Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve (25616 Views)

What Is Blogging Really All About? / Is Blogging For Profits Dead? / Is Blogging Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by macklef(m): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
from a post i read, i heard that linda ikeji makes up to 30,000USD a month, well over 4million naira on blogging? I knw shes popular like that but is that earning fact or fiction? How much have u or do u make a month from blogging?

LIARS I WARN AGAIN...PLS SWERVE.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Afam4eva(m): 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
I'll also like to know how much our in-house ogbanje bloggers have made from their venture.

3 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by realugee: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
Its really possible to make it big just like linda... But the truth must be said there's a lot of competition + you need a lot of patience. Linda spent about 4 year before she started making 1kobo.

I am a blogger too. Its not just about having a google adsense account.

6 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by adewasco2k(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
@OP if you are about going into blogging just be very patient, dont even expect to earn more the first year.
work on your blog's SEO, and about Linda if she earns that much i seriously jealous her, but 80% of her earnings not from Google adsense but from direct adverts on her blog.

Goodluck blogging

4 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by omoelu1(m): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
its quite possible but its not a day's job (not even a year). i don't know if those using adsense can up to that, but if you grow ur blog enough and u start getting direct ads from large organizations, i believe you can make that much.
although, me i never make one naira but that's not my concern for now.

5 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by compyla: 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
macklef: from a post i read, i heard that linda ikeji makes up to 30,000USD a month, well over 4million naira on blogging? I knw shes popular like that but is that earning fact or fiction? How much have u or do u make a month from blogging?

LIARS I WARN AGAIN...PLS SWERVE.

lol...let me educate you a little. Blogging is a lucrative business and it's a business that doesn't recognize competition. What you need to blog is:
1) A good topic to blog about. Focus on a topic. Dont deviate.
2) Consistent posts that will keep your clients coming daily.
3) Make your post shareable by viewers, that way they will be able to publize for you.
4) Lastly, this step will determine whether your site will earn you money in quick time or not. ADVERTISING. You cant rule out this stage, you must pay for your adverts to get far and wide or you look for a lots of people and beg them passionately to share your sites posts. You can go on fiverr.com, dudes are there that will give you up to a thousand likes on your facebook page for just 5dollars.

If you doubt me, let's try it together. Give me 1yr and if you dont make money with your blog, I will pay you back all you have spent with 20% commission. If I don't, sue me or sue my company.

Contact me at compylatechnologies@gmail.com if you want to know more.

17 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by macklef(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
hmmmm, thank u all. For urr sugestions. Am pleased no 1 has lied dat he/she too makes millions a year. Lol. Thank u too compyla for bein nice. But one more thing, must one be a perfect writter, in terms of punctuations n gramatical structure n tenses to make it in bloging? In other words can i gbagaun sometimes?

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by adewasco2k(m): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
macklef: hmmmm, thank u all. For urr sugestions. Am pleased no 1 has lied dat he/she too makes millions a year. Lol. Thank u too compyla for bein nice. But one more thing, must one be a perfect writter, in terms of punctuations n gramatical structure n tenses to make it in bloging? In other words can i gbagaun sometimes?

lol, though good grammer is good for blogging but believe me its no problem or anything to worry about

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by compyla: 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
macklef: hmmmm, thank u all. For urr sugestions. Am pleased no 1 has lied dat he/she too makes millions a year. Lol. Thank u too compyla for bein nice. But one more thing, must one be a perfect writter, in terms of punctuations n gramatical structure n tenses to make it in bloging? In other words can i gbagaun sometimes?

well, I wont say grammar matters, but it all depends on your target audience. You can't tell an american or a canadian, gbadun. But if you are just focusing on 9ja 4 lif you can slang all you want.

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by macklef(m): 1:15am On Dec 18, 2013
cool...am creating my blog atm. Linda ikeji, here i come

4 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by realugee: 6:56am On Dec 18, 2013
macklef: cool...am creating my blog atm. Linda ikeji, here i come
Good luck with that.

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 18, 2013
Truth be told, Linda Ikeji earns more than 6 million naira per month blogging.

Most of her income are generated from the following sources:

1. Adverts (Direct & Indirect)

2. Sponsored Posts.

3. Event Promotions etc.

She was able to earn this much because she is the leading gossip site in Nigeria.

If you want to attain her height in blogging, you need to blog with passion not for cash. A lot of blogger are frustrated because they start blogging for cash instead of passion.

Seun Osewa has prove that with NairaLand. If seun started this forum because of money, I expect him to have cash out on it since.

Regards

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by macklef(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
My blog created. Hehehe.. Thanks bros..lets see how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dear macklef,

Welcome to the Blogging World.

Determination, Patience and Consistence.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes and do not pursue perfection.

Bloggers hidden secrets, Be Social (Facebook, Twitter and maybe Google+), Be Visible (Let your target audience or niche market found you in SERP) Be Value Driven (Build a community and add value).

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by compyla: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
NoblePat: Dear macklef,

Welcome to the Blogging World.

Determination, Patience and Consistence.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes and do not pursue perfection.

Bloggers hidden secrets, Be Social (Facebook, Twitter and maybe Google+), Be Visible (Let your target audience or niche market found you in SERP) Be Value Driven (Build a community and add value).

Regards

Now you are talking. If you need my help, I will be glad to render it for a token. That your blog needs modifications.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by adezjamz(m): 11:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
I'm still a learner cool

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by zangiff(m): 11:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
at first, the money is small but wig time, you go hammer big time

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
The only profit I've made is that dz ur post, has made front page wt my name on it.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Caprison(m): 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
jst started blogging two months ago....frankly speaking, it's not easy @all.....like seriously,i base on news n entertainment n all that which is more stressful in blogging....

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by SIRKOL(m): 11:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
I wonder hw much seun is making 4rm nairaland o

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by denzel2009: 11:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
wtf another silverdam, kemifilani, laila ikeji on the loose

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by scribble: 11:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
well this is my first year. just north of N4 million so far (THANK GOD)...i cant use my accounting degree...i have a different kind of vision
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by baynix(m): 11:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Vivly(f): 11:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
Please bloggers, try not to make up ludicrous and fake stories that shock the devil himself. Rumour mongering and lie peddling kills blog sites.

8 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by scribble: 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Google adsense is crap. had it up briefly in July. was set to make N80,000 my first month but Google f**ked me.

Its all right, i have a different kind of vision.

Google adsense can keep their cheese.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Ayomax(m): 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
hope Linda get a husband with all tht money

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Snoggy(m): 11:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
6 million per month just from blogging? shockedshocked

YeeeeH! But Seun rich pass that girl na

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Brimmie(m): 11:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
OK.. We've made like 400K this year ONLY! (Thanks to addynamo.. At least 25K comes in everymonth) (It's nothing)

It started paying off this year, and we hope to get more audience and make more bucks next year.

BTW, we be celebrating 100,000 FB Fans Soon.. Twitter Followers are increasing like shyte!!!

It's NaijaOlofofo.. Your Number 1 Gossipmonger!
http://naijaolofofo.com

3 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Saraben(f): 11:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
SIR KOL!:
I wonder hw much seun is making 4rm nairaland o
I dey wonder too o
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
I'm sure the bulk of her income is from paid adverts.

I hate blogging, its meant for only a few people, every lazy youth is now a blogger.

6 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by koboko69: 11:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
Stupid bloggers including Linda.plenty of fake news.. I think I prefer a forum like nairaland....where threads are moved to FP at the discression of stewped modes. At least the owner of the the forum is not directly involved. Topics are created by both sane and insane people.....and not really the boss himself/herself.

The same way a car wash opens down the street and starts making it...then everyone suddenly wants to own a car wash on the street. Nigerians and one way traffic. Blogging is bullshit...same news everywhere...just from diff sources. Peace out!

I hardly learnt anything from blogs. But i have learnt a lot from forums.

52 Likes

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by dkronicle(m): 11:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ahhh se alaba bois no go pirate dis blog money issue ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do Bloggers Get Their Money / Facebook To Add Dating Service - Mark Zuckerberg / How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.