Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? (8792 Views)

Woman Rips Off Bible Part Asking Wives To Be Submissive, Use It To Smoke Weed / How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church / Pastor Ruth Masuruwa Gives Bible To Emmerson Mnangagwa In Zimbabwe (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31pm On May 21, 2017
According to the Bible, to whom are we to be submissive, and why? Why is submission so important in the Christian life?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by Nobody: 4:09am On May 22, 2017
To all kinds of authority. Evil and Good.

Because ALL authority comes from God. Its therefore, literaly submission to God.If you are a Christian, and you don't have peace, check your submissiveness. Parents, bosses, pastors, all kinds of leaders around you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by uboma(m): 6:15am On May 22, 2017
to the authorities because they stand placed by God...
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

According to the Bible, to whom are we to be submissive, and why? Why is submission so important in the Christian life?

Check the link below:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-submissive.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18am On Jun 04, 2017
Muafrika2:

To all kinds of authority. Evil and Good.

Because ALL authority comes from God. Its therefore, literaly submission to God.If you are a Christian, and you don't have peace, check your submissiveness. Parents, bosses, pastors, all kinds of leaders around you.

God bless you. smiley

3 Likes

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 04, 2017
Seun, people like this OP is one of the valid reason why Christians need to have a separate forum
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by olumaxi(m): 7:23am On Jun 04, 2017
The bible says...submit ursef to d LORD,rebuke d devil and he shal flee from u.............i think dat answers ur question

1 Like

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by profhezekiah: 7:28am On Jun 04, 2017
Every one in authority but submission does nt mean dead or total obedience

2 Likes

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by orunto27: 9:15am On Jun 04, 2017
Matthew.4:10. "Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship The Lord Thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve".

1 Like

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by orunto27: 9:39am On Jun 04, 2017
The Commandments:-
I am God, your Creator, so Respect I am That I am, that I might not destroy you, for such Power, call it wickedness if you wish, is My Pleasure.
Secondly, Respect your Parents, your Teachers, your Employers and Authorities, if you wish to last long: for they always have My Authorities to control you.
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by latsy: 10:07am On Jun 04, 2017
Bible doesn't want mere submission,
it demands that one submit his/her thinking
faculty.

1 Like

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by Herrmes: 10:17am On Jun 04, 2017
God alone, that's the only person I hear the bible telling me to submit to.
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by seunny4lif(m): 10:18am On Jun 04, 2017
My I go back to sleep cos this one no concern me

Seun and the guy below me over to you
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by seunlly(m): 10:18am On Jun 04, 2017
God alone and only no reason
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by NwaAmaikpe: 10:19am On Jun 04, 2017
grin

The bible says God

But in reality...
You submit to your landlord, your lecturer, Nigerian Army, Road safety, SARS and Omo niles

Those people no get joy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by ikorodureporta: 10:19am On Jun 04, 2017
Na wa o, see rain! How RCCG people do for TBS na, dem no pray to hold the rain
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2017
Definitely does not mean submitting to a so called man of god or pastor !!
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by seunlly(m): 10:20am On Jun 04, 2017
seunny4lif:
My I go back to sleep cos this one no concern me
Seun and the guy below me over to you
u mean me
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by Psyrus(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2017
Lemme finish from church I'll reply una
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by seunny4lif(m): 10:22am On Jun 04, 2017
seunlly:

u mean me
Why you dey follow me
Wetin I do you know shocked shocked
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by tugrow(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2017
To the authority, from wife to husband, children to parent, the head in your work place, man too to submit to the head in church, cos Christ is the head
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by seunny4lif(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2017
Submit yourself to the police abi which one again
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by DonCortino: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2017
T
OLAADEGBU:

Show respect to all young n old. Not submission!

1 Like

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by nosagold(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2017
orunto27:
The Commandments:-
I am God, your Creator, so Respect I am That I am, that I might not destroy you, for such Power, call it wickedness if you wish, is My Pleasure.
Secondly, Respect your Parents, your Teachers, your Employers and Authorities, if you wish to last long: for they always have My Authorities to control you.

Please reference the bible if you will speak in first person as God
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by BamideleOJ: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2017
Submission / Submissiveness is very important coz when you believe you over and above everything your fall even to the grave beyond is just so simple.

1 Like

Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by driand(m): 10:30am On Jun 04, 2017
angry
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 10:30am On Jun 04, 2017
Submission! Submission! ! Submission! !! My grouse with this word whenever I hear it is, how small-minded men do mistakes it for servility and as such, expects servitude rather than loyalty, from their wives.

To the question, even though I'll make my stance without recognition and reverence to the bible, ethically one is expected to submit to the other who hasn't given him reason to question his loyalty towards him or their common cause.
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by driand(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2017
yugo87:
its always a win win experience, why not take a step to boost your financial status today
even on Sunday when u're supposed to be in church?

Your soul is lost bro!
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by Softhands(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2017
DonCortino:
T

Show respect to all young n old. Not submission!
continue to twist Bible to suite u...
Re: According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? by emmanueluzee: 10:32am On Jun 04, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Christianity Teaches! God Hate Religion. / Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Except God Intervenes, Nigeria Not Better Than Sodom And Gomorrah - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.