsequent matches coz both are weak. The best selection that could hav given us d victory are those players that played d friendly wt france,those boys are good and the spirit,energy and determination is in them.
Re: It's Time To Give The Job To Siasia by Katsumoto: 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
chidyke77:

Kanu and yakubu shuldnt be included in our subsequent matches coz both are weak. The best selection that could hav given us d victory are those players that played d friendly wt france,those boys are good and the spirit,energy and determination is in them.

Unfortunately, Amodu did not take some of those boys to the tournament. Instead he took overrated players like Yobo, Yakubu, Kalu Uche and quota fillers like Yusuf and Keita.

(1) (Reply)

KELECHI IHENACHO HEADING FOR GHANA / An Open Letter From David Moyes To Louis Van Gaal After His First Defeat. / A Few Days Till The Transfer Window Shuts Who Is Arsenal Signing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.