Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,886 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? (618 Views)

I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do / Should I Go For A Bsc Or PGD After HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? by Pinkytracy: 6:45am On May 22, 2017
Hi, I need sincere guide from you guys.
I'll be 25 in August, Hnd2 Electrical Engineering, so I'm graduating this year.

I'm self taught web developer though still intermediary, I have interest in being a server Admin & so I'm already going through Linux tuts presently.

My small problem is that I'm doing HND which has a lot of discrimination so I thought of buying an open university form to study Data management with my ND result to get a Bsc, so at NYSC next year I'll be in 300l or so. But on the other hand I had another thought that instead of "wasting" the money I should invest the money in Certifications and equip myself more practically.

Though I can always go for certs anytime probably with a free money in future. But please which is more relevant now in reference to the society and paper certificate, because my brain still dey hot like this.

I have one semester remaining in this poly raising money for my Bsc is not much of a problem.

Tanchu

BTW I'm posting this with my girls account I don't want my fellow afonjas & Igbos to troll my life die
Re: Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? by Pinkytracy: 7:41am On May 22, 2017
Say something peeps

lalasticlala
Re: Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? by ayokenny37(m): 9:23am On May 22, 2017
I have HND elect elct too since 2010.

have 6 IT certifications and years of practical experience. From 2011 till now i have gotten numerous job offers that i had to choose.

my 1 penny: Go and get certification instead of bsc cos age is not really on your side any more.

above all Gods grace is the ultimate.

Pinkytracy:
Hi, I need sincere guide from you guys.
I'll be 25 in August, Hnd2 Electrical Engineering, so I'm graduating this year.

I'm self taught web developer though still intermediary, I have interest in being a server Admin & so I'm already going through Linux tuts presently.

My small problem is that I'm doing HND which has a lot of discrimination so I thought of buying an open university form to study Data management with my ND result to get a Bsc, so at NYSC next year I'll be in 300l or so. But on the other hand I had another thought that instead of "wasting" the money I should invest the money in Certifications and equip myself more practically.

Though I can always go for certs anytime probably with a free money in future. But please which is more relevant now in reference to the society and paper certificate, because my brain still dey hot like this.

I have one semester remaining in this poly raising money for my Bsc is not much of a problem.

Tanchu

BTW I'm posting this with my girls account I don't want my fellow afonjas & Igbos to troll my life die

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? by GRACEGLORY: 9:49am On May 22, 2017
School isnt the problem, nor is certification, but education is the problem.
Like i tell people, education never attended school.
School is a place where you are thought how to educate yourself by being enhanced with
The neccessary tools required, moreso, it is not a must everyone goes to school
If you can get education. Education is largely a function of information.
S.S.C.E, Diploma, Ond, Hnd, B.sc, Masters, and P.hd or other certification notwithstanding, the question
Is are you educated-informed?

Back to your question, if i were you, i'd get "certified"-educated, get a job with it (as those that are certified
Are more regarded above those that are schooled) and later get a part-time course to acquire a degree to go with
The certification. Kapish!
Re: Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? by Pinkytracy: 12:24pm On May 22, 2017
Thanks guys
Re: Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? by bodlandsystems: 3:02pm On May 22, 2017
MAY 27th 2017

career turbo charge {CTC} Workshop

Give your career a boost, attend a 1-day career turbo charge workshop where we showcase practical and globally recognized tools to boost career and personal productivity.
Workshop highlights:

ü Fundamentals of project management
ü Time management
ü Quality management
ü Marketing Strategy
ü Marketing Research
ü Creative thinking
ü Team management

The workshop will be delivered in an interesting and engaging manner by certified professionals.
Workshop Benefits include tools and techniques you can start using immediately to improve your performance.
There will be;

v Tea break
v Lunch break
v Workshop materials {Workbook and stationery}
v Support materials {eBooks of USB stick}
v Certificate of participation

Course Fee:N10,000 {50% Discount},was N20,000
Venue: 140, Borno Way, Ebute Meta, Yaba, Lagos.
Date: Saturday, MAY 6, 2017[
Time: 9am-5pm

For more information please call
Kunle +234 802 370 1151
+234 809 370 1151
Re: Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? by Pinkytracy: 9:14pm On May 22, 2017
ayokenny37:
I have HND elect elct too since 2010.

have 6 IT certifications and years of practical experience. From 2011 till now i have gotten numerous job offers that i had to choose.

my 1 penny: Go and get certification instead of bsc cos age is not really on your side any more.

above all Gods grace is the ultimate.

Thanks for your response. Pease kindly share those cert you took. It'll be helpful
Re: Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? by tdoggzy01: 12:27am On May 23, 2017
HND Elect/elect kp.... 2015 set.... Run a top up program... It's just two years... To get B.eng electrical.... And thank me later.... We are in a country where paper qualification is more valuable.... Presently running the program... Will be done soon...
Re: Please Advise: BSC Or Certification? by Pinkytracy: 7:06pm On May 23, 2017
tdoggzy01:
HND Elect/elect kp.... 2015 set.... Run a top up program... It's just two years... To get B.eng electrical.... And thank me later.... We are in a country where paper qualification is more valuable.... Presently running the program... Will be done soon...

Which school?

(1) (Reply)

d / What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? / Living With Fear Of Unknown: Steps To Overcome It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.