Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP - NYSC (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP (53140 Views)

12 Pictures All Batch A, Stream 2 PCM Can Relate To / NYSC Announces Date For Printing Of Call Up Letter For Batch A 2017 / Nysc Batch B,stream 2 Commences On 10th January 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by abiolasogey(m): 8:09am On Jul 04, 2017
Chai..Today na 4th agn oo..make I go find job abeg undecided
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by olabodedavid: 9:11am On Jul 04, 2017
Dear stream ll pcm, this post is meant to pressure NYSC to break it silence over our posting. But we all have a role to play, here is frcn news room number 08033818197 send them message on watsap, sms or even give them a call simply request them to invite or interview the official of NYSC on the subject matter. the more messages they receive the more serious they'll take it. we must force NYSC to talk to us. thank you all as you cooperate.
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by sylvez(m): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2017
OneTeslim:

Una Don fix new date again abi?
My brother the thing just weak me
People are now volunteering to fix date for nysc
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by OBALORLA(m): 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
olabodedavid:
Dear stream ll pcm, this post is
meant to pressure NYSC to
break it silence over our
posting. But we all have a role
to play, here is frcn news room
number 08033818197 send
them message on watsap, sms
or even give them a call
simply request them to invite or
interview the official of NYSC on
the subject matter. the more
messages they receive the more
serious they'll take it. we must
force NYSC to talk to us. thank
you all as you cooperate.

I don't think we need all these. just like our various schools, nysc is also a mechanism to hold back as many youths as possible so as to depopulate the labour market. truth is there are many reasons why many want to go for service at all cost but here are the most common of them:

fear of what is next after school
majority have barely traveled out of their states of birth
many want to just snap pictures in khaki
a lot more want to flirt.

In all honesty, all the aforementioned are not enough reasons to become restless about.
Let them fix whatever time they want but while they are at it, lets try laying our hands on more productive things. There is more to life than nysc guys. trust me, there is.

i'm also a proud batch 2 pcm

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by walesho(m): 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
That's just the fact. You are right
OBALORLA:

I don't think we need all these. just like our various schools, nysc is also a mechanism to hold back as many youths as possible so as to depopulate the labour market. truth is there are many reasons why many want to go for service at all cost but here are the most common of them:

In all honesty, all the aforementioned are not enough reasons to become restless about.
Let them fix whatever time they want but while they are at it, lets try laying our hands on more productive things. There is more to life than nysc guys. trust me, there is.

1 Like

Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by walesho(m): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
That won't be necessary
olabodedavid:
Dear stream ll pcm, this post is
meant to pressure NYSC to
break it silence over our
posting. But we all have a role
to play, here is frcn news room
number 08033818197 send
them message on watsap, sms
or even give them a call
simply request them to invite or
interview the official of NYSC on
the subject matter. the more
messages they receive the more
serious they'll take it. we must
force NYSC to talk to us. thank
you all as you cooperate.
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by themonk(m): 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
OBALORLA:

have you forgotten that some want this exercise to end so they can move on with the next phase of there life. not everybody loves wasting his time and not everything your intuition tells you that sounds good is actually true. i am already working, and i just left school last year but i have already scheduled plans of things to do after nysc. nysc should release the date so i can adjust my plans to suit that instead of keeping us in silence. amongst people waiting are people who want to pursue their masters abroad, people who want to start a business in a particular part of the country and people who are tired of staying at home and want to get a job. you cant keeping me waiting for how many months and then out of the blues you come out and tell me get ready for camp in a weeks time. don't they know i could be in the middle of something? what i am trying to say is that communication matters a lot they should tell us the issues they are facing even if they cant give us a date. we deserve to know bro.

those reasons you gave are not what a working commission should be thinking about, they shouldnt be thinking about who wants to flirt or who is going for site seeing. they should be thinking about who wants to do his masters and who wants to get a job or who wants to start a business

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by olabodedavid: 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
themonk:

have you forgotten that some want this exercise to end so they can move on with the next phase of there life. not everybody loves wasting his time and not everything your intuition tells you that sounds good is actually true. i am already working, and i just left school last year but i have already scheduled plans of things to do after nysc. nysc should release the date so i can adjust my plans to suit that instead of keeping us in silence. amongst people waiting are people who want to pursue their masters abroad, people who want to start a business in a particular part of the country and people who are tired of staying at home and want to get a job. you cant keeping me waiting for how many months and then out of the blues you come out and tell me get ready for camp in a weeks time. don't they know i could be in the middle of something? what i am trying to say is that communication matters a lot they should tell us the issues they are facing even if they cant give us a date. we deserve to know bro.

those reasons you gave are not what a working commission should be thinking about, they shouldnt be thinking about who wants to flirt or who is going for site seeing. they should be thinking about who wants to do his masters and who wants to get a job or who wants to start a business
you are very right
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Gee001: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
themonk:

I agree with you. I resigned from my place of work because of this nysc stuff. It's been a month I did that and I feel really pained with what is going on now. At least we deserve to know why we're being held back for whatever reason and not the silent treatment.
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by themonk(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
Gee001:

I agree with you. I resigned from my place of work because of this nysc stuff. It's been a month I did that and I feel really pained with what is going on now. At least we deserve to know why we're being held back for whatever reason and not the silent treatment.
exactly, the company i work for even hinged some of their plans for me based on when i am supposed to go to camp. its not just fair to keep us in the dark. you would have been making some more money now or getting more experience but nysc just spoilt that for you and its not fair.
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Rinsola32(f): 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
themonk:

God bless you plenty.
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Gee001: 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
themonk:

exactly, the company i work for even hinged some of their plans for me based on when i am supposed to go to camp. its not just fair to keep us in the dark. you would have been making some more money now or getting more experience but nysc just spoilt that for you and its not fair.

So many wet blankets in here who feel people has got nothing to do with their lives and think others need the nysc solely for frolicking and gallivanting. You don't need to argue with them before they drag you to their level. I feel bad already. Just can't wait to get done with this
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by themonk(m): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
Gee001:

So many wet blankets in here who feel people has got nothing to do with their lives and think others need the nysc solely for frolicking and gallivanting. You don't need to argue with them before they drag you to their level. I feel bad already. Just can't wait to get done with this
i swear, i haven't even started NYSC yet and its beginning to sound like a bad idea. i cant wait for this one year to just pass so i can move on with my life. let them not even post me to somewhere that is far o because thats where my anger will start. i chose kano, akwa ibom, lagos and abuja but i want to serve in lagos cause i am already working there. ill try and redeploy during camp sha but if they post me to kano for camp ill be very angry.
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by babatee90(m): 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
themonk:

I obtained my 2yrs American Visa around April with the hope that I'd travel after NYSC...and now over 3 months has gone out of the visa's duration and service would take a year out of it making almost a year and half...I had planned my life before NYSC and now with their silence it's like I'm no more in control of my future... I'm not saying NYSC shouldn't do their work but they should give us a date to look up to...The more we knw abt the date the less we anticipate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by themonk(m): 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2017
babatee90:

I obtained my 2yrs American Visa around April with the hope that I'd travel after NYSC...and now over 3 months has gone out of the visa's duration and service would take a year out of it making almost a year and half...I had planned my life before NYSC and now with their silence it's like I'm no more in control of my future... I'm not saying NYSC shouldn't do their work but they should give us a date to look up to...The more we knw abt the date the less we anticipate
exactly and the more we adjust our plans to suit the date. correspondence is very very necessary.

1 Like

Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Gee001: 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2017
themonk:

i swear, i haven't even started NYSC yet and its beginning to sound like a bad idea. i cant wait for this one year to just pass so i can move on with my life. let them not even post me to somewhere that is far o because thats where my anger will start. i chose kano, akwa ibom, lagos and abuja but i want to serve in lagos cause i am already working there. ill try and redeploy during camp sha but if they post me to kano for camp ill be very angry.
omg, same choice states and I want Lagos, been praying to God about it, lol. Straight redeployment from Kano and Abuja cos I no fit shout. Anyways let's be hopeful though.
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Rinsola32(f): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
themonk:

That's just it. I'm working already too and I have not been able to concentrate on some of the things I'm doing as I always have the feeling that we may go anytime.

My MD ask about this NYSC thing everyday because there may work I need to do but he will be afraid of assigning the task to me as I may not finish it before date will come out.

You need to see how we rushed 3 meetings before stream 1 names came out. The man was afraid someone else won't do the presentation well as I'm the one who started the assignment. After all the wahala, I didn't go with stream one.

Now I have something very important to do in the office on 20th of this month and I have turned to prayer warrior again. If we can make camping on 11th, it's fine as I plan not to stay pass 1week(if they can even allow me to leave same day sef and come on POP day, i don't mind)

cry cry cry cry cry
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by themonk(m): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
Gee001:

omg, same choice states and I want Lagos, been praying to God about it, lol. Straight redeployment from Kano and Abuja cos I no fit shout. Anyways let's be hopeful though.
wow, that's nice. i hope you get Lagos. Good luck
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by themonk(m): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
Rinsola32:

That's just it. I'm working already too and I have not been able to concentrate on some of the things I'm doing as I always have the feeling that we may go anytime.

My MD ask about this NYSC thing everyday because there may work I need to do but he will be afraid of assigning the task to me as I may not finish it before date will come out.

You need to see how we rushed 3 meetings before stream 1 names came out. The man was afraid someone else won't do the presentation well as I'm the one who started the assignment. After all the wahala, I didn't go with stream one.

Now I have something very important to do in the office on 20th of this month and I have turned to prayer warrior again. If we can make camping on 11th, it's fine as I plan not to stay pass 1week(if they can even allow me to leave same day sef and come on POP day, i don't mind)

cry cry cry cry cry
same thing here, i hardly concentrate at work, i finish projects late which is unlike me. nysc has just dealt with me.
wont your company retain you as a corper?
they can give you a request letter
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Gee001: 3:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
Rinsola32:

cry cry cry cry cry
lol. Let's just hope they say something or release the timetable.
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by babatee90(m): 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
themonk:

exactly and the more we adjust our plans to suit the date. correspondence is very very necessary.

Exactly bro...And somebody is now telling me most pple are going there for just tourism and adventure...Oga nor let me vex for you oh...If you don't have anything positive to type then save ur data by using ur fingers for something else
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by gunners160(m): 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
babatee90:

Exactly bro...And somebody is now telling me most pple are going there for just tourism and adventure...Oga nor let me vex for you oh...If you don't have anything positive to type then save ur data by using ur fingers for something else
You dey answer them?na ashewo and bet 9ja guys na. I myself was called for two good interviews last two months one a bank job at Fidelity bank and the other an NGO . After the interview and everything,I was told " They cant give me the job offer becos of my NYSC " I wan pee for pant. Funny enough,the both or them told me same thing. I met the person I knew there and let out my frustration; she had go console me to try again after my service year. Yes,I still manage a business but menh I was really disheartened oo..

2 Likes

Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Rinsola32(f): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
themonk:

same thing here, i hardly concentrate at work, i finish projects late which is unlike me. nysc has just dealt with me.
wont your company retain you as a corper?
they can give you a request letter

They will be retaining me as I get a lot of things I'm to do lined up already for after camp which we are thinking will be August( it's that serious).

Medical report will make me come back after one week in camp and a request letter will be given to them for posting to the company(I pray they don't stress me on this).

I never even type the letter. Don't even know what to write in it. Have you seen any of such letter before?

How about you, my fellow prospective Lagos corper? angry
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Rinsola32(f): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
Gee001:
lol. Let's just hope they say something or release the timetable.

I just tire jare. Thanks
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by walesho(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
That's another angle, u right.
themonk:

Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by clarenceisclassy: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
Sometimes In life we thank God for not answering our earlier Prayers because if he Had answered it would hinder us from the Greater Blessing.

I remain a Proud PCM.
Salute
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by babatee90(m): 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by olabodedavid: 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
so my people, let's pressure them to make a statement officially. Here is frcn news room number 08033818197 let's keep sending them watsap message, sms and even call, requesting them to interview NYSC official as regard stream ll posting. God bless us as we do
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Kenneyboiy(m): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2017
I don't believe 11th can work, if it's gonna work they would've release the timetable yesterday (Tuesday)

They should give us at least a week notification na.
Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by Gee001: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2017
Wednesday 5th July 2017. If no timetable today, then 11th is a no-no.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP by babatee90(m): 9:28am On Jul 05, 2017
Kenneyboiy:
I don't believe 11th can work, if it's gonna work they would've release the timetable yesterday (Tuesday)

They should give us at least a week notification na.

Exactly my thoughts too

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Two UNILAG Corpers Set To Wed In December / NYSC Disclaimer On Payment Of Arrears To Corpers / Man In NYSC Uniform Spotted Pushing Heavily Loaded Truck In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.