Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source (33641 Views)

Zannah Mustapha Who Set 82 Chibok Girls Free / The Release Of 82 Chibok Girls: Our Position- PDP / Nigerians React To The Release Of 82 Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by genearts(m): 11:09am On May 20, 2017
TippyTop:

High level boko haram bomb makers freed with 2mil euros, nice, very nice.

We have now given Boko haram enough money to sustain them for the next few years, thanks to President Vegetable.

errmm... i thought chibok girls was a scam, or have u shifted the goal post again? confused mofo

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by StarPlayer: 11:10am On May 20, 2017
ajebuter:
£2 million for Boko boys huh?

Very good, they have enough money to buy enough food, sophisticated weapon and arms...

Who says our government is clueless?
I wonder if you were the one held captive, you'd say such

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Boleyndynasty2(f): 11:11am On May 20, 2017
arsenal33:

Even the british, americans, french etc pay ransoms.

if your daughter was captured by kidnappers, won't you pay ransome?
If my daughter was kidnapped, obviously the kidnappers need money but in this BH case, is it money they truly want? Do you know how much more harm they'll cause other people and what exactly they can do with all that money?
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Nobody: 11:11am On May 20, 2017
Nigeria, the only country that negotiates with terrorists!
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Nobody: 11:11am On May 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
if that's what you can make out of what I wrote, then you are the child with no brains. I shouldn't be wasting time with little minded idiots like you. As foolish as you are claiming grown up and shit, you had to bring in flatty into your post. Get a life

You must be referring to you father as the idioot not me. Your father is the f00lish braiinless idioot. Your father is really stewpid
This government and Abba Kayri even Amaechi used this boko haram to made Nigeria uncomfortable and ungovernable to Nigerians. Now they're being rewarded handsomely. They are using one of them to causing confusions and distractions in opposition parties.

Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by sniperr007(m): 11:13am On May 20, 2017
bkool7:
So what ?

If you think its wrong , go to BH and collect back the money

But wont they use the money and knowledge for the relaxed men to kill more than 86 pple with their attacks?

Government made chibok girls a priority forgetting that other lives still matter. They can find better ways to end d group rather than arming them with cash and boasting them.
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by luminouz(m): 11:13am On May 20, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Jealousy be bawo...truth hurts.

Take a look at your miserable self and tell me if this picture below won't kill mosquitoes than the best spray outside there.
Spits on your Islamic face. Sure, you must be a terrorist.

Your mouth like the nozzle of a mosquito spray!
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ur diss is weak nigga! Ur supposed to be colonel drake na!!!!! Ur so insecure u dug through my pics to post one online? Even dat one looked hotter than ur destiny! Am always confident enough to be real unlike U!
Now put my pix DOWN coz u violated my privacy or I tell d MODS!!!!
On d other hand,ur gayy ass can masturbate on it..since ur so fascinated!!!
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Nobody: 11:13am On May 20, 2017
Why them do we need an army.I just pity Nigerians cause we will pay for this government's foolishness they have threatened they will bomb abuja and other states I also pity the solders what are they fighting for, if the boko haram get released and rewarded why then are they wasting their lives
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Boleyndynasty2(f): 11:14am On May 20, 2017
divicode:

You must be referring to you father as the idioot not me. Your father is the f00lish braiinless idioot. Your father is really stewpid

grin cheesy See them forming adult and grown-ups, brainless dimwit. And you even refer to yourself as someone's father smh
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by burkingx(f): 11:14am On May 20, 2017
grin.....White man dey pay ransom too grin grin

Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Lancelott(m): 11:15am On May 20, 2017
Enough money and expertise to prepare for 2019....well played script! From bombing IDP camps to paying murderous herdsmen now to sponsoring BH
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Timelezz: 11:17am On May 20, 2017
ikorodureporta:

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/chibok_girls
I have always known the APC Government led by Buhari is useless but paying that stupendous sum is only empowering the terrorists to gain much foothold. € 2million ? That amount could buy enough armoury to blow the Nigerian military apart.

But I'm persuaded to believe APC masterminded this kidnap! So they knew the terrorists and actually negotiated with them.

What the hell did they do with the so-called arrested Boko Haram terrorists?
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Uzorgod(m): 11:27am On May 20, 2017
If you know you voted for Buhari APC, your father!
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by bkool7(m): 11:28am On May 20, 2017
hatbricker:
Nigeria, the only country that negotiates with terrorists!
I'm sure you live in one local hell hole

Go to school , you won't . You think the internet is only for chatting ? Better get information and be informed instead of being a wailing zombies

The US paid ISIS to free an American soldier

m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/2/report-obama-paid-iran-400-million-ransom-american/

Israel exchanged 1000 millitants for just one captive Israeli

edition.cnn.com/2011/10/17/world/meast/israel-prisoner-swap-explainer/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Codes151(m): 11:29am On May 20, 2017
Ngokafor:
...In the face of this hydra-headed scam called Chibok girls,buhari/APC/northern elders have succeeded in channeling funds(2milliin Euros and counting) to themselves via boko-haram..

..Very wicked people, but i know that the truth will surely come out one day.
some just collected 2m euros!!! How was the csh paid n to whom!? Transfer or they carried 2m to bush!? Lol..
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by blackaxe78: 11:29am On May 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
If true, FG is now sponsoring Boko Haram cry. The only country in the world that negotiates with terrorist, even funding their gang. Soon Herdsmen would be settled too cry. Released their commanders in prison, Gave em money to buy more arms, kidnap more girls, feed em fat. This is so twisted on a lot of levels

Shut-up!

Get your facts right! Every country negotiates with terrorist. It just that terms of agreement re not disclosed publicly. A great America,Britain an France do it.

Google is at your disposal.
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Codes151(m): 11:29am On May 20, 2017
Uzorgod:
If you know you voted for Buhari APC, your father!
lol! Their papa
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Nobody: 11:31am On May 20, 2017
bkool7:

Go to school , you won't . You think the internet is only for chatting ? Better get information and be informed instead of being a wailing zombies

m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/2/report-obama-paid-iran-400-million-ransom-american/

Ok you had to insult me before you could pass your message huh? You've been noticed you that live in urban area
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:31am On May 20, 2017
godunia:
The lives of those girls worth more than that amount. Life is priceless, people will go to any length to discredit this effort made by government. The country had more money under Jonathan, how many girls gained freedom despite the money handed over to Boko Haram? What matters to me is that the girls are free. When you are a parent, you will understand the plight of the parents of these girls, if your child was kidnapped and you have the money to pay ransom, won't you no matter the cost? Meanwhile that report is rubbish, read it well

So the lives of the so-called CHibok girls are worth more than the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost their loves to Boko Haram and the ones who wil still lose their lives due to the foolishness of this government? If you have lost a loved one to these terrorists, you won't be spewing this thrash. Accept it, this government is a dud and it's the biggest mistake Nigerians have cursed themselves with
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by blackaxe78: 11:32am On May 20, 2017
TippyTop:

High level boko haram bomb makers freed with 2mil euros, nice, very nice.

We have now given Boko haram enough money to sustain them for the next few years, thanks to President Vegetable.

You re dumb!

Know nothing about the subject matter but forcefully just want to comment.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Nobody: 11:33am On May 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:

grin cheesy See them forming adult and grown-ups, brainless dimwit. And you even refer to yourself as someone's father smh

He pain am die grin grin grin

You mean your father is that? What a shame on your so-called father
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by kings09(m): 11:34am On May 20, 2017
Even sarrki n his bmc goons wld hv screaming out their throats
bishopkay:
2million euros. ..you see why crime would always be lucrative in Nigeria? You leave the graduate jobless and hopeless while you compensate the renegades and criminals for being bold enough to take up arms.

Had it been GEJ who did this, Sahara reporters, the nation newspaper, punch, APC media office ET Al would have turned analysts now on how the money would be chanelled back to fight us,. How GEJ is clueless, how GEJ was paying off his boys etc. But as its buhari, everything is fine. WHAT REALLY CHANGED? I MEAN OUR LEVEL OF DOUBLE STANDARDS IN THIS COUNTRY IS ALARMING!

don't forget he could have also negotiated with them, paid them off and take the easy way out but he didn't. I leave us all to our consciences though.
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by bkool7(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2017
hatbricker:
Ok you had to insult me before you could pass your message huh? You've been noticed you that live in urban area
Abeg !
sorry for my hash words
insensitive people just pissed me off this morning
if I were the president , I would give. any reasonable thing to free any prisoner of BH
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by bkool7(m): 11:40am On May 20, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

So the lives of the so-called CHibok girls are worth more than the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost their loves to Boko Haram and the ones who wil still lose their lives due to the foolishness of this government? If you have lost a loved one to these terrorists, you won't be spewing this thrash. Accept it, this government is a dud and it's the biggest mistake Nigerians have cursed themselves with

what difference does paying to free the girlsake to those ppl that had lost their loved ones to BH ?
Ain't those girls part of the victims of BH insurgency ?
Did the govt tell you it used fund meant for IDPs to rescue the girls part?
Haba !
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by blackaxe78: 11:41am On May 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
If my daughter was kidnapped, obviously the kidnappers need money but in this BH case, is it money they truly want? Do you know how much more harm they'll cause other people and what exactly they can do with all that money?

Please talk like someone who is learned an versatile. There is always room for dialogue "DURING" a warfare. It's all about terms an agreement being met.
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by blackaxe78: 11:43am On May 20, 2017
bishopkay:
2million euros. ..you see why crime would always be lucrative in Nigeria? You leave the graduate jobless and hopeless while you compensate the renegades and criminals for being bold enough to take up arms.

Had it been GEJ who did this, Sahara reporters, the nation newspaper, punch, APC media office ET Al would have turned analysts now on how the money would be chanelled back to fight us,. How GEJ is clueless, how GEJ was paying off his boys etc. But as its buhari, everything is fine. WHAT REALLY CHANGED? I MEAN OUR LEVEL OF DOUBLE STANDARDS IN THIS COUNTRY IS ALARMING!

don't forget he could have also negotiated with them, paid them off and take the easy way out but he didn't. I leave us all to our consciences though.

You outrightly composed a long one that exposed your absolute ignorance of the subject matter.
What hurts me the most is that you got 70likes from your like minds.

Smh......
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by pokipoki: 11:48am On May 20, 2017
mmsen:

Iranian hostage crisis. One of the best known.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_hostage_crisis_negotiations

There are several others but I won't be doing your homework for you. The internet is a great resource, a simple search will show that I'm right and that this childish belief that governments don't negotiate with terrorists to be stupid.
Dude, Iran hostage crisis was not a terrorist hostage situation. The crisis was as a result of change of government and not due to religious beliefs as carried out by Boko Haram.
The underlying factor is terrorism. Please get your facts right.
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by sterling01(m): 11:48am On May 20, 2017
Brugge:
APC rewarded terrorist with 2 million pounds!

Buhari and his brothers don kill Nigeria finish.

Buhari reward BH with 2 million pounds
Buhari is about rewarding Fulanis for killing villagers with free lands

I am wondering what APC members would have said if this had happened in GEJ era!
Well...i can understand your plight
at least your sister was not among those kidnapped
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by sepalapen(m): 11:49am On May 20, 2017
Southerners this our mumu don dey too much, it is high time we unite and fight our cause . our professional fools ie the educated one among us are most stupid for not taking the bull by horn. i rest my anger here .
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by SaffronSpice: 11:50am On May 20, 2017
bkool7:

And why wasn't the ransom paid and the girls released before Buhari's state of health became uncertain?
Re: Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source by Lilimax(f): 11:51am On May 20, 2017
bennyann:
Is it ransom or sponsorship?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daddy Showkey Reacts As LP Factional Presidential Candidate Emerges / Peter Obi Lands In Kwara State For His Presidential Campaign Rally (Pics) / President Francois Hollande Calls Buhari, Invites Him To Paris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.