Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

REVEALLED: How Formal Education Impoverished Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALLED: How Formal Education Impoverished Nigerians (466 Views)

APC Has Impoverished Nigerians, Buhari Must Go - PDP New Media Group / Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate / 2019: How Sanwo-olu’s Formal Declaration Finally Sealed Ambode’s Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALLED: How Formal Education Impoverished Nigerians by omiaruk: 7:20pm On May 23, 2017
All the secondary school drop outs/failures in my community are now millionaires. Same cannot be said of most graduates. These fail outs were involved in menial jobs like mason, bricklaying, vulcernizing, Road side mechanics, electricians, trading and all sort while the graduates are doing slavery all in the name of civil service and working for others. You hear phrases like 'God forbid I go into business /trading/vocational jobs because I'm a graduate '.
We have been scammed! !!! Education is a scam!! !!
Re: REVEALLED: How Formal Education Impoverished Nigerians by hisgrace090: 8:09pm On May 23, 2017
You de find trouble my friend.
Your observation anoys the educated.
Re: REVEALLED: How Formal Education Impoverished Nigerians by zuchyblink(m): 9:16pm On May 23, 2017
entrepreneurs rule the world
Re: REVEALLED: How Formal Education Impoverished Nigerians by GrandGarcon: 9:33pm On May 23, 2017
I believe that education is not the problem but the type of education, its quality and why the student in particular enrolled in a particular field. What I am saying is that, even if the quality of education is low, why did you go to for example to a university instead of learning a trade, what do you really enjoy as a person? Some people like to take things apart and put it back together, I mean they feel at ease and they express themselves while doing such things, now, why should such a person go an study geology for example? Or read marketing? Why can't he go into something like, let's say become a car technician as the automotive industry has moved into electronics and computers? And grow from there of course, even to the extent of aeronautics, IKEA started as a carpenter, but now they are almost everywhere. What of LEGO? Look at Apple, Microsoft, even the aeronautic industry started from a humble bicycle shop, but now it is a multibillion $ industry. We have to look at a different way of doing things.
Re: REVEALLED: How Formal Education Impoverished Nigerians by Blue3k(m): 9:50pm On May 23, 2017
omiaruk:
All the secondary school drop outs/failures in my community are now millionaires. Same cannot be said of most graduates. These fail outs were involved in menial jobs like mason, bricklaying, vulcernizing, Road side mechanics, electricians, trading and all sort while the graduates are doing slavery all in the name of civil service and working for others. You hear phrases like 'God forbid I go into business /trading/vocational jobs because I'm a graduate '.
We have been scammed! !!! Education is a scam!! !!

You haven't been scammed you just weren't taught to think cost and benefit. Education isn't bad you just need to make sure your studying worth while subject with good employment opportunities and pay within growing industry.

Yes going inot business yourself best way to wealth. You don't have to jump into straight away. Work a high paying job do business on side. The trades are great plumbing, electricians, welders, Web design, coding etc.

I know a few few people who learned their trades in millitary. Broke people shouldn't feel to high to work unless they actually.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Owerri City, Now Dumping Ground For Waste Bin - Secret Leaked Pics / Osinbajo Makes 9 New Appointments As Acting President (SEE Full List) / PHOTOS: Man Arrested For Vandalising Bank Generator In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.