Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,083 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:28 PM

Jimi Disu Discourse: Anger On Air Over Lagos Apc Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Disu Discourse: Anger On Air Over Lagos Apc Meeting (798 Views)

Amaechi, Osinbajo And Other APC Leaders Looking Visibly Defeated At APC Meeting / Photos Of Tinubu At APC Meeting Earlier Today Surface Online Amidst Ffk's Claims / Senator Suleiman Othman Hunkuyi Escapes Assassination At APC Meeting In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Disu Discourse: Anger On Air Over Lagos Apc Meeting by jonili(m): 1:54am On May 20, 2017
Former Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola, while in office, directed that no road should be closed for any social event so that other road users can have free access. That continued to large extent till the end of his administration. Is the situation the same now?

Recently, one Bashir, a Lagos resident claimed he lost his eight-day-old son after being allegedly trapped in a traffic jam caused by astakeholders’ meeting of the All Progressive Congress, APC in Lagos state held at the party secretariat, Acme road, Ogba. The Mother and some family members were taking the boy to the hospital when they were held up in the traffic. The meeting caused traffic on major roads around the APC state headquarters.

It was gathered that Bashir earlier took his child to one hospital but he was later referred to another hospital. A journey that could have taken about 15 minutes took him close to two and half hours and thechild died in the process.

Henry Ajomale and Jimi-Disu
APC Lagos State Chairman, Henry Ajomale was the guest of popular public commentator, Jimi Disu in his Jimi Disu Discourse monitored on Lagos Talk91.3; Morning Digest last week. Jimi said that there was neither letter of apology from the party nor the a visit by the governorto the bereaved family. “If it were to be a time of election, I know theywill do otherwise. I wish them luck, but the law of nature says ‘what goes around comes around’.

Those who made their contributions during the phone-in lamented the pains, commuters around the Acme road went through, blaming the situation on the party.

The discussion between the presenter of the Programme and the Party chairman, Henry Ajomale went thus:

Jimi: Good afternoon sir, did you hear about the child that died in traffic…Ajomale: Which child?Jimi: The child was said to have died in traffic caused by APC stakeholders’ meeting.Ajomale: Let me first of all apologise if it is true that the child died as a result of the traffic, but also, the traffic in Lagos is not just today’s thing. We did everything wecould to engage the police, the traffic management personnel to direct traffic so as not to obstruct other road users. But I also don’t know where it happened. There areso many exit points around where our secretariat is located, so, you could avoid coming to Acme road. Even on Acme, there are so many exit roads you can take without necessarily coming to the party secretariat. But if it happened, I amsorry about that. We are not aware that any life was lost.

Jimi: With due respect sir, this was in the media and people have been talking about what they suffered, spending hours in traffic that day. If the APC that runs the government cannot control traffic at the venue of a meeting . . .Ajomale: You cannot blame us for that…Jimi: No!, I blame you sir.Ajomale: When the Redeemed Christian Church is having a conference in far away Ogun State, the traffic in Lagos is always paralysed. So, what we are saying is that we have so many exit pointsand over 50 traffic wardens in that area alone. Don’t be an apostle of doom….

Jimi: I am not an apostle of doom…Ajomale: You said a life was lost, we must be able to concentrate on that and not use that as a sentiment and play on the life lost. Every life is very important to us. So I disagree with you….Jimi: I like to be addressed with a bit of respectAjomale: You have to respect me too, even in age, I am not your mate.Jimi: Your party held a meeting, around where the…

Ajomale: What do you expect us to do, having put in place the servicesof Police, traffic officials, so you don’t want us to hold any meeting at all in Lagos, where the party is based.?Jimi: You can have your meeting if…Ajomale: I am telling you we took every precaution to ensure free flow of traffic. So it happened, don’t let us play on the life of human being. For Christ sake don’t play politics with this.Jimi: Another statement we don’t want to hear . . ..Ajomale: If you don’t want to hear it, why do you invite me here? There is no reason you shouldJimi: But you came late, I invited you to come at 1 pmAjomale: No, You invited me for 3 pm.Jimi: I could not have invited you for 3 pmAjomale: I was here a quarter to three with the view that the interview was scheduled for 3pmJimi: We agreed for 1:30 pmAjomale: I am not a man who misses time. I am always on time. That is why I came here 15 minutesbefore the time.Jimi: I called your number several times but you didn’t pickAjomale: I also returned your call but you didn’t pick as well.Jimi: Chairman sir, this is not personal, Any message to the family of the late boy

Ajomale: The father of the child has not even reported to us, but what I am saying is that every life is very important to us. Again, if thechild died as a result of the traffic caused by our meeting, I am sorry about that. I am apologising on behalf of the party. I was not awareof the incident. We were inside anddidn’t know what was going on outside. We have the traffic warden who were supposed to be controlling the traffic.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/jimi-disu-discourse-anger-air-lagos-apc-meeting/
Re: Jimi Disu Discourse: Anger On Air Over Lagos Apc Meeting by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 3:00am On May 20, 2017
APC SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC & particularly TO THE FAMILY OF THE DECEASED.

LASG SHOULD ALSO PAY COMPENSATION TO THE DECEASED FAMILY.

GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS THE HUMAN RIGHTS JOURNALIST - JIMI DISU
Re: Jimi Disu Discourse: Anger On Air Over Lagos Apc Meeting by ikorodureporta: 5:33am On May 20, 2017
Mr Jimi 2 times! Lalasticlala, do u listen to #fpn??
Re: Jimi Disu Discourse: Anger On Air Over Lagos Apc Meeting by Montaque(m): 7:06am On May 20, 2017
APC has won, so they can take the masses for granted
Re: Jimi Disu Discourse: Anger On Air Over Lagos Apc Meeting by Nobody: 7:21am On May 20, 2017
I don't see anything wrong in the chairman's submission. he was not aware of the unfortunate situation. it's just unfortunate that the child is a victim of time.

the anchor took the matter personal. traffic gridlocks are bound to happen when such events take place and they put in a measure to contain it but I guess the traffic officials and police were overwhelmed.
Re: Jimi Disu Discourse: Anger On Air Over Lagos Apc Meeting by three: 11:40am On May 20, 2017
You can't fake character.

The character of a party is made up of the character of the people that are in that party.

How people expect a party to behave differently from the people who populate the party is bewildering.

Nigerians had an opportunity to demand and get better leadership but....

...anyways let's hope the same mistake isn't repeated. (or are we a Nation that is peopled largely by people of dubious character and inordinate ambition? Those who subscribe to better ideals must stand up and run for office)

(1) (Reply)

APIYG Vows To Join Ifeanyi Uba In Court Over NNPC Case In 25th May 2017. / Thread Following Ipob Sit At Home 30th May 2017 / Osinbajo In Maiduguri Hours After Boko Haram Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.