Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,797 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 (74713 Views)

Chike Osuji Is Dead! Actor Dies Of Kidney Problems / 10 Things You Never Knew About The Late James Bond Actor Roger Moore / James Bond Actor Dies At 96 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by RealHaute: 10:52pm On May 23, 2017
makydebbie:
Are you not the same person that used to frustrate me then? Your wahala can't make me gentle biko.

Lol...so you remember? No break bottle on my head abeg o. I will behave. grin
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by makydebbie(f): 10:57pm On May 23, 2017
RealHaute:

Lol...so you remember? No break bottle on my head abeg o. I will behave. grin
Good for you. tongue
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by RealHaute: 11:01pm On May 23, 2017
makydebbie:
Good for you. tongue

And you too. Don't act like you're not relieved to hear that. cheesy tongue
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by makydebbie(f): 11:03pm On May 23, 2017
RealHaute:

And you too. Don't act like you're not relieved to hear that. cheesy tongue
My dear, I'm very relieved. Now I can rest. cheesy
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by joshsamuel(m): 11:38pm On May 23, 2017
RIP.
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by wokemzine: 11:47pm On May 23, 2017
RIP
My name is bond, James bond.

My best movie was live and lets die
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by Stallione(m): 12:21am On May 24, 2017
makydebbie:
wink
You look like james bond babe,harley berry in one of the latest james bond movie grin
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by RealHaute: 12:39am On May 24, 2017
makydebbie:
My dear, I'm very relieved. Now I can rest. cheesy

Yes. Whenever I'm on my best behaviour. grin
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by kingd91: 2:21am On May 24, 2017
God bless you for entertaining the world.
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by Defaramade(m): 2:35am On May 24, 2017
makydebbie:
I'm flattered.
Welcome back Sis, we missed you so much cheesy
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by makydebbie(f): 7:25am On May 24, 2017
Defaramade:
Welcome back Sis, we missed you so much cheesy
Thanks dear cheesy
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by makydebbie(f): 7:25am On May 24, 2017
RealHaute:

Yes. Whenever I'm on my best behaviour. grin
You've to be all the time. wink
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by makydebbie(f): 7:26am On May 24, 2017
Stallione:
You look like james bond babe,harley berry in one of the latest james bond movie grin
Thank you grin
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by Nobody: 7:34am On May 24, 2017
Thanks for this amazing piece. People put up their faces too. It beats me.

banmee:

Because she's smart. Do you know her real name? Can you track her? Only moro.ns put their lives out there for everyone to see.

1 Like

Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by naptu2: 8:17am On May 24, 2017
Caveatemptor:

Great post as usual,Naptu2.
RIP to Roger Moore,who I'm my personal opinion as a James Bond aficionado, was a great actor because of his longevity in the acting business but the worst actor to play James Bond from the lot.
He was too comical and a total departure from the gritty,hard core killing machine depicted in Ian Fleming's novels.
I loved Sean Connery as Bond and he is and will always be my favorite Bond but in all honesty I think Daniel Craig and Pierce Brosnan are the closest acurate portrayal of what Ian Fleming wrote about.
A cold calculating killing machine on her majesty secret serrvice.
Your opinion?

I started watching James Bond movies in the 1970s, but I didn't read the Bond (and Simon Templar) books until the late 1980s. I was already hooked on Roger Moore by that time.

Roger Moore is my favourite Bond because of his quick wit and calmness even in the face of danger and his playboy persona, which mirrors his performance as Brett Sinclair and Simon Templar, two characters that I absolutely love (throw John Steed into that mix and you've got me in heaven).

I guess my ability to see the movies and the books as two separate universes come from reading comics and watching cartoons/movies. I can accept that The Thing in Fantastic Four comics and cartoons is different from The Thing in the Barney And Fred Meet The Thing cartoon and still accept that they are both The Thing. I can also accept that Bruce Banner is different from David Banner and still accept that they are both The Incredible Hulk. (Remember that Bond is closely associated with an Aston Martin DB5 in the movies, but in the books he is more closely associated with a Bentley 41/2 litre, so I see them as separate universes).

My mum would have agreed with you. Her favourite James Bond was Sean Connery (she didn't live to see Daniel Craig). I also spoke to a Nollywood actor ( yesterday morning) who also believes that Daniel Craig was the best Bond because his portrayal closely mirrors the James Bond character in the books.

My worst James Bond actor is Timothy Dalton. I liked him when he portrayed Mr Rochester (in Jane Eyre), but he didn't look convincing to me when he acted as James Bond. He looked out of place.
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by fastgyal(f): 8:21am On May 24, 2017
iswallker:

Really...we could hook up one weekend and watch a few of his movies. wink
okay
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by fastgyal(f): 8:22am On May 24, 2017
StarPlayer:
Please under which rock are you living
rock of ages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by Stallione(m): 8:35am On May 24, 2017
makydebbie:
Thank you grin
See ur head grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by trentslawson(m): 9:28am On May 24, 2017
makydebbie:
For now, it's just here dear.
oh dear, you have been saying that since 1964 dear
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by iswallker(m): 9:39am On May 24, 2017
fastgyal:
okay

Whatsapp 08033665497... wink

Am waiting sweet...
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by Caveatemptor(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2017
naptu2:

I started watching James Bond movies in the 1970s, but I didn't read the Bond (and Simon Templar) books until the late 1980s. I was already hooked on Roger Moore by that time.

Roger Moore is my favourite Bond because of his quick wit and calmness even in the face of danger and his playboy persona, which mirrors his performance as Brett Sinclair and Simon Templar, two characters that I absolutely love (throw John Steed into that mix and you've got me in heaven).

I guess my ability to see the movies and the books as two separate universes come from reading comics and watching cartoons/movies. I can accept that The Thing in Fantastic Four comics and cartoons is different from The Thing in the Barney And Fred Meet The Thing cartoon and still accept that they are both The Thing. I can also accept that Bruce Banner is different from David Banner and still accept that they are both The Incredible Hulk. (Remember that Bond is closely associated with an Aston Martin DB5 in the movies, but in the books he is more closely associated with a Bentley 41/2 litre, so I see them as separate universes).

My mum agreed with you. Her favourite James Bond was Sean Connery (she didn't live to see Daniel Craig). I also spoke to a Nollywood actor ( yesterday morning) who also believes that Daniel Craig was the best Bond because his portrayal closely mirrors the James Bond character in the books.

My worst James Bond actor is Timothy Dalton. I liked him when portrayed Mr Rochester (in Jane Eyre), but he didn't look convincing to me when he acted as James Bond. He looked out of place.

What I absolutely hated about Timothy Dalton was the way his eyes used to twinkle,I just couldnt relate a twinkling eyed Bond to the books because i had read a lot of Ian Flemings books before I began watching the movies. however in fairness to Dalton,I think he portrayed Bond as
Ian Fleming intended him to be in "Licence to Kill" . the eyes still twinkled though.....
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by neveah(f): 10:07am On May 24, 2017
Oh no embarassed
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by makydebbie(f): 10:14am On May 24, 2017
trentslawson:

oh dear, you have been saying that since 1964 dear
smiley
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by Dahustler007(m): 10:36am On May 24, 2017
Rest In Peace Sir!
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by RealHaute: 2:39pm On May 24, 2017
makydebbie:
You've to be all the time. wink

Lol...that's hard. Will think about it.
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by makydebbie(f): 2:40pm On May 24, 2017
RealHaute:

Lol...that's hard. Will think about it.
If not, I'll leave unannounced.

Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by RealHaute: 2:42pm On May 24, 2017
makydebbie:
If not, I'll leave unannounced.

You want to leave me here all alone? cry
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by makydebbie(f): 2:46pm On May 24, 2017
RealHaute:

You want to leave me here all alone? cry
Then don't send me away. tongue
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by trentslawson(m): 3:02pm On May 24, 2017
makydebbie:
smiley
wink
makydebbie:
smiley
can I have your # dear
Re: Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 by RealHaute: 3:09pm On May 24, 2017
makydebbie:
Then don't send me away. tongue
Okay then. I won't. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Adesua Etomi Nurses Banky W After His Cancer Surgery / Mr. Ibu: Bukola Saraki Foundation Clears Bills Of Ailing Actor / Bryan Marshall Is Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.