Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) (20913 Views)

Open Letter To Ahmed Asiwaju Bola Tinubu By General Adeyinka Adebayo / Florence Ajimobi Presenting Flowers To Adeyinka Adebayo In 1966 (Throwback Photo / Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by oyeb15: 4:05pm On May 19, 2017
Somebody should tell the governor to settle with Petroleum marketers in Ekiti State. Since this scarcity, transport fare have increased by 100% and life is becoming harsh. Its becoming political & nobody is in joyous or celeb mood right now.
Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by Adebowale89(m): 4:20pm On May 19, 2017
ChristyB:
RIP Baba
Can they be fast? my sister is hungry, now she's started sleeping

be more concerned of your sisters that go unclad in aba today

if they have been sleeping like this, they won't have been constituting nuisance in public

think before u talk, stop typing when your brain network had failed

6 Likes

Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by ChristyB(f): 4:32pm On May 19, 2017
I see your brain is on hibernation

Adebowale89:

be more concerned of your sisters that go unclad in aba today

if they have been sleeping like this, they won't have been constituting nuisance in public

think before u talk, stop typing when your brain network had failed
Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by 2shure: 4:53pm On May 19, 2017
See as dah afonja woman dey sleep.
She be dey think say amala and ewedu na instanta.
If dem nor serve food.
Ppl go vex sleep.
See guy man fayose dey read comments for nairaland.
Fayose must show himsef sha

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by Naijaarchive(m): 5:37pm On May 19, 2017
Granger:
Burial or political rally?

God will kuku bless you... Stupi.d people
Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by Antichristus: 5:57pm On May 19, 2017
wowmenow:
traitor general

Who is this lonely wolf?
Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by BABANGBALI: 7:00pm On May 19, 2017
ChristyB:
RIP Baba
Can they be fast? my sister is hungry, now she's started sleeping
That's ajepako, she only camed there because of the jollof rice
Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by 2n2k(m): 7:24pm On May 19, 2017
9jakohai:
The former governor of the old Western State (1967-71).under the Gowon administration

Robert Adeyinka Adebayo (9 March 1928 – 8 March 2017) was a Nigerian Army Major General who served as governor of the now defunct the Western State of Nigeria, 1966–1971.He was also Chief of Staff of the Nigerian Army and was Commandant of the Nigerian Defence Academy.

For those of you who do not know...Western State included all the states presently in the South West, Lagos excepted. It was divided in 1976 by Murtala into Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, then later on Osun was carved out of Oyo in 1991, then Ekiti was carved out of Ondo in 1996.

Sauce: Wikipedia

At bolded. General Adebayo was actually appointed the governor of western region not state in 1966 and that included all the present south west including 4 out of 5 divisions that constitute the present day lagos state (i.e. Ikorodu, Badagry, Ikeja and Epe divisions) only federal lagos (i.e. Lagos island, victoria island, Ikoyi and apapa) was excepted.

It was later in 1967 that the present day lagos state was carved out. This explains the participation of lagos state in the burial events.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by ajepako(f): 8:15pm On May 19, 2017
BABANGBALI:

Alafishe..... grin grin grin grin
Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by ChristyB(f): 11:05pm On May 20, 2017
Well, at least she camed.

BABANGBALI:
Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by BABANGBALI: 7:22am On May 21, 2017
ChristyB:
Well, at least she camed.

but you didn't came there
Re: Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) by ChristyB(f): 11:15am On May 22, 2017
I didn't came ooo, i wish i camed. LOL

BABANGBALI:
but you didn't came there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari To Inaugurate First Northern Nigeria's River Port On Saturday / Kashamu Withdrew Case Against Adebutu’s Firm Before Death –lawyer / Osun 2022: Aregbesola Describes Oyetola As Most "Useless And Corrupt Governor"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.