Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,891 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago (25728 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Threw A Low Budget Baby Shower For His Wife / New Haircut: Mark Zuckerberg Mocked On Twitter (Photos) / How Mark Zuckerberg Is Slowly Killing Off Snapchat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by todaynewsreview: 10:46pm On May 19, 2017
As shared by Mark Zuckerberg

Today is Priscilla and my five year wedding anniversary, and I want to share a fun story about how it came together.

Yesterday was the five year anniversary of Facebook's IPO. Now you may ask, who would plan their wedding for the day after their IPO? Good question.

Priscilla and I wanted a low key wedding so we decided to make it a surprise and have it in our backyard. I sent our friends and family an email telling them I was throwing a surprise party for Priscilla to celebrate her graduation from medical school. Since they thought it was a surprise for Priscilla, they kept it quiet. When they showed up at our home, I told them we were getting married. It was a great day.

One side effect of having a surprise wedding is that Facebook's CFO who was managing our IPO process had no idea we were getting married. With IPOs, the process goes on for a while and you just go public when everything is ready. When I originally set the date for our surprise, we had no idea when the IPO would be.

I remember the day David, our CFO, told me the IPO process would conclude on May 18. I was shocked. I closed the door and asked if it was possible to maybe do it a few days sooner. He said it wouldn't be ready yet. I asked if maybe we could do it a week later, and he told me that May 18 was the day it would be ready so it needed to be that day. And that's how our IPO came to be the day before our wedding.

The wedding was really special, but, as you know, our IPO wasn't exactly smooth. Priscilla and I took off on our honeymoon, but I wanted to be with our team when things got rocky, so I cut our honeymoon a few days short. Instead, I promised Priscilla that every year we'd have a honeymoon to celebrate our marriage.

That brings us to today. Some years we've gone to Japan or France. This year we're traveling around the US and we'll be spending our honeymoon in rural Maine. One lesson I've learned from marriage is that exploring together just gets better over time.

Priscilla, here's to a great sixth year of marriage and perhaps some better planning in the future!

http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/3701/how-mark-zuckerberg-surprise-wedding-was-done-6-years-ago

lalasticlala

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by decatalyst(m): 10:57pm On May 19, 2017
Mark my nigga...this is a perfect plan to send away unwanted guests at one's wedding...especially in this economic hullabaloo grin that's why I love you Mark

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by Paulpaulpaul(m): 11:03pm On May 19, 2017
Money answeret all things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 19, 2017
Lovely!!!
Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by RichYoungNigga: 6:55am On May 20, 2017

And he's still married to his wife

Remember when Tiwa Savage got married in Dubai ??
What happened to her marriage ??

Remember when Toolz got married in Dubai ?? What happened to her marriage ??

The only thing that destroys marriages is women cheating on their husbands

28 Likes

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by chinybelle(f): 6:55am On May 20, 2017
Ladies for your affordable hairs and wigs
Visit my thread and make a choice.
Have it delivered to any location in Nigeria for free..

https://www.nairaland.com/3670197/chinybelle-hair-nairaland-sales-outlet

Hurry!!!
Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by brightology3: 6:55am On May 20, 2017
bubu

4 Likes

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by rozayx5(m): 6:56am On May 20, 2017
cool

billionaire status
Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by Ekakamba: 6:57am On May 20, 2017
Good concept. grin
Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by Soljaboi44(m): 6:57am On May 20, 2017
ssoryt

1 Like

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by justi4jesu(f): 6:58am On May 20, 2017
grin grin
Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by SooCute(m): 6:58am On May 20, 2017
Thats my kind of nigga....low-key surprise!

Please when is Seun and NL MODS going to stop all these fraudsters posting FAKE and AFTER-GAME-EDITED bet slip?
Stop defrauding people. bet your bet and get rich like E-money. We don't care!!!!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by MarvelJ: 6:58am On May 20, 2017
Whats IPO?!

13 Likes

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by Nobody: 6:59am On May 20, 2017
Nonsense. Just say you don't know how to cook jollof rice instead of all these stories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by Ekakamba: 6:59am On May 20, 2017
Mynd44 cum & sea, is it by force for one to make money. Ban this parasite joor. Àbi dem dey give returns?
jack22221:
contact me with the number below

4 Likes

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by ikorodureporta: 7:00am On May 20, 2017
Nothing to say...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by Partnerbiz(f): 7:02am On May 20, 2017
My nigga
Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:04am On May 20, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

What happened to Toolz's marriage o? undecided

24 Likes

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by sekem: 7:05am On May 20, 2017
MarvelJ:
Whats IPO?!

Initial Public Offering.

Google is your only friend.

5 Likes

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by gbengalite(m): 7:05am On May 20, 2017
Even billionaires keep it low. It's sad that the poor and middle class make the loudest noise. Great lesson here for Nigerians

30 Likes

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by Brigance(m): 7:07am On May 20, 2017
Great couple making mighty Strides.

Imagine these wealthy guys concluding a wedding with just more than a few dollars.

Whereas, somewhere in my country today, several amounts in life savings is being gobbled down to keep up with societal expectations and then the couple begins their honeymoon with worries of debt.

16 Likes

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by HottestFire: 7:07am On May 20, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

[s]The only thing that destroys marriages is women cheating on their husbands[/s]

You are making a wrong assertion..The only wedding that I know of Toolz is with Tunde Demuren and it is still standing...
For your mind men cheating on their wives is normal abi?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by Godfullsam(m): 7:08am On May 20, 2017
If this man were a Nigerian, heaven and earth will know she was getter married . Few years later, we will start hearing stories.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by OliveCynosure(f): 7:08am On May 20, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

what's wrong with Toolz's marriage ooo?

Certified Bad Belle

11 Likes

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by Uyi168: 7:09am On May 20, 2017
which one is IPO and CFO?

1 Like

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by kokosin: 7:11am On May 20, 2017
correct guy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by RichYoungNigga: 7:13am On May 20, 2017
OliveCynosure:

what's wrong with Toolz's marriage ooo?

Certified Bad Belle

Don't worry
You will hear the gist very soon

1 Like

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by seunny4lif(m): 7:14am On May 20, 2017
jack22221:
contact me with the number below
Seun and Lala the snake
Do the meaningful angry
See by force MMM

Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:14am On May 20, 2017
Yea, that story was inspiring!
Re: How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago by seunny4lif(m): 7:15am On May 20, 2017
Uyi168:
which one is IPO and CFO?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Socks Proxy And Anonymous Surfing / A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog / What's Your Own Website Address?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.