Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation (666 Views)

APC reacts to PDP's call for Buhari's resignation, extols Dogara's defection / Man Collapses Ahead Of Planned Protest Over Buhari’s Resignation In Abuja. PICS / Aisha Yesufu Forced To Resign As BBOG Convener Over Call For Buhari Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by marryjesus: 5:36am On May 22, 2017
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has dismissed calls for the resignation of President Muhammadu Buhari due to his health condition.

The Forum said the call for Buhari’s resignation was unconstitutional and misplaced.

Specifically, the ACF said those calling for the resignation of President Buhari because of his health condition are not current with the provisions of the nation’s constitution.In a statement issued at the weekend by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Muhammad Ibrahim Biu, the ACF also pointed out that under the prevailing circumstance, there is no vaccum in the Presidency because Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is the Acting President and is performing the duties of the President effectively.
The statement read: “President Buhari’s ill-health: Nigeria is practising a presidential system of government as contained in the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

“President Buhari has done what is constitutionally required of him to do by his letter to the leadership of the National Assembly. The Vice President is now Acting President, performing the duties of the President.

“In other countries, when the president falls sick or becomes incapacitated while in office, the citizens encourage him through prayers and good wishes, rather than intimidation or calling for his resignation.

“We can draw a lesson from such countries and wish President Buhari well for the progress of our country.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/05/arewa-condemns-calls-for-buharis.html?m=1

Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by mr1759: 5:49am On May 22, 2017
it would have been better if they condemn the sickness it would have been better if they condemn the sickness grin grin grin
Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by Vicolan: 6:31am On May 22, 2017
Resign or not when its time to go he will surely go oooo

I'm coming plsss!!!
Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by SIRmanjar(m): 7:53am On May 22, 2017
Who are those calling for his resignation?Am sure its my western brothers,they just can't wait for osinbajo to take over fully.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by DropShot: 8:09am On May 22, 2017
My question to those calling for resignation is:

Have you been asked to resign by your employer at anytime past on grounds of sickness?

If not, will it make sense you're asked to resign if you fall sick?
Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by IVORY2009(m): 8:12am On May 22, 2017
DropShot:

Have you been asked to resign by your employer at anytime past on grounds of sickness?

When you are sick in where u work, are u still able to discharge ur duties? To achieve the aims and objecives of the organisation and reasons for ur employers, appointing you?

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by BlackTechnology: 8:13am On May 22, 2017
DropShot:

Work in a bank like Buhari and you will understand the words Job Termination

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by Jabioro: 8:13am On May 22, 2017
When the ball fell on their kneels they play it anyhow but when it is opposition or any other zone than her area they ask for his head.. Condemning what?

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by wizard(m): 8:17am On May 22, 2017
DropShot:

Wen u r sick back to back and leave a vacuum in ur office, they won't ask u to resign, they will fire U!!!
The post of POFRN is very vital and its in d best interest of this nation that he should resign honorably, like Jona did n handed power to him peacefully, I'm very sure he didnt learn any lesson from that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by DropShot: 8:54am On May 22, 2017
wizard:

Wen u r sick back to back and leave a vacuum in ur office, they won't ask u to resign, they will fire U!!!
The post of POFRN is very vital and its in d best interest of this nation that he should resign honorably, like Jona did n handed power to him peacefully, I'm very sure he didnt learn any lesson from that
Go help himdraft the resignation letter. grin grin
Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by DropShot: 8:55am On May 22, 2017
BlackTechnology:

Work in a bank like Buhari and you will understand the words Job Termination
Because that's slavery to start with.

We don't have a VP for nothing.
Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by ekoonibaje4life: 9:43am On May 22, 2017
All una sabi be to condemn.....
Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by orisa37: 1:21pm On May 22, 2017
It is the best option for the Holy Books makes it an abomination for anyone suffering from Dementia to rule a Nation.
Re: Arewa Condemns Calls For Buhari’s Resignation by ZZ22: 3:13pm On May 22, 2017
DropShot:

Go help himdraft the resignation letter. grin grin
i expected you to logically reply wizard after his nice explanation but as a zombie you didnt disappoint

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Controversy Surrounds Money Recovered From Justice Ngwuta / PHOTOS: Gov. Obaseki At Thanksgiving Service After Court Of Appeal Victory / Federal Government Reacts To CCT Ruling On Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.