Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

7 Unknown Facts About Your NYSC State Of Deployment - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 7 Unknown Facts About Your NYSC State Of Deployment (856 Views)

Nysc State Allawee 2018 / Guys log in dashboard reading select state of deployment / 2017 Batch A: Which State Of Deployment Is Your Dream And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Unknown Facts About Your NYSC State Of Deployment by corpersforum(f): 7:39am On May 19, 2017
Congratulations, you have been posted to a state. You have been officially deployed by NYSC to a place you will spend the next 11 months to serve your Father land.

The mixed feelings by Prospective Corp Members towards the state of deployment is a normal thing and it has been existing for a very long time. If you had cried over your call-Up letter or refused to eat, it's a normal thing.

Here are 7 Unknown Facts About Your NYSC State Of Deployment

1. It's not what you think
Your NYSC State Of Deployment is not what you think at all. In fact what you think you know about the state can be all wrong.
About this time last year, I was printed my call-up letter and I saw Plateau State.

The first thing I did was that I searched for Plateau on google. You know what I saw on the front page?... I saw the 2002 Bombing, 2007 religious Crises, killing, dead bodies and more things I was expecting.

I came to camp with the intention that I would redeploy back to South West. But when I got there, I discovered that everything I thought I knew about Plateau State was wrong. Although there was a point they were valid, but now, there is peace.

Many of you guys would be like me. Thinking all sort of bad things about the state just because you do not want or like the place.
So cut it dear reader..... all what you are thinking can be all wrong.

2. It's not what people are saying either
Another 7 Unknown Facts About Your NYSC State Of Deployment is that it's not what people are telling you.
My Sister Evelyn, sent me this message on Facebook:

"Bro, I was posted to Jigawa, am not happy. Because of distance, my neighbor told me that i will spend close to 3 days on the road. Boko Haram and Sharia Law..."

I was laughing out loud but I can't let her know because she was so serious.
Many of you are like her. People around you who have never been to where you are posted will say a lot of film tricks and fictions. Do not let their super stories scare you. Because the state you are posted to is not what they think either.

3. There are Corp Members where you are posted to
Many of you guys would talk as if you will be the first Corper posted to the history of where you are going. The fact is, you will not be the first or the last to serve where you are posted to.

4. You are not alone.
Just like Liverpool slang, you are not alone in this. You are not the only one posted to the state. So why panic. To know the fact that you are not alone is a courageous moral... So now that you know that you are not the only one, you should calm down and be happy.

5. There are no bad states.
That's a fact that you should know. You do not need to fix your mentality claiming some states are bad. Many of you who think if you are not posted to Lagos or Abuja, you have been posted to a bad state should stop that.
Anywhere you are posted, you can make it a great deal. You can make the best out of your service year.

6. You shall not die
Many people think Lagos or Abuja is the United States white house. People can die anywhere. No where is safe. Death is not your portion and you shall not die In Jesus Name. You will serve in peace.
So many of you thinking everywhere is not safe except the states you were born and brought up.
You shall not die. So do not think where you are posted to will hasten your death or whatever.
Be happy and be a motivation to people.

7. You might get married and settle down after NYSC
Most people grumble and murmur about their state of deployment at first. But along the line, they would fall in love with the state, fall in love with a girl, get a Job or start a business and finally settle down without even going back to where they came from.

You can really make it anywhere. Do not limit yourself. My dear readers, note those 7 Facts and be happy for wherever you are posted.
You might fall in love with the state after NYSC Orientation camp.

Thanks for reading 7 Unknown Facts About Your NYSC State Of Deployment. If you want to redeploy, it is allowed. Check this How To Apply For NYSC Redeployment & Relocation

Ex-Corpers, please share your experience below and let our PCMs learn.

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/nysc-library/7-unknown-facts-about-your-nysc-state-of-deployment/]

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Crazyman
Ogbeche77
Dominique

1 Like

Re: 7 Unknown Facts About Your NYSC State Of Deployment by SuperSuave(m): 7:47am On May 19, 2017
hmmm God helep me o

1 Like

Re: 7 Unknown Facts About Your NYSC State Of Deployment by corpersforum(f): 8:40am On May 19, 2017
SuperSuave:
hmmm God helep me o

Amen
Re: 7 Unknown Facts About Your NYSC State Of Deployment by ennon92(m): 11:09am On May 19, 2017
An eye opener!

(1) (Reply)

2021 Oyo State Batch C Corpers / Nysc / Please Help This Otondo (me) :) Answer This Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.