Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design (2451 Views)

Nigerian Programmers Are Great / A Call To Nigerian Programmers / Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by kayuzie: 5:15pm On May 23, 2017
Game design is very lucrative business, which could earn one up to $10,000 on just play store
Not to talk of other mobile store and even PC or console but Nigerians don't really care WHY?
In my case I feel it's due to poor power supply, high data prices and high prices of PC's and applications please share your experience and thoughts
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by ellagabs(f): 5:57pm On May 23, 2017
am thinking of how to think

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by nollyj: 10:21pm On May 23, 2017
It is hard to make money from it. Simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by gilloway(m): 10:32pm On May 23, 2017
The Nigerian game market is not yet mature, most games don't tend to do well on the appstore and it's not easy Getting a team of dedicated devs like you, spending money on Electricity and Software only to get 1000 downloads on your game.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by excanny: 10:14am On May 25, 2017
Little demand for it.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by 4dor: 10:34am On May 25, 2017
Check out the market size, that's where your answer is.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by kanayoNickel: 9:51pm On May 25, 2017
lack of 3D skills...or perhaps insufficient 3D talents.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by kayuzie: 12:19am On May 26, 2017
I believe the talent is there but the will is not, look at the music industry a couple of years back it was not as lucrative as it is now the same thing can happen in the game industry if it is tapped you must not go full time or you could do it for fun it is something that could pay you for a very long time if successful

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by bot101(m): 6:59am On May 26, 2017
The major problem is that the cost of getting a PC suitable for 3d game design is prohibitive. The cheapest currently is around 200k for a good used PC.

I know this because I have 2 friends who are into game design and have games on play store.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by kayuzie: 11:11pm On May 27, 2017
Funny thing is that I use a 1gb ram, 1.8ghz dual core processor and 150gb hdd and I still do 3d design on blender It gets annoying at times but it does the job

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by Nobody: 9:00am On May 29, 2017
the cash to setup worldclass gaming facilities is not available most game developers focus on 2d game outsourcing animation, engines and framework.

Nigeria programmers are not ready to create game companies to compete with world class gaming companies
Gaming tools are expensive (

GAME DEVELOPMENT SOFTWARE

3ds Max

Blender

Construct

CryENGINE

Marmoset Toolbag

Massive

Maya

MODO

Mudbox

Oculus

Photoshop

Softimage

Stencyl

DesignerSubstance

Painter

TopoGun

UDK

Unity
3d

Unreal Engine

XNA

ZBrush

poor network connectivity
inadequate funding
expensive data rate
it hard to deploy a team of programmers and modeling and animation expert.
Complexity of framework
No sound engineer available
No Co space
Tutorials files are large digital tutor
Game most engines are not free except u use Java or Cordova /phonegap/intelxdk
(HTML5)

Pluralsight is expensive because of dollar price
computer scientist are not taught to focus of game only the lecturer just want a Jack if all trade.
They just want you to learn COBOL and FORTRAN and solve complex equations u might forget In some years.

The ministry of education and NUC have not put game programming as an area of specialization
in computer science student.
.The minister of .......... is not creating the necessary cordial relationship with game developers. I have a follower from London he got a first class in game .

How to make money

API for Google game developers is not easy to implement it takes time

APIs to pay via mobile recharge is very expensive

Subscriptions Api very expensive now

Just focus on simple 3d and 2d games don't waste money.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by stormtrooper: 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
Game design is very lucrative business, which could earn one up to $10,000 on just play store
Not to talk of other mobile store and even PC or console but Nigerians don't really care WHY?
In my case I feel it's due to poor power supply, high data prices and high prices of PC's and applications please share your experience and thoughts
Personally I don't know why people in Nigeria don't occupy with game design, however, factors like price on education, components (I mean efficient PC) are the main factors that prevent people in Nigeria to explore game design... However, there are many sources of free information such as this e-learning platform in Nigeria, and you know, even I started exploring the IT-world, so, I guess there won't be any problems to learn! The most important factor is perseverance, because if there is no perseverance, there is no result. So, for example, I have many friends in Nigeria and they started their work in IT-sphere thanks to that site with free information about technologies.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by goodspeed963(m): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
stormtrooper:

Personally I don't know why people in Nigeria don't occupy with game design, however, factors like price on education, components (I mean efficient PC) are the main factors that prevent people in Nigeria to explore game design... However, there are many sources of free information such as this e-learning platform in Nigeria, and you know, even I started exploring the IT-world, so, I guess there won't be any problems to learn! The most important factor is perseverance, because if there is no perseverance, there is no result. So, for example, I have many friends in Nigeria and they started their work in IT-sphere thanks to that site with free information about technologies.
hmm, thx for sharing!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by tollyboy5(m): 12:48am On Jul 30, 2019
as a c++ embeddded programmer i decided to start game programming. though still learning game programming now but i dont thing my system would be able to handle high graphics game when i improve grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by GreatAchiever1: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
I dey interested especially in 2d game design.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2019
nollyj:
It is hard to make money from it. Simple

No...you got it wrong. Have you heard of Google AdMob? Have you ever wondered why most games on Google Play are free. Google Admob helps you reap the fruits of your labor even if you make the game free. Think about it. Candy Crush is free but the developers are making a lot of money till date.(about £1000000) daily. You might be asking how? But here is the trick. Have you ever noticed whole playing a game with your data on.... advertisements usually pop up...These adverts costs about $7 FYI and the Money goes to the developers. Same thing applies to YouTube. Have ever wondered why is it that whenever you want to watch a YouTube video, an advertisement most be displayed first. The person that posted the video makes money from d advert which is about $7 per 1000 views. So imagine people like markangel who get up to 1millionviews in just 24 hours. That means (1000000/1000)*7=7000 dollars * 360=about 2 million Naira.

Nigerians do not delve into game design because of Ignorance. Simple

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by bluefilm: 1:00am On Aug 10, 2019
TechBro:

No...you got it wrong. Have you heard of Google AdMob? Have you ever wondered why most games on Google Play are free. Google Admob helps you reap the fruits of your labor even if you make the game free. Think about it. Candy Crush is free but the developers are making a lot of money till date.(about £1000000) daily. You might be asking how? But here is the trick. Have you ever noticed whole playing a game with your data on.... advertisements usually pop up...These adverts costs about $7 FYI and the Money goes to the developers. Same thing applies to YouTube. Have ever wondered why is it that whenever you want to watch a YouTube video, an advertisement most be displayed first. The person that posted the video makes money from d advert which is about $7 per 1000 views. So imagine people like markangel who get up to 1millionviews in just 24 hours. That means (1000000/1000)*7=7000 dollars * 360=about 2 million Naira.

Nigerians do not delve into game design because of Ignorance. Simple

Hmmm...

I'd like to hear about this Google AdMob.

Is it similar to Google AdSense?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by tck2000(m): 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
[quote author=TechBro post=81058593]

Nigerians do not delve into game design because True
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design by daverebranded(m): 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
I would answer with a question, what is the size of the gaming market in Nigeria?. As a gamer i will tell you its still taking baby steps. Except for mobile games maybe. By the way there is a free weekend workshop for people who are enthusiastic about web and mobile development and have trouble starting. Check my moniker for more information.

(1) (Reply)

Final Year Project Topic In Mechanical Software Application / DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards / Running Software From A Server To A Local Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.