Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,870 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) (76182 Views)

What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? / See The Big Bush Meat I Helped Killed Today / Please I Need A Carpenter Who Can Build This.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Buharimustgo: 10:08pm On May 20, 2017
Nice one
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Partnerbiz(f): 10:08pm On May 20, 2017
I am crying...

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by baby124: 10:08pm On May 20, 2017
It pays to be good. That person you think is nobody today, can become somebody tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by scholes23(m): 10:09pm On May 20, 2017
A bird does not forget the feathers that clicked its wings

It is GOOD to be GOOD
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by umuokezie(m): 10:09pm On May 20, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian man identified as Onyebuchi Emenanka who graduated years back from Abia State University ABSU has paid a 20-year-old debt to a carpenter who helped his almost twenty years ago... Read what he shared on his Facebook page below few days ago;

PAYING A 20 YEAR OLD DEBT

Today, I decided to put a big smile on someone's face. When the ABSU event was over and on my way back, I did a stop over at the place where I used to live as a student on Agiriga Street Okigwe.

My mission was simple - to pay a surprise visit to my old neighbors, who are mostly local carpenters and petty traders.

I moved into that area sometime in 1998 and lived there till 2001 when I graduated. My brother Chiemezie Nwakanma was living there then and helped me secure the room. We were next door neighbors. Iyke Aaron and Chizuru Kanu later joined us there.

There is this particular carpenter who was so kind to me then. He would do my carpentry works free of charge and will lend me money whenever I was broke. I didn't pay back most of those monies. The Mbano man was just nice to me and treated me like his own son.

The man has a penchant for speaking high sounding grammar and we named him the Professor of Carpentology, a title he cherishes so much... Heheheheheheheh.

17 years after, I stormed the place today and it was a big party.

I ensured that there were drinks of different kinds and food to go round. All the carpenters stopped work to welcome their old neighbor. The women were not left out.

I told them stories of how that carpenter assisted me greatly and without seeking any pay back from me. I thanked all of them for the kindness and love they showed me then. They were all amazed that I could still remember all of that almost 20 years after.

The carpenter had a set of male triplets while I lived there. They are all grown now and one them works with him in his shop. He said the boy is brilliant but he has no money to train him in school. He lost his wife a few years ago.

There and then, I announced that I will send him to the university and bear the cost of his training. The man broke down in tears. I told him that his son should get a better life than he had. I am fully committed to keeping that promise. I shall help secure admission for him and see him through school. Who knows? He may be the channel through which God will liberate the family from the vicious cycle of poverty and deprivation.

It was a great day today as we drank and relived old times. I ensured that each of them got some small cash in their pockets. Before I took my leave, they all asked me to kneel down while they said some prayers that touched my soul.

I felt a deep sense of fulfilment today.
Yes...
God will bless you

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-man-did-for-carpenter-who.html

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by tabisegroup(m): 10:11pm On May 20, 2017
Holywizard:
wow. I stayed opposite de carpenters line during my IT days. Adjacent to those shops is an Orthodox church and opposite Is a 3 storey building in which I stayed. Na there be the headquarters of Absu Mafia cult group.
There is a car wash close by.
The carpenters were nice to me. In the evening wen Eva I was bored I'd come down to their shops to watch them play draft board game.
I'm really missing Okigwe town.
All these ur description of d area is not important ..we are all waiting to hear Wat u will do for them after 20 years ... grin

12 Likes

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by givemedatin: 10:11pm On May 20, 2017
You're blessed my brother. . .

However, God punish PSG players. . .all my seven tickets don cut. . . . .fiam angry angry angry sad sad angry angry

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by supereagle(m): 10:13pm On May 20, 2017
You are a good man. Fulfil your promise to train the child. You never know what the future holds for him.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by adecz: 10:13pm On May 20, 2017
Education is the easiest way
out of the clutch of chronic, generational
back breaking poverty..

You try small,
Hope you keep the promise.

Report to us here in five
years time.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by jeftalene(m): 10:13pm On May 20, 2017
There is a place where you find latest prices of all building materials in Nigeria today, read construction articles and meet a reliable contractor that can handle your project to taste at budget friendly rates; its here > www.engineerosaz..com You may also place a call/Whatsapp via 08167394799

Success on your projects, Nairalanders!

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Humility017(m): 10:15pm On May 20, 2017
DullardBuhari:
Igbo's are great
must you display your tribalistic attitude every time? who is mentioning if he is IBO or not. you really have to grow out of this

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Venica(f): 10:16pm On May 20, 2017
wow. so inspiring. No good we do ever go unrewarded
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by tsmart360(m): 10:19pm On May 20, 2017
This is so nice. Now see how God will bless you for being grateful.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 20, 2017
Wow..... This is touching. I'm amazed. I'm inspired. They say, one good turn deserves another. smiley
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Venica(f): 10:19pm On May 20, 2017
so inspiring. No good we do ever go unrewarded
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Uniquexty(f): 10:22pm On May 20, 2017
That carpenter is a good man indeed. Abiola girls patronized him alot when i was there.

Good work you've done jare. While you are working in his vineyard, God will work wonders in your own vineyard.

Moving straight to show a lil kindness to that woman who gave me a lot of free meals in the food village.

3 Likes

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by dingbang(m): 10:24pm On May 20, 2017
God will bless you
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by tex25: 10:26pm On May 20, 2017
Never hold back when you in position to help your fellow man. It's quite a small world we live in. Learn to show kindness!
God bless

4 Likes

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Bonimoney(m): 10:26pm On May 20, 2017
How i wish we have your kind of your people. your pocket will nva dry in life. i pray i develop a heart like yours.

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by kabanayol9(m): 10:28pm On May 20, 2017
That's good of you, I pray to God to let me do same soon, I owe me people too a lot, God's blessing all I seek
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by ACE1010: 10:28pm On May 20, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian man identified as Onyebuchi Emenanka who graduated years back from Abia State University ABSU has paid a 20-year-old debt to a carpenter who helped his almost twenty years ago... Read what he shared on his Facebook page below few days ago;

PAYING A 20 YEAR OLD DEBT

Today, I decided to put a big smile on someone's face. When the ABSU event was over and on my way back, I did a stop over at the place where I used to live as a student on Agiriga Street Okigwe.

My mission was simple - to pay a surprise visit to my old neighbors, who are mostly local carpenters and petty traders.

I moved into that area sometime in 1998 and lived there till 2001 when I graduated. My brother Chiemezie Nwakanma was living there then and helped me secure the room. We were next door neighbors. Iyke Aaron and Chizuru Kanu later joined us there.

There is this particular carpenter who was so kind to me then. He would do my carpentry works free of charge and will lend me money whenever I was broke. I didn't pay back most of those monies. The Mbano man was just nice to me and treated me like his own son.

The man has a penchant for speaking high sounding grammar and we named him the Professor of Carpentology, a title he cherishes so much... Heheheheheheheh.

17 years after, I stormed the place today and it was a big party.

I ensured that there were drinks of different kinds and food to go round. All the carpenters stopped work to welcome their old neighbor. The women were not left out.

I told them stories of how that carpenter assisted me greatly and without seeking any pay back from me. I thanked all of them for the kindness and love they showed me then. They were all amazed that I could still remember all of that almost 20 years after.

The carpenter had a set of male triplets while I lived there. They are all grown now and one them works with him in his shop. He said the boy is brilliant but he has no money to train him in school. He lost his wife a few years ago.

There and then, I announced that I will send him to the university and bear the cost of his training. The man broke down in tears. I told him that his son should get a better life than he had. I am fully committed to keeping that promise. I shall help secure admission for him and see him through school. Who knows? He may be the channel through which God will liberate the family from the vicious cycle of poverty and deprivation.

It was a great day today as we drank and relived old times. I ensured that each of them got some small cash in their pockets. Before I took my leave, they all asked me to kneel down while they said some prayers that touched my soul.

Yes...

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-man-did-for-carpenter-who.html

Hmmmmmm!! Your kind gesture really touched me. Not many would remember to do this!! I know what I'm saying. Look at d smile you have put their faces and their heart! I tell you my brother, their prayers will go a long way in opening many doors for you!

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Trust77: 10:29pm On May 20, 2017
God bless you oga!
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by zesh(m): 10:31pm On May 20, 2017
it's a good gesture but what's the essence of flaunting it online.... also adding their pictures

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Goldious268: 10:33pm On May 20, 2017
givers alwaz flourish.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by jabolo(m): 10:33pm On May 20, 2017
PrettyCrystal:

Most people reading the story may have missed this.

Trust me, that grand feeling when you help someone and can visibly see the result of your help is real - like scoring the winning goal in a World Cup match for Nigeria. Your head will be swollen for days!!

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by atilla(m): 10:37pm On May 20, 2017
There was one ice cream guy outside my junior secondary school. Till today I'm still looking for him to repay his kindness

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Gregdcutie(m): 10:39pm On May 20, 2017
Am inspired
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by tunatrezy(m): 10:42pm On May 20, 2017
what goes around comes back around either good or bad.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by olagbemi118(m): 10:42pm On May 20, 2017
Hope it's not blood money this one is sharing upandan abi no b the same Nigeria we dey?
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by centoke30(m): 10:44pm On May 20, 2017
Really touched by your Gesture. Our Almighty God will give u the Grace to see the young chap through sch. You are Blessed
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by odimbannamdi(m): 10:48pm On May 20, 2017
baylord101:
Space booked

Una wey quote me before, Am at home come and beat me.

Didnt u read where he said he promised to cater for the education of one of his sons?

What kind of teaching to fish is as great as that? Abi him wan teach the man how to make money ni?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Long Snakes Electrocuted In Iju Ishaga, Lagos (Photos, Video) / See The Pregnant Cobra My Brother Killed Near Their House, With It's Eggs Intact / Cow Shedding Tears After Seeing Knifes They Would Use To Kill Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.