Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? (2614 Views)

Meet Parents Of Boy In Calm Down Viral Video (photos) / My Cousin Has An Annoying Habit. Help!! / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by HardMirror(m): 6:00pm On May 23, 2017
I need matured contributions please.

I have a 6 year old cousin who came back from school yesterday only to start talking and singing about being in love with a boy in her class. She even made statements about how she likes when he touches her.
It is a shock to me.
Her mum spanked her and warned her sternly to keep away from the boy with some threats.
I strongly disagree this is the best way to handle the situation as it may only make the Gilmore discrete as she grows older.

Is there any parent having the same challenge here and what did you do.

Seun lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by divinesaint: 6:02pm On May 23, 2017
just be close to her so that she can confide in u...but dont encourage her....
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by Feranchek(m): 6:10pm On May 23, 2017
eleyi gidi gan o0o! Exposing these 'kids' to Telemundo and the likes is a great danger to their morality. There's time for everything. Gone are the days when parents chase their kids to the room while watching these TV programmes.
Well, as for your cousin, biko don't spank her. Tell her what's right and wrong. Ask her everyday about the boy so you can be updated on what's going on. And please, it's never too late to stop her from immoral TV shows.

3 Likes

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by MChoc24(f): 6:11pm On May 23, 2017
I guess you want her to like girls

1 Like

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by Khd95(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2017
ahhhh this matter pass me ooo,Oga smellymouth,u ve been summoned by the elders,appear asapgrin
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by HardMirror(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2017
divinesaint:
just be close to her so that she can confide in u...but dont encourage her....
Absolutely. Thankx
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by HardMirror(m): 6:15pm On May 23, 2017
MChoc24:
When you have a six year old daughter saying she likes the way a boy touches her, old encourage her. Read my opinion, I only asked for contribution from natured people not kids

2 Likes

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by Feranchek(m): 6:18pm On May 23, 2017
MChoc24:
really? So she should 'fall in love' at this age! Twale for you o0!
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by MChoc24(f): 6:19pm On May 23, 2017
Not my fault your child is over sexualized. Maybe you should find out if her dad is touching her that should be your first concern or are you just a neglectful mother who lets her watch,listen and hang around any and everything

2 Likes

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by Feranchek(m): 6:21pm On May 23, 2017
HardMirror:

When you have a six year old daughter saying she likes the way a boy touches her, old encourage her. Read my opinion, I only asked for contribution from natured people not kids

nna ehn! The babe matter tire me o0o!
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by HardMirror(m): 6:30pm On May 23, 2017
MChoc24:
Not my fault your child is over sexualized. Maybe you should find out if her dad is touching her that should be your first concern or are you just a neglectful mother who lets her watch,listen and hang around any and everything
Some girls can be so daft. Where did u get the indication that I am her mother? And since you know it is not your fault or business, why are you even commenting on the topic.
I think you should be more concerned on the small boys you posed your snapchat ID for cheesy how market hope they are paying well for your services cheesy hehehehe

11 Likes

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by HardMirror(m): 6:31pm On May 23, 2017
Mimzzy any contribution?
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by kayzat: 6:31pm On May 23, 2017
MChoc24:

shikini sense like this you no get.

10 Likes

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by kristonium(m): 6:34pm On May 23, 2017
The child's mind need urgent reprogramming!
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by pweeryambre: 6:37pm On May 23, 2017
HardMirror:

Some girls can be so daft. Where did u get the indication that I am her mother? And since you know it is not your fault or business, why are you even commenting on the topic.
I think you should be more concerned on the small boys you posed your snapchat ID for cheesy how market hope they are paying well for your services cheesy hehehehe
lol...wow
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by lepasharon(f): 6:37pm On May 23, 2017
It's normal. Don't you remember having a bf/gf in primary school, but not in the sense that we know as adults.
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by HardMirror(m): 6:38pm On May 23, 2017
kristonium:
The child's mind need urgent reprogramming!
honestly I blame all these useless cartoons they watch. Most are filled with adult content but because they are animated, we overlook the suggestive messages in them. Just take time to watch the children cartoons they enjoy and you will see that 9 in 10 has depicts the cliche boy meets girl of hollywood
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by HardMirror(m): 6:40pm On May 23, 2017
lepasharon:
It's normal. Don't you remember having a bf/gf in primary school, but not in the sense that we know as adults.
I agree but it is troubling for a six year old to be singing of how she loves the way a boy touches her. Natural to love even from that age
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by HardMirror(m): 6:44pm On May 23, 2017
pweeryambre:

lol...wow
Hello dear. So what is your suggestion or experience
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by pweeryambre: 6:44pm On May 23, 2017
the mum did not need to spank her... the child simply has a faster mental development than her age mates and is becoming aware of different human feelings but unfortunately she cannot explore this one because she's too young to understand it...I'm sure she's Innocent if not she wouldn't have told anyone about it.
the mum should just manage her by trying to answer any of her questions and teach as simple as possible why it is wrong to feel such at a tender age and not scare her in a way that will damage her psych about boys.

4 Likes

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by HardMirror(m): 6:49pm On May 23, 2017
pweeryambre:
the mum did not need to spank her... the child simply has a faster mental development than her age mates and is becoming aware of different human feelings but unfortunately she cannot explore this one because she's too young to understand it...I'm sure she's Innocent if not she wouldn't have told anyone about it.
the mum should just manage her by trying to answer any of her questions and teach as simple as possible why it is wrong to feel such at a tender age and not scare her in a way that will damage her psych about boys.
Truth be told I had feelings for ladies even from a very young age like her, but they were thoughts that I never dared explore. I opened this thread not because the girl did anything wrong but I feel a lot of parent are having this challenge and mismanaging the situation.
Thanks for your input

1 Like

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by MChoc24(f): 6:59pm On May 23, 2017
Ok so why is your weird ass posting about someone else's child why you so concerned if you not raising them and why you so obsessed with my poom poom to be all on my profile you want some ? But you too broke huh? Don't come for me .. don't post stuff if you can't take others opinions life isn't sweet and don't care about you
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by Cuddlebugie(f): 7:01pm On May 23, 2017
A teenager at 6? That girl's brain has a MASSIVE growth spurt...........Since she's only a child in body, she needs to be educated and not spanked/yelled at. She should be given sex education by her MOM, not her classteacher

2 Likes

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by MChoc24(f): 7:06pm On May 23, 2017
@kayzat I only understand correct English
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by pinkpant: 7:14pm On May 23, 2017
MChoc24:
Ok so why is your weird ass posting about someone else's child why you so concerned if you not raising them and why you so obsessed with my poom poom to be all on my profile you want some ? But you too broke huh? Don't come for me .. don't post stuff if you can't take others opinions life isn't sweet and don't care about you
madam what is wrong with you
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by mrmrmister: 7:28pm On May 23, 2017
MChoc24:

Shut the bloody hell up!
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by hahn(m): 3:39pm On May 24, 2017
HardMirror:

I have a 6 year old cousin who came back from school yesterday only to start talking and singing about being in love with a boy in her class. She even made statements about how she likes when he touches her.
It is a shock to me.
Her mum spanked her and warned her sternly to keep away from the boy with some threats.
I strongly disagree this is the best way to handle the situation as it may only make the Gilmore discrete as she grows older.

I was already playing mummy and daddy at that age. Lol

What you should do simply is educate her. Question her feelings. Does the boy love her too? Have they kissed? What has he said to her exactly? How far have they gone when it comes to touching

Kids will always explore and try to replicate what they see happening around them. Tell her about why it is not right for her to indulge such feelings at her age. Show her the parts of her body she should not allow anyone else but herself touch. Help her understand what is right and wrong.

A lot happens when kids are not in the presence of their parents. At the end of the day, the only thing that can help them is the knowledge you have imparted in them.

If you are too harsh she will only withdraw and start keeping secrets

Education is the key

1 Like

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by CAPSLOCKED: 5:50pm On May 24, 2017
HardMirror:

It is a shock to me.

WELL FOR ME I THINK SEX EDUCATION SHOULD BE INTRODUCED AT A VERY YOUNG STAGE, OR THE INSTANT MOMENT WHEN YOU NOTICE ANYTHING UNUSUAL WITH THE KIDS.
TRYING TO SCOLD OR BEAT THEM OUT OF IT WILL GET EVERYTHING TWISTED.
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by makydebbie(f): 6:03pm On May 24, 2017
Feranchek:
eleyi gidi gan o0o! Exposing these 'kids' to Telemundo and the likes is a great danger to their morality. There's time for everything. Gone are the days when parents chase their kids to the room while watching these TV programmes.
Well, as for your cousin, biko don't spank her. Tell her what's right and wrong. Ask her everyday about the boy so you can be updated on what's going on. And please, it's never too late to stop her from immoral TV shows.
Exactly!
Parents should be aware of the kind of programs their kids watch.
Telemundo promotes immorality. And the stupid soap operas has nothing educative to teach. Only the same good old bullish! t that Paloma loves deigo and there's this rival that wants the protagonist and vice versa. Op, just be close to your cousin and get updated on what's happening. Don't scold her, you'll make things worse, and don't forget to teach her about sex education. It's not too early.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by Feranchek(m): 6:08pm On May 24, 2017
makydebbie:
Exactly!
Parents should be aware of the kind of programs their kids watch.
Telemundo promotes immorality. And the stupid soap operas has nothing educative to teach. Only the same good old bullish! t that Paloma loves deigo and there's this rival that wants the protagonist and vice versa. Op, just be close to your cousin and get updated on what's happening. Don't scold her, you'll make things worse, and don't forget to teach her about sex education. It's not too early.

Nothing catchy anymore just different names and face. Frankly speaking, they're worse than this year's BBNaija

1 Like

Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by makydebbie(f): 6:25pm On May 24, 2017
Feranchek:

Nothing catchy anymore just different names and face. Frankly speaking, they're worse than this year's BBNaija
Sure they're.
Re: My 6year Old Cousin Has A Crush On A Boy In School. What Should Be Done? by Nobody: 9:00am On May 28, 2017
You're one to talk. Didn't y'all do worse as kids? I know I did.
The best thing you can do in this case is not leave them unattended for too long. Kids do the darndest things(mummy and daddy). Not like she can get pregnant anyways. Just you wait until they're in their teens...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Who Visit Narialand Family And Romance Sections / Life Insurance / Flogging In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.