Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm (25139 Views)

Polls: FG Puts Embassies, Diplomats Under Watch Over PVT / Place Atiku On Security Watch, Miyetti Allah Tells Buhari / EFCC: We’ve Placed Top Politicians Under Surveillance To Check Vote-buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by Eddygourdo(m): 5:19pm On May 19, 2017
ephi123:
It's very simple. Mr President should return to Nigeria. Eod.
to do what exactly. the man is clearly incapacitated and it's the sensitive nature of our politics that's preventing him from resigning honourably.

why can't the youths of today fight for regional strength, why can't we agitate for true federalism. the president can never have enough influence capable of affecting you and I. strong regions will ensure transparency and efficiency. strong regions will erode the tribal and religious biases that has been holding this nation back. so I say again, what is he coming back for
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by Gentlesniper(m): 5:20pm On May 19, 2017
in this century and age, naija is too big for a random coup to be successful, probably a palace coup by high ranking officers and backed by strong politicians at the top.
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by CoolFreeday(m): 5:21pm On May 19, 2017
Its not easy to fight corruption.
God bless Nigeria God bless PMB
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by ephi123(f): 5:22pm On May 19, 2017
Eddygourdo:
to do what exactly. the man is clearly incapacitated and it's the sensitive nature of our politics that's preventing him from resigning honourably.

why can't the youths of today fight for regional strength, why can't we agitate for true federalism. the president can never have enough influence capable of affecting you and I. strong regions will ensure transparency and efficiency. strong regions will erode the tribal and religious biases that has been holding this nation back. so I say again, what is he coming back for

To do his work simple. He was elected to rule so he must rule, afterall didn't he contest 3 times? And if he is incapacitated then he should use the hospitals in the country, not go and sit tight in a foreign country while the nation is in disarray.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 19, 2017
Of course we know who they are.

Abba Kayri and certain individuals in northern elders forum that are threatening Nigerians with fire and stones should Buhari not able to function in office.
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by Omeokachie: 5:25pm On May 19, 2017
Politicians and not soldiers?

Dude is testing the waters...
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by BABANGBALI: 5:26pm On May 19, 2017
IgbosAreGreat:
so this coup thing is REAL
it is o, I sawed it in Lagos last week
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by aolawale025: 5:26pm On May 19, 2017
Instead of watching politicians they ought to have arrested people in the army by now.
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 19, 2017
ahjustweak

Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by AngelicBeing: 5:35pm On May 19, 2017
Nigerians Idus Martiae >> beware the ldes of March sad
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by Smooyis(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2017
The only logical solution to the myraid of problems facing Nigeria is RESTRUCTURING, CONFEDERALISM , OR COMPLETE DISINTEGRATION.

The more we delay to do any of these, the worst for the nation.

The youths should rise up and demand for true change instead of gambling with their future by engaging in tribal and religious jingoism.

God save Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by LordOfNaira: 6:04pm On May 19, 2017
ephi123:

To do his work simple. He was elected to rule so he must rule, afterall didn't he contest 3 times? And if he is incapacitated then he should use the hospitals in the country, not go and sit tight in a foreign country while the nation is in disarray.

The country is not in disarray. The president rushing back home might even cause more panic!!!
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by madjune(m): 6:05pm On May 19, 2017
Nigeria seriously needs prayers.

If Buhari is incapacitated, Osinbajo takes over and that to wit, means Tinubu running things.

This scenario is a nightmare to some very powerful elements under the shadows as we speak.
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by chukwuibuipob: 6:08pm On May 19, 2017
sad my pot show ATIKU
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by paramakina202: 6:12pm On May 19, 2017
Any time Buhari shows face wetin you go dey hear is fight against corruption followed by recession and finally Coup.
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by ivandragon: 6:22pm On May 19, 2017
its all part of the plan.

create tension when there is non as an excuse to clamp down on perceived political opponents.

about a year ago when people were hailing this 'regime' for proposing massive recruitment of security officers, I pointed out that this was a classic dictator's move... increase security forces while the economy goes to shit...

well, 2018 will be very very interesting...

1 Like

Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by HARDDON: 6:24pm On May 19, 2017
eezeribe:
Buhari's Administration has taken Nigeria back to 'Pre-Democracy' Era.
We are now hearing of Coup,after how many decades,Not to mention the high level of Impunity and violation of fundamental human rights by our security Agencies.
Would he also blame GEJ for this

"The choice before Nigerians in the coming election is simple: A choice between going forward or going backwards; between the new ways and the old ways; between freedom and repression; between a record of visible achievements and beneficial reforms – and desperate power-seekers with empty promises…
Our political opponents shall assail us with the fury of their desperation to win power. They will use every means – intimidation, false accusations, hostile media and more. Do not descend to their level. We must stay focused on the mission at hand – to secure Nigeria’s future.”

......GEJ

Who says there r no prophets?

1 Like

Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by HARDDON: 6:25pm On May 19, 2017
paramakina202:
Any time Buhari shows face wetin you go dey hear is fight against corruption followed by recession and finally Coup.

Guess the tiger cant change it dark spots even wit d chanGe mantra on which he rode to power
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by paramakina202: 6:28pm On May 19, 2017
HARDDON:

Guess the tiger cant change it dark spots even wit d chanGe mantra on which he rode to power

The guy na bad news.
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by ndubueze92(m): 6:29pm On May 19, 2017
rozayx5:
can they just divide this country

and allow regions to develop

tired of this joke called Nigeria already

it has been 6 decades of beating around the bush with no sign of progress happening soon

and more than 100 years after lugards joke, the cesspit is far from developed

you drill oil in Akwa Ibom - share it with red sand states

you generate power - share it with red sand states

very useless contraption
Your life history should be fit for a comical relief... This i strongly believe will help reduce frustration in this country. You speak with an Olympian height of stupidity.... Next time don't come to Nairaland to vomit.
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by nell4: 6:33pm On May 19, 2017
rozayx5:
can they just divide this country

and allow regions to develop

tired of this joke called Nigeria already

it has been 6 decades of beating around the bush with no sign of progress happening soon

and more than 100 years after lugards joke, the cesspit is far from developed

you drill oil in Akwa Ibom - share it with red sand states

you generate power - share it with red sand states

very useless contraption
that is ehhh ,they are just going round and round no achievement since independence.
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by rozayx5(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2017
ndubueze92:
Your life history should be fit for a comical relief... This i strongly believe will help reduce frustration in this country. You speak with an Olympian height of stupidity.... Next time don't come to Nairaland to vomit.

parasite. never in your frustrated life quote me again

leech
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by naija2dabone(m): 6:42pm On May 19, 2017
NIGERIANS WILL NEVER FORGET THESE QUOTES:

"A serious government will fix power problem in six months."
- Babatunde Raji Fashola (November 12, 2014)

"Stone us [APC] if we do not perform after two years." - Tony Momoh ( April 3, 2016, The Guardian)

"The only way to have stable electricity is to vote out PDP."
- Babatunde Raji Fashola (July 12, 2014, The Nation)

"We seriously frown at President Goodluck Jonathan, over the unceremonious removal of the Group Managing Director of NNPC, Mr Andrew Yakubu."
(APC, August 4, 2014, Channels TV)

"Jonathan is leading a visionless government."
- Yemi Osinbajo (December 22, 2014, Thisday & tweet@ProfOsinbajo)

"Jonathan should resign if he has no solution to the violence being unleashed on some parts of the country."
- Nasiru El-Rufai (August 2012)

"The only solution to the present political uncertainty in the country is for the National Assembly to set machineries in motion for the impeachment of ailing President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua."
- Muhammadu Buhari (March 10, 2010, Sun Newspapers)

"Why is the nation’s currency, the Naira, now trading for N180 per Dollar, while the South African Rand is trading at R11 to one United States Dollar?"
- Babatunde Raji Fashola (Dec 26, 2014, The Nation)

"Give Nigerians a daily update on the health of President Umaru Yar’Adua to stem the growing rumours surrounding his state of health."
- Lai Mohammed (December 21, 2009, The Nation)

"Amaechi is not only clean but a tool to free Nigeria from the corruption imposed on us by those who hate our nation."
- APC (October 24, 2016, Vanguard)

"The recent proscription of Boko Haram and Ansaru violates the Constitution."
- Lai Mohammed (June 10, 2013, The Nation)

"I have decided, as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again."
- Aisha Buhari (October 14, 2016, BBC)

"People are now appointed to top posts because of the influence a "few people" wield. Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position."
- Aisha Buhari (October 14, 2016, BBC)

"I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room."
- Muhammadu Buhari (October 14, 2016, BBC/Punch)

"Buhari is giving cabals billions through forex subsidy."
- Emir Sanusi of Kano (August 26, 2016, Daily Trust)

"I can sit in my garden, make billions through forex without sweat."
– Emir Sanusi of Kano (August 25, 2016)

"The funds spended were properly spended."
- Solomon Dalung, Sports Minister (December 19, 2016, Punch/YouTube)

"Athletes don't need training to win medals."
- Solomon Dalung, Sports Minister (September 12, 2016)

"I and my ministers must declare our assets."
- Muhammadu Buhari, President-elect (April 13, 2015, NigerianEye)

Be careful of what you say today because of tomorrow...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by afamaustin(m): 6:48pm On May 19, 2017
Anything wee wan happen make n happen fast fast am running out of patient
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by thoollz: 6:48pm On May 19, 2017
Dpharisee:
That is why in the recent recruitment Katsina State alone is producing 51 officers into the DSS and the 6 States of SW was given 54, SS 42, SE 44 and the same scenario has played out in the other security agencies and notably there is not a single South Easterner in the National security Council since this Govt took over power.
The North is strategically positioning itself with regards to security issues and their militia called 'herdsmen' are being used to test the grounds in the South and penetrate them, such that if there is a go ahead order it will be easy to occupy the South like ISIS did in Iraq and Syria using the same strategy.

If there are plans for coup, then it could ONLY be Northern officers behind it as other regions are not in strategic positions at the moment in the security apparatus for such activity and can only be co-opted if they can get willing actors.

The most unfortunate part is that youths from the South who should be concerned about this events as it affects their future are divided along religious and ethnic lines calling themselves stupid acronyms such as Afonja, erosion area, brown roof, cone head, flat head etc while either defending or casting aspersions on the present regime.
Bro, truth be told, I'm not proud to be a Nigerian youth. A biased foreigner that comes to Nairaland can see that about 60% of our youths are not intellectually sound.
They're either fantasizing about bosoms and irrelevant things or spewing thrash about how a criminal is an afonja or jew. This is why some whites can sit somewhere and talk ill of us. Well i don't blame them (the whites) rather our guys that don't know that these politicians don't give a bleep about us.

2 Likes

Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 19, 2017
kinibigdeal:
WHO ELSE ARE THEY FOOLISHLY THINKING OF, IF NOT WIKE AND FAYOSE

If DSS hold u now, u go begin beg.....
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by teniboss(m): 7:47pm On May 19, 2017
Dpharisee:
That is why in the recent recruitment Katsina State alone is producing 51 officers into the DSS and the 6 States of SW was given 54, SS 42, SE 44 and the same scenario has played out in the other security agencies and notably there is not a single South Easterner in the National security Council since this Govt took over power.
The North is strategically positioning itself with regards to security issues and their militia called 'herdsmen' are being used to test the grounds in the South and penetrate them, such that if there is a go ahead order it will be easy to occupy the South like ISIS did in Iraq and Syria using the same strategy.

If there are plans for coup, then it could ONLY be Northern officers behind it as other regions are not in strategic positions at the moment in the security apparatus for such activity and can only be co-opted if they can get willing actors.

The most unfortunate part is that youths from the South who should be concerned about this events as it affects their future are divided along religious and ethnic lines calling themselves stupid acronyms such as Afonja, erosion area, brown roof, cone head, flat head etc while either defending or casting aspersions on the present regime and joining them in the diversionary tactics of blaming Jonathan for every inadequacy after 2 years of the ruling party being in charge.

If anyone is observant you will see that APC as a party have been relegated to the background, the national officers voices have been drowned out that many are beginning to forget that John Oyegun is still the National chairman, the focus is on the 2 factional chairmen of the PDP from the North, Arewa Consultative Forum, Northern Elders Forum, etc issuing threats and making newspaper headlines, these are the people that are given media coverage which are paid for by the cabal that is behind the coup scare.

With the number and crowd of people queuing up to register in Anambra State for example for the ongoing voters card registration, it is now clear like Jonathan (he failed his people by the way) mentioned to Olusegun Adeniyi in his Book that Prof. Jega intentionally disenfranchised areas that were PDP strongholds which meant that only fewer people voted while underage kids in Kano had voters card and actually voted enmasse.

Youths in the South who spend a lot of time on social media should equally pay more attention to political schemings of Northern politicians and spend lesser time castigating themselves online before it gets late.
bros slow down, the DSS as a whole only take 100 person's per year.....from where did you get your fact fromplsss let's not say what we don't knw bcuz we on social media
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by screamng: 8:19pm On May 19, 2017
blowing whistle ............... buratai has been compromized.
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by BeardedMeat(m): 8:24pm On May 19, 2017
ephi123:
It's very simple. Mr President should return to Nigeria. Eod.
As a corned beef this time
Re: Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm by Raypawer(m): 8:44pm On May 19, 2017
Never, can that happen, Akwa Ibom never and will never support Biafra as it is not part of igbo state... even sales of land to the igbos is restricted in some parts of Akwa Ibom let alone support them.. they are restricted

If you hear any one speaking he language, he/she learn it, check well, he's not an Akwa Ibomite

Edu3Again:

Everybody is getting tired of this rubbish called Nigeria.

Some regions believe its their right to rule!

No wonder Akwa Ibom & Rivers State is openly supporting IPOB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWBgUMb1zM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMwKjOV1fUQ

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili: Tinubu Is Overrated, Can't Even Control Alimosho / Scarcity Of Fuel In Anambra State - Pictures / Dapo Abiodun Meets With Babatunde Fashola Over Otta-Abeokuta Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.