Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation (2817 Views)

Before You Celebrate Kwara, Bauchi And Katsina Bye Election Result As APC Member / APC Wins Katsina Bye-election / Senators-elect In Bauchi, Katsina Bye-elections Receive Certificates Of Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2017
Yesterday, I created a thread on update of the result of the Bye-Election in a House of Representative seat in Katsina state, a result that showed clear lead of PDP candidate over the APC candidate. https://www.nairaland.com/3811059/katsina-house-representatives-bye-election-results

Unfortunately, the results later turned out to be information and representation of the Will of Katsina state people that was not entirely correct.

The results were sent to me privately via WhatsApp by some PDP loyalists on ground in Katsina state, published on their walls on Facebook and even shared on some blogs. I posted the result on this platform in good faith without any deliberate attempt to mislead, misinform and deceive people.

Nevertheless, I take full responsibility for my own action, an action I feel ashamed of and deeply regret from the deepest part of my heart. Misinformation is never part of my ideals and I strive hard to be objective as I could irrespective of my political stand.

I plead for the forgiveness of all who mistook the half information for complete facts.

To comrades that are PDP loyalists that went on early celebration, I know you must be disappointed by now, please, I ask for your mercy.

To my friends in the APC camp, while I congratulate you for the electoral triumph, I still owe you apology for my action.

I will be glad if Moderators Lalasticlala and Mynd44/can take down that thread (https://www.nairaland.com/3811059/katsina-house-representatives-bye-election-results) to avoid a situation where unsuspecting Nigerians will look up to it for information now or in the future.

This apology also extend to readers on Palmchat network

MODIFIED:
Perhaps it could be that only areas where PDP won was shared, but the title used nonetheless was misleading.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria Happy Sunday

7 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by izombie(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2017
No need to apologise tonye. We all know this is nigeria and having the most votes doesn't mean you've won.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by olasarah: 9:36am On May 21, 2017
Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:42am On May 21, 2017
izombie:
No need to apologise tonye. We all know this is nigeria and having the most votes doesn't mean you've won.

I know but for posterity sake
Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by Tolexander: 9:43am On May 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I know but for posterity sake
how far bro?

What about the response to the message I sent to you?
Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:44am On May 21, 2017
Tolexander:
how far bro?

What about the response to the message I sent to you?
bro, I haven't checked my mail... Lemme check
Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by SuperS1Panther: 9:46am On May 21, 2017
Well done.

You just earned my respect. This is a virtue Nigerian politicians need to imbibe.

10 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2017
What election was that BTW?

And I thought PDP was dead?

Anything to kill that party is okay by me!!

7 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by jumper524(m): 9:51am On May 21, 2017
WE FORGIVE YOU. JST KNW THIS, THE NORTH HAS A GREAT LEVEL OF RESPECT FOR BUHARI BT THAT DOES NOT MEAN ANY OTHER POLITICIAN UNDER THE PLATFORM OF APC GETS AUTOMATIC VICTORY WE LOOK AT INDIVIDUALS ALSO. ALTHOUGH PDP MISCREANT LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON WHY SOME PEOPLE HAS LOST SO MANY ELECTION IN THE NORTH COS PEOPLE LIKE YOU SEE ELECTION AS RIVALRY COMPETITION WITHOUT CONSIDERING WHO VS WHO IS BATTLING UR JST AFTER UR PARTYS VICTORY TO HOLD POWER. THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE DONT SEE BEYOND PDP AND APC.

9 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by madridguy(m): 9:51am On May 21, 2017
Nothing do you bro.

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by temitemi1(m): 9:56am On May 21, 2017
what i smell here is rigging upon rigging!

3 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by doctokwus: 9:59am On May 21, 2017
Mpi!
Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by Beremx(f): 10:09am On May 21, 2017

The results were sent to me privately via WhatsApp by some PDP loyalists on ground in Katsina state, published on their walls on Facebook and even shared on some blogs. I posted the result on this platform in good....
This is not a credible source. I blame the mods for pushing the post to front page.

Apologies accepted even though i don't give a damn about the election.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by Funlord2(m): 10:15am On May 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Yesterday, I created a thread on update of the result of the Bye-Election in a House of Representative seat in Katsina state, a result that showed clear lead of PDP candidate over the APC candidate. https://www.nairaland.com/3811059/katsina-house-representatives-bye-election-results

Unfortunately, the results later turned out to be information and representation of the Will of Katsina state people that was not entirely correct.

The results were sent to me privately via WhatsApp by some PDP loyalists on ground in Katsina state, published on their walls on Facebook and even shared on some blogs. I posted the result on this platform in good faith without any deliberate attempt to mislead, misinform and deceive people.

Nevertheless, I take full responsibility for my own action, an action I feel ashamed of and deeply regret from the deepest part of my heart. Misinformation is never part of my ideals and I strive hard to be objective as I could irrespective of my political stand.

I plead for the forgiveness of all who mistook the half information for complete facts.

To comrades that are PDP loyalists that went on early celebration, I know you must be disappointed by now, please, I ask for your mercy.

To my friends in the APC camp, while I congratulate you for the electoral triumph, I still owe you apology for my action.

I will be glad if Moderators Lalasticlala and Mynd44/can take down that thread (https://www.nairaland.com/3811059/katsina-house-representatives-bye-election-results) to avoid a situation where unsuspecting Nigerians will look up to it for information now or in the future.

MODIFIED:
Perhaps it could be that only areas where PDP won was shared, but the title used nonetheless was misleading.

Instead of writing this epistle you better go and change your sources of information! This proves that they are extremely wack! In this day and age of rapid information flow you had to come out with unverified propaganda as fact?

No difference between you and audu maikori!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by ikaboy: 10:23am On May 21, 2017
Go and sin no more. We feel your being exuberant born out of the false news of a dead party wining an election.

3 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by vedaxcool(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2017
Mai Kayria go and lie no more...hopefully you know lies don't win election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by Nobody: 10:35am On May 21, 2017
This guy is really full of himself

Please on what basis do you think the results yesterday were entirely wrong?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by saintkash(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

MODIFIED:

My advice.
With your level of enlightenment and investment in the political stories going around since 2011, I think it better to get information from the one person or persons saddled with the responsibility of sharing a particular information. .. as per elections. .. returning officers should only be the reliable source to get election results any other person not the returning officer could be speculation. ... well done for coming out to apologise to NL....I saw ur post last night and laughed that by daybreak it's gonna be a different story and here it is.

4 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by vedaxcool(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
What election was that BTW?

And I thought PDP was dead?

Anything to kill that party is okay by me!!
Atleast he owed up to his misinformation but till date you don't have the decency to live up to your words

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by franchizy(m): 10:46am On May 21, 2017
Bros you ate a true democrat. Thumbs up. Appology accepted.

Go and sin no more because the change has begun with you.

Happy sunday sir.

4 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2017
vedaxcool:

Atleast he owed up to his misinformation but till date you don't have the decency to live up to your words

Mtchewwwww....

Old and Failed Troll!!

4 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by docadams: 11:13am On May 21, 2017
Hmmmmm

Do not say I didn't tell you. Politics, they say is local - your locality. That is where your achievements will be etched on the sands of time. In any other place, they will go with the wind. SS needs effusive egalitarians like you. I yaf said enough. Next time, your ear may need to be pulled, real hard.

Apology not necessary. The post was a source of adrenaline to many - a needed Saturday tonic.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2017
temitemi1:
what i smell here is rigging upon rigging!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by Nobody: 11:52am On May 21, 2017
Funlord2:

Instead of writing this epistle you better go and change your sources of information! This proves that they are extremely wack! In this day and age of rapid information flow you had to come out with unverified propaganda as fact?

No difference between you and audu maikori!
he should also stop been hypocritical

3 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by aieromon(m): 12:15pm On May 21, 2017
Your source was a WhatsApp chat in 2017?

Lesson learned,I hope.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by vedaxcool(m): 12:16pm On May 21, 2017
[s]
BiafraBushBoy:

Mtchewwwww....

Old and Failed Troll!!

[/s]

No one forced you to swear you will delete your account because you felt so sure PMB will die... if you ever had an ounce of honour you will do what you said you will do not resort to using words that describes your existence.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by vedaxcool(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2017
krendo:
This guy is really full of himself

Please on what basis do you think the results yesterday were entirely wrong?

Like the drunk Jonathan he starts off on a bottle of sapele water and uses its inspiration to write election results.

5 Likes

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:36pm On May 21, 2017
vedaxcool:

No one forced you to swear you will delete your account because you felt so sure PMB will die... if you ever had an ounce of honour you will do what you said you will do not resort to using words that describes your existence.

I wish you were so intelligent to detect that the moniker you are pointing at is gone. Both of them aren't the same thing.

But who am I to judge your intellect?

I leave that to more intelligent trolls to handle!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by MyMouth(m): 12:54pm On May 21, 2017
Next time don't jus sit in the Niger delta and be posting results of elections happening in the north! U are fond of doing that!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation by vedaxcool(m): 12:56pm On May 21, 2017
[s]
BiafraBushBoy:

I wish you were so intelligent to detect that the moniker you are pointing at is gone. Both of them aren't the same thing.

But who am I to judge your intellect?

I leave that to more intelligent trolls to handle!!
[/s]

All this story because of your lack of honour to do what you said you wilk do...till this moment your biafranbushboy account is still there and like cownu you think you can lie and cheat your way out of this? It takes a very daft person to take the gamble you did and very dishonest and morally bankrupt person to fail to live by his words everyone can see.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

October 1 Arewa Ultimatum: Oduduwa Youths React. / Who Is The Most Popular Figure On Niraland's Political Section? / At Last, Governor Fayose Arrives Polling Unit and Votes - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.